RIDOX Replica Garage-In Memory of TurnLeft-GT40,300ZX,F430,TVR,AEM S2000,Cizeta,TransAm Doug Nash

• Thread starter Ridox2JZGTE
  • 5,032 comments
OK, this is what I have done. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Using your lap as ghost, I practiced trying to follow. I couldn't keep up. So I increased the top speed by reducing the final gear; it helped but not enough. I reduced the ballast, but it changed the handling of the car.

So I decided that I will trade some of the handling of the car just so that I can keep up with you, and learn to drive better. So I added the high RPM turbo, and racing medium tires. Now I can comfortably keep up with you, and I can focus on understanding your approach to the turns, the braking and the acceleration. But the car doesn't handle all that well. Of course there are going to be trade-offs, and I am OK with it, but the less trade-off the better, right?

It is good enough at the moment. I am happy that I have the ghost lap so that I can use it as a reference, and man, it is helpful!!! So, many thanks for sharing @Ridox2JZGTE .

If you have any recommendations or suggestions, please let me know.

OK, this is what I have done. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Using your lap as ghost, I practiced trying to follow. I couldn't keep up. So I increased the top speed by reducing the final gear; it helped but not enough. I reduced the ballast, but it changed the handling of the car.

So I decided that I will trade some of the handling of the car just so that I can keep up with you, and learn to drive better. So I added the high RPM turbo, and racing medium tires. Now I can comfortably keep up with you, and I can focus on understanding your approach to the turns, the braking and the acceleration. But the car doesn't handle all that well. Of course there are going to be trade-offs, and I am OK with it, but the less trade-off the better, right?

It is good enough at the moment. I am happy that I have the ghost lap so that I can use it as a reference, and man, it is helpful!!! So, many thanks for sharing @Ridox2JZGTE .

If you have any recommendations or suggestions, please let me know.

I suggest to keep using medium range turbo, it gives much better response and acceleration on higher gear. For practice tips, I'll say start with braking points and how much brake applied. take a note of the car speeds and the point the brake applied on tricky corners. Some of the high speed curves favors the least braking to maintain higher speed, so smooth steering is also important.

I may also suggest to increase rear brake, try 5/7 and experiment with car positioning during the esses and the 1st corner entry ( very important ), a good exit on 1st turn will put the car in the middle and you can maintain higher speed right until the braking point leading to the sharp right turn. Aim for at least 36s 1st sector.

For easier throttle play, lower the LSD initial and accel, try lower both by 2. You should feel with lower LSD accel and initial, the car is easier to steer and gas, but will less traction from mid corner and less responsive to the throttle on tighter turns.

If you feel the car also to tight at the front, lower the front ARB by 1 and see how it goes.

Keep on driving, more laps will make you more familiar with the car.

I also was having trouble getting 2:13s on silverstone gp with the toyota 86 gt4 and nissan gt4. only with the evora gt4, I was able to get the target times. Then I noticed the evora had flat floor. So I put flat floors on the toyota and nissan. And I got 2:12s and 2:13s. Now I know flat floor wasnt part of the build but it sure made the gt4s handle better for me.

sgr
I also was having trouble getting 2:13s on silverstone gp with the toyota 86 gt4 and nissan gt4. only with the evora gt4, I was able to get the target times. Then I noticed the evora had flat floor. So I put flat floors on the toyota and nissan. And I got 2:12s and 2:13s. Now I know flat floor wasnt part of the build but it sure made the gt4s handle better for me.

You can't add flat floor to the Evora :) I didn't install flat floor on the 370Z and GT86 as it will reduce the acceleration and top speed quite a lot, it may be beneficial on tracks with many corners. But, it's up to the drivers to do so :) For PP limited races, flat floor will reduce HP as well, as it will increase PP more than 20 on average.

but when u add aero kit a to the evora, it gets a flat floor. or at least thats what it appears to be. Not sure if that adds the same effect of adding a flat floor to the cars that have that option. I noticed some cars that do not have the flat floor option, get a flat floor from an aero kit. with the weight distribution of the evora, Im able to exit corners at higher speeds. With nose heavier cars im not quite as skilled at entering the corner and exiting the apex. I guess its my driving style. Certain cars I can match times you have. and some cars I need a little more pp to get close to the real world times.

FORTUNE AUTO Maserati Granturismo MC TROFEO 2013 Replica

Tuned to replicate Granturismo Maserati Corse Trofeo 2013 521PP
Sports Soft to Racing Hard

CAR : Maserati Granturismo S '08
Tire : Sports Soft to Racing Hard

Specs
Horsepower: 488 HP at 7000 RPM or ( optional 2014 power figure 500HP at 7300 RPM )
Torque : 394.9 ft-lb at 5300 RPM
Power Limiter at : 97.6% or ( optional 2014 figure at 100% )
Weight: 1450 kg
Ballast : 130 kg
Ballast Position : -39
Weight Distribution : 51 / 49 - as in real life spec
Performance Points: 521

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD ) - MANDATORY as the real MC Trofeo has welded roll cage and chassis reinforcements, as well necessary for racing tire fitment.
Aero Kit Type A
Rear Wing - Generic Wing Type A
Wheels : Standard Size OZ Racing Superfogiata in GT Matte 008 ( Black Matte )
Car Paint : Mineral White ( from BMW M4 Coupe ) or any solid white.

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Twin Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension
Racing Brakes Kit
Weigh Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood ( Body Color )
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - FORTUNE AUTO 510 Series GEN 4 Racing Coilover Kit with ID 65 Swift Springs
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 80 70
Spring Rate: 18.00 14.00
Dampers (Compression): 5 7
Dampers (Extension): 4 7
Anti-Roll Bars: 2 3
Camber Angle: 0.2 0.2 ( use zero camber all around for max grip )
Toe Angle: -0.07 0.07

LSD - 1.5 way Quaife ATB Competition LSD
Initial Torque : 34
Acceleration Sensitivity: 48
Braking Sensitivity: 20

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - MC Trofeo Gearing and Final
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.184
Set Auto Max Speed at 330kmh / 205mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.210
2nd 2.050
3rd 1.440
4th 1.110
5th 0.900
6th 0.760

AERO
REAR : 20 ( MAX )

Brake Balance:
3/4 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/4, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend to run 1 click higher at the rear.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 3/4 brake balance as starting point. Go higher if preferred, 5/6 for example.

