Rinsky's 2021 MSN / Rinsky's 2022 Final Tour Archives

Holy cow, that is a long lap at St. Croix, I pity anyone who smacks the wall at T1 and gets heavy damage, you might lose 5 laps meandering back to the pits. Its also a lot of pavement to memorize.
Yeah I haven't done many laps on it and am struggling to learn it, still I learned the Nord....German one I can learn this. Last race the damage just effected the steering (for me at least) here I've lost the engine a few times in practice, definitely going to be a less haste more speed type of race.

I agree that it certainly is a long lap. Great point about limping around from T1, I hadn't thought about that! I learned this track back in July when there was an FIA race with the F1500. It's a fun track once you get used to it. I like that it is a wide track which leaves room for error. I haven't driven on it much since July, so I will need to do some refreshing of my memory. I recall that the few turns before the bridge were a struggle spot for me, and also the very last turn before the pits. That one is tighter than it looks. At least if I hit the wall at that turn it's a quick limp into the pit box :).

Looking forward to it. By the end of 90 minutes on that track, we may all have it finally figured out :cheers:!

Holy cow, that is a long lap at St. Croix, I pity anyone who smacks the wall at T1 and gets heavy damage, you might lose 5 laps meandering back to the pits. Its also a lot of pavement to memorize.
St. Croix C is the longest track on the regular Gr.3 scheduled this year. The longer the lap the longer it will take you to be lapped.

For the July race at Northern Isle Speedway. You'll lose about 2.5 laps just taking on a full fuel load and tire.

Oh, don't forget to practice for the Supercar series race this Saturday.

I agree that it certainly is a long lap. Great point about limping around from T1, I hadn't thought about that! I learned this track back in July when there was an FIA race with the F1500. It's a fun track once you get used to it. I like that it is a wide track which leaves room for error. I haven't driven on it much since July, so I will need to do some refreshing of my memory. I recall that the few turns before the bridge were a struggle spot for me, and also the very last turn before the pits. That one is tighter than it looks. At least if I hit the wall at that turn it's a quick limp into the pit box :).

Looking forward to it. By the end of 90 minutes on that track, we may all have it finally figured out :cheers:!
The C layout is my favorite of St. Croix configurations because of the long straights. But, I really like St. Croix tracks in general because they have a very historic rural road circuit feel to them. Before we cared if race drivers survived. I use them a lot for historic cars races.

Take note lack of off track run off room, simple outdated safety features, and civilian buildings that line the sides of track. The track barrier is mostly just a guardrails with a few tire barriers here and there. These tracks would never pass modern safely standards for a racing series that I know of.

They are very fun tracks once you learn them. The each configuration has it own degree of difficulty. All contain sections that are unique that layout. Though if I had to vote. I considered give the A configuration to most difficult. That multiple corner still stomps.

Last edited:
Last edited:

I am just mainly struggling with 2 corners yet, one is early in the lap, its a right hander that is slower than it looks and I keep going into the grass, the other is a left shortly after that right in which I keep going in the sand. C is kind of a weird layout, its like I recognize every section from the other St. Croix tracks but some are backwards and some a normal direction.

I am just mainly struggling with 2 corners yet, one is early in the lap, its a right hander that is slower than it looks and I keep going into the grass, the other is a left shortly after that right in which I keep going in the sand. C is kind of a weird layout, its like I recognize every section from the other St. Croix tracks but some are backwards and some a normal direction.
This is the layout for the circuit experience. If you need it. Later half of course is original to the layout.

Last edited:
I have decided that I'm going to synchronize the lobby schedule for both my series starting with the February race for this series.

The lobby for regular season race will still open by 6:30pm Eastern US. Qualifying / Race will now start 7:30pm. Regardless of Qualifying or Race length.

Lobby Schedule and Times

Saturdays Night

Practice Start
Sat 6:30 pm Eastern Standard
Sat 3:30 pm Pacific Standard
Sun 12:30 am Central Europe Standard

Qualifying / Race Start
Sat 7:30 pm EST
Sat 4:30 pm PST
Sun 1:30 am CET

@fastone371 @racefan88 @ToxicBacon @Jarkulary @john_ydg @Norrin Radd
@rhcpeppers

I would like to announce that as long as I have power. Saturday February 6th is race 2 of 2021 season. And the first race in your Gr.3 car of choice. The 6.73 mile Circuit de Sainte-Croix - C is the Gr.3 season opener. I hope you have all been practicing the correct layout.

As for if I still power part. Some clouds are currently dumping a lot of that white stuff in my area or the less likely possibly that some divine being has really really bad dandruff. Either way since I can't afford to resident in a place with below ground power lines. There is a possibility I could get stuck without power. Should that occur. I do my to keep you all updated until my phone runs out of charge. As of now not even a flicker.

