RIDOX Replica Garage-In Memory of TurnLeft-GT40,300ZX,F430,TVR,AEM S2000,Cizeta,TransAm Doug Nash

• Thread starter Ridox2JZGTE
  • 5,032 comments
Yeah? I'm a little slower than 2:03.xxx right now, but I just need practice with the car. Ridox's Alternative Suspension setup calls for tons of camber and we all know how that works in GT6. It slips the tires and allows for good rotation in the corners, but at the expensive of straight line performance.

It's such a beautiful car. I could watch it do laps for days... Oh, and the sound of it in real life is magic. Not so much in Gran Turismo though.. :lol:

Yeah? I'm a little slower than 2:03.xxx right now, but I just need practice with the car. Ridox's Alternative Suspension setup calls for tons of camber and we all know how that works in GT6. It slips the tires and allows for good rotation in the corners, but at the expensive of straight line performance.

It's such a beautiful car. I could watch it do laps for days... Oh, and the sound of it in real life is magic. Not so much in Gran Turismo though.. :lol:
This car was absolutely horrible when I first drove it in GT6. I'm convinced it was 'broken'. It's taken several game updates & Ridox waving his magic wand over it to get it to where it needs to be. What I understand about camber is it greatly depends on several things to be effective. How much the car leans over, the flex in the body/suspension & tyre pressures all play a role. Another thing about camber is the more you run, the less effective the car will be in braking due to the reduced contact patch of the tyres, especially in a straightline.
I actually don't mind the sound emitted by the R8 Audi's in GT6. Both GT3 BMW's on the other hand...:odd: :irked: :yuck: Nothing like the real world. Not even close :grumpy:

This car was absolutely horrible when I first drove it in GT6. I'm convinced it was 'broken'. It's taken several game updates & Ridox waving his magic wand over it to get it to where it needs to be. What I understand about camber is it greatly depends on several things to be effective. How much the car leans over, the flex in the body/suspension & tyre pressures all play a role. Another thing about camber is the more you run, the less effective the car will be in braking due to the reduced contact patch of the tyres, especially in a straightline.
I actually don't mind the sound emitted by the R8 Audi's in GT6. Both GT3 BMW's on the other hand...:odd: :irked: :yuck: Nothing like the real world. Not even close :grumpy:
I agree with your assessment about camber in GT6. It's tricky figuring out how much should be used, but I always prefer using camber rather than going 0.0/0.0 even if zero camber all around could be faster. It won't feel right to me. I've also taken part in a small experiment and I was always faster with camber than without. I wasn't sandbagging the 0.0/0.0 setups either. I would give it all I could on each different setup.

I agree with your assessment about camber in GT6. It's tricky figuring out how much should be used, but I always prefer using camber rather than going 0.0/0.0 even if zero camber all around could be faster. It won't feel right to me. I've also taken part in a small experiment and I was always faster with camber than without. I wasn't sandbagging the 0.0/0.0 setups either. I would give it all I could on each different setup.
My comments about camber where referring to the real world but, since camber has been fixed in GT6, they also ring true except for the tyre pressures obviously. Before camber was fixed, I used to run 0.0 on everything because it was the fast way of doing things. Even my road car (Holden Commodore) has 0.5 degrees of negative camber straight off the production line to deal with the soft sidewalls of road tyres and the body roll inherent in a car designed for comfort. Holden actually sent out every Commodore from 1978 - 1993 with positive camber on the front wheels :odd:

Ah yes...I thought u were talking about GT6, which I still agree is how it SHOULD work in the game - but it's quite different for some reason. Obviously, we can't adjust the air pressure in our tires...maybe that will come in GT7? From what I understand even Forza 5 has that implemented along with inner/middle/outer tire temps.

I wonder why the positive camber on the Commodores? I just bought the two Holden cars in GT6 a couple of days ago. :D There's been a photo floating around GTP of an older Bugatti with 4 members of the Bugatti design team standing around it. You can see massive amounts of positive camber in the front wheel setup.

thebugattis-png.440927

Ah yes...I thought u were talking about GT6, which I still agree is how it SHOULD work in the game - but it's quite different for some reason. Obviously, we can't adjust the air pressure in our tires...maybe that will come in GT7? From what I understand even Forza 5 has that implemented along with inner/middle/outer tire temps.