Notes :
The Maserati Granturismo S has always been one of my most loved sports car :)
I decided to use Fortune Auto coilover as the single rate suspension and adjustable damper setup information of the real MC Trofeo is unknown. Nevertheless, this replica managed to replicate the 2013 lap time at Silverstone GP very closely.

Weight is at 1450kg ( 50kg heavier ) as I wanted to replicate the real weight distribution, and this does not affect the target lap time that I wanted to replicate at all. Also included above is 2014 power figure at 500HP, simply use 100% power limiter. Improve body rigidity is mandatory this time, as it's beneficial when racing tires are fitted. Any road cars in GT6 can use racing tire with no issues, all it takes is proper body rigidity level and suspension + LSD tuning to make the whole package works in harmony :D

For LSD, a special model is used, Quaife ATB Competition differential, with high initial torque for competition level and high locking rate on drive side giving excellent traction which Quaife is famous for.

Suspension comes from a special model made by FORTUNE AUTO, the 510 Series Generation 4 Racing Coilover Kit with custom ID 65 SWIFT Springs.
The 510 Series Gen 4 featuring Fortune Auto's new Ultra Double Digressive Piston ( UDDP ) with updated shim stacks, the Digressive piston allows for high low speed rebound force that effectively control dive, pitch and roll. The rebound force also greatly tapers off to provide the driver with a supple and compliant ride while maintaining superior mechanical grip over rough surfaces.
The replica has 18kg/14kg spring rate with optimal lowered ride height and damper + ARB tuned for exceptional balance on sport soft tire ( racing hard slick equivalent IRL ) and racing hard ( racing medium slick IRL )

The Maserati was tuned and tested at Tsukuba, Brands Hatch GP, Bathurst, Ascari, Laguna Seca, Trial Mountain, Silverstone GP, Nurburgring GP/F and Nordschleife.

When tested at Silverstone GP, the car ( 488HP ) was capable of easy 2:12s lap on sports soft and my best test lap was 2:10s, the real life pole lap in 2013 was 2:11.5xxx on racing hard slick tire, done by gentlemen driver, which a pro driver would be capable of 2:10s - so this replica is pretty darn close.

Source : http://www.maserati.com/maserati/en...smo-mc/races/Silverstone-2013/qualifying.html

ENJOY :cheers:

A very nice tune:) thanks:)

sgr
but when u add aero kit a to the evora, it gets a flat floor. or at least thats what it appears to be. Not sure if that adds the same effect of adding a flat floor to the cars that have that option. I noticed some cars that do not have the flat floor option, get a flat floor from an aero kit. with the weight distribution of the evora, Im able to exit corners at higher speeds. With nose heavier cars im not quite as skilled at entering the corner and exiting the apex. I guess its my driving style. Certain cars I can match times you have. and some cars I need a little more pp to get close to the real world times.

Those are just visual part :) If you remove the aero kit, AFAIK the Evora will still handle the same, it's just having MR layout gives certain advantage in handling. I still have GT4 car that is quicker than the Evora around corners, even with exact specs ( BOP spec ) from real life counterpart, if I were to create a BOP ( balance of performance ) in GT6, then I will have to add much more ballast or reduce power to some cars - if aiming for 2:14s lap goal.

In real life, each new season, the SRO ( official GT4 ruling body in Europe ) will conduct balance of performance tests on all GT4 cars, they will reduce power and/or add ballast to make them all equal and competitive fairly.

A very nice tune:) thanks:)

Glad you like it :) and you're welcome :cheers:

NISSAN GTR '07 Stock Replica
Real World Setup and Alignment

Tuned to replicate Nissan GTR '07 - Tsukuba and Motegi Lap Record
Comfort Soft

CAR : Nissan GTR '07
Tire : Comfort Soft

Specs
Horsepower: 473 HP / 480 PS at 6800 RPM
Torque : 442.6 ft-lb at 3500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 97.8%
Weight: 1740 kg - official curb weight
Ballast : 192 kg
Ballast Position : -35
Weight Distribution : 55 / 45 as in real life
Performance Points: 526

GT AUTO
NO OIL change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD )
Wheels : Stock
Car Paint : Silver or Red

Tuning Parts Installed :
Weight Reduction Stage 1

Suspension - Bilstein Damptronic with Stock Ride Height + Factory Nissan Street / Daily Driving Alignment
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 110 110
Spring Rate: 9.82 5.36
Dampers (Compression): 5 6
Dampers (Extension): 6 6
Camber Angle: 1.4 1.4 ( factory : F -1.44 to -1.51, R -1.40 to -1.73)
Toe Angle: 0.10 0.10 ( factory : F Toe Out 0.9mm or 1/8" to 1/16" to Toe In 1.5mm, R Toe Out 0.3mm to Toe In 3.7mm ) GT6 values : F -0.22 to 0.10, R -0.02 to 0.26 range.

Suspension - Bilstein Damptronic with Stock Ride Height + Factory Nissan Sport / Track Alignment
Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 1.8 1.7 ( factory : F -1.44 to -1.76, R -1.40 to -1.73)
Toe Angle: -0.06 0.10 ( factory : F Toe Out 0.9mm or 1/8" to 1/16" to Toe In 1.5mm, R Toe Out 0.3mm to Toe In 3.7mm ) GT6 values : F -0.22 to 0.10, R -0.02 to 0.26 range.

Suspension - Bilstein Damptronic with Stock Ride Height + Factory Nissan Street / Daily Driving Alignment - Personal Setup
Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 1.3 1.4 ( factory : F -1.44 to -1.76, R -1.40 to -1.73)
Toe Angle: -0.15 0.15 ( factory : F Toe Out 0.9mm or 1/8" to 1/16" to Toe In 1.5mm, R Toe Out 0.3mm to Toe In 3.7mm ) GT6 values : F -0.22 to 0.10, R -0.02 to 0.26 range.

