RIDOX Replica Garage-In Memory of TurnLeft-GT40,300ZX,F430,TVR,AEM S2000,Cizeta,TransAm Doug Nash

• Thread starter Ridox2JZGTE
  • 5,032 comments
@Ridox2JZGTE - I noticed you used the Tuscan Speed 6 '00 for the new 500PP Seasonal Event. How do you like that car? Could you tell me a little bit about how it drives? I've never purchased one and frankly, I never even heard of that car until I started playing GT6. I'm a little curious as to how it performs, though I am not a fan of it's looks. :indiff:

@Ridox2JZGTE - I noticed you used the Tuscan Speed 6 '00 for the new 500PP Seasonal Event. How do you like that car? Could you tell me a little bit about how it drives? I've never purchased one and frankly, I never even heard of that car until I started playing GT6. I'm a little curious as to how it performs, though I am not a fan of it's looks. :indiff:

The Tuscan Speed Six is a replica that I have been testing, it's a quick build :) It's one of several TVR's that have been built. The car has good grip, stiff chassis, and light, which make it a bit rough to ride fast. The replica used on the Streets of Willow TT was hairy to drive, it has some understeer and the lap was done more on cruising pace :)

I used my 15th Anniversary Edition Toyota 86GT '12. I forgot where I got the tune, but I remembered that I liked the setup a lot. In fact, the 86GT/BRZ/FRS is one of my favorite cars in all of GT6. I own several in my garage. I believe I have at least one setup as a Ridox Replica, but using this car just reminded me that there is a tune in your directory that I've been meaning to try. I'll probably build it sometime within the next week. They're just fun little sportscars. :D

If you decide to publish that Tuscan Speed Six I'll have to build one for my Garage. I am completely unfamiliar with TVR. They have some interesting designs. I'll give them that... :lol:

TVR's are certainly different :odd:
Most of my education about them had come from their appearances on Top Gear where I remember Jeremy saying the Speed Six had questionable build quality and that the owners were never quite sure when the car was going to kill them :eek:
In one episode, he offered money to anyone from a nearby factory who could get in & start the car within 1 minute.
In the end, he didn't loose any money as most couldn't even get in the thing.
The door is opened by a button under the driver's door mirror!
I've never seen one here in Australia & I'm sure it takes an eccentric type to own one.
Quirky indeed :odd:

TVR's are certainly different . . . The door is opened by a button under the driver's door mirror!
That reminds me of a funny story. When I was about 19 or years old, my buddy was having a little party as his parents house when they were out of town for the week. He asked me to go pick up some girls that wanted to come over - they lived about a mile away from his house. He threw me the keys to his Saab 9000 and I hopped in his car... and proceeded to lose my mind when I couldn't figure out where the hell to put the key in to start the damn car! :banghead: :lol: I'd be lying if I said I was completely sober at that point, but I think even if I had been, I wouldn't have located the key slot in the freakin' center console! :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :dunce: Honestly, it probably took me 5 minutes to find it... :lol: :banghead: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

HONDA LA-NA2 3.2 NSX-R / Type R 2002
Keiichi Tsuchiya 'DK' Personal NSX-R

Tuned to replicate Keiichi Tsuchiya NSX-R NA2
Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

City of Arts and Sciences - Night_31.jpg

CAR : Honda NSX Type R '02
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

Specs Keiichi Tsuchiya NSX-R Weight With AC + Fully Loaded HDD SatNav/DVD
Stock GT6 Power BASE

Horsepower: 290 HP / 294 PS at 7100 RPM
Torque: 236.9 ft-lb at 5500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1310 kg - stage 1
Ballast : 165 kg
Ballast Position : 34 or OPTIONAL 27 for 42.7 / 57.3 or 50 for 41/59
Weight Distribution : 42 / 58 - to real life spec 42 / 58
Performance Points: 466

Specs Keiichi Tsuchiya NSX-R Weight With AC + Fully Loaded HDD SatNav/DVD
Dyno Power

