RIDOX Replica Garage Fan Club - Suspended

• Thread starter danbojte
  • 2,328 comments
Thank god I haven't buy PC or PS4! Pcars looks to have GT5 physics.. Body of car goes on rails, dead calm body.. Physics seems lack a lot too. More tunables doesn't mean better game, maybe Pcars 2 or 3 will be worth of buying.
I will probably buy Project Cars, just to see what it's like (PC version), but I won't be buying it right away. I'm going to go with Assetto Corsa first. Mainly because PCars is mostly race cars and I personally prefer street cars. Even tuned street cars over straight up race cars, for me personally. And with Assetto Corsa there are TONS of street cars created by users - so I'm sure between Assetto Corsa and Gran Turismo 6, I will have plenty of Lambo's, Ferrari's and such to drive.

I've heard great things about PCars and I've heard absolutely terrible things about PCars. While I absolutely respect the opinions of certain people, I like to judge for myself. But, like I said, PCars will be secondary to Assetto Corsa for me - unless I can't stand Assetto Corsa, which I can't imagine will be true.

All of this competition is good for us because competition means PD can't just sit back on its laurels any longer. Yes, they are still the king of console racing, but with other titles out there competing, it means PD has to also give 100% and that's good for us, people who love Gran Turismo. I'm certain that GT7 will be an incredible game...it's just a matter of when?!

I will probably buy Project Cars, just to see what it's like (PC version), but I won't be buying it right away. I'm going to go with Assetto Corsa first. Mainly because PCars is mostly race cars and I personally prefer street cars. Even tuned street cars over straight up race cars, for me personally. And with Assetto Corsa there are TONS of street cars created by users - so I'm sure between Assetto Corsa and Gran Turismo 6, I will have plenty of Lambo's, Ferrari's and such to drive.
Pcars was on my "shopping list", AC overtake on that list, but there is problem, I'd like to stay on one machine, PlayStation.
AC needs PC, probably this ends on just after massive wait for GT7 and then buying PS4+G29..
What I have seen on videos AC wipes floor with Pcars, not with graphical bling bling, but physics and actual game, I'm not hunting bling bling, I want game what goes fluidly and realistic, I'm using 720p on GT6 just because of this.

Pcars was on my "shopping list", AC overtake on that list, but there is problem, I'd like to stay on one machine, PlayStation.
AC needs PC, probably this ends on just after massive wait for GT7 and then buying PS4+G29..
What I have seen on videos AC wipes floor with Pcars, not with graphical bling bling, but physics and actual game, I'm not hunting bling bling, I want game what goes fluidly and realistic, I'm using 720p on GT6 just because of this.
I completely understand. I just happened to be in a situation where I needed to purchase a new laptop because mine died a few months back. I have been borrowing my mother's laptop, but she needs it back. So, I decided to spend a bit more money than I normally would on a laptop, just to make sure it has the ability to run games like PCars and Assetto Corsa, hopefully at fully maxed out settings.

I feel the same way as you do. While it's very nice to have gorgeous graphics, I would gladly sacrifice in the graphics department to have better physics and game play. Now I hope GT7 doesn't come until 2017 because I don't want to have to spend $800+ just to be able to play GT7. But, one good thing about the PS4 will be that Assetto Corsa is being ported to PS4, so you'll be able to play it that way. I doubt the user created content will be available, but that doesn't matter. At least you'll have the full game on PS4...