Suspension - Bilstein Damptronic with Stock Ride Height + Factory Nissan Sports / Track Alignment - Personal Setup
Front, Rear

Toe Angle: -0.22 0.00 ( factory : F Toe Out 0.9mm or 1/8" to 1/16" to Toe In 1.5mm, R Toe Out 0.3mm to Toe In 3.7mm ) GT6 values : F -0.22 to 0.10, R -0.02 to 0.26 range.

AERO:
FRONT : 20 ( Fixed )
REAR : 20 ( Fixed )

Brake Balance:
6/8 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 6/8, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend to run 6/8 for ABS 1.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 6/8 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
The Nissan GTR is one of the car that I have so many in the garage :lol: Ever since GT5, I had about 20 of these at all times and in GT6, I have about 10 or so now, all are replicas.

This one is the most basic replica, with stock tune and some corrections on power, suspension and weight distribution.

Power has been reduced to 473HP / 480PS to reflect official power as tested on Best Motoring, weight at 1740kg ( official curb weight value ) and weight distribution at 55/45 - as measured from corner weight.

I researched quite a lot to find the CBA-R35 GTR 1st gen spring rate, then I stumbled a GTR owner who had a chance to speak with one of the Nissan GTR key engineer during a special GTR promo event. He posted the spring rate, many doubted him, but after doing more research on later model year spring rate increase and the NISMO package, I decided to believe and used it for this replica build.

Stock spring rate : F 550lb/in and R 300lb/in, this translate to F 9.82kg/mm and R 5.36kg/mm ( rounded for GT6 ) Stock ride height is retained, with damper has been tweaked for optimum handling balance and ARB to reduce push on entry, soft but not harsh. The Nissan GTR spring rate gets higher/changed every model year from 2008 onwards.

Camber and toe uses early GTR factory manual alignment presets, later models have 3 preset, daily city driving, sports and track. The changes are very minor, slightly higher camber and similar toe range. For this replica, I provided 2 preset, daily/city/street and sports/track. I obtained these from GTR forum, taken from early gen GTR manual. Another 2 are my own personal setup based on the factory alignment. Try all of them and notice the difference, pick one that suits you best, or simply play around with the value range.

I mainly tested the car at Tsukuba and Motegi Road Course. These 2 tracks have been the proving grounds for the GTR on Best Motoring show.

Keiichi Tsuchiya posted 1:02.125 lap time at Tsukuba on stock GTR with Dunlop OEM tires. Aim for this time or better.
In 2009, MCR owned Nissan GTR '09 model, in stock form, driven by Keiichi Tsuchiya posted a best lap of 1:01.931 at Tsukuba :eek: My test lap was 1:01.4xxx on 2nd lap run using my personal setup sports/track alignment preset.

Naoki Hattori posted 2:07.600 lap time at Motegi Road Course on stock GTR with Dunlop OEM - SP Sport 600 DSST tires. My test lap was 2:07.4xxx on 1st lap run using my personal setup street/daily driving alignment preset.

If you want added challenge, run the car at Nordschleife and aim to beat 7:26.700, driven by the legend Toshio Suzuki ( 480PS/1740kg ) back in 2008.

This is a really nice drive:) thanks for this tune:)

GPRM Motorsport TOYOTA 86GT Turbo GT4 Replica

Tuned to replicate GPRM GT86 Turbo GT4
Sports Soft

CAR : Toyota 86 'Racing' '13
Tire : Sports Soft

Specs
Horsepower: 399 HP at 8000 RPM
Torque : 287.4 ft-lb at 5500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1190 kg
Ballast : 47 kg
Weight Distribution : 54 / 46 as the real car spec.
Performance Points: 508

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED ) -MANDATORY - GT4 cars are seam welded and has weld in cage.
Aero Kits Type A
Custom Rear Wing :
Wing Mount Standard Type B
Wing Large Type B
Winglets Large Type C
Height -5 and Width -32
Wheels : +1 Inch Up - OZ RACING Ultraleggera or RAYS 57Xtreme in grey or silver
Car Paint : White, Black, or Grey

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit
Catalytic Converter Sports
Adjustable LSD
Racing Brakes Kit
Weight Reduction Stage 1

Suspension - EIBACH Sportsline Springs / Koni 2 Way Damper Kit
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 93 106
Spring Rate: 15.67 18.67
Dampers (Compression): 8 7
Dampers (Extension): 9 8
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 5
Camber Angle: 3.0 1.2
Toe Angle: -0.16 0.08

2013-Toyota-GT86-GT4-rear-three-quarter-623x389.jpg

LSD - 1.5 Way 55/75 Salisbury type LSD High Preload
Initial Torque : 24
Acceleration Sensitivity: 27
Braking Sensitivity: 10

AERO:
REAR : 20 ( Max )

Brake Balance:
5/6 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 4/5, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I would recommend to run just one click higher on rear brake.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/6 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

This replica is very hard to built with very limited information available on the car. Early 2013, the car was on the news, it may have been the first 86 built for GT4 class.

The GPRM Ltd who built the car stated it has 350-400HP with turbo added. Not much else was disclosed, so I have to improvise. I used the base model for CS V3 Cup car as a base setup for the GT4 car. Suspension uses similar spring rate with revised ride height and tweaking on the damper, ARB, toe and camber. The real car uses Eibach Sportsline coil springs and Koni 2 way fully adjustable damper.

LSD uses high preload 1.5 way with medium/high lock 55/75 to replicate Salisbury type diff used on the GPRM GT86 GT4. I leave the gearbox in stock form as it's more than enough to do the job and quite versatile on various tracks ( the real car has 6 speed sequential conversion but may still uses stock ratio as the Brit24 86 car also built GPRM uses stock ratio ). Weight distribution has also been fixed ( similar to the CS V3 Cup car ) The weight figure is slightly less than CS V3 Cup 86, with 1190kg, I pick this value considering the GT4 car has stripped out interior, perspex windows, lightened body shell and similar chassis modification to CS V3 Cup.

For closer performance compared to other GT4 cars, I decided on 399HP power using mid rpm turbo, this allows the GT86 to lap quite close to real life times at Silverstone GP. During testing, the car is capable of 2:13s lap on SS tire.