I wonder why the positive camber on the Commodores? I just bought the two Holden cars in GT6 a couple of days ago. :D There's been a photo floating around GTP of an older Bugatti with 4 members of the Bugatti design team standing around it. You can see massive amounts of positive camber in the front wheel setup.

thebugattis-png.440927
The quirky way camber works in GT6 may have something to do with the way ride height is, er, designed? Can't believe they still haven't fixed that :odd:
Here's hoping we do get to play with tyre pressures in GT7 & see how it effects the temp across the tread at 3 points like every racing team does in real life. That'd be excellent but only if it works properly from day 1.
With regards to the Commodores, Holden had a way of designing suspension for it's cars & our unique roads from it's first car in 1948. It wasn't until an American came out here from GM HQ in the late 60's that things started to go down the weird path. He decreed that a car is safer if it totally gives up grip & ploughs off the road with terminal understeer than a car that swaps ends & goes off in a four wheel drift. May've had something to do with cross-ply tyres? Holden didn't start tuning it's cars for radial tyres until 1977! I can remember a car magazine running a comparison between '93 & '94 Commodores where the difference in cornering was apparent to blind Freddy! '93 under steered like all before it & '94 actually showed interest in making it out the other side of the corner. Imagine that.
If you've just bought the 2 Holdens, it won't take you long at all to notice the difference between the Commodore & the Monaro when you offer them a corner. The back end seems glued to the track in the Commodore making the front end give up if pushed whereas the Monaro feels a lot more realistic to me. Additionally, if you paint the Commodore Heron White, your essentially looking at my car :D
image.jpg

3.6 litre V6 with 235bhp 1568kg

As a lover of classic cars such as that beautiful Bugatti, I've made entries in the Suggestions thread requesting PD bestow GT7 with such wonderful examples with one vital condition: they must have positive camber just like in the photo. A Bugatti just wouldn't look right without it & it didn't stop them from winning countless races in the period in which they were the car to have. We can only dream :bowdown:

Ahh nice car Pete! I like sedans... but I like them to be sporty too! That's a sharp looking car. Do they still make the V8 Commodore? This 2004 SS model is packing 327 horses with 343 torques! Not too shabby...

Ahh nice car Pete! I like sedans... but I like them to be sporty too! That's a sharp looking car. Do they still make the V8 Commodore? This 2004 SS model is packing 327 horses with 343 torques! Not too shabby...
Thanks mate :) 👍 That's actually a pic of the www's but my car is exactly the same. My previous car was one of these
image.jpg

Again, not my car but a carbon copy. 5.0V8 300bhp 1220kg sounded the bizz & as Meatloaf sang, went like a bat outta hell! Needed a champagne restoration on a beer budget :indiff:

The 2004 Commodore had a 5.7 Chevy LS1 under the bonnet, or, hood as you guys over the pond say. In 2006, we got a totally new model you may recognize as a Pontiac G8 which was built on the same platform as the 2010 Camaro. That had a 6.0V8 putting out 350bhp but it was a heavier car. Currently we can buy a Mum & Dad Commodore with 362bhp or if that's too pedestrian, upgrade to this & enjoy all the benefits of 580bhp from the same engine as a Cadillac CTS-V
image.jpg

Unfortunately, the bean counters in Detroit decided a few years ago that Holden wasn't making enough profit & Australian built cars will be no more from the end of 2017 :( They're releasing the last of the Aussie built Commodores in around 10 days & the word around the campfire is that the most sporting model will get the send off it deserves with the 639bhp LS9 from the C6 ZR1 Corvette :mischievous: It'll sell for over AUS$100k but I'd chew my toes off for one thankyou very much.

I just spun the Commodore SS around Nordschleife for the first time - completely stock except for the tires which I moved down to Comfort Soft. 8:32.465 but definitely left time out on the track. You're right. I was so unsure of myself going into the corners. I'd really have to turn in early on some medium speed turns because my front end just wanted to keep going straight. :eek: Several times I had my arms completely crossed up as I would crank the wheel as much as I could, just hoping those front tires would bite in enough to get me through the turn.