@danbojte fiddling with Lotus, decided to try replicate stock Elise S2 111R, nearly there, unable to use stock springs due game value limitations, instead ended up using Nitron Track Day suspension.
Making was more or less Lotus way, using parts what are already there, reuse them.
Lotus Elise S2 111R Replica 194hp/194Nm/440pp/860kg

130/130
6.32/8.18 425/550 lb/ft
8/7
6/6
5/5
0.1/1.8
0.00/0.11
5/5 standard brake bias

Gearbox 290 kmh
Final 4.529

15/27/16 LSD

As you see I toke shortcut and tested how this feels on Evora LSD, well, and same for dampers and arb, really easy replica to make, really well behaving car.
Again using Nitron Track Day suspension kit 425/550lb/ft.
Confort soft or lower are fine, works sports hard and above too.
Stock Rims!
What's not mentioned is on stock/default value.
NO OIL CHANGE
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...st-lotus-replicas.321014/page-2#post-10942640

Last edited:
EVENT: Feat. LOTUS/Laguna Seca

lotus-logo.png
laguna.png

CARS Offered by O.D. Engineering (@OdeFinn ):

Car 1: Lotus Elise S2 111R - Realworld Replica
Car 2: Lotus Elise S1 Racecar '96 - "Replica"

Car 1/Race 1, Comfort Soft Tyres
Car 2/Race 2, Sports Hard Tyres

Racing Number (5 points Penalty if missing)

Base: Type E
Typeface: Type A
Number: Your Reserved Number

ALL SETTINGS MUST BE FOLLOWED EXACTLY!*

*FREE CHOICE: Colors & Brakes ONLY!

TRACK:
laguna.png

Races: 2 x 30 min, 60 min between Starts

Penalty: Weak, Tyre/Fuel Depletion: Very Fast, Mechanical Damage: Light, Driving Options: No Aids/ABS,Minimum No. of Pit Stops: 0

Track limits
- The track area is delimited always by the continuous white lines painted on both sides of the track.

- The white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track.

- You are required to keep always at least two wheels inside the track area.
Race 1 Start Type and Grid Order
Rolling Start - Single File: Reverse Grid Based on the Championship Standings

- After the START signal we'll line-up slowly, as single-file, on the left side of the track and Stop.

- The last position's driver will check if everybody has lined-up and will give 3 horn signals. The Pole Sitter will drive at 80 kph speed limit and each car will follow, without overtaking. The cars movement has to be fluent.

- The Race will Start for each racer after hitting the first corner's apex (or other point will be specified).
Race 2 Start Type and Grid Order
Grid Start with False Start Check: Reverse Grid Based on Race 1 Results

The new entrants, DNF-ers and DQ'd will start from the back of the Grid, in the order they will Enter the Event in Community Section.

Race 1 Provisional Starting Grid:

1. #46 @Thorin Cain
  2. #27 @RMan72
  3. #69 @TurnLeft
  4. #_7 @danbojte
  5. #81 @OdeFinn
fawRgqayvrdeCPpR_0.jpg

#_3 @ALB123
#_4 @DaBomm4
#11 @Ridox2JZGTE
#21 @joaosoarescso
#44 @Brewguy44
#45 @Lionheart2113
#54 @Lewis_Hamilton_
#89 @BadgerVadge

Anybody may enter the Championship anytime. Race when you want or can.

Important!

- NAT type 2 - From XMB - Go to Network - Test Internet connection - make sure you have a NAT type 2connection.

- Clear the System Cache - From GT6 - Go to Menu - Options - Network - Clear System Cache.

- Double Check - Please, Double Check the Settings and the Rules.

- Join Early - The Races will Start on Time! The Room will be opened 30 min or earlier, before the Race Start. Join early, to take your time to solve the possible Connection issues.

Please read and follow the CLUB RULES

Schedule - 2015.09.26 12:00 GMT JOIN

Results:

Race 1
LOTUS_LAGUNA SECA Race 1.jpg

Race 2
LOTUS_LAGUNA SECA Race 2.jpg

Replay Files Download

Come back often to this post to stay up-to-date!

:cheers:

Last edited:
Yes, a Lotus will be. The one that @OdeFinn will choose and prepare.
Well, thanks for this opportunity.
There is now four choices.. Evora standard might be best for all, probably best handling and least spins ahead, but please test all your skills with Evora, and Elise. Test with CS tyres, maybe for fun also SH.
I have one Lotus on my sleeve, Elise racecar '96 tuned max without turbo, 238hp/???Nm/645kg/544pp on sports hard, and it's freaking great to drive. There is lotus setup installed on it with rover gearbox etc. This would be great car on fast track like Nürburgring 24H or similar.

