RIDOX Replica Garage-In Memory of TurnLeft-GT40,300ZX,F430,TVR,AEM S2000,Cizeta,TransAm Doug Nash

• Thread starter Ridox2JZGTE
  • 5,032 comments
Yup. The fight was $100, I think, here in the United States via Pay-Per-View. I wouldn't have paid $5 for this fight. I knew that the fight would be just like it was. I said to my friend, before the fight, "Mayweather will make Manny chase him around the ring for 12 rounds. He'll throw those non-destructive jabs a lot, thanks to a 4 inch reach advantage, but he will not attack Manny at all." That's pretty much exactly what ended up happening. Manny tried to bring the fight to Mayweather and he landed way more combinations when he had Mayweather in the corner.

I'm watching the post-match press conference, live, on ESPN right now. It's been revealed that Manny had a shoulder injury a few weeks back and the boxing commission wouldn't even let him take anti-inflammatory medication to help the shoulder heal. That's just ridiculous.

Oh yes...The TVR Tuscan Speed 6, I think, that you were talking about recently. I already purchased one in anticipation of your tuning sheet! :D I can't wait to get it up on the lift and have my guys working on the adjustments. JDM? Is that like the GT300 classification of cars? I'm not familiar with exactly what is a JDM class car. Anyone care to enlighten me? :) :dunce:
JDM is an abbreviation for Japanese Domestic Model unless I'm mistaken :scared:

JDM is an abbreviation for Japanese Domestic Model unless I'm mistaken :scared:
Hmmm...But it's a race class, right? Or is Ridox saying that he has some JDM cars to release, which just means that he has some street cars that just happen to be Japanese models?

Yup. The fight was $100, I think, here in the United States via Pay-Per-View. I wouldn't have paid $5 for this fight. I knew that the fight would be just like it was. I said to my friend, before the fight, "Mayweather will make Manny chase him around the ring for 12 rounds. He'll throw those non-destructive jabs a lot, thanks to a 4 inch reach advantage, but he will not attack Manny at all." That's pretty much exactly what ended up happening. Manny tried to bring the fight to Mayweather and he landed way more combinations when he had Mayweather in the corner.

I'm watching the post-match press conference, live, on ESPN right now. It's been revealed that Manny had a shoulder injury a few weeks back and the boxing commission wouldn't even let him take anti-inflammatory medication to help the shoulder heal. That's just ridiculous.

Oh yes...The TVR Tuscan Speed 6, I think, that you were talking about recently. I already purchased one in anticipation of your tuning sheet! :D I can't wait to get it up on the lift and have my guys working on the adjustments. JDM? Is that like the GT300 classification of cars? I'm not familiar with exactly what is a JDM class car. Anyone care to enlighten me? :) :dunce:

Japan Domestic Market car :) I have been meaning to post R34 GTR Vspec and Evo X ( RALLIART and FQ series ) The JDM RALLIART is different than other region and FQ for EU market, FQ400 and FQ440.

Okay...So JDM doesn't necessarily mean anything is special about the particular cars.. They just mean that it's a Japanese specific model of the car, right? Like the Skylines that weren't allowed into the U.S. back in the 1990's would be referred to as JDM, right?

I don't know why, but I was thinking that JDM was a race classification. :lol: :D

Okay...So JDM doesn't necessarily mean anything is special about the particular cars.. They just mean that it's a Japanese specific model of the car, right? Like the Skylines that weren't allowed into the U.S. back in the 1990's would be referred to as JDM, right?

I don't know why, but I was thinking that JDM was a race classification. :lol: :D

Yep, those japanese market only cars that were not available outside of japan unless imported ( gray market )

I'm thinking seriously of these two for the next week's Bathurst. ;)

The R34 is very quick at 1:04s ( Tsukuba ) - same as real life record there driven by Keiichi Tsuchiya. The Evo X will need more power to compete, the RALLIART only have less than 330HP and 5 speed MT, so the FQ400 might work, but it may also overpower the R34 :( The 5 speed from the Evo X is not good, but the SST 6 speed on FQ400 will work well on high speed track.

400PP? Not much time difference with 450PP :eek:
After regulation change CRX is 410pp.
Few secs difference to 450.. :)

..kinda peak tune, 0.01 difference on rear springs is keeping rear planted or giving great ability to lift of steering, keeping driving balance have to change brake bias too, looser 5/6 - stiffer 5/7..