Horsepower: 315 HP / 320 PS at 6500 RPM
Torque: 263.4 ft-lb at 5500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 97.7%
Weight: 1310 kg - stage 1
Ballast : 165 kg
Ballast Position : 34 or OPTIONAL 27 for 42.7 / 57.3 or 50 for 41/59
Weight Distribution : 42 / 58 - to real life spec 42 / 58
Performance Points: 479

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
Aero Kits : Type A ( OPTIONAL )
Wheels : Standard Size Stock or ADVAN RGII in White
Car Paint : Platinum White Pearl ( Honda NSX Type S '01 Paint )

Tuning Parts Installed :
Isometric Exhaust Manifold - ONLY FOR DYNO POWER 315HP
Intake Tuning - ONLY FOR SPORT DYNO POWER 315HP
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - Kei Office Coilover/Sachs Damper Prototype
Based on DG5 NA2 Coilover Kit with Swift Springs
Lowered 30mm Front / 25mm Rear with High Camber Alignment

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 95 100
Spring Rate: 9.00 14.00
Dampers (Compression): 5 4
Dampers (Extension): 6 3
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 3
Camber Angle: 1.5 3.0
Toe Angle: -0.28 0.39

Alternative Setup with lower toe :
Ride Height: 95 100
Spring Rate: 9.00 14.00
Dampers (Compression): 5 4
Dampers (Extension): 4 3
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 3
Camber Angle: 1.5 3.0
Toe Angle: -0.14 0.20

2nd Alternate Damper for lower toe / Stiffer Bump/Compression Overall :
Dampers (Compression): 6 5
Dampers (Extension): 4 3

HONDA NSX Original Performance Oriented OEM Alignment Range ( Shorter Tire Life ):
Camber
Front Range : -0.33 +- 0.5
Rear Range : -1.5 +- 0.5
Toe
Front Range Toe Out : -0.23 +- 0.07
Rear Range Toe In : +0.40 +- 0.07

LSD HONDA Torque Control Differential with factory preload
Rear
Initial Torque : 30
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 15

City of Arts and Sciences - Night_30.jpg

Brake Balance:
5/7 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/4, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/7 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

This is an attempt to replicate the personal car of the Drift King, Keiichi Tsuchiya.
The car was featured in Best Motoring Vtec Club Edition and raced against stock NSX-R provided by Honda ( driven by Naoki Hattori )

The car is largely stock, with only mild modification made :
Platinum White Pearl paint ( Roof and Mirror painted in same color )
Stock Engine
Fully loaded weight 1310kg ( AC/HDD SatNav/DVD )
Stock Brakes
Kei Office Coilover with Sachs Damper ( Development Model/Prototype )
Lowered from Stock : Front -30mm and Rear -25mm
Wheel/Tires : Prodrive GC06D Forged F 17x7.5J +44 / 215/45/R17, R 17x9.5J +44 / 255/40/R17
Bridgestone Potenza RE55S S tire.

The NSX-R replica has been tuned with the specs above, with weight at 1310kg, I provide 2 power specs, stock GT6 and Dyno Power. Paint can be obtained from Honda NSX Type S '01 ( Platinum White Pearl ), with the wheel uses Advan RGII in white ( the closest design available in GT6 ).

The weight distribution for base is 42/58, while I also provide 2 more, ballast position at 27 for 42.7 / 57.3 or 50 for 41/59 ( the closest it can get to 40/60 while still at 1310kg )

The Kei Office Coilover spring rate is unknown as it was custom tuned by Keiichi Tsuchiya himself, so I decided to use the closest next best thing, the DG-5 Coilover Kit specially made for the NA2 NSX. The Kei Office tuning company was sold in 2005, and Keiichi Tsuchiya formed the new company DG-5.

The DG-5 NA2 NSX Coilover Kit uses 9kg/mm front and 14kg/mm rear ( Swift Springs ), the kit was multi purpose for circuit and drift. The rate has been set, and damper/ARB has been tuned to suit the new ride height and springs. Camber has also been visually replicated with high camber, especially at the rear. The toe values uses the base from NSX-R replica.

