RiMS Racing

• Thread starter nobfung
  • 95 comments
I got rims for ps5, played it a few short times, and im loving it, in helmet view, no aids, full physics.

I like the hardcore style gameplay, even if not perfect. Didn't like it at 1st but after trying it more, grows on me more and more.

You can feel well at the limit the handling and ride at the edge and a little over it.

Certainly much more than ride 4 for me, with it's floaty, arcade, slidy feel.

R4 is fun as well, in a more arcadey way, with weird quirks, like the rear brake when you use it barely approaching a curve, it slides/locks a little, you let go of the rear brake, 3 secs later you lean and the rear is still in it's rear brake slide lol, and makes it slide out like on ice...etc.

Back to rims:
Plus you have the wear and tear you can feel and check on the bike.

Pretty smooth on ps5, small stutters sometimes.

Replays have 2 tv track side choices, 1 with fixed cam which i like, where you can follow the lines you used.
I've mostly stayed out of this thread because I actually enjoy RiMS racing... It is definitely quirky but I like it... and, it's a game. Just like all these other games. I honestly don't think Tourist Trophy is that great - not today (and I have a PS2 set up in my room and play it once in a blue moon), sure, a decade ago it was the ****, but not anymore. It's just boring by todays standards. I mean, it still does a lot right - trust me, I'm not hating on it (I still have a brand new sealed copy, and two copies open. LOL!!), but the newer games are much better. Just me.

Back to RiMS, I like a lot of the aspects that this game introduced (like the wear and tear on a bike). Anyway, keep enjoying all that this games have to offer.

I got rims for ps5, played it a few short times, and im loving it, in helmet view, no aids, full physics.

I like the hardcore style gameplay, even if not perfect. Didn't like it at 1st but after trying it more, grows on me more and more.

You can feel well at the limit the handling and ride at the edge and a little over it.

Certainly much more than ride 4 for me, with it's floaty, arcade, slidy feel.

R4 is fun as well, in a more arcadey way, with weird quirks, like the rear brake when you use it barely approaching a curve, it slides/locks a little, you let go of the rear brake, 3 secs later you lean and the rear is still in it's rear brake slide lol, and makes it slide out like on ice...etc.

Back to rims:
Plus you have the wear and tear you can feel and check on the bike.

Pretty smooth on ps5, small stutters sometimes.

Replays have 2 tv track side choices, 1 with fixed cam which i like, where you can follow the lines you used.
That's the thing about RIMS racing see, it's got an in-depth physics model, much more nuanced than Ride 4, and you really have to be careful with the braking or aggressively powering out of corners or over curbs. It's very close to the feel of an actual superbike and the helmet cam is just heavenly.

Too bad it's got no HDR and the bike sounds are just above average. But I'm willing to cut it some slack as the on track riding experience is so incredible.

The same guys are working on TT3, hopefully that'll be good this time around.

Last edited:
That's the thing about RIMS racing see, it's got an in-depth physics model, much more nuanced than Ride 4, and you really have to be careful with the braking or aggressively powering out of corners or over curbs. It's very close to the feel of an actual superbike and the helmet cam is just heavenly.

Too bad it's got no HDR and the bike sounds are just above average. But I'm willing to cut it some slack as the on track riding experience is so incredible.

The same guys are working on TT3, hopefully that'll be good this time around.
Yeah im looking forward to it, rims kinda ruined iom2 for me a little, so ill be glad for iom3 from them.
I love the main circuit in iom2, even other tracks.
Too bad in rims the extra fantasy tracks are stages, not loops you can lap.

Edit: just did try again iom2 main circuit with the big norton, what an experience in helmet pov.

Sound is good too, and in bc mode on ps5 it runs much better, i noticed it made me crash much less often.

The immersion with the shadows of trees on track is amazing.
Just the ride at the limit is pretty thin margin with so brief feel before crashing in iom2, if iom3 can be more like rims for that, it be great.

Still love iom2, just need be carefull.

Last edited:
Yeah im looking forward to it, rims kinda ruined iom2 for me a little, so ill be glad for iom3 from them.
I love the main circuit in iom2, even other tracks.
Too bad in rims the extra fantasy tracks are stages, not loops you can lap.

Edit: just did try again iom2 main circuit with the big norton, what an experience in helmet pov.

Sound is good too, and in bc mode on ps5 it runs much better, i noticed it made me crash much less often.

The immersion with the shadows of trees on track is amazing.
Just the ride at the limit is pretty thin margin with so brief feel before crashing in iom2, if iom3 can be more like rims for that, it be great.

Still love iom2, just need be carefull.
I generally liked IOMTT2. But I don't know why they added unlimited grip to the rear tire. You just cannot slide the rear tire no matter what you do. Pretty much mash the throttle on a low speed corner exit and nothing happens.

That ruined the game for me 100%. It's like playing Forza or Assetto Corsa with traction control stuck on max permanently.

Last edited:
I generally liked IOMTT2. But I don't know why they added unlimited grip to the rear tire. You just cannot slide the rear tire no matter what you do. Pretty much mash the throttle on a low speed corner exit and nothing happens.

That ruined the game for me 100%. It's like playing Forza or Assetto Corsa with traction control stuck on max permanently.
Yeah, some things i prefered in iom1, like loss of grip feel in front too.
At least its back in rims, and probably in iom3.

Yeah, some things i prefered in iom1, like loss of grip feel in front too.
At least its back in rims, and probably in iom3.
The first IOMTT game is actually very good. I love the tall learning curve and once you get used to it, it's extremely rewarding. The graphics are ridiculously good,way better than IOMTT2 and so are the bike sounds.

Rims racing is awesome, but I wish they would focus more on the animations and bike sounds in the follow up, whenever that's coming.

Back