I can see some potential in the car. She's a little bit of a porker at 1658kg. I felt all of that weight during my lap, especially once the car got up over 100 mph. Man, when you hit 5th gear it's just dog city. Fortunately, you're not shifting into 5th too often.

Ooh! I like the photo with the yellow calipers. That's a sweet looking ride.

Shame that they're killing off Holden. I wouldn't have even known if you didn't tell me. Truthfully, I really don't know anything about the history of Holden cars. In fact, I probably wouldn't know anything about 'em at all if it weren't for the GTO model they sold over here in the States that was based off of an Australian model. A 639hp model would be just fine with me. Damn... Cars are so sick nowadays. So much power in everything!

I just spun the Commodore SS around Nordschleife for the first time - completely stock except for the tires which I moved down to Comfort Soft. 8:32.465 but definitely left time out on the track. You're right. I was so unsure of myself going into the corners. I'd really have to turn in early on some medium speed turns because my front end just wanted to keep going straight. :eek: Several times I had my arms completely crossed up as I would crank the wheel as much as I could, just hoping those front tires would bite in enough to get me through the turn.

I can see some potential in the car. She's a little bit of a porker at 1658kg. I felt all of that weight during my lap, especially once the car got up over 100 mph. Man, when you hit 5th gear it's just dog city. Fortunately, you're not shifting into 5th too often.

Ooh! I like the photo with the yellow calipers. That's a sweet looking ride.

Shame that they're killing off Holden. I wouldn't have even known if you didn't tell me. Truthfully, I really don't know anything about the history of Holden cars. In fact, I probably wouldn't know anything about 'em at all if it weren't for the GTO model they sold over here in the States that was based off of an Australian model. A 639hp model would be just fine with me. Damn... Cars are so sick nowadays. So much power in everything!
Ok now take the Monaro for a run & see how different it is. Remember same weight, wheelbase, front & rear track but a slightly lower centre of gravity. From memory they even have the same weight distribution but it's night & day when you drive the two back to back.
You reckon 5th is bad, try 6th! I've never met a fan of those ratios. Everyone says it's useless.

Woah! What a difference... That Monaro actually likes to turn. You can actually toss the rear end out if you wanna play around a bit. I just did a single lap around Nordschleife 8:24.544 -- an 8 second improvement over the Commodore. Man...you weren't kidding! The cars are night and day different.

Woah! What a difference... That Monaro actually likes to turn. You can actually toss the rear end out if you wanna play around a bit. I just did a single lap around Nordschleife 8:24.544 -- an 8 second improvement over the Commodore. Man...you weren't kidding! The cars are night and day different.
:) 👍 It's like they were made in a different country isn't it :odd:
Funny thing is, my car is closer to the Monaro than the Commodore & it's actually a Commodore :odd: Might have something to do with it having a lighter V6 between the front wheels & better weight distribution but when you compare both cars specs in GT6 they shouldn't be so far apart :odd:

Yeah...I chalk this up to PD's general craziness. The car's don't feel anything alike in GT6. I mean, nothing alike at all. It's crazy to find out that they're built on an almost identical platform.

Yeah...I chalk this up to PD's general craziness. The car's don't feel anything alike in GT6. I mean, nothing alike at all. It's crazy to find out that they're built on an almost identical platform.
And yet there blessed with the same PP value. Go figure :confused:

Actually... The Commodore is 462PP and the Monaro is only 459PP! :lol: I'll take the Monaro 100 times in a row over the Commodore in a race... :D Ahhh...Good 'ole PD. One of these days the PP system will make sense.

There's a Commodore made long ago, it's in the OP under bonus tune :) I also posted a Monaro for @Pete05 sometime ago :)

For LMS Ultra @ALB123, I really need to revisit the car, it's been long time since 1.09 and I have sold the car :( Will have to buy another and do another round of tune + test.