You have done a wicked tune for this car....it been winning hands down against 550pp races:)
Thanks for taking your time and researching real life set ups and doing something different:) it makes them more exciting to drive:)

BMW E92 M3 GTS

Tuned to replicate BMW E92 M3 GTS based on M3 Chrome Line
Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

CAR : BMW M3 Coupe Chrome Line
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

Specs
Horsepower: 444 HP / 450 PS at 7900 RPM
Torque : 328.8 ft-lb at 5000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 91.0%
Weight: 1530 kg
Ballast : 84 kg
Ballast Position : -5
Weight Distribution : 50 / 50 - real life 50.8/49.2 reflected in ballast position.
Performance Points: 506

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED ) - OPTIONAL - the real car has chassis reinforcement and track spec roll cage
Aero Kits Type A
Rear Wing : Generic Wing Type C
Wheels : +1 Inch Up - BBS RE-MG in Black Matte / GT6 Matte 008
Car Paint : Monaco Orange

Tuning Parts Installed :
Sports Exhaust
Intake Tuning
Adjustable LSD
Weigh Reduction Stage 1

Suspension - KW Club Sport M3 GTS Coilover
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 90 82
Spring Rate: 9.07 14.27
Dampers (Compression): 5 5
Dampers (Extension): 4 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 3
Camber Angle: 0.2 0.2 ( use alternate zero camber all around for max grip )
Toe Angle: 0.06 0.12

Alternative Damper Setup for various track based/adapted from KW Club Sport Recommended Setup and real life setup :

Winding/Twisty + Bumpy Road ( Nordschleife, Touge etc )
Dampers (Extension): 4 4

Track - High Speed Stability ( Nurb GP/F, Willow Springs )
Dampers (Extension): 5 6

Track - Loose + Technical Track ( Tsukuba ) -KW Recommended Setup
Dampers (Extension): 6 5

Street - Cruise
Dampers (Compression): 2 2
Dampers (Extension): 2 1

LSD - 1.5way
Initial Torque : 20
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 15

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Adapted 7 Speed Drivelogic
Set Default
Set Auto Max Speed to 250kmh / 155mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 4.780
2nd 3.056
3rd 2.153
4th 1.678
5th 1.390
6th 1.000 ( the real 6th gear is omitted, 7th gear is used instead to maintain real life top speed )
Set Final Gear : 3.154

If wanted to lower top speed in favour of acceleration, simply replace 6th 1.000 with the real 6th ratio : 1.203

AERO
Rear : 20 ( MAX )

Brake Balance:
8/8 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 6/6, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 8/8 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
BMW M3 GTS, with 444HP/450PS, 1530kg. The replica is built upon request, I researched BMW M forums, press releases, car reviews and consulting owners of M3 via forum.

Suspension damper settings are adapted from real life setup and KW recommended setup, use these to your preferences. Try them all, and see which one works best for given track and tire used. Personally I used winding/twisty setup. Improve Body Rigidity is optional, I suggest to install it only when you feel the car is too loose as it makes is a bit more responsive but tighter.

The replica uses comfort soft tires in order to replicate lap time accurately. The M3 GTS managed to lap Nurb GP/F in easily consistent 2:21s just like real life lap time record.

I decided to combine 6th and 7th into one, the replica uses real life 7th for 6th. Please read the notes on gear ratio section for explanation. Shift up from 5th to 6th on redline.

When tested at Nordschleife, the car managed sub 8 minutes with ease on comfort soft tire, so it should be able to replicate real life lap record easily.

Use the brakes to rotate on entry and throttle to steer the car one exit :D I have lots of enjoyment driving this replica, hopefully you will too.

Love this car and tune...i just had a bit of fun with it on international B midnight racers N24 650pp got gold with 12 secs to spare:) .All your settings plus 100% power limiter and all power parts......550pp...622Bhp...brakes 9 9....R H tyres:) its good to see that all your settings still work at full power too:) awesome thx

sgr

@sgr, please check post 1230 for Ridox GT86 lap. Download it and watch. I have been testing his car for the past 3 days. I haven´t managed to get to 2:13:xxx yet, but by making small changes to camber/BB/front ARB, etc, I managed to get down from 2:17:xxx to 2:14:xxx.

I also last night spent about an hour researching the internet for more info on the GT86 GT4. Despite not having much info avaliable, I managed to get confirmation that the GT86 does not have flat floor.

Im still doing laps on the Toyota (:nervous:) and I managed to conclude this: the reason I cant get to 2:13 its my driving style... So its better I leave feedback to @Ridox2JZGTE saying the time I made using his specs with small changes then to completely change the tune...

Please bare in mind im not criticising you, just expressing an opinion 👍

Despite my type of driving style, I can say that I really enjoy doing Ridox tunes more then other tunes purpously done for the racing objective... Despite some members in GTP claimed that real life setups in the game is BS...
smiley-confused005.gif
everybody is free to express their opinion and im glad we can do it!
And im not saying this because he helped me doing my tunes, but mainly because if the moto of GT6 is "the real driving simulador", shouldn´t the tunes be as real as possible?

Ok, i´ll stop now... :D

:cheers:

PS: I managed to achieve the real life times on the Évora and the 370ZGT4, but the Nissan GT-R is making me sweat... Ridox you are being mean in the Nissan... :lol:

Last edited:
sgr, please check post 1230 for Ridox GT86 lap. Download it and watch. I have been testing his car for the past 3 days. I haven´t managed to get to 2:13:xxx yet, but by making small changes to camber/BB/front ARB, etc, I managed to get down from 2:17:xxx to 2:14:xxx.

I also last night spent about an hour researching the internet for more info on the GT86 GT4. Despite not having much info avaliable, I managed to get confirmation that the GT86 does not have flat floor.

Im still doing laps on the Toyota (:nervous:) and I managed to conclude this: the reason I cant get to 2:13 its my driving style... So its better I leave feedback to @Ridox2JZGTE saying the time I made using his specs with small changes then to completely change the tune...

Please bare in mind im not criticising you, just expressing an opinion 👍

Despite my type of driving style, I can say that I really enjoy doing Ridox tunes more then other tunes purpously done for the racing objective... Despite some members in GTP claimed that real life setups in the game is BS... View attachment 181582 everybody is free to express their opinion and im glad we can do it!
And im not saying this because he helped me doing my tunes, but mainly because if the moto of GT6 is "the real driving simulador", shouldn´t the tunes be as real as possible?