Last edited:
I just got home from watching the "Fight of the Century" at my buddy's house. More like the snoozefest of the century. I freakin' can't stand Mayweather for a variety of reasons and the fact that he is going to make almost $200,000,000 for running away from Pacquiao, or bear-hugging Pacquiao whenever he started wailing on him makes me sick. I understand that Mayweather landed more punches, but I really would like to know how they define a "power punch" because the scorecards all had Mayweather landing considerably more Power Punches than Pacquiao and I completely disagree. At least Manny TRIED to actually bring a fight to Mayweather. He would rush him and back Mayweather into the corner and start slugging away. Unfortunately, in these weight classes the punches aren't as devastating as a heavyweight's punches would be, so Mayweather didn't go down.

I would bet my life that Manny "stunned" or "hurt" Mayweather a lot more times in this fight than the other way around. Mayweather is a master at doing what HE wants to do. He wants the fight to go the distance and he wants to play defense the entire match. When you have a 4 inch reach advantage, and you have absolutely no intention to go on the attack, it helps a lot. Mayweather has fantastic feet. A boxer with lesser footwork might have fallen from some of Pacquiao's harder punches, but Mayweather was able to dance out of the corner when he was getting pounded, or he would just tie up Pacquiao.

When you are fighting the 47-0 champion, you have to either A) knock him out, B) knock him down to the canvas and don't let him know you down, or C) you have to so overwhelmingly out punch the champion or you'll never get the victory. I would NEVER call Mayweather a "fighter". How could you? He doesn't step in that ring looking for a fight. He has a game plan and he follows that game plan extremely well. You've got to give him that. Personally, I find it extremely boring and I really think it's an enormous waste of money to pay money to watch him fight. I tried to tell my friend not to waste the money on the PPV, but his kids wanted to see it.

@Ridox2JZGTE, thanks for the acknowledgement of my victory in Race #2. To be honest, the reason I had such an easy victory is because I was able to take the lead, going from 3rd place to 1st when the two cars in front of me went into the grass just before Aremberg and then the remaining cars all got into BIG trouble at Aremberg as well. I saved the replay and watched the first lap from the perspective of @danbojte's car. Everyone knows he is a more skilled driver than I am, but he experienced some very bad luck on that first lap of Race #2.

Don't get me wrong, I'll take the victory!! :D :P But, I know damn well that if Lap 1 was removed from the equation, the outcome probably would have been much, much different. Because danbojte won the first race, he started from the rear of the pack for Race #2. If he had even a slightly better starting position, he would have avoided the kerfuffle at Aremberg and probably done what he usually does -- drive extremely fast and extremely well.

It's a real shame that you can't join us for the events danjobte has put together for the Ridox Replica Garage Fan Club, Ridox. I think everyone is having a really good time with these events - I know that I am! 👍 Every single participant is super cool and we all love the cars that you've built for us. I really wish I had a capture device so I could record and edit these races...

Oh, btw, Ridox... Any chance you would mind sharing what cars we should expect in the coming weeks? :D

Sounds like I picked the better sporting event to watch last night! By the way, the wec spa 6 hours was a great race too. Only got the Tudor race at Laguna and DTM races to watch and my weekend will be complete!

I've got the Lamborghini Super Trofeo at Laguna Seca on right now...streaming from IMSA.com...
I listened to the last couple of laps of that before the SuperGT started. It sounded pretty good, judging by the raised voices.

Tr1IYCmHx264SlGfK5_0.jpg

Winner at beginners on SH :D

FORD Focus ST 2013 Replica

Tuned to replicate Focus ST 2013

Comfort Medium

CAR : Ford Focus ST '13
Tire : Comfort Medium

Specs
Horsepower: 252 HP at 5300 RPM
Torque : 267.8 ft-lb at 2500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 92.5%
Weight: 1462 kg
Ballast : 191 kg
Ballast Position : -50
Weight Distribution : 60 / 40 as the real car spec when tested.
Performance Points: 431

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
Wheels : Stock
Car Paint : White or Orange or Blue

Tuning Parts Installed :
Intake Tuning
Fully Customizable Suspension
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Weight Reduction Stage 2

Suspension - Ford Factory ST Tuned Springs Ratio + Damper with
ST Tuned Street/Track Alignment Range

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 120 120
Spring Rate: 4.77 5.11
Dampers (Compression): 5 4
Dampers (Extension): 6 8
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 3
Camber Angle: 1.3 2.0 ( Front camber : -1.30 +- 0.30, Rear Camber : -2.00+-0.00 )
Toe Angle: 0.10 0.16 ( Front Toe In : 0.10 +- 0.15, Rear Toe In : 0.16 +- 0.56 )