Oh, for those unaware GT Sport has updated BOP for the Gr.3 and Gr4 classes. And sorry some of are chosen rides have been hit. While the Gr.4 cars are already lock in for everyone who started the Gr.4 season opener. Gr.3 cars may still be changed to an available car until the start of your first race.

Anyone who did start the Gr.4 season opener. I recommend you review the Car Change Policy to know what you are agreeing to before you decide to change your Gr.4.

Car Change Policy

You are welcome to change your after any race. What's the catch. You will not score any points for your first race with your new ride. However you will still receive any penalties earned.

@fastone371 @racefan88 @ToxicBacon @Jarkulary @john_ydg @Norrin Radd
@rhcpeppers

I would like to announce that as long as I have power. Saturday February 6th is race 2 of 2021 season. And the first race in your Gr.3 car of choice. The 6.73 mile Circuit de Sainte-Croix - C is the Gr.3 season opener. I hope you have all been practicing the correct layout.

As for if I still power part. Some clouds are currently dumping a lot of that white stuff in my area or the less likely possibly that some divine being has really really bad dandruff. Either way since I can't afford to resident in a place with below ground power lines. There is a possibility I could get stuck without power. Should that occur. I do my to keep you all updated until my phone runs out of charge. As of now not even a flicker.

Oh, for those unaware GT Sport has updated BOP for the Gr.3 and Gr4 classes. And sorry some of are chosen rides have been hit. While the Gr.4 cars are already lock in for everyone who started the Gr.4 season opener. Gr.3 cars may still be changed to an available car until the start of your first race.

Anyone who did start the Gr.4 season opener. I recommend you review the Car Change Policy to know what you are agreeing to before you decide to change your Gr.4.

Car Change Policy

You are welcome to change your after any race. What's the catch. You will not score any points for your first race with your new ride. However you will still receive any penalties earned.

My GR4 Citroen has to carry 1% more weight, not a big deal. It seems to me that when BOP adjustments are made it is usually to make the field more even so all in all its probably a good thing. If anyone thinks more power is always an advantage the TT got a horsepower boost if anyone is willing to give it a try. :D

My GR4 Citroen has to carry 1% more weight, not a big deal. It seems to me that when BOP adjustments are made it is usually to make the field more even so all in all its probably a good thing. If anyone thinks more power is always an advantage the TT got a horsepower boost if anyone is willing to give it a try. :D
It can change more than you would think. I've had minor BOP changes completely ruin cars for me. The Audi TT is already one of best accelerating cars in Gr.4. Not sure they feel it needed a power boost. Maybe Audi is paying off PDI.

Well it's still snowing here tonight. Local airport has reported over 22 inches of snow. And this storm is not scheduled to end until about 4pm Tuesday local time. As of now I do still have power and plan host the race as scheduled. I probably wouldn't going anywhere for a while. This is biggest snow storm this area has seen years. And I'm sure our local city services have probably failed to properly prepared for this storm.

It can change more than you would think. I've had minor BOP changes completely ruin cars for me. The Audi TT is already one of best accelerating cars in Gr.4. Not sure they feel it needed a power boost. Maybe Audi is paying off PDI.

I dont expect I will notice the 1% penalty. I raced a GR4 series that used up to 3% additional weight as a winners penalty, everytime you consecutively finished in the top 3 you were required to carry 1% more weight, I never really noticed a difference with a few different cars.

Thanks! Central Time Zone (Mexico City)
Next Race

February 6th
Circuit de Sainte - Croix C
90 Minutes
Gr.3
Afternoon 13:20 Clear
Fuel x3
Tires x5
Grid Start
Qualifying 13 Minutes
Corner Penalties Strong

@Cold Warrior If there is room for this Saturday I would like to join since I have a free weekend. I would most likely be a Part-time member as my schedule is always in flux plus my Fiancé and I are planning our wedding so I'm not sure how much time I can give to this series. Let me know if I can join in this weekend.

@Cold Warrior If there is room for this Saturday I would like to join since I have a free weekend. I would most likely be a Part-time member as my schedule is always in flux plus my Fiancé and I are planning our wedding so I'm not sure how much time I can give to this series. Let me know if I can join in this weekend.
Yes there is room. Pick a Gr.3 and Gr.4 car that is still available. You may mix manufacturer. The Gr.3 schedule has a lot of fast tracks with long straights and the Gr.4 schedule has a lot technical track. This Saturday is Gr.3 so I would focus on that class first.

Unavailable Car List

Gr.3 Class

Porsche 911

Gr.4 Class

Dodge Viper
Ferrari 458

Next Race

February 6th
Circuit de Sainte - Croix C
90 Minutes
Gr.3
Afternoon 13:20 Clear
Fuel x3
Tires x5
Grid Start
Qualifying 13 Minutes
Corner Penalties Strong​

Last edited:
Can I still change my Gr.3 car? I did some practice and I felt terrible in it. (This will be my first race in this league)
You can freely change your car as long as you didn't start a race with that class.

Back