Ring Rats … this thread closed

• Thread starter GTP_Nail
  • 131 comments
Yupp, E.T. was an alien. And people cried in the movie theaters when he was finally picked up by his people and went home.

e-t-phone-home.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry Ned, i won't be able to join today as I'm away on business in Cape Town. I should be back for the session next week.

No, but We would love to have you any time. I have never seen this before , but I submitted an entry to see what would happen... lol.

Okay, thank you for your answer...
I know what it is meanwhile.. so you can delete the above message if you like, since it is not your topic
Greetz Ralph

no any racing at the ring is fine with us and we routinely join other league races. Where did you run into that thread?

no any racing at the ring is fine with us and we routinely join other league races. Where did you run into that thread?

Someone tagged me in it on Facebook, but I couldn't find anything about it or how "old" it is....the only thing I did find was your tread here, therefore my question

Last edited:
strange...as it is not listed on the first two pages of GTP races and series... come race with us....send me a fr.

IMG_3708.JPG

VLN series fun at the Ring v starts at 1330 Central US. Gr4 this week . No tuning. N24, night
Less than six.....we will have fun or stupidly fun events
6 or more 45 min races
8 or more 90 minutes race
10 or more two class 90 minute race
12 or more two class 2 hour.
See ya there.
Thanks to @Neutty and @SAMHAIN85 for the fun at the SNAIL 90 min at the Ring. I hate the 24 Hr course!!!!

Last edited:
My take on what we want to vis a vis our Long Distance races. Comments please...I will post to IRS, A new Forum post, my convo and VLN Thread asap. I hope this becomes a Quarterly event that people want to do to have a good time and race without fear of getting pushed out of the way , well, on purpose..lol.

This coming Sunday Afternoon, the 19th of May the VLN will present the first of its Quarterly Gentleman’s 2.4 Hours of the Ring

Races will alternate between races on the N24 Circuit In the DARK and the Nordschleife set to late afternoon .

We will fine tune classes as we go but the first will be open to all Gr2 cars with GTS BOP and no tuning. The second class will be Gr4 with GTS BOP and no tuning.

Damage will be heavy.

Should we have fewer than 12 drivers we will run the lesser class (Gr4 this time) in a BOP room with no tuning.

We will run a second room if necessary ( over 16 drivers indicating their wish to attend)with drivers split equally by class and speed so as to promote close dicing and to have interclass overtakes.

There will be one mandatory 5 minute pit stop to simulate a Driver change.

Standard livery is forbidden.

These races will be run to RING RAT rules ( such as they might be) found in post 1 on the VLN thread

Qualifying is the fastest lap you turn after the room opens 90 minutes prior to the race. But remember that should a room crash those settings will be lost and the grid will revert to random.

Entry is open to all.

Merely post car on this thread with your Curriculum vitae.

Faster more accomplished drivers should pick the faster class.

Rooms will be private so FR me (@GTP_Nail) and the second room host ( TBD).

This “pardon me, no after you” racing like a true Gentleman’s League. You can go like mad but pass with extreme care. Idiots will not be tolerated.

Oops my bad.....thanks to the normal cast of nere do wells...and to the “ New Guys” who outnumbered us...:crazy:.
Welcome to @STURRIDGE , @dr_hash @high-y-an-916
@SailorJerry, and @shosse97

I assume that if the link does not work they are non gtp so I will have to contact them through the community.

upload_2019-5-17_18-36-1.jpeg

This coming Sunday Afternoon, the 2d of June the VLN will present the first of its Quarterly Gentleman’s 2.4 Hours of the Ring

Races will alternate between races on the N24 Circuit In the DARK and the Nordschleife set to late afternoon .

We will fine tune classes as we go but the first will be open to all Gr2 cars with GTS BOP and no tuning. The second class will be Gr4 with GTS BOP and no tuning.

Damage will be heavy.

Should we have fewer than 12 drivers we will run the lesser class (Gr4 this time) in a BOP room with no tuning.

We will run a second room if necessary ( over 16 drivers indicating their wish to attend)with drivers split equally by class and speed so as to promote close dicing and to have interclass overtakes.

There will be one mandatory 5 minute pit stop to simulate a Driver change.

Standard livery is forbidden.

These races will be run to RING RAT rules ( such as they might be) found in post 1 on the VLN thread

Qualifying is the fastest lap you turn after the room opens 90 minutes prior to the race. But remember that should a room crash those settings will be lost and the grid will revert to random.

Entry is open to all.

Merely post car on this thread with your Curriculum vitae.

Faster more accomplished drivers should pick the faster class.

Rooms will be private so FR me (@GTP_Nail) and the second room host ( TBD).

This is “pardon me, no after you” racing like a true Gentleman’s League. You can go like mad but pass with extreme care. Idiots will not be tolerated.

8e5f0b81-38f7-45eb-93a0-936b2c6748d9-jpeg.821263

Last edited:
I have lost track of Ring Rats events and never see you-line anymore.

Do I need to set up a calendar reminder, to find you?

1966 German Gran Prix poster.jpg

I actually have this original poster on my Wall...see below!!!!

Boost Racing tomorrow with under 8 guys

Endurance racing with over 8 guys. If so GP3 45 or 90 min
as usual BOP, No tuning, random grid, Heavy Damage.
Room will open at 12 ish Central (Zulu minus 5)

IMG_0287.jpg

Back