Here is the tune in simple form @Pete05 and @ALB123

Holden Monaro CV8 '04

Power 386HP/5900rpm
Limiter 100%
Torque 377.4 ft lb/4400rpm
Weight 1692kg
Distribution 55/45

No oil change
Ballast 44kg, Ballast position -50.

Parts:
Window Weight Reduction
Intake Tuning
Semi Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter Sports

Suspension :

RH 135 135
SR 4.72 10.79
Dampers Comp 5 5
Dampers Ext 4 3
ARB 5 4 - Rear ARB 5 for stable high speed - Big willow
Camber 0.2 1.0
Toe 0.08 0.20

Transmission
Set final to 3.700
Set Top Speed to 230mph / 370kmh
Set each gear
1st 2.660
2nd 1.780
3rd 1.300
4th 1.000
5th 0.740
6th 0.500
Final 3.700

LSD
Initial 15
Accel 24
Braking 10

BB 5/5

Spring rate uses the ratio from stock Monaro/GTO springs ( front too low for GT6 ), Weight is heaviest curb weight for a Monaro, distribution 55/45 as Holden claim. Stock ground clearance 135mm, camber/toe alignment from Pontiac GTO ( should be close to Monaro CV8/VXR ) Transmission from 5.7 VXR with 3.7 final. VXR 5.7 V8 power quoted as 387HP with 376 torque.
1:06.2s at Tsukuba on CS, revlimit close to 6000RPM, similar top speed on each gear to VXR 5.7

Here is the tune in simple form @Pete05 and @ALB123

Holden Monaro CV8 '04

Power 386HP/5900rpm
Limiter 100%
Torque 377.4 ft lb/4400rpm
Weight 1692kg
Distribution 55/45

No oil change
Ballast 44kg, Ballast position -50.

Parts:
Window Weight Reduction
Intake Tuning
Semi Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter Sports

Suspension :

RH 135 135
SR 4.72 10.79
Dampers Comp 5 5
Dampers Ext 4 3
ARB 5 4 - Rear ARB 5 for stable high speed - Big willow
Camber 0.2 1.0
Toe 0.08 0.20

Transmission
Set final to 3.700
Set Top Speed to 230mph / 370kmh
Set each gear
1st 2.660
2nd 1.780
3rd 1.300
4th 1.000
5th 0.740
6th 0.500
Final 3.700

LSD
Initial 15
Accel 24
Braking 10

BB 5/5

Spring rate uses the ratio from stock Monaro/GTO springs ( front too low for GT6 ), Weight is heaviest curb weight for a Monaro, distribution 55/45 as Holden claim. Stock ground clearance 135mm, camber/toe alignment from Pontiac GTO ( should be close to Monaro CV8/VXR ) Transmission from 5.7 VXR with 3.7 final. VXR 5.7 V8 power quoted as 387HP with 376 torque.
1:06.2s at Tsukuba on CS, revlimit close to 6000RPM, similar top speed on each gear to VXR 5.7
I can see this gem going for a quick tour or two of the Nordschleife & Bathurst & La Sierra & a few others in the not too distant future. Thanks again Ridox :bowdown: :cheers:
I remember the Commodore you posted had a special Kazz LSD which is a popular conversion over here. A common complaint about the factory LSD is that it's too 'loose' as in too prone to roasting the inside wheel before it decides to lock up and act like an LSD. Unfortunately my car has an open diff & if I could spare the coin I'd visit Harrop for a Truetrac. That's no cheap exercise though as I've been quoted $1408 fitted. Considering I just cruise around like a good little trooper & hardly ever have traction issues, it's not exactly top of the 'to do' list.

Hey, thanks a lot @Ridox2JZGTE. Both of those cars will be much nicer with some Ridox Treatment. ;) Speaking of the Ridox Treatment, I sure can't wait to get my hands on that BMW M4 Replica build you've been working on. ::hint hint:: :lol: My brother just picked his up today at BMW in Munich, Germany. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him that Sunday's weather is good. As long as it doesn't rain he'll be taking the M4 on the Nordschleife. He said he doesn't want to go if it rains. Screw that! Nothing could keep me off that road. :D

