RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

keef123
Juliet kicks ass in the new seasonals. Even though she is well under the pp limit it's an unfair race.

👍 I only actually did one race with her, the first one, but I won even after about 5 mistakes. Too bad Romeo can't join her, as for some reason he isn't considered a 'normal car' :dunce:

👍 I only actually did one race with her, the first one, but I won even after about 5 mistakes. Too bad Romeo can't join her, as for some reason he isn't considered a 'normal car' :dunce:

Well he is racing modified. :P

Glad you're all liking Juliet for these new seasonals! 👍

Well he is racing modified. :P

Then why is he showing up in the garage when I select a car within the limit? :boggled: Would also have given (a power limited and ballasted) Blackpool Tuscan a try if this wasn't the case. :(

Then why is he showing up in the garage when I select a car within the limit? :boggled: Would also have given (a power limited and ballasted) Blackpool Tuscan a try if this wasn't the case. :(

I noticed this with both my Tuscan and all three RM Lotus Elises I have, I ended up having to buy a second 96 Elise for the seasonal. Seems RM cars aren't eligible but haven't been filtered from the garage screen

Your 908 setting had me round the ring in 7 minutes 27 on the latest time trial, just had to lower the top speed, add some ballast and lower my power, and it flew :P. First lap that too.

Would it not be an advantage using a mid-range turbo over the high for normal racing? Mid ranged produces 920bhp@4500rpm with 164kgfm@4000 whereas the high-range produces 922bhp@6500rmp with just 140kgfm@4000rmp

Only had a quick play and peek at the power curves so not 100% on this :P.

I'm half way through reviewing Rotary Junkie's tunes actually :P. I'm just doing small reviews, seeing I have about 80% of your tunes :P. The one's I don't have I just simply don't have the car.

Would it not be an advantage using a mid-range turbo over the high for normal racing? Mid ranged produces 920bhp@4500rpm with 164kgfm@4000 whereas the high-range produces 922bhp@6500rmp with just 140kgfm@4000rmp

I'd say it depends on the track. The mid-range gives you a very small powerband and the high-range gives you a very wide one. If the track was small and twisty, you'd be better with the mid, but if you're on big and sweepy tracks, the high-range one will be better.

I'd say it depends on the track. The mid-range gives you a very small powerband and the high-range gives you a very wide one. If the track was small and twisty, you'd be better with the mid, but if you're on big and sweepy tracks, the high-range one will be better.

I think I might be getting torque happy :P lately I've been outfitting everything for maximum torque, I should probably actually look at the power graph occasionally :P. Thanks for clearing that up ^.^

And what a pretty couple you guys are. :lol:
I'm the cute one. :embarrassed:
I think I might be getting torque happy :P lately I've been outfitting everything for maximum torque, I should probably actually look at the power graph occasionally :P. Thanks for clearing that up ^.^

Yeah, sometimes you'll actually go faster with less power if your powerband is more accessible. :)👍

Edit: I'd just like to point out that I'm less than 12 days away from my holiday, so please hold off sending me anything as I've not got the time to do anything other than pack and making sure my car is serviced before I leave. Thank you!

Last edited:
OK IM NEW TO THIS GAME COMPLETELY~ SO HERE GOES.
I tried the Gallardo LP710 Superleggera (or 2008 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4, what is it O_O), and i seem to slide around a lot. I mean, I like the fact that i'm drifting, so it looks cool on replay, but when I'm racing, it's difficult keep up with the other cars. Is there anyway to increase traction or control or whateverness so i don't slide around? or is it just me? (A slight reduction in speed is A-OK, i seem to completely dominate if the track is straight because it's so fast..)

Also, could you try out the INFAMOUS (OR FAMOUS IDK) S2000 GT1 Turbo? I really want to get this car, and you guys seem to have these settings down really well. thanks in advance :)

I've got a tuning adjustment question... What changes would you make to a tune if you were running less HP then the tune was set up for? For example, say I'm setting up a BMW M5 for 500 PP on Sports Hard tires. I love your tune, and I would assume the suspension would transfer over without adjustment. What about the LSD? Any basic hints about which way to go with it? I've never really messed with an LSD, so I'm not sure how it all works in the game.