LSD also has been set similar to stock NSX-R replica. The NSX-R when driven at the track was fitted with Bridgestone Potenza RE55S ( S tire/semi slick with soft compound ) which may be closer to sports medium.

I tested and tuned the DK NSX-R at Tsukuba and Apricot Hill. I used CS tire as baseline when tuning and it has plenty of grip. At Tsukuba on 290HP, 41/59 distribution and CS tire, it's capable of low 1:04s with ease and at Apricot Hill in 1:36s. The NSX-R should drive well on CS to SM tire.

The Tsukuba lap has been provided via replay.

The video of the race :)

Update : Added alternative setup with lower front extension for better balance rotation with the lower toe ( halved )

UPDATE July 2016 : Added another/second alternate damper setup for lower toe, the front and rear compression has been increased while still stable enough on the limit. Try this new damper and see which one you prefer. Tested at Suzuka East, good for 58s lap and Tsukuba 1:03s on CS tires.

Attachments

• HondaNSXRKeiichi1m4sTsukubaCS.zip
    266.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Here is a replay of my test run at Laguna Seca driving the NISMO 370Z with 56/44 distribution and NISMO GT LSD, time at 1:43s. Tire is CS, the car is very fun to drive, I think I like it better than the M3 :D :lol:

Attachments

• NISMO370Z1m43sLagunaSecaCS.zip
    372.1 KB · Views: 11
The new 500pp seasonal will be a great one for a six cylinder sports coupe showdown at willow. I'm thinking Z4M, Nismo 370z, 370Z Sports Package, 1M, and TR-RS. Is there any others that I'm missing? Not including NSX or other MR cars. I will be taking bets on quickest.;)

Which M3 are you comparing the 370Z NISMO to, @Ridox2JZGTE? I understand how you feel @lilcat89, the BMW M3 is sacred to me. However, I must admit that I really, really enjoy driving the 370Z Sport Package.

I'll have to take out the M3 for some comparisons with the two cars, once I know exactly which model Ridox is referring to.

Which M3 are you comparing the 370Z NISMO to, @Ridox2JZGTE? I understand how you feel @lilcat89, the BMW M3 is sacred to me.

I was half serious and half tongue-in-cheek when I said that.

I'll have to take out the M3 for some comparisons with the two cars, once I know exactly which model Ridox is referring to.

I think he referenced the Nismo 370Z with the Nismo GT LSD and the touring weight distribution.

Last edited:
Oh, I know you were just having fun with his comment, lilcat89. :D Yes, I knew he was referring to his 370Z NISMO, but I wasn't 100% sure which BMW he was referring to. He cleared up my confusion and said it was his E92 M3 replica build. 👍

I'm terribly sorry that our session was interrupted by me having to take a telephone calln @Ridox2JZGTE. As you witnessed, I am still having trouble with the ABS = 0 setting. I think I'm going to have to turn both front and back down 1 tick each, which will put me at 3/4, I believe.

I just wanted to say that I had a lot of fun being on the track with you Ridox. I'm certain we will do it again, soon, and maybe next time instead of you politely letting me lead, I can try to keep up with you instead... Just go easy on me!! :lol: :D 👍 :cheers: Thank you, my friend...

I'm terribly sorry that our session was interrupted by me having to take a telephone calln @Ridox2JZGTE. As you witnessed, I am still having trouble with the ABS = 0 setting. I think I'm going to have to turn both front and back down 1 tick each, which will put me at 3/4, I believe.

I just wanted to say that I had a lot of fun being on the track with you Ridox. I'm certain we will do it again, soon, and maybe next time instead of you politely letting me lead, I can try to keep up with you instead... Just go easy on me!! :lol: :D 👍 :cheers: Thank you, my friend...

I had to leave as well, got things to do :) When I was on the Sti, the 2nd lap, after you got into pit, the Sti drove badly, it eats up front tires too early, and I had understeer city :lol:, crashed a few times and got left behind. The Audi TTRS might suffer quicker front tires wear rate, so care must be taken when the tires are cold ( 1st lap ).

