Rival Cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kent
  • 77 comments
  • 4,717 views
niky
Hmm, the 156 can handle? Gotta find out. But make no mistake, the S60 can DEFINITELY handle. It's one of the fastest FF Sedans in the game, if not THE fastest. That's Sedan mind you, doesn't include hatches and coupes.

The E55 does have 4 doors. E55 vs. S-Type is a good match. HP vs. handling.

Try the RS4 vs. the M3... you might be surprised how little difference that HP makes on track. :)

Older alfas hade great handling and i dont think that the new ones has gotten worse.
Thanks on the Mercedes model, they all have tha same namne. ;)
I'm going to take them all for a spin later today.
 
*nudge* Mazda AZ-1 and Honda Beat.. try that out.
 
Cobra_UK
I actually suggested that on the 2nd page in my post and you completely ignored me. :(

Sorry about that, but try to understand that I didn't ignore you... Rather, I missed, skipped, or forgot your post.

There is a difference to me since what I did was a mistake and what you are implying is that I did what happened on purpose. :(

Regarding that XKR .vs. DB9 combo...
I tuned them up yesterday in gt mode and found a way to get nearly identical pwrs.
(DB9= 2.574pwr/ 551hp/ 1419kg
XKR= 2.577pwr/ 559hp/ 1440kg)

Even better than a pwr is the fact that both can use after-market spoilers.

Also, on a side note...
Have you all tried the XKR?
The transmission on it may be one of the fastest transmissions in the game. Nearly or just as fast as the Nissan GT-R Concept (road and race) Car.

Might want to check that out if any of you haven't had the chance to try it.

Anyway, sorry for the trouble UK_Cobra...

Catch you all later today after I finish school. :D
 
Leonidae
*nudge* Mazda AZ-1 and Honda Beat. Try that out.

I really like the Mazda AZ-1, it'd be a really cool car to have in a busy city centre. So cute. I also like the Honda Beat's doors. I'm going to tune them both up to the top and see how they perform. Not a patch on a race between 2 race spec Skylines for example but why not? Might be fun. I did a Miget race in GT2 and I still have the replay to this day. :)
 
Kent
Sorry about that, but try to understand that I didn't ignore you... Rather, I missed, skipped, or forgot your post.

There is a difference to me since what I did was a mistake and what you are implying is that I did what happened on purpose. :(

To be honest I wasn't sure if it was on purpose. I'm glad you found out for yourself anyway. Yeah slap some spoilers on those cars and max the downforce and you'l have great time racing those 2 cars. Pure British style and raw power in abundance. It's all good. Have fun. :)

EDIT: Soz for the double post people.
 
I thought I had one with the E55/M5 deal, but I even read that...

Um.... Focus RS versus the SRT-4? Hyundai Tiburon versus the Seat Ibiza?
 
Some real life rivalries that made it into GT4 (model year between the two cars may be off by a year or so)

Toyota GT-One and BMW LMR

Audi R8 and Bentley Speed 8

McLaren F1 Longtail & Mercedes CLK GTR (should've also included Porsche as well)

The nicest rivalry cars has to be the rally cars. Only because they are all very similar in power so no one car has any real advantage. I love seeing how the handling of the cars change as the later model years clearly has better handling prowess.
 
icon
Some real life rivalries that made it into GT4 (model year between the two cars may be off by a year or so)

Toyota GT-One and BMW LMR

Audi R8 and Bentley Speed 8

McLaren F1 Longtail & Mercedes CLK GTR (should've also included Porsche as well)

The nicest rivalry cars has to be the rally cars. Only because they are all very similar in power so no one car has any real advantage. I love seeing how the handling of the cars change as the later model years clearly has better handling prowess.
The first one is quite a feasible competition, as those two cars are ferouciosly even.

The R8 never raced the Speed 8, as instead of entering the R8, they gave it a roof and entered the Speed 8 (not really though). The R8 is faster due to higher rev ranges (the Speed 8 is based around a modified rule structure, slightly different than the R8's), but the Speed 8 saves tires slightly more.