Just thought I'd post up my photos of my own Deathscythe Camaro RM, in all it's pink glory!

5865304638_cb66a450d9.jpg
5865304724_e1b4101880.jpg

Just thought I'd post up my photos of my own Deathscythe Camaro RM, in all it's pink glory!

You've made Deathscythe, our most frightening car, look cute. Congratulations! :lol: Also nice to see someone other than me painting cars pink without any excuse. :D

I've got a tuning adjustment question... What changes would you make to a tune if you were running less HP then the tune was set up for? For example, say I'm setting up a BMW M5 for 500 PP on Sports Hard tires. I love your tune, and I would assume the suspension would transfer over without adjustment. What about the LSD? Any basic hints about which way to go with it? I've never really messed with an LSD, so I'm not sure how it all works in the game.

I'd maybe increase the accel but other than that I'd keep it the same. The tune keeps the power in check, so lowering the power would just enhance the tune's effectiveness. :)

I'm the cute one. :embarrassed:

I'd just like to point out that I'm less than 12 days away from my holiday, so please hold off sending me anything as I've not got the time to do anything other than pack and making sure my car is serviced before I leave. Thank you!

Oh, you're gay with RJ? :D

And does that mean I don't need to send you the rest of the payment when I get back to HK? Good, saved me some time and a couple of jumpsuits……

Oh, you're gay with RJ? :D

And does that mean I don't need to send you the rest of the payment when I get back to HK? Good, saved me some time and a couple of jumpsuits……

CMC%20doesnt%20even%20deserve%20facehoof.jpg

And I mean't cars for tuning. You aint getting away without paying. ;)

I think I'll be doing a review of the LFA GT. I won't be posting it in my review thread though, but not this thread either. I am in fact gonna submit it into the GTLife magazine since I feel like an article would be good to put it in. I will give a quick summary of it though...along with a comparison to the pink LFA I have. :)

The LFA GT, I must say, is probably even better overall than Juliet. There is so much right with it with the new tune up. The acceleration could probably be boosted with a little bit of power, but I see your fear with the engine tuning. You've kept the immense stock sound of it, and it growls brilliantly in the lower revs and erupts in the higher ones. However, the car's handling is what wins it for me. It does understeer a tiny bit, but just barely. When you get out of the corners though, you get a nice little slide that's far more controllable than slides like it, and I love it. This LFA GT suits my aggressive driving style so well, I could hug it. Again, acceleration could be improved on slightly, but since you aren't touching the engine I'm not complaining.

I took this around a custom made Toscana track of mine, which is in the 5 mile range if I remember correctly. It starts off fast then ends up getting increasingly twisty and I think it was a great test track for this thing. The time I set around was a 2:58.1, which wasn't too bad. I got into my Pink Peril tune (aka Katie's LFA ^_^) straight after trying out the LFA GT, which would obviously be different considering my tune had more power, more weight, more torque, a worse tranny and suspension and worse tyres (Sports Softs vs Sports Mediums). And the difference was very noticable.

The acceleration of the Pink Peril was more noticeable but she understeered rather a lot more. This did mean more control out of the bends, but that didn't stop her from sliding about out of a few corners. However, I think the sound of the exhaust is made better by the Semi-Racing since she screams all the way through the gears, and I enjoy the extra challenge of driving her. She was slower with a 2:59.1, one second off exactly, but a new set of tyres would definitely change the outcome.

I personally think that the two cars are actually equal - despite what the lap times say. The LFA GT is the better car in terms of driveability, but the challenge of the Pink Peril makes it pretty fun to drive after getting out of the LFA GT.

If all goes well (and it could falter at some point) then the full review/comparison will be in the GTLife magazine. See you later, dawgs. :)

Ohhh……GTLife, eh? Good luck with that, hopefully that goes well for you, looking forward to reading the full thing 👍
Now, Roj, your turn, on that god-awful Prius :D

Ohhh……GTLife, eh? Good luck with that, hopefully that goes well for you, looking forward to reading the full thing 👍

Last time I tried to send an article in the message containing the article didn't get through to Schwadegan, the creator of GTLife. I sent it twice and it didn't get through. I have a new e-mail address though, if that will actually make a difference, though we're both in Google Mail which might help even more. I dunno really... :boggled:

Back