The TVR Tuscan Speed Six is very hairy car, unstable on the twisty, but has good top speed and decent grip( I lowered the power to 350PS and uses heaviest reported running weight at 1200-1280kg )

I often did track day online back in GT5, I usually do bumper to bumper following or being followed, it's one of the best driving besides racing and hot laps.

I commented in the Fan Club thread about how I was able to squeeze 3 laps out of the 370Z S.P. and filled up 97 units of fuel. However, I did leave the car idling on the side of the track for 7 or 8 minutes, so that's got to be at least 1 unit consumed as well, at a minimum. All four of my tires were at 7 when I pitted after my 3rd lap, but the fronts tend to go a little quicker than the rears, so I wouldn't be surprised if the fronts were closer to 6 than they were 7.

When I was having fun with my friend Hollywood in an online room I noticed my rear tires dropped to 9 before my fronts when I switched to the 370Z NISMO. I think that is a testament to it being quite a bit more tail-happy than the 370 Sport Package AND my poor driving with ABS=0. I'm certain I locked the backs up a few times, especially since I usually run my rear brakes 1 tick higher than the front when I'm running ABS=1.

I have a lot to learn about driving without ABS activated in GT6. A lot... As I'm sure you noticed, Ridox, every time I approached Aremberg I locked up my rears and occasionally locked up all four tires. And I was trying to get on my brakes sooner and softer to coax a smooth braking application, but I've either got the brake balance too high for my foot, or I'm applying too much brake pressure even though I think I'm not. Or both! GASP! :lol: :nervous:

@ALB123 If you're locking the tyres too easy you have to lower the brake values. 👍 Go to Route X, accelerate to 100 kph and smash the brakes.You can hear the screech but the tyres shouldn't red out, only eventually, at the end of the braking process. :cheers:

Oh yes...I know that I need to lower them. I just didn't know that I would have to lower them so much. It's nice when I'm driving in Arcade Mode because I can use the controller on my DFGT wheel to make adjustments to my brake balance 'on the fly' while I'm driving. In online mode, however, you can't adjust the brake balance until I quit and head back to the off track pits. I usually drive with a little more strength in my rear brakes when I use ABS=1, but with this 370Z and ABS=0, I finally settled on a value I like, 4/3, which has more strength in the front brake. Actually, I might try 4/4 on last time... I will take your advice and go to Route X and try that method. Thanks!!

@Ridox2JZGTE Dude, whatever you were in when you put your best lap on the willow springs seasonal is super quick down the back straight. Judging lap times by your line is pretty fun. No matter how far I am ahead getting onto the straight, you catch me going through the kink. Also, you wouldn't happen to have the oem suspension specs for the 1M Coupe. It seems that the Ohlins suspension is way too stiff for willow.

@Ridox2JZGTE Dude, whatever you were in when you put your best lap on the willow springs seasonal is super quick down the back straight. Judging lap times by your line is pretty fun. No matter how far I am ahead getting onto the straight, you catch me going through the kink. Also, you wouldn't happen to have the oem suspension specs for the 1M Coupe. It seems that the Ohlins suspension is way too stiff for willow.

The streets of willow 500PP superlap right ? I was in TVR Tuscan Speed Six replica :) It had 345HP ( BM test power ), 1120kg ( lightest test weight by AutoCar ), stock 5 speed. It was a messy lap, the car goes under and over as I just want gold :lol:

For the BMW 1M Coupe, I only have 2011 data :

TECHNICAL INFORMATION

FRONT:
OE rate: 26 N/mm (148.4574 lbs/in) 2.6519 kg/mm

Front Alignment:
OE Camber =
0.47 deg (+/-0.42 deg)
OE Total Toe = 0.27 deg (+/-0.07 deg)

REAR:
OE rate: 88 N/mm (502.4712 lbs/in) 8.9759 kg/mm

Rear Alignment:
OE Camber =
-1.83 +/-0.08 deg.
OE Total Toe = 0.30 deg. +/-0.07 deg

GT6 uses per side toe value, divide total toe by 2 when adapting to GT6.