Ok, i´ll stop now... :D

PS: I managed to achieve the real life times on the Évora and the 370ZGT4, but the Nissan GT-R is making me sweat... Ridox you are being mean in the Nissan... :lol:

Good to know you are enjoying my replicas :P
Keep practicing, you'll break into 2:13s :D

For Motegi Road Course Nissan GTR lap record :
If you look at this Best Motoring video - GTR vs The World 2 ( Motegi Battle ), you can use the braking point and speed at braking point as reference, they are very close to the replica in GT6, even the cornering speeds :P The video can also be a good source to see how other supercars in the race stack up in GT6 version, the Gallardo, Murcielago. all should be on comfort tires too :)

GPRM Motorsport TOYOTA 86GT Turbo GT4 Replica

Tuned to replicate GPRM GT86 Turbo GT4
Sports Soft

CAR : Toyota 86 'Racing' '13

Specs
Horsepower: 399 HP at 8000 RPM
Torque : 287.4 ft-lb at 5500 RPM
Weight: 1190 kg
Ballast : 47 kg
Weight Distribution : 54 / 46 as the real car spec.
Performance Points: 508

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED ) -MANDATORY - GT4 cars are seam welded and has weld in cage.
Aero Kits Type A
Custom Rear Wing :
Wing Mount Standard Type B
Wing Large Type B
Winglets Large Type C
Height -5 and Width -32
Wheels : +1 Inch Up - OZ RACING Ultraleggera or RAYS 57Xtreme in grey or silver
Car Paint : White, Black, or Grey

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Intake Tuning
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit
Catalytic Converter Sports
Adjustable LSD
Racing Brakes Kit
Weight Reduction Stage 1

Suspension - EIBACH Sportsline Springs / Koni 2 Way Damper Kit
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 93 106
Spring Rate: 15.67 18.67
Dampers (Compression): 8 7
Dampers (Extension): 9 8
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 5
Camber Angle: 3.0 1.2

2013-Toyota-GT86-GT4-rear-three-quarter-623x389.jpg

LSD - 1.5 Way 55/75 Salisbury type LSD High Preload
Initial Torque : 24
Acceleration Sensitivity: 27
Braking Sensitivity: 10

AERO:
REAR : 20 ( Max )

Brake Balance:
5/6 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 4/5, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I would recommend to run just one click higher on rear brake.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/6 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

This replica is very hard to built with very limited information available on the car. Early 2013, the car was on the news, it may have been the first 86 built for GT4 class.

The GPRM Ltd who built the car stated it has 350-400HP with turbo added. Not much else was disclosed, so I have to improvise. I used the base model for CS V3 Cup car as a base setup for the GT4 car. Suspension uses similar spring rate with revised ride height and tweaking on the damper, ARB, toe and camber. The real car uses Eibach Sportsline coil springs and Koni 2 way fully adjustable damper.

LSD uses high preload 1.5 way with medium/high lock 55/75 to replicate Salisbury type diff used on the GPRM GT86 GT4. I leave the gearbox in stock form as it's more than enough to do the job and quite versatile on various tracks ( the real car has 6 speed sequential conversion but may still uses stock ratio as the Brit24 86 car also built GPRM uses stock ratio ). Weight distribution has also been fixed ( similar to the CS V3 Cup car ) The weight figure is slightly less than CS V3 Cup 86, with 1190kg, I pick this value considering the GT4 car has stripped out interior, perspex windows, lightened body shell and similar chassis modification to CS V3 Cup.

For closer performance compared to other GT4 cars, I decided on 399HP power using mid rpm turbo, this allows the GT86 to lap quite close to real life times at Silverstone GP. During testing, the car is capable of 2:13s lap on SS tire.
|ia|550PP World Touring Car Championship|SS/RH|ABS 1|Winner| 👍

I have to say that this business of using @Ridox2JZGTE replica tunes is so interesting and instructive. And soooo much more fun that just going through the races. IMO. :dopey: Since my interest is in learning the basic concepts of performance driving, I have also adopted his practice to use less-than-racing tires. It really forces one to develop a softer touch on the throttle and brakes.

So big thank you!! I am having lots of fun.

I decided to play with the Nissan 86 '12 because I can tune it and make some credits to purchase more cars while racing. So I am playing with the race at Apricot Hill. I have not been able to get back below 1:28 as I was doing earlier.

I too put the flat floor on it, I will remove it next time I am on the PS3.

The process of tuning, as tedious as it may seem, is a most fruitful endeavour, if learning is one's objective. It is quite astonishing to me to see how much impact a small adjustment can make; which calls for some level of discipline and rigor in the process. I created a spreadsheet in Excel to keep track of the changes. It would be impossible for me to keep the small details in my head. :banghead: My head has hardened over the years!! :-))

I have not found a way to recall the car settings from a "Best Lap Saved" file. If not present, it would be a wonderful addition to a future version of the game. By storing the car settings on the saved-lap file, it would be easier to see what it is that made the lap so much better.

Attachments

• GT6_Tunning Sheet_140706_2.xlsx
    22.9 KB · Views: 15
So I took the flat floor off the toyota 86 racing gt4 and lowered the front spring rate to 14.27 and reversed the arb from 6/5 to 5/6 and lowered accel sensitivity to 24 and raised braking sensitivity to 13 and lower brake balance to 4 front 6 back. And got 2:12.9xx on silvertone gp with consistent 2:14.xxxs. It took me 2 hours and it was frustrating. I had to brake my turns into the corners perfectly to get my best time. I dont know how the pros do it. Consistently. I realize I will never be a race car driver. or at least a good one. Thanks ridox. I hope my changes were valid enough. I know now the flat floor was not very replica like.