I'm more or less waiting opinions from others, what fits on hand from those.
I'll post that Elise '96 racecar setup later today, I'm not sure can it be considered as replica, it's using bit mixed setup parts from lotus, hmm or was all from S1 genre.. Had to check.

In the mean time, another super battle : F40 vs CTR lightweight vs 456GT vs Viper vs JDM cars ( Veilside Evolution Supra, NSX R, Supra Turbo ) Best Motoring Super Battle 94 :

Both F40 and CTR lightweight, as well as Veilside Supra have over 500PS. Watch from start to finish, lots of action at mountain road, wet gymkhana test by gan-san, Dyno run, 0-400 + top speed 1 lap at Yatabe Test track, Tsuchiya-san makes some funny comments on the car check ( 456GT has white gold gear stick, Viper walk around, F40 HLS and Dori Dori messing with the RUF CTR door sill :lol: ), horn check ( yep, these supercars sounds ugly at times ) and super battle with many close calls between supercars and JDM.

The RUF CTR 6 speed weight 1160kg with no driver and 1234kg with full tank + driver, while F40 1270kg and 1360kg.

The CTR had narrower front tire at 205 and wider rear at 265 than original CTR at 215 and 255, likely to stabilize the car.

Last edited:
Well, thanks for this opportunity.
There is now four choices.. Evora standard might be best for all, probably best handling and least spins ahead, but please test all your skills with Evora, and Elise. Test with CS tyres, maybe for fun also SH.
I have one Lotus on my sleeve, Elise racecar '96 tuned max without turbo, 238hp/???Nm/645kg/544pp on sports hard, and it's freaking great to drive. There is lotus setup installed on it with rover gearbox etc. This would be great car on fast track like Nürburgring 24H or similar.

I'm more or less waiting opinions from others, what fits on hand from those.
I'll post that Elise '96 racecar setup later today, I'm not sure can it be considered as replica, it's using bit mixed setup parts from lotus, hmm or was all from S1 genre.. Had to check.
Can you give me the links to the different setups so that I can test them :crazy:.

Do you guys have any recommendations on a good sim racing rig? I specifically am looking for one that doesn't have a bar between the drivers legs. I absolutely refuse to buy one of those. Your Speedmaster 2.0 looks great @danbojte, but it's out of stock. Plus, I wonder if they'd kill me on shipping to the United States. But that style - something without that bar coming up between the legs - that's what I'm looking for. Oh, and I'd probably prefer to not have a racing style bucket seat, with those side walls at the hips, if I could help it.

Do you guys have any recommendations on a good sim racing rig? I specifically am looking for one that doesn't have a bar between the drivers legs. I absolutely refuse to buy one of those. Your Speedmaster 2.0 looks great @danbojte, but it's out of stock. Plus, I wonder if they'd kill me on shipping to the United States. But that style - something without that bar coming up between the legs - that's what I'm looking for. Oh, and I'd probably prefer to not have a racing style bucket seat, with those side walls at the hips, if I could help it.
I built my own, then I moved to college and never have the space for any of it...

This or,

You can find a nice list here. ;) 👍

Last edited:
Thanks danbojte! I've seen that list... I just thought I'd ask because I like to hear people's opinions on products, if I can, before I make a purchase. It's funny...It seems like 90% of the racing sim rigs/seats are made in Europe. I do personally believe that sim racing is bigger in Europe than the USA, so maybe it shouldn't surprise me.