The McLaren is owned by the CLK-GTR (just like it was in real life), but the CLK has horrible (and I mean it, literally horrible) tire life. A better competition would be Nissan R-390 vs. CLK-GTR and Pagani Zonda C12 LM vs. McLaren F1 GTR.
 
Toronado
The R8 never raced the Speed 8, as instead of entering the R8, they gave it a roof and entered the Speed 8 (not really though). The R8 is faster due to higher rev ranges (the Speed 8 is based around a modified rule structure, slightly different than the R8's), but the Speed 8 saves tires slightly more.

Allow me to correct you. :lol:

http://historique.lemans.org/ACO/Year/searchclassfin.php3?lg=eng&s=d&recherche=2003

That's the official 24hours of LeMans site. 👍

Notice how this is a results sheet for 2003 and the first three entries clearly read...
Speed 8
Speed 8
R8
R8

Now you might still be right. :confused:

But if you are, I suggest you tell the people at the official 24 hours site to get their history sheets and records keeping in order. :lol:

Just kidding with you but then again, you set yourself up for this. ;)

No really, I mean no insult. :guilty:
Just wanted to correct you so that the mistake didn't occur again. :D

btw, just to make sure you guys get that the links are legit...

http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans/live/pages/retro/historique_gb.html
(then go to search by year and get to...)
http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans/live/pages/retro/historique_gb.html
(then use "2003")

That will take you to the results page I linked above. 👍

See, I do my research. ;)
 
:lol: I found that a Viper GTS-R concept with light tuning puts up a great fight with the American Championchip racers. (That's the Competition GTS-R, C5R, 2J, etc.)
 
@Jetboy: Focus vs. SRT4? Not a good contest. Try this one: Focus RS vs. Clio V6 Phase II. It's good for a whole bunch of laughs.
 
Kent
Allow me to correct you. :lol:

http://historique.lemans.org/ACO/Year/searchclassfin.php3?lg=eng&s=d&recherche=2003

That's the official 24hours of LeMans site. 👍

Notice how this is a results sheet for 2003 and the first three entries clearly read...
Speed 8
Speed 8
R8
R8
My mistake. I meant entered officially by Volkswagen-Audi Group. The R8's that year (I believe) were privtely entered, whereas the Speed 8's were factory backed. I should have worded it better. Also, that's four entries, not three ;)
 
Has anyone said this?

Aston Martin Vanquish VS. BMW M3 CSL
 
Hey all,

First off, tornado, notice I said "the first three entries" not "here are three." :rolleyes:
And don't sweat that factory backed stuff. :lol:
Excuses don't work with me. ;) :lol:

Anyway... To the point...

I'm looking for the best rival to the BMW M3 GTR Race Car.
I've played with a bunch of contenders...
RX8 LM, RX7 LM, Audi A4 Touring Car, MB CLK Touring Car, NSX LM, 350Z LM...

What do you all think the best rival for the M3 Race Car is?

Thanks for your time and opinions.
Any testing to back your statements is much appreciated. 👍

Till next time,
-Kent
 
Although they aren't true rivals, as the are both Cheverolets, has anyone compared the Camaro LM Race Car and the Corvette C5R? I only have the Camaro LM, and from what I've experienced in Mission 29 they seem pretty even, although the Camaro is a bit nimbler.
 
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=69660

These are the Online Racing Results from the WRS here at GTplanet.

I set the race up because of request but rigged the power and weight settings to make the cars as even as possible.

The results reflect not only which cars are fast, but which cars handled the best (as people tend to choose the best handling and most powerful cars).

The contenders were...
Oreca Viper, C5R, Camaro LM, Ford GT.

The viper and the GT were the big hitters but some of the brave racers were willing to try the Camaro and Vette- they didn't do as well as the others. :(

But none the less, they were competitive and fast. 👍
Take a look at the results and if you really want to see the depth of the comparison take the time to check out the actual race thread and not just the results...
Found here...
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=69307
 
Couldnt see that anyone had said this:

Lotus Elise Vs Vauxhall VX220/Opel Speedster
 
Back