That's a bummer that you have to sell cars Ridox. I wish I could gift you credits or at least cars. I know you don't get to play as much as I do, so it's not as easy for you to stockpile credits and cars... As for the Audi R8 LMS Ultra -- no doubt that's one of the trickier cars in GT6. Whenever it's brought up in the forums there are always a handful of people pulling their hair out over that car. I shouldn't laugh. If it weren't for this garage I would be one of them! :eek:

Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08
KW V3 Custom Setup

Tuned to replicate Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
Comfort Soft

Alfa-Romeo-8C-Competizione-widescreen-033.jpg

CAR : Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08
Tire : Comfort Soft

Specs Heaviest Running Weight
Horsepower: 442 HP at 7000 RPM
Torque : 354.4 ft-lb at 5000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1751 kg
Ballast : 166 kg
Ballast Position : -3
Weight Distribution : 49 / 51
Performance Points: 491

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD )
Wheels : Stock
Car Paint : Red or Yellow or White.

Tuning Parts Installed :
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension

Suspension - KW V3 Custom Spring
Optional Lower Ride Height -15 to 40mm

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 120 120 - Optional Lower from -15 to -40 = 105 105 to 80 80
Spring Rate: 8.04 8.04
Dampers (Compression): 3 3
Dampers (Extension): 3 2
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 3
Camber Angle: 2.0 1.5
Toe Angle: 0.08 0.17

LSD - Medium Lock LSD
Initial Torque : 20
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 13

Brake Balance:
5/7 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/5, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/7 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

Notes coming soon
A replay has been included, test run at Eiger Nordwand, on CS tire. Lap time is 1:15s, witness how the 8C can be driven smooth while still being fun and lively.

Attachments

• AlfaRomeo8C1m15sEigerCS.zip
    303.3 KB · Views: 13
Ooh mama! New car! NEW CAR!! I was almost done with GT6 for the night... I was laying down, but I realized there was no way I'd be able to fall asleep yet. So, I hopped back on the console and look what I get for my insomnia? A new Alfa Romeo build!! :D :cheers: Time to call the mechanics in...Its 2:10am, what else could they be doing? I wanna be driving my 8C within 15 minutes. :sly: :P

BMW F82 M4 "Early Build Version"
BMW Official Power + MotorTrend Randy Pobst Laguna Seca Lap Record

Tuned to replicate BMW F82 M4
Comfort Soft

BMWM4MotorTrend.jpg

CAR : BMW M4 Coupe
Tire : Comfort Soft

Specs Car & Driver Test Weight
Horsepower: 425 HP at 5200 RPM
Torque : 434.7 ft-lb at 2900 RPM
Power Limiter at : 91.9%
Weight: 1640 kg
Ballast : 143 kg
Ballast Position : -20
Weight Distribution : 53 / 47 - as real life test 52.6 / 47.4
Performance Points: 504

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD )
Wheels : Stock
Car Paint : Tornado Rot or Cyberia Blue or Yellow or White.

Tuning Parts Installed :
Sport Exhaust ( For sound aesthetics purpose )
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Fully Customizable Suspension

Suspension - OEM Stock Spring Ratio Adapted
BMW F82 M4 OEM Aligment Range - Track Oriented

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 140 140
Spring Rate: 3.98 12.37
Dampers (Compression): 4 1
Dampers (Extension): 6 2
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 3
Camber Angle: 1.2 1.7
Toe Angle: -0.10 0.06

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Stock 7 Speed Corrected Final

Set Default
Use Default Final 3.154
Set Auto Max Speed to 440kmh / 273mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 4.806
2nd 2.593
3rd 1.701
4th 1.277
5th 1.000
6th 0.844
7th 0.671
Set Final Gear : 3.462

LSD - BMW M Variable Lock LSD
Initial Torque : 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 40
Braking Sensitivity: 40

Brake Balance:
5/6 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/4, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/6 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

An early build version, uses Car & Driver M4 7 speed test report and aimed to replicate 2014 MotorTrend Best Driver's Car - Randy Pobst lap record at Laguna Seca 1:39.69s.