OPTIONAL Factory Street Alignment :
Front
Camber ( Driver Side ) : -0.83 +- 0.75
Camber ( Passenger Side ) : -0.93 +- 0.75
Total Toe In : 0.20 +- 0.20

Rear
Camber : -1.35 +- 0.75
Total Toe In : 0.38 +- 0.20

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Corrected Stock GETRAG MMT6 Dual Output Shaft Ratio with 4.063 Final
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Auto Max Speed at 280kmh / 174mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.231
2nd 1.952
3rd 1.321
4th 1.029
5th 0.821 - Actual Ratio : 1.129 with 2nd final drive 2.955
6th 0.685 - Actual Ratio : 0.943 with 2nd final drive 2.955
Set Final :4.063

LSD - Traction Control Based Front Brake and Torque Vectoring Electronic LSD

Initial Torque : 15
Acceleration Sensitivity: 23
Braking Sensitivity: 5

OPTIONAL 2014 LSD ( Low Lock ) :
Initial Torque : 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 15

Brake Balance:
7/10 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 5/8, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/10 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Ford Focus ST 2013 is one of the car in GT6 that is a stat disaster :lol:, wrong weight distribution, torque figure, spring rate too high and broken gearing.

For this replica, I made a corrected version, not really perfect, but as close as possible replicating the real car.

The Ford Focus ST 2013 has 270lb-ft torque, while in GT6 stock value is too low, I have installed intake tuning to get closer at 267.8ft-lb. Power limiter used to get 252HP stock value. Now, onto the weight distribution, the real car has 60/40 distribution, GT6 once again wrong, so I installed weight reduction stage 2 and put some ballast at -50 to get the proper distribution. Curb weight officially at 3223lbs / 1462kg.

For suspension, the stock spring rate is too high in GT6, and the real life stock value can't be reached ( not low enough on GT6 ). I chose to use the spring ratio instead and set the lowest possible spring rate on GT6.
The real car has 30N/mm or 171lb/in spring rate at the front and 32N/mm or 183lb/in spring rate at the rear, based on Ford Official documentation, but when tested by well respected suspension company, the actual rates are =

Front : 29N/mm or 166lb/in
Rear : 31N/mm or 177lb/in

Slightly lower than official stats.

For GT6, I used 4.77kg/mm or 267lb/in spring rate at the front and 5.11kg/mm or 286lb/in spring rate at the rear. This retains stock spring rate ratio, and I have tuned the damper and ARB to maintain balance similar to real life review, nimble with surgical precision while still can bite back on the limit.

I have also used Ford factory alignment ( camber and toe ), the alignment value used is recommended value by ST experts, while for daily driving factory alignment range are as below ( OPTIONAL ) :

Front
Camber ( Driver Side ) : -0.83 +- 0.75
Camber ( Passenger Side ) : -0.93 +- 0.75
Total Toe In : 0.20 +- 0.20

Rear
Camber : -1.35 +- 0.75
Total Toe In : 0.38 +- 0.20

The overall range of values are similar, but the one used on this replica offers better performance at the track.

Gearbox is another one that needs fixing, the real car uses Getrag MMT6 with dual output shaft which result in 2 different final drive, 4.063 final drive for the 1st to 4th gear, while 5th and 6th uses 2.955.
GT6 incorrectly set the 5th and 6th, which result on overly long gearing and useless. I have set the 5th and 6th with calculated effective ratio when 4.063 is used instead, this will replicate real life vehicle speed at max engine speed on all gears from 1st to 6th.

For LSD, I have setup in conjunction with brake balance to achieve similar effect to real life electronic based LSD and torque vectoring as well as cornering understeer control. I have use low preload and medium lock rate to give some locking action which reduce inside wheel spin and give some stability on mid corner, while the rear bias brake balance will help to give illusion of brake based system at the rear axle.

The real Focus ST uses several electronic system in synergy to maintain handling balance under heavy cornering, there's no mechanical parts that acts like limited slip differential. First is the brake based LSD, which relies on traction control system to maintain traction by applying brake pressure on each front wheel to reduce understeer. The Enhanced Torque Vectoring Control and Cornering Understeer Control work hand in hand on both front and rear axle to maintain balance, encourage oversteer, apply inside and outside brake pressure according situation. With trail braking, the Focus ST can be easily shifted to oversteer on entry, up to certain degree. When the car is really pushed hard at track pace, the brake based system is proven not really reliable, often resulting in overheated brake after several hot laps. When this happens, heavy understeer will slowly creep in which will show the Focus ST true colors.

