ProjectWHaT
Rivian to reveal the R2 on March 7th

1708323516228.png

It has been allegedly spotted ahead of the reveal event

1708323564015.png

Scaringe just Billy Mays'd everybody.

Loving the R2 and R3.

Last edited:
Those are dope. Wonder what the R4 and R5 will look like. ;)
That badge on the steering wheel reminds me of...

I was disappointed in the R3X only because I thought they were going to roll out a kei truck R4 :lol:

Does the R2 have a rolldown rear window? Because it looks like it does. If so, I will look at one when it comes time to buy another vehicle.

While speaking with Rivian’s chief design officer Jeff Hammond, however, The Drive found out that it was partially inspired by these Group B legends.

“Our initial sort of ethos or inspiration for R3 was how can we take something that builds off the Rivian brand, is still capable offroad, but is really about the joy of driving,” Hammond told The Drive. “All that inspiration [was focused on] the soul of rally cars. If you look at some of the old cars like the Lancia Delta Integrale or Audi Quattro, those were the types of things we looked at and how could we do something that's in the Rivian brand and feels like us, but evokes that feeling.”

I’m all for that Eighties square bizz. It’s a car I’d be happy to keep(until I see the bill for replacement battery!).

In the Out of Spec video around the seven minute mark they mention that the rear window rolls down.

Rolldown rear window and venting side windows. That dude is spot on saying that 4Runner fans are going to love it because I do love that.

I really like the R3 (not so keen o the R3X) but personally I would prefer each of them to have their own face but still be recognisably a Rivian.

Honestly I might end up putting a deposit down on an R3 depending whatever else comes onto market. By then I should be in a position for an EV daily. Plus I don't think my crappy old Rav4 will survive that long lmao.

The only thing that freaks me out about these new Rivians is that the wheels are HUGE. Like HYOOOOGE. Tires gonna cost a small fortune lol.

Those look a lot larger than 19s lol. You also need the high load rating because the cars are so heavy

Latest Posts

Back