Power is BMW official power spec, there will be more powerful version which based on real life stock M4 dyno test results and Ohlins TTX Track setup

Replay has been included of a test run at Laguna Seca on CS at 1:39.5s

Attachments

• BMWM41m39sLagunaSecaCS.zip
    374.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Ridox...Just curious. Where did you get this weight for the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08? Evo magazine, Car and Driver and several other reputable sources online list 1585 kg as the weight.

EDIT: Damn...I decided to test out the Alfa Romeo 8C on Eiger Nordwand, like Ridox did. A) I'm absolutely terrible on this track in cockpit view. Holy crap!! :banghead: Those quick hairpin turns are so hard now... B) I never realized there is a Pit section on this course. Right after the jump, just past the starting/finish line there is a road that you can drive up, on the left side of the track, and I thought I was just being clever and I would eventually run into an invisible wall. Nope. The computer takes over driving, just like in the Pits, and navigates you around all these twists and turns. The Pits section is a bunch of tents! :lol: It's hilarious...Check it out if you've never been. Pit road is so freakin' long...

Last edited:
Ridox...Just curious. Where did you get this weight for the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08? Evo magazine, Car and Driver and several other reputable sources online list 1585 kg as the weight.

EDIT: Damn...I decided to test out the Alfa Romeo 8C on Eiger Nordwand, like Ridox did. A) I'm absolutely terrible on this track in cockpit view. Holy crap!! :banghead: Those quick hairpin turns are so hard now... B) I never realized there is a Pit section on this course. Right after the jump, just past the starting/finish line there is a road that you can drive up, on the left side of the track, and I thought I was just being clever and I would eventually run into an invisible wall. Nope. The computer takes over driving, just like in the Pits, and navigates you around all these twists and turns. The Pits section is a bunch of tents! :lol: It's hilarious...Check it out if you've never been. Pit road is so freakin' long...

The 8C weight is from Zeperfs.com :) I used heaviest running weight as I felt the performance still similar to real life 8C. You can try the 1660kg, the 1585 is dry weight.

Better download the replay I provided, that way you can use it as a ghost or watch how I drive at Eiger ( braking points ) 👍 BMW M4 has been updated also with replay and nice video to watch, enjoy :cheers:

I can see this gem going for a quick tour or two of the Nordschleife & Bathurst & La Sierra & a few others in the not too distant future. Thanks again Ridox :bowdown: :cheers:
I remember the Commodore you posted had a special Kazz LSD which is a popular conversion over here. A common complaint about the factory LSD is that it's too 'loose' as in too prone to roasting the inside wheel before it decides to lock up and act like an LSD. Unfortunately my car has an open diff & if I could spare the coin I'd visit Harrop for a Truetrac. That's no cheap exercise though as I've been quoted $1408 fitted. Considering I just cruise around like a good little trooper & hardly ever have traction issues, it's not exactly top of the 'to do' list.

The Commodore may need update too :)

I saw that you finally hosted the WSR Ralt RT3 tuning competition :) I checked my garage and saw that I have the car built long ago when the Ayrton Senna event can be played ( when I updated :P ). It uses real life setup approach, although the spring rate is not possible ( used the lowest it can go on GT6 - almost twice as hard as F3 in the 80's ), tested at Brands Hatch GP 80's, 1:25s low on 1st lap, could get 1:24s with no lock ups and some cleaner entry on certain corners. I may join the competition, but I doubt I will win :lol:

The Commodore may need update too :)

I saw that you finally hosted the WSR Ralt RT3 tuning competition :) I checked my garage and saw that I have the car built long ago when the Ayrton Senna event can be played ( when I updated :P ). It uses real life setup approach, although the spring rate is not possible ( used the lowest it can go on GT6 - almost twice as hard as F3 in the 80's ), tested at Brands Hatch GP 80's, 1:25s low on 1st lap, could get 1:24s with no lock ups and some cleaner entry on certain corners. I may join the competition, but I doubt I will win :lol:
Oh ok. I was planning on taking it for a flex after dinner. I think I still will just for the sake of it.