Here is a quote from Randy Pobst on his experience at hot lapping the Focus ST at Laguna Seca MotorTrend Best Driver's Car 2013 :

Several tests review also shown that after several laps, the Focus ST tend to lose it's charm and starts to understeer as the braking performance reduced due to heat build up in the system.

I mainly tested the car at Tsukuba, Big Willow and Laguna Seca. At Laguna Seca, it can easily lap in 1:48s on comfort medium. The Best Driver's Car lap record is 1:49.30, driven by Pro Driver Randy Pobst ( MotorTrend )

Below I also provided a picture with detailed gearing and speed stat for the Getrag MMT6 on the Focus ST 2013, and a replay of the run at Laguna Seca for comparison to Randy Pobst lap :P

Watch it, to find out the similarity and difference in cornering as well as speed at braking points. Drive the Focus ST replica at Big Willow and Laguna Seca and hopefully you'll find pleasure like I do.

View attachment 228860

UPDATE : Added optional LSD with low lock to better reflect non mechanical LSD of the real car.

Just tried this car because it's the COTW in the Beater or Sleeper thread. The stock car is so screwed up in the game. This version is way better. It gets in the corner really well, with a bit of liftoff oversteer, really understeers on exit just like the real car. I ran a Laguna lap of 1:45.933 with the corrected ST. Another true to life one.

Tr1IYCmHx264SlGfK5_0.jpg

a couple of days ago I selected this car for the 400PP Seasonal Event and I was doing terrible!! I was primed for a 2nd place finish, but then I started to spin in the final turn, counter-steered to correct it, but my car got thrown into the pendulum back and forth motion for a few seconds and I got passed - finished 3rd place. :grumpy:

When I had started the 3rd lap I was already so disappointed in how far back I still was...it was then that I noticed I was driving on Comfort Medium tires!! :lol: :dunce: :P :eek: :boggled: :D No wonder I was having to drive so conservatively compared to the faster AI drivers... :banghead:

Tr1IYCmHx264SlGfK5_0.jpg

SH and 100PS :) Maybe with CS on higher power can win too ?

Yeah but oh boy if i did win... it would be awesome, Still the sound of that 600cc engine, woooooozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz *gear* wooooooooooooozzzzzzzzzz lol

Needs more rumble/bass :lol:

a couple of days ago I selected this car for the 400PP Seasonal Event and I was doing terrible!! I was primed for a 2nd place finish, but then I started to spin in the final turn, counter-steered to correct it, but my car got thrown into the pendulum back and forth motion for a few seconds and I got passed - finished 3rd place. :grumpy:

When I had started the 3rd lap I was already so disappointed in how far back I still was...it was then that I noticed I was driving on Comfort Medium tires!! :lol: :dunce: :P :eek: :boggled: :D No wonder I was having to drive so conservatively compared to the faster AI drivers... :banghead:

The car is good for drifting / counter steer practice, keep at it mate :cheers:

Just tried this car because it's the COTW in the Beater or Sleeper thread. The stock car is so screwed up in the game. This version is way better. It gets in the corner really well, with a bit of liftoff oversteer, really understeers on exit just like the real car. I ran a Laguna lap of 1:45.933 with the corrected ST. Another true to life one.

Thank you for taking time to drive it :) You can reduce the understeer by using rear toe out ( -0.16 to -0.32 ) and improve corner exit traction with higher value LSD included.

I'm typing the TVR Speed 12 now, will be a riot :D

TVR CERBERA Speed 12 W112 BHG
Ridox Version

Special Build TVR Speed 12
Comfort Soft to Sports Soft

City of Arts and Sciences - Night_34.jpg

CAR : TVR Cerbera Speed 12 '00
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Soft

Specs Heaviest Running Weight Stock GT6 Power
Horsepower: 797 HP at 7500 RPM
Torque: 648.0 ft-lb at 5500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1145 kg
Ballast : 197 kg
Ballast Position : 44
Weight Distribution : 51 / 49 - based on TVR claim at around 50/50, 50.1/49.9 used.
Performance Points: 622

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED ) -OPTIONAL - Recommended, the real car has roll cage from factory.
Wheels : Standard Size Stock or PDI P525 or RAYS GT-C in Black
Custom Rear Wing ( OPTIONAL)
Wing Mount Standard Type C
Wing Large Type A
Winglets Large Type C
Height +2
Width -10
Car Paint : Rosso Pearl or Rose Red ( real car paint - use red pearl or metallic based paint in GT6 ) or GT6 Polarized 007 or Chameleon Orange