Good to know you are enjoying my replicas :P
Keep practicing, you'll break into 2:13s :D

For Motegi Road Course Nissan GTR lap record :
If you look at this Best Motoring video - GTR vs The World 2 ( Motegi Battle ), you can use the braking point and speed at braking point as reference, they are very close to the replica in GT6, even the cornering speeds :P The video can also be a good source to see how other supercars in the race stack up in GT6 version, the Gallardo, Murcielago. all should be on comfort tires too :)

I was wondering if you can do a replica of the murcielago in this video. Just for fun I tried to replicate the time the murcielago did with comfort softs. Like you pointed out. The whole time I felt like I was in a seasonal drift trial. If i was the driver in the best motoring video, Id literally s**t myself from fear.

sgr
I was wondering if you can do a replica of the murcielago in this video. Just for fun I tried to replicate the time the murcielago did with comfort softs. Like you pointed out. The whole time I felt like I was in a seasonal drift trial. If i was the driver in the best motoring video, Id literally s**t myself from fear.

Its even funnier when you watch expensive/quality built cars get lots of problems the first time they go to a track... :rolleyes:

sgr

The Murcielago is stock in the video :)Unless, you wanted a custom tuned suspension and LSD on a stock powered car ;)

Its even funnier when you watch expensive/quality built cars get lots of problems the first time they go to a track... :rolleyes:

The Murcie got overheating issue and loses power nearing the end of the race or did the driver short shifted on the exit of final straight :lol:

|ia|550PP World Touring Car Championship|SS/RH|ABS 1|Winner| 👍

Did you have close race against the AI ?

The Murcie got overheating issue and loses power nearing the end of the race or did the driver short shifted on the exit of final straight :lol:

And the Subaru gearbox was falling apart... :lol:

----------------------------------------------------------

Final Testing results:

GPRM Motorsport TOYOTA 86GT Turbo GT4 Replica - 2:13:9xxx - Hey, its still 13, right!?

NISSAN GTR '07 Stock Replica - 2:08:05x

relief.gif

@Ridox2JZGTE - You owe me $100 in deodorant... :D:lol:

And the Subaru gearbox was falling apart... :lol:

----------------------------------------------------------

Final Testing results:

GPRM Motorsport TOYOTA 86GT Turbo GT4 Replica - 2:13:9xxx - Hey, its still 13, right!?

NISSAN GTR '07 Stock Replica - 2:08:05x

relief.gif

@Ridox2JZGTE - You owe me $100 in deodorant... :D:lol:

The Nissan GTR didn't have enough fuel on the 1st start :lol:, rolling at locked low rpm for a lap like in GT6 :lol:

Good job on getting 2:13s on the 86GT GT4, while for the GTR, you'll get there 👍, just need to get the braking like in the video, smooth exit, and the car will get there. It's very challenging indeed, almost leaving no room for error to get into 2:07s. The best lap under racing condition was flat 2:08s.

Oh yes, oh yes, hard battles were there for the win! :crazy: :)

Sounds good 👍, next up the Riley Technologies Camaro GS / GT4, Callaway Competition GmbH Corvette C6 GT4 and my beloved little car : MR2 G Limited Supercharger '86 - 2 sets of tune, one replica ( some fix as well:lol: ) on CH tire :eek: and a powered up version for drift/grip :D Will post them the next time I'm on PS3.

The Nissan GTR didn't have enough fuel on the 1st start :lol:, rolling at locked low rpm for a lap like in GT6 :lol:

facepalm.gif
:lol:

Good job on getting 2:13s on the 86GT GT4, while for the GTR, you'll get there 👍, just need to get the braking like in the video, smooth exit, and the car will get there. It's very challenging indeed, almost leaving no room for error to get into 2:07s. The best lap under racing condition was flat 2:08s.

TY! 👍 I haven´t given up on the GT-R yet... :mischievous:

RJN Motorsport NISMO Nissan Fairlady 370Z ( Z34 ) '08 GT4 Replica
Tuned to replicate RJN NISMO 370Z GT4
Team PlayStation GT Academy
Sports Soft

CAR : Nissan Fairlady 370Z (Z34) '08

Specs
Horsepower: 404 HP / 410PS at 7200 RPM
Torque : 321.0 ft-lb at 5500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 98.3%
Weight: 1300 kg
Ballast : 76 kg
Ballast Position : -24
Weight Distribution : 54 / 46 - as in real life.
Performance Points: 503

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD ) - MANDATORY as GT4 cars are seam welded and has weld in cage.
Custom Rear Wing :
Wing Mount Standard Type D
Wing Large Type A
Winglets Type C
Height -2 and Width +15
Wheels : Standard Size OZ Racing Botticelli III in Black
Car Paint : Black or Yellow or Matte Black or Red

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Intake Tuning
Twin Plate Clutch
Adjustable LSD
Racing Brakes Kit
Weigh Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood ( Body Color )
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension -Coilover with Uprated Swift Springs and 2 Way Bilstein Damper
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 100 100
Spring Rate: 16.00 16.00
Dampers (Compression): 6 7
Dampers (Extension): 5 7
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 3
Camber Angle: 3.3 1.7

LSD - 2 Way NISMO GT LSD High Preload
Initial Torque : 20
Acceleration Sensitivity: 36
Braking Sensitivity: 30

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - QUAIFE 370Z 6 Speed Sequential Racing Gearbox with Stock Final
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.768
Set Auto Max Speed at 220kmh / 137mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.770
2nd 2.057
3rd 1.579
4th 1.260
5th 1.104
6th 1.000
Set Final : 3.692

AERO
REAR : 20 ( MAX )

Brake Balance:
5/4 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 5/4, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend to run 5/4 for ABS 1.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/4 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
My 1st built among many of GT4 cars that are on the works. I was fascinated by this car as I read on GT Academy winners racing it at Endurance races in Europe. A few years back it was 350Z, but from a couple of years ago, 370Z is used.

I based this replica on the latest 370Z GT4, built by RJN Motorsport with extensive parts from NISMO bin :D The engine is unique ( HR version fly by wire throttle ), natural aspiration + tuned exhaust and NISMO expertise + parts, stroked to 3.8 litres, produces close to 440HP. For BOP ( balance of performance ), the engine is tuned to produce 410PS instead or 404HP.

The body has been lightened and seam welded with weld in cage, the car tips the scale at 1300kg.