Yes, I decided to step up to the plate so to speak & host the F3 challenge.
Please feel free to join in as a tuner, tester or both. I know your not exactly overflowing with spare time at the moment but it would be a pleasure to have you join in the fun. If you're turning laps in the 1:25's & threatening to dip into the 24's, you're more than in the ballpark ;)
You'll know from previous conversations that I don't consider myself a tuner, in fact, I'm not even a tuner's bootlace! Having said that, I've had a play with the individual gear ratios, final drive ratio & wings whilst leaving everything else in default settings. As a result, I've seen 1:24:xxx with a little room for improvement. If I turn the spanners on the suspension, I think I may just tinker with the anti-roll bars as I fear if I venture into the springs, shocks or camber settings, I'll be making blind adjustments & end up making the car a pig's breakfast.

I still consider it broken, though the @Ridox2JZGTE huge improvements made it reasonable. :cheers:
Oh there's still a trace of evil present for sure. If I try for a 100% effort at Bathurst, it wants to leap the fence & join the spectators when I start the journey across the top of the mountain :banghead:

Oh ok. I was planning on taking it for a flex after dinner. I think I still will just for the sake of it.

Yes, I decided to step up to the plate so to speak & host the F3 challenge.
Please feel free to join in as a tuner, tester or both. I know your not exactly overflowing with spare time at the moment but it would be a pleasure to have you join in the fun. If you're turning laps in the 1:25's & threatening to dip into the 24's, you're more than in the ballpark ;)
You'll know from previous conversations that I don't consider myself a tuner, in fact, I'm not even a tuner's bootlace! Having said that, I've had a play with the individual gear ratios, final drive ratio & wings whilst leaving everything else in default settings. As a result, I've seen 1:24:xxx with a little room for improvement. If I turn the spanners on the suspension, I think I may just tinker with the anti-roll bars as I fear if I venture into the springs, shocks or camber settings, I'll be making blind adjustments & end up making the car a pig's breakfast.

I will join :)

The RALT RT3 F3 was tuned using data I gathered from people who still raced this F3 car in Europe ( historic events ) My build is simple, and not aimed at ultimate lap time, but to get close to the 80's F3 performance and it was meant for sports tire.

I used minimum aero, suspension based on baseline setup for F3 RT3 ( small/medium camber and lots of toe on 13 inch fat tire ), springs are a lot stiffer in GT6 than used in real ( try twice as stiff :eek: ), roll bar are softer at rear, Hewland MK9 gearbox + ratio + final, Hewland Powerflow LSD with similar setup used in 80's ( preload and lock ).

The car gear ratio fits perfectly at Brands Hatch with final from one of the Hewland catalog offered for Mk9 used on RT3, the spreading is set to make it easier on the tire and consistent run. Most of the high speed turn can be take with lift off the throttle or just one downshift.

On RH, the RT3 rarely will slide or oversteer, unless the driver really trying :lol: Braking seems to be something that may need tweaking, I'm not using ABS, so with 3/4 BB, it may be different handling with ABS 1 :(

I will join :)

The RALT RT3 F3 was tuned using data I gathered from people who still raced this F3 car in Europe ( historic events ) My build is simple, and not aimed at ultimate lap time, but to get close to the 80's F3 performance and it was meant for sports tire.

I used minimum aero, suspension based on baseline setup for F3 RT3 ( small/medium camber and lots of toe on 13 inch fat tire ), springs are a lot stiffer in GT6 than used in real ( try twice as stiff :eek: ), roll bar are softer at rear, Hewland MK9 gearbox + ratio + final, Hewland Powerflow LSD with similar setup used in 80's ( preload and lock ).

The car gear ratio fits perfectly at Brands Hatch with final from one of the Hewland catalog offered for Mk9 used on RT3, the spreading is set to make it easier on the tire and consistent run. Most of the high speed turn can be take with lift off the throttle or just one downshift.

On RH, the RT3 rarely will slide or oversteer, unless the driver really trying :lol: Braking seems to be something that may need tweaking, I'm not using ABS, so with 3/4 BB, it may be different handling with ABS 1 :(
Excellent :) 👍 I'll add you to the list as a tuner :cheers:

Somehow I knew you wouldn't do things by half & find as much real life info as humanly possible. I'll be really interested to see how your example goes. Hopefully it transfers to over well without too much drama.

Back