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Weight Reduction Stage 3

249510.jpg

Suspension - TVR Race Car based Eibach Springs 800/400 / Bilstein Damper

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 85 85 or OPTIONAL Lower Height at 80 80 or 71 71
Spring Rate: 14.29 7.14
Dampers (Compression): 4 6
Dampers (Extension): 3 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 1
Camber Angle: 0.8 1.0
Toe Angle: 0.08 0.25

Stock 6 speed for Base or
DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - OPTIONAL Holinger RD6 6 Speed

Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Auto Max Speed at 470kmh / 292mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.157
2nd 2.182 / 2.131
3rd 1.653 / 1.550
4th 1.240 / 1.190
5th 0.963
6th 0.779 / 0.704
Set Final : 3.310 - uses stock GT6 final, 2nd,3rd,4th and 6th has alternative ratios.

1998-tvr-cerbera-speed-12-4_600x0w.jpg

LSD TVR Harrop ( Eaton ) Low Preload Base
Initial Torque : 12
Acceleration Sensitiviy: 28

LSD TVR Harrop ( Eaton ) Medium Preload
OPTIONAL for Higher Grip Tires ( Sports Tire )

Initial Torque : 16
Acceleration Sensitiviy: 28

Aero - Base
FRONT = 350 ( MAX )
REAR = 350

Aero - Optional
FRONT = 350 ( MAX )
REAR = 370 - 380 ( Depend on the Track - High Speed ) Tested at Bathurst with 370.

550948686_m.jpg

Brake Balance:
6/5 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 5/4, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 6/5 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

This is a quick build to tame the TVR Speed 12, using some real life data as reference. The weight uses heaviest weight mentioned in online car catalog at 1145kg with TVR claimed at close to 50/50 weight distribution.

Power uses stock GT6 power ( TVR claimed power ) at 797HP or around 808PS, TVR claimed 811PS. The torque is very close on stock power at 648, while the real claimed torque at 650. This will be okay for now.

The suspension uses real life TVR race cars ( Griffith and Tuscan ) spring rate range at 800-1200 lb/in front spring and 400-1000 lb/in rear spring. For this Speed 12, I used 800/400 spring combo, which provide good traction with the intended aero level. Damper is set to maintain good traction with good response, while the ARB at the rear as low as possible similar to some TVR race car setup which some even have no rear roll bar and stiffer front ARB to keep things stable but still have good turn in. Camber and toe uses TVR Griffith OEM alignment range which should work well for Speed 12.

Gear ratio uses stock 6 speed for base, but I also include Holinger 6 speed ratio based on RD6 gear ratio catalog. The individual gear ratio has been set to make use of the engine power and still able to have room for TVR claimed 240mph. An alternate ratio for some of the gears are also provided to give some alternative for different track condition.

LSD of the real TVR Speed 12 uses Harrop built LSD, presumably based on Eaton LSD. For this quick build I set the LSD with low preload and medium lock to give the Speed 12 good balance from comfort soft to sports soft tire. I also added optional LSD with higher preload that my be suitable for sports tire, try it and use it if it works for you.

Aero is unique in this car, as the real car actually uses aero and body/chassis parts from the GT class Speed 12 race car. It has good amount of downforce, so I set the Speed 12 with max front aero to give the car excellent turn in and steering response, with the rear at 350 ( same as front ) to keep good balance, but more importantly not overload the rear axle on higher speed with too much downforce. The optional aero has higher rear at 370-380, this is optimum range that still allowed the rear maintain good traction while not causing too much push on higher speed. Higher rear aero will cause tendency on lower gear acceleration to cause wheelspin as the downforce is too high for the rear spring. It's having the good balance of spring and aero that makes the TVR Speed 12 maintain it's composure in all speed.

The TVR Speed 12 needs very good throttle control on comfort tires, always modulate the throttle between 60%-80% on lower gears ( 1st to 3rd ), particularly from mid corner to exit.

Brakes may need some more distance, as the car has very rapid acceleration, care must be taken when judging brake distance.

I tested and tuned mainly at Tsukuba, but I also brought the Speed 12 to other tracks as well to gauge how the build can cope with varied track condition on comfort tires. All test are done with stock 6 speed transmisison.
The Tsukuba test lap yield 1:01s lap time on CS tire and 80mm ride height + 350/350 aero. It's a very good time, which is similar to modern supercar times for a car with no modern tech to aid the driver.