Suspension comes from custom coilover with Swift springs and 2 way Bilstein damper. I set the springs at both 16kg/mm to maintain solid composure during hard cornering. The balance is very well maintained from entry to exit. Camber has been set quite aggressively to provide much needed traction on medium to high speed corners. Damper and ARB are tuned for less roll, but still gives some room for the tire to flex and grip with traction by minimizing excess weight transfer under acceleration.

The car uses QUAIFE 6 speed sequential gearbox, with specific ratio setup for 370Z, while still using stock final. This gives the 370Z good spread with plenty of pull and respectable top speed at just over 260km/h. Lower the final if wanted more top speed. The real car has twin plate Alcon Clutch, and twin plate clutch is installed in this build.

LSD comes from NISMO GT Plate LSD, I setup a 2 way with high preload to maximize traction. Brakes IRL comes from Alcon with 6 pot front and 4 pot rear and large diameter discs.

The rear wing is custom, there are variances in real life, some uses low profile rear wing that looks close to NISMO wing, some uses bigger carbon fiber GT style wing. I used custom wing in this replica.

To replicate the lap time done during European GT4 Cup, I used Sports Soft tire. The real life 370Z GT4 laps Silverstone GP at 2:15.069 back in 2011 GT European Cup in the hands of Jordan Tresson / Alex Buncombe, GTA winner. On SS tires, the replica easily can break into 2:14s, similar to the quickest GT4 cars in real life ( M3 GT4 )

I also tested the car at Brands Hatch GP and Bathurst back in 1.08. Thanks to the help of @danbojte with further testing the car on 1.09 and wheel, the tune proved to be solid and posted as is. The replica should also work on Racing Hard tire.

|S|Ascari Race Resort 10-Lap Challenge: Ascari Full Track|SS|ABS 1|Winner|

OMG! Such a pleasure! Beautiful car! 👍

Any of these :)

GPRM GT86 GT4
Riley Technologies Camaro GS/GT4
Callaway Competition GmbH Corvette C6 GT4
BMW Motorsports M3 GT4
Maserati Granturismo MC GT4
Ford Racing FR500 C Mustang "Boy Racer" GT4

and another 2 secret GT4 car :P It might be another secret GT4 car possible - more like a fantasy replica for this one :D
No plans for the Aston Vantage GT4? Even with the V12 I don't think that it would be too far off from real times.

AMR Engineering/Cusco Toyota MR2 1600 G Limited Supercharger '86
Real World Setup - TRD Street Alignment

Tuned to replicate Cusco/AMR Engineering MR2 AW11 G-LTD SC
Stock GT6 Power and JDM Power + Dry/Base Weight and Curb Weight
Comfort Hard

Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_142.jpg

CAR : Toyota MR2 1600 G Limited Supercharger '86
Tire : Comfort Hard

Specs ( Curb Weight ) + Stock GT6 Power

Horsepower: 140 HP at 6500 RPM
Torque: 137.4 ft-lb at 4500 RPM
Weight: 1182 kg - curb weight
Ballast : 112 kg
Ballast Position : 12
Weight Distribution : 45 / 55 as in real life ( 44.5%/55.5% ) replicated via ballast position.
Performance Points: 364

Specs ( Dry / Base Weight ) + Stock GT6 Power
Horsepower: 140 HP at 6500 RPM
Torque: 137.4 ft-lb at 4500 RPM
Weight: 1070 kg - dry/base weight
Ballast : 75 kg
Ballast Position : 17
Weight Distribution : 45 / 55 as in real life ( 44.5%/55.5% ) replicated via ballast position.
Performance Points: 371

Specs ( Dry / Base Weight ) + JDM Power
Horsepower: 143 HP / 145 PS at 6400 RPM
Torque: 140.1 ft-lb at 4700 RPM
Power Limiter at : 98.2%
Weight: 1070 kg - dry/base weight
Ballast : 75 kg
Ballast Position : 17
Performance Points: 375

Specs ( Curb Weight ) + JDM Power
Horsepower: 143 HP / 145 PS at 6400 RPM
Torque: 140.1 ft-lb at 4700 RPM
Power Limiter at : 98.2%
Weight: 1182 kg - curb weight
Ballast : 112 kg
Ballast Position : 12
Performance Points: 368

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED in this build )
Wheels : +1 Inch Up BBS-RS painted in Gold / Saddle Tan
Car Paint : Classic Red

Tuning Parts Installed :
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 1 - For Dry weight figure.
Catalytic Converter Sports - For JDM Power Only

Suspension - AMR Engineering Coilover with Swift Springs 400/450 + Street TRD Specs Alignment
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 120 120
Spring Rate: 7.14 8.04
Dampers (Compression): 6 6
Dampers (Extension): 7 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 1
Camber Angle: 1.0 1.0
Toe Angle: 0.08 0.16

LSD - 2 Way Cusco RS LSD
Initial Torque : 22
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 30

Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_144.jpg

Brake Balance:
5/5 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 4/4, for ABS 1 5/5 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/5 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

This is one of the MR car that I really like to drive. I have built this replica since release day, but only decided to post it now as it has comfort hard tire :D

The car is roughly based on an real MR2 AW11 that my mate used to own back in my college days. An old worn out MR2 MK1 with over 200,000km in red :lol: It was modified with AMR Engineering custom coilover utilizing swift springs and Cusco 2 way LSD to help with traction, the owner was learner licensed driver so no power mods allowed by his parents :lol:

For this build, I focused on stiffer springs to help the car stays more planted during high G cornering load. Springs are also chosen to balance the rear heavy car following similar approach in real life, closer rear rate to the front. Some AutoX / track MR2 MK1 even uses same rate or lower rear, depending on the rear sway bar usage and tires fitted.

Springs are 400 / 450 for the MR2, stiff but not bouncy. With damper setup for street/track and ARB to reduce oversteer on mid corner. Toe and camber alignment uses TRD street recommended range for their line of sports springs ( lowering and race ).

LSD uses 2 way, with high preload and medium lock to keep the little MR2 from dancing around too much :lol:

For power and weight, I have provided a multitude of choices, from GT6 stock power to JDM spec power and combination of dry/base weight + curb weight figures. For those wanted more realistic drive, use the curb weight figure and JDM spec power.