There are a couple that I've been looking at. The only problem I have is - if I decide to go with a complete rig, I'm going to have to move my console downstairs. That's not a big deal...and my PC sim racing will be on a laptop, so that's portable, but I'll then have to decide whether I want to use a TV (I'll have to buy a new one) or go with smaller monitors. Well, single monitor for the Playstation. Ugh...I hate decisions. :lol:

Thanks danbojte! I've seen that list... I just thought I'd ask because I like to hear people's opinions on products, if I can, before I make a purchase. It's funny...It seems like 90% of the racing sim rigs/seats are made in Europe. I do personally believe that sim racing is bigger in Europe than the USA, so maybe it shouldn't surprise me.

There are a couple that I've been looking at. The only problem I have is - if I decide to go with a complete rig, I'm going to have to move my console downstairs. That's not a big deal...and my PC sim racing will be on a laptop, so that's portable, but I'll then have to decide whether I want to use a TV (I'll have to buy a new one) or go with smaller monitors. Well, single monitor for the Playstation. Ugh...I hate decisions. :lol:
Have you looked at the first link too? It is a US link. 👍

@danbojte there was 0.11 rear toe on S1 Racecar, changed to 0.10, due increased camber, forget during tuning, reason why rear felt so light.

Edit:Well let's still keep it on 0.11, car is bit too understeery with ,0.10.

Last edited:
Damn, me and my laziness, there was left S2 front springs on S1 RC settings sheet, corrected that 425-> 550lb/ft now. Check your settings.

IMG_20150901_203200.jpg

Racecar has now that B6BST gearbox(Fg3.938), if we want some easier overtaking and more shuffling with gears I propose to lend Exige B4BPQ box, only difference is shorter 4.200 Final gear, same 4.200 is used on S1 too(B4BP), but on open differential. Exige has Quaife helical LSD, really similar as Torsen.

Let me know who wants to use 4.200, or stay on 3.938? I'd like to switch on 4.200

4.200 equipped transmission is more for racing than standard final gear equipped box.. Mistake at first point to install that standard final box... :/

Last edited:
To all of my good friends, I've just got the news that I have a large tumor (cancer) in the lung region, I still have a few more tests and scans to pass to find out what kind and if there are more. My final exam should be the 18th, so I'm not really sure if I'll be able to be there on the 19th, I still don't know if or when they will start treatment, but if I can make it you can bet your Gluteus maximus :D that I'll be there to win.

Basically this is why I have been less active for the last 6 months, energy level is running low most of the time and so has my humor.

So just in case I don't get to say a farewell because of things going out of my control, just want to say I really appreciate (notice I didn't use the past tense because I'm not dead yet :P) the time I have spent with all of you here at GTP and with the grace of god (or me :lol:) we'll still share some numerous good times together. Love you all - Francis

PS: If someone is wondering why I posted this here (I asked myself the same bloody question) it's just this is where I was at that moment.

PS2: Keep treating me as you always did, no special favors or ...:mischievous:

PS3: Just turned it on 👍.

PS4: On my x-mass list with GT7 :cool:.

To all of my good friends, I've just got the news that I have a large tumor (cancer) in the lung region, I still have a few more tests and scans to pass to find out what kind and if there are more. My final exam should be the 18th, so I'm not really sure if I'll be able to be there on the 19th, I still don't know if or when they will start treatment, but if I can make it you can bet your Gluteus maximus :D that I'll be there to win.

Basically this is why I have been less active for the last 6 months, energy level is running low most of the time and so has my humor.

So just in case I don't get to say a farewell because of things going out of my control, just want to say I really appreciate (notice I didn't use the past tense because I'm not dead yet :P) the time I have spent with all of you here at GTP and with the grace of god (or me :lol:) we'll still share some numerous good times together. Love you all - Francis

PS: If someone is wondering why I posted this here (I asked myself the same bloody question) it's just this is where I was at that moment.

I wish you all the Good Health in the World, my Good Friend. You're a great warrior on the track so you have to fight and Win!

Wishing you all the best and a fast recovery.
I'll send 3P0 over to look after you, he quite likes the cold

Back