Other track the Speed 12 has set with CS tire :
Apricot Hill 1:30s 80RH 350/350
Special Stage Route 5 1:33s 85RH 350/350
Midfield Raceway 1:16s 85RH 350/350
Bathurst / Mt Panorama : 2:17s 85RH 350/370

At Midfield Raceway, it did 1:16s with ease and lots of room to improve, while at Bathurst, the Speed 12 uses higher rear aero at 370 to help keep it more planted on the bumpy roads. The ride height for most of the test was done on 85mm ( stock ride height ), but the car also drives well on 80mm ( Tsukuba and Apricot Hill Test ), even lower height at 71mm also has been tested.

I provide all the replay of all the test laps above, enjoy the view and use them as ghost to improve your driving prowess with the Speed 12 Monster :P

The real car in action at Silverstone

Attachments

• TVRSpeed12SSR51m33sCS.zip
    343.6 KB · Views: 10
  • TVRSpeed12Tsukuba1m1sCS.zip
    259.8 KB · Views: 10
  • TVRSpeed12Midfield1m16sCS.zip
    299.9 KB · Views: 10
  • TVRSpeed12Bathurst2m17sCS.zip
    463.6 KB · Views: 10
  • TVRSpeed12ApricotHill1m30sCS.zip
    336.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I remember the Speed 12 back in GT4, man that car was bunkers, impossible to go on full throttle, brakes didn't stopped the car it slow down it, and turning was like... what turns lol

It was so fast on acceleration, i remember hitting the wall on tokyo R246 on pretty much every turn.

HONDA LA-NA2 3.2 NSX-R / Type R 2002
Keiichi Tsuchiya 'DK' Personal NSX-R

Tuned to replicate Keiichi Tsuchiya NSX-R NA2
Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

CAR : Honda NSX Type R '02
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

Specs Keiichi Tsuchiya NSX-R Weight With AC + Fully Loaded HDD SatNav/DVD
Stock GT6 Power BASE

Horsepower: 290 HP / 294 PS at 7100 RPM
Torque: 236.9 ft-lb at 5500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1310 kg - stage 1
Ballast : 165 kg
Ballast Position : 34 or OPTIONAL 27 for 42.7 / 57.3 or 50 for 41/59
Weight Distribution : 42 / 58 - to real life spec 42 / 58
Performance Points: 466

Specs Keiichi Tsuchiya NSX-R Weight With AC + Fully Loaded HDD SatNav/DVD
Dyno Power

Horsepower: 315 HP / 320 PS at 6500 RPM
Torque: 263.4 ft-lb at 5500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 97.7%
Weight: 1310 kg - stage 1
Ballast : 165 kg
Ballast Position : 34 or OPTIONAL 27 for 42.7 / 57.3 or 50 for 41/59
Weight Distribution : 42 / 58 - to real life spec 42 / 58
Performance Points: 479

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
Aero Kits : Type A ( OPTIONAL )
Wheels : Standard Size Stock or ADVAN RGII in White
Car Paint : Platinum White Pearl ( Honda NSX Type S '01 Paint )

Tuning Parts Installed :
Isometric Exhaust Manifold - ONLY FOR DYNO POWER 315HP
Intake Tuning - ONLY FOR SPORT DYNO POWER 315HP
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - Kei Office Coilover/Sachs Damper Prototype
Based on DG5 NA2 Coilover Kit with Swift Springs
Lowered 30mm Front / 25mm Rear with High Camber Alignment

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 95 100
Spring Rate: 9.00 14.00
Dampers (Compression): 5 4
Dampers (Extension): 6 3
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 3
Camber Angle: 1.5 3.0
Toe Angle: -0.28 0.39

HONDA NSX Original Performance Oriented OEM Alignment Range ( Shorter Tire Life ):
Camber
Front Range : -0.33 +- 0.5
Rear Range : -1.5 +- 0.5
Toe
Front Range Toe Out : -0.23 +- 0.07
Rear Range Toe In : +0.40 +- 0.07

LSD HONDA Torque Control Differential with factory preload
Rear
Initial Torque : 30
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 15

Brake Balance:
5/7 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/4, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/7 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

This is an attempt to replicate the personal car of the Drift King, Keiichi Tsuchiya.
The car was featured in Best Motoring Vtec Club Edition and raced against stock NSX-R provided by Honda ( driven by Naoki Hattori )

The car is largely stock, with only mild modification made :
Platinum White Pearl paint ( Roof and Mirror painted in same color )
Stock Engine
Fully loaded weight 1310kg ( AC/HDD SatNav/DVD )
Stock Brakes
Kei Office Coilover with Sachs Damper ( Development Model/Prototype )
Lowered from Stock : Front -30mm and Rear -25mm
Wheel/Tires : Prodrive GC06D Forged F 17x7.5J +44 / 215/45/R17, R 17x9.5J +44 / 255/40/R17
Bridgestone Potenza RE55S S tire.