I mainly tested the car at Tsukuba and Bathurst :D It can easily run 1:15s at Tsukuba on comfort hard and curb weight spec :eek: Not bad for 140+ponies little car.

UPDATE : Toe has been corrected :P

Last edited:
NISSAN GTR '07 Stock Replica
Real World Setup and Alignment

Tuned to replicate Nissan GTR '07 - Tsukuba and Motegi Lap Record
Comfort Soft

CAR : Nissan GTR '07
Tire : Comfort Soft

Specs
Horsepower: 473 HP / 480 PS at 6800 RPM
Torque : 442.6 ft-lb at 3500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 97.8%
Weight: 1740 kg - official curb weight
Ballast : 192 kg
Weight Distribution : 55 / 45 as in real life
Performance Points: 526

GT AUTO
NO OIL change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD )
Wheels : Stock
Car Paint : Silver or Red

Tuning Parts Installed :
Weight Reduction Stage 1

Suspension - Bilstein Damptronic with Stock Ride Height + Factory Nissan Street / Daily Driving Alignment
Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 1.4 1.4 ( factory : F -1.44 to -1.51, R -1.40 to -1.73)
Toe Angle: 0.10 0.10 ( factory : F Toe Out 0.9mm or 1/8" to 1/16" to Toe In 1.5mm, R Toe Out 0.3mm to Toe In 3.7mm ) GT6 values : F -0.22 to 0.10, R -0.02 to 0.26 range.

Suspension - Bilstein Damptronic with Stock Ride Height + Factory Nissan Sport / Track Alignment
Front, Rear

Toe Angle: -0.06 0.10 ( factory : F Toe Out 0.9mm or 1/8" to 1/16" to Toe In 1.5mm, R Toe Out 0.3mm to Toe In 3.7mm ) GT6 values : F -0.22 to 0.10, R -0.02 to 0.26 range.

Suspension - Bilstein Damptronic with Stock Ride Height + Factory Nissan Street / Daily Driving Alignment - Personal Setup
Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 1.3 1.4 ( factory : F -1.44 to -1.76, R -1.40 to -1.73)
Toe Angle: -0.15 0.15 ( factory : F Toe Out 0.9mm or 1/8" to 1/16" to Toe In 1.5mm, R Toe Out 0.3mm to Toe In 3.7mm ) GT6 values : F -0.22 to 0.10, R -0.02 to 0.26 range.

Suspension - Bilstein Damptronic with Stock Ride Height + Factory Nissan Sports / Track Alignment - Personal Setup
Front, Rear

Toe Angle: -0.22 0.00 ( factory : F Toe Out 0.9mm or 1/8" to 1/16" to Toe In 1.5mm, R Toe Out 0.3mm to Toe In 3.7mm ) GT6 values : F -0.22 to 0.10, R -0.02 to 0.26 range.

AERO:
FRONT : 20 ( Fixed )
REAR : 20 ( Fixed )

Brake Balance:
6/8 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 6/8, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend to run 6/8 for ABS 1.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 6/8 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
The Nissan GTR is one of the car that I have so many in the garage :lol: Ever since GT5, I had about 20 of these at all times and in GT6, I have about 10 or so now, all are replicas.

This one is the most basic replica, with stock tune and some corrections on power, suspension and weight distribution.

Power has been reduced to 473HP / 480PS to reflect official power as tested on Best Motoring, weight at 1740kg ( official curb weight value ) and weight distribution at 55/45 - as measured from corner weight.

I researched quite a lot to find the CBA-R35 GTR 1st gen spring rate, then I stumbled a GTR owner who had a chance to speak with one of the Nissan GTR key engineer during a special GTR promo event. He posted the spring rate, many doubted him, but after doing more research on later model year spring rate increase and the NISMO package, I decided to believe and used it for this replica build.

Stock spring rate : F 550lb/in and R 300lb/in, this translate to F 9.82kg/mm and R 5.36kg/mm ( rounded for GT6 ) Stock ride height is retained, with damper has been tweaked for optimum handling balance and ARB to reduce push on entry, soft but not harsh. The Nissan GTR spring rate gets higher/changed every model year from 2008 onwards.

Camber and toe uses early GTR factory manual alignment presets, later models have 3 preset, daily city driving, sports and track. The changes are very minor, slightly higher camber and similar toe range. For this replica, I provided 2 preset, daily/city/street and sports/track. I obtained these from GTR forum, taken from early gen GTR manual. Another 2 are my own personal setup based on the factory alignment. Try all of them and notice the difference, pick one that suits you best, or simply play around with the value range.

I mainly tested the car at Tsukuba and Motegi Road Course. These 2 tracks have been the proving grounds for the GTR on Best Motoring show.

Keiichi Tsuchiya posted 1:02.125 lap time at Tsukuba on stock GTR with Dunlop OEM tires. Aim for this time or better.
In 2009, MCR owned Nissan GTR '09 model, in stock form, driven by Keiichi Tsuchiya posted a best lap of 1:01.931 at Tsukuba :eek: My test lap was 1:01.4xxx on 2nd lap run using my personal setup sports/track alignment preset.

Naoki Hattori posted 2:07.600 lap time at Motegi Road Course on stock GTR with Dunlop OEM - SP Sport 600 DSST tires. My test lap was 2:07.4xxx on 1st lap run using my personal setup street/daily driving alignment preset.

If you want added challenge, run the car at Nordschleife and aim to beat 7:26.700, driven by the legend Toshio Suzuki ( 480PS/1740kg ) back in 2008.

S, Ascari Race Resort 10-Lap Challenge : Ascari Full Track, CS, Sports / Track Alignment - Personal Setup, ABS 1, Winner

👍

I think the Lotus GT4 isn't OK. Too unstable for a race car. :scared: :cheers:

S, Ascari Race Resort 10-Lap Challenge : Ascari Full Track, CS, Sports / Track Alignment - Personal Setup, ABS 1, Winner

👍

I think the Lotus GT4 isn't OK. Too unstable for a race car. :scared: :cheers:

Happy hearing about the GTR :) Will look into the Evora GT4, how does it feel unstable ? under braking or on exit ? oversteer ?

Back