The streets of willow 500PP superlap right ? I was in TVR Tuscan Speed Six replica :) It had 345HP ( BM test power ), 1120kg ( lightest test weight by AutoCar ), stock 5 speed. It was a messy lap, the car goes under and over as I just want gold :lol:

For the BMW 1M Coupe, I only have 2011 data :

TECHNICAL INFORMATION

FRONT:
OE rate:
26 N/mm (148.4574 lbs/in) 2.6519 kg/mm

Front Alignment:
OE Camber =
0.47 deg (+/-0.42 deg)
OE Total Toe = 0.27 deg (+/-0.07 deg)

REAR:
OE rate:
88 N/mm (502.4712 lbs/in) 8.9759 kg/mm

Rear Alignment:
OE Camber =
-1.83 +/-0.08 deg.
OE Total Toe = 0.30 deg. +/-0.07 deg

GT6 uses per side toe value, divide total toe by 2 when adapting to GT6.

Fantastic! That TVR is super quick in a straight line. It looked really messy and how all over the place it was. Let's see if those specs help. I think that if I can get some more traction out of corners, I can get it faster than the Z4 M.

Ridox,after you are finished with the Tuscan speed 6,will you do one for the Cerbera speed 12,the rumoured 1000ps beast?I would like to try it out;)

So now what on my wish list are the DK Hachiroku andany supercars(esp. Huayra and Cerbera)I know it is greedy,but still,please make them come true!!!!!!!I need them so BAD:$

I so wish that there were ways we could customize the arrangement of the cars in our garage. I wish I could make folders - title those folders. I wish we could name our cars, in addition to it being listed by its proper manufacturer supplied name. For the Streets of Willow seasonal event I drove one of my favorite cars in GT6, the Toyota 86GT. After a one lap gold I exited - I don't care about trying to improve my time in those events. Then I read this thread and thought to myself "Ugh...There are some replica builds that I've been meaning to try on a 500PP event!" Oh well...At least I used the Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo for the 600PP event (mine is at 597PP).

Ridox,after you are finished with the Tuscan speed 6,will you do one for the Cerbera speed 12,the rumoured 1000ps beast?I would like to try it out;)

So now what on my wish list are the DK Hachiroku andany supercars(esp. Huayra and Cerbera)I know it is greedy,but still,please make them come true!!!!!!!I need them so BAD:$

I do have Cerbera 12, it's almost impossible to find accurate data on the car, many sources having different figures even on actual power and weight :scared: best I could do a custom tune to try tame it and maybe adapt some stuff from Tuscan and Griffith.

For DK Hachiroku, there are several stages/version of his car built by TRD, finding complete specs is difficult. I did built one back in GT5, not sure if the data were accurate, will have to restart the work.

For Huayra, that car is like a unicorn :lol: I will have to look up for more information.

I so wish that there were ways we could customize the arrangement of the cars in our garage. I wish I could make folders - title those folders. I wish we could name our cars, in addition to it being listed by its proper manufacturer supplied name. For the Streets of Willow seasonal event I drove one of my favorite cars in GT6, the Toyota 86GT. After a one lap gold I exited - I don't care about trying to improve my time in those events. Then I read this thread and thought to myself "Ugh...There are some replica builds that I've been meaning to try on a 500PP event!" Oh well...At least I used the Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo for the 600PP event (mine is at 597PP).

Try the NSX for the 500PP Willow )

Looks like I need to run what I am now calling "The Ridox Replica Lap" again for the base 370Z and the TT-RS. It seems that I might have run the initial lap time with stock TC set to 5. Also, @Ridox2JZGTE, the 1M front spring rate is not possible to reach in GT6, so just set to lowest value. It took basically the perfect lap, but the 1M is quicker than the Z4M around Willow.

I've been driving the TTS getting ready for saturday and I have to tell you I love this car 👍, I've changed the BB a bit to match my style of driving and it's a great car on the Nurb.. Hopefully I'll be able to try the Nismo next week, I just hope I made the right pick :confused:, went for looks, not the most scientific way of doing things :rolleyes: but who knows maybe everyone will go play in the sand box and I'll be able to coast to victory :lol:.

Back