The NSX-R replica has been tuned with the specs above, with weight at 1310kg, I provide 2 power specs, stock GT6 and Dyno Power. Paint can be obtained from Honda NSX Type S '01 ( Platinum White Pearl ), with the wheel uses Advan RGII in white ( the closest design available in GT6 ).

The weight distribution for base is 42/58, while I also provide 2 more, ballast position at 27 for 42.7 / 57.3 or 50 for 41/59 ( the closest it can get to 40/60 while still at 1310kg )

The Kei Office Coilover spring rate is unknown as it was custom tuned by Keiichi Tsuchiya himself, so I decided to use the closest next best thing, the DG-5 Coilover Kit specially made for the NA2 NSX. The Kei Office tuning company was sold in 2005, and Keiichi Tsuchiya formed the new company DG-5.

The DG-5 NA2 NSX Coilover Kit uses 9kg/mm front and 14kg/mm rear ( Swift Springs ), the kit was multi purpose for circuit and drift. The rate has been set, and damper/ARB has been tuned to suit the new ride height and springs. Camber has also been visually replicated with high camber, especially at the rear. The toe values uses the base from NSX-R replica.

LSD also has been set similar to stock NSX-R replica. The NSX-R when driven at the track was fitted with Bridgestone Potenza RE55S ( S tire/semi slick with soft compound ) which may be closer to sports medium.

I tested and tuned the DK NSX-R at Tsukuba and Apricot Hill. I used CS tire as baseline when tuning and it has plenty of grip. At Tsukuba on 290HP, 41/59 distribution and CS tire, it's capable of low 1:04s with ease and at Apricot Hill in 1:36s. The NSX-R should drive well on CS to SM tire.

The Tsukuba lap has been provided via replay.

The video of the race :)

Tour of Japan|Motegi Winner|CS|BB 4/6|No Aids & ABS
QemhktOrgT64d8BjC7_0.jpg

Beautiful

:cheers:

QemhktOrgT64d8BjC7_0.jpg

Beautiful

Now this is quite the coincidence :)

I spent quite a bit of time with Tsuchiya-san's personal NSX over the weekend. I took a trip to Sierra to see how this machine did on the road. On CS tyres it was a lot of fun and quite hard work. I was almost surprised by the grip the car had, I say almost because every time I got a bit to confident and started to push the car would slip into drift mode.The extra grip on the front really helps this version stay comparatively easy to control when the rear was lost. I suppose that should not be surprising as the car was set-up by the "Drift King" himself :)

After my session at Sierra I too decided to take it on the Tour of Japan to see the real potential on the track. With SH tyre equipped the grip was superb. Closing in on your pray in the braking zones and stalking them through the turns seems to be this cars thing. The response on corner exit is dynamite as was the traction, I was finding it out pulling most of the GT-Rs out the corners. The poise the car has in the corners just allows you to get on any line you like to set-up your move on the others. Apart from a three-way battle with a fellow Type R driver and some dude in an EVO VII RS, Mid-pack the race it's self was pretty uneventful. Until I got passed A. Gaertner in ZZII, who decided he didn't like it too much and took nibbles whenever he got close enough, Which in that little thing was on entry to most of the corners.

Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_2.jpg

The Type-R defends it's home turf, Twin Ring Motegi Road course. Race winning overtake.

Overall I really enjoyed this car. The suspension kit used in this replica was outstanding. The higher rear rate really helped to keep the rear in check and allowed some great cornering speed and excellent traction. This combined with the lower than stock front spring-rate and new wheel alignment really helped to give more grip to the front and allowed for great control of the car.

This is an absolute gem of a car that will get many, many miles of use. And I'll love every one of them :) Excellent work Tsuchiya-san :D and Thank you @Ridox2JZGTE for bringing this car to us in GT6. Awesome job! :bowdown:

Last edited:
QemhktOrgT64d8BjC7_0.jpg

Beautiful

Now this is quite the coincidence :)

I spent quite a bit of time with Tsuchiya-san's personal NSX over the weekend. I took a trip to Sierra to see how this machine did on the road. On CS tyres it was a lot of fun and quite hard work. I was almost surprised by the grip the car had, I say almost because every time I got a bit to confident and started to push the car would slip into drift mode.The extra grip on the front really helps this version stay comparatively easy to control when the rear was lost. I suppose that should not be surprising as the car was set-up by the "Drift King" himself :)

After my session at Sierra I too decided to take it on the Tour of Japan to see the real potential on the track. With SH tyre equipped the grip was superb. Closing in on your pray in the braking zones and stalking them through the turns seems to be this cars thing. The response on corner exit is dynamite as was the traction, I was finding it out pulling most of the GT-Rs out the corners. The poise the car has in the corners just allows you to get on any line you like to set-up your move on the others. Apart from a three-way battle with a fellow Type R driver and some dude in an EVO VII RS, Mid-pack the race it's self was pretty uneventful. Until I got passed A. Gaertner in ZZII, who decided he didn't like it too much and took nibbles whenever he got close enough, Which in that little thing was on entry to most of the corners.

View attachment 360161
The Type-R defends it's home turf, Twin Ring Motegi Road course. Race winning overtake.

Overall I really enjoyed this car. The suspension kit used in this replica was outstanding. The higher rear rate really helped to keep the rear in check and allowed some great cornering speed and excellent traction. This combined with the lower than stock front spring-rate and new wheel alignment really helped to give more grip to the front and allowed for great control of the car.

This is an absolute gem of a car that will get many, many miles of use. And I'll love every one of them :) Excellent work Tsuchiya-san :D and Thank you @Ridox2JZGTE for bringing this car to us in GT6. Awesome job! :bowdown:

Words can't describe how happy I am :) I thought no one would drive the DK NSX, thinking it may be just a drift machine :lol: The sports tire brings the car to a new level, a lot more enjoyment driving it with high level of grip and excellent handling. Mirroring the real car which Tsuchiya-san himself fitted the car with S tire ( RE55S ) and you can see in the video, how the car grips around the track "race car like" :D

I don't think I deserve to call it the actual 100% accurate Tsuchiya-san personal ride, but I tried my best to be as close as possible :)

Having good reaction on the both NSX-R replica, I'm considering to post my other work, Kakimoto Time Attack NSX :P Even more extreme and brutal with still less than 400PS power but lighter, deadlier and screams serious business.

Words can't describe how happy I am :) I thought no one would drive the DK NSX, thinking it may be just a drift machine :lol: The sports tire brings the car to a new level, a lot more enjoyment driving it with high level of grip and excellent handling. Mirroring the real car which Tsuchiya-san himself fitted the car with S tire ( RE55S ) and you can see in the video, how the car grips around the track "race car like" :D

I don't think I deserve to call it the actual 100% accurate Tsuchiya-san personal ride, but I tried my best to be as close as possible :)

Having good reaction on the both NSX-R replica, I'm considering to post my other work, Kakimoto Time Attack NSX :P Even more extreme and brutal with still less than 400PS power but lighter, deadlier and screams serious business.
It said Honda first didn't it!? Of course someone was going to try it :D I haven't tried the other one yet :guilty: I was just about to go and build it when you posted Tsuchiya-san's. I'm glad I tried this first and I promise not to be too disappointed when I get to the other. It's a Type-R, what's the worst that can happen :lol:

I was interested by the spring set-up on this one. I've tried to tune these myself and always preferred the lower rate rear. Which thanks to your good self, I found out was the same idea Honda had ;) So the higher rear rate intrigued me. I could tell from my somewhat leisurely drive at Sierra on the CS that this car will drift well, the front really does give you the confidence that it'll go where you want it to even when you do lose traction. I'll be trying this out in a drift event real soon :) The SH tyre gave it some great grip on the track at Motegi and Suzuka in the Tour of Japan (won Suzuka too BTW:tup:) but was perhaps a grade too hard for the streets of Tokyo, for me at least. With the track layout and a bunch of GT-R's blocking out the sun :P, I got held up quite a bit in the early going and ended up having to try and make up time on the little Tommy Kaira, It got a little slippery in places where I felt I would have still been within the grip limit on the race tracks. I managed second but the ZZII was just out of reach for me by the time I got there, coming to the last turn just behind him was not going to end well for a stock powered anything :(

I watched the video too 👍 It was very impressive against the lighter stock car. The handling was indeed race car like, the car corners so well and gets out of them better. I've been enjoying watching a good few of the Best Motoring Videos recently, these guys have serious skills :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: and they have so much fun showing it. Tsuchiya-san in "The Touge Monster" vs the WRC Evo was classic :D I mean who brings gravel tyres to the Touge? The poor guy didn't stand a chance :lol:

Back