RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

Here is my review of the RKM Honda S2000

I want to start this review off with how I have switched my drivig view from bumper cam into the cockpit view with a wide angle setting. I have still yet to remove the onscreen data, but that will come as I get comfortable with this new view.

I only have one word to describe this tune. Godly! If there were any weaknesses in this tune then I can't find them. I ran two races with it one at Monza in the expert japanesse championship and the second at Grand Valley in the same championship. Monza tested the cars grip at high speeds and into transition of tight turns. Grand Valley tests every aspect of the suspension geometry of this car and let's you push everything to the limit and even a little beyond if you can control it. It is actually not too hard of task to control this car when it is out of control. It does what you need it to do and it takes a lot of effort to lose it just to test yourself beyond the limit.

Low speed turns - fast is all I can say about it. Fast braking transitions into a mild oversteer or understeer depending on how hot you come in. By mid corner you will have a hard time losing traction because once the suspension settles in the turn you can pretty much go WOT throughout the rest of the turn. Changing lines is no problem which gives you quite an advantage in any race when an opponent is trying to block you. The only thing I will suggest is not to WOT in 2nd gear if you don't want to lose it and spin on exit. Unless you know how to control it, DON'T WOT on exit in 2nd.

Mid speed corners - One word - Agile - you will be quite impressed on how fast you can enter. It is almost scary in the cockpit view and I found I was double guessig myself on corners. The dash displaying kph instead of mph does throw me off and it would be a lot more helpful if I could see the tach on th digital display when the sun is shining I to the cockpit. This car is solid throughout the whole turn with the ability to still change lines and go in out in, out in out, in in in, out out out, or any combination needed with confidence. Stable and speedy

high speed turns - yet again the only difference from mid speed corners to high speed corners is that changing your line might check you into the nearest emergency room due to the fact you are taking the turn faster then most cars can take a high speed turn at. Your velocity is greater then most tuned cars can take it at. Besides that, you should have all the confidence in the world tackling high speed corners.

So here is where I will start my new method of rating the. Cars I test.

Speed - 7.5 still for the amount of power this car has it could use more to be deadlier. However, it would upset the balance of this car

Braking - 9.5 I can't give it a perfect because I need some sort of baseline. But even in a high speed situtation while having to turn the wheel to keep on the race line and having to go full braking while you are fully committed to turning is stable and almost worry free.

Corner - abilty - 9.5 yet again I can't give it a perfect becaus this is now my baseline for any car.
- power - 9.0 you can plant the power and go from entry to exit in almost any situtation. Remember this is a baseline

overall - 9.2 for this tune. I am one with this car and tune. This will be a tough car for RKM to replicate in other formats. Phenominal job guys! Too bad we can put a RKM livery sticker on this car :-( I would proudly plant one on my windshield and trunk where the 'H' emblem is.

Wait for the RX-8 and 300zx reviews coming probably on Tuesday. Well at least one of them. It will definately put into perspective the new rating system I am going to use along with a surprise to be given with the 300zx review. I guess it will add my own personal touch to the car.

Ps congrats on the 50 tunes. Hopefully once I get Internet up and running I can meet up with you guys online and actually get involved in the tuning process with both of you :-)

RKM Motorsport’s 908 Killer Whale

908KillerWhale.jpg

908KillerWhale_Big.jpg

Wow... Amazing tune. Extremely fast, stable and easy to drive.

RKM Motorsport’s NGT

Based on: 2000 RUF RGT

Drivetrain: RR
Horsepower: 443 BHP (@ 6181.0 miles)
Torque:---- 311 ft-lb
Weight:---- 1170 kg

Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: x/7
Accel:-- x/22
Braking: x/7

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-20
Spring Rate: 7.6/14.8
Extension:-- 9/4
Compression: 7/7
Anti-Roll:-- 3/7
Camber:----- 1.5/1.9
Toe:-------- -0.19/0.27

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/7

Alright, alright!
Deviations... I have Stage 3 engine tuning, un-equip-able, blah blah.
Removing all other power components, with the exception of stage 3 engine, leaves me at 471hp. Roughly 30 horses over the 'as written'.

The first thing I noticed, was the rear spring rates. After being scolded by LDP about how 11.0 was "extremely stiff, like really stiff" I was somewhat surprised to see RKM use an even higher rate.

Last night I put about 2 hours into that damn budget car challenge on this track, so I spent about the first 15-20 minutes in this car, just trying to break old habits. Most frustrating was that my budget car times were better... The car felt far too unstable and in all actuality, very much like LDP's tune. I was running 1:33's while you admitted to running 29's. By all means you're a better driver, and while I expect the WRS to quantify how much better soon, I had a hard time swallowing a 4 second deficit, 5 seconds to the times LDP claimed, especially when I'm sneaking in an extra 30 horses. Something had to be wrong, with tunes this vastly different, to end up with the drift car result, so I went to square one, praying there was an excuse other than my driving.

Once unable to find any differences between parts and settings, I took a long shot and preformed the Chassis Management from GT auto, and went back to the track with fingers crossed.

Wow, what a difference. It's a completely different car. Navigating through the first Ess leading to the start finish line, I could already feel a tremendous increase. So, while I was relieved to have a better feeling car, I quickly realized, I own 3 other tuning garages updated reviews... le' sigh...

Test Track: Trial Mountain
Best Lap: 1:30.433
(I can live with 6 tenths!)

Entry, well you can tame the lion, but it's still a lion. The heavy ass still wants to play hell on harder entries, but was far more controllable and manageable prior to the Chassis upgrade. Through the beginning of the track, through the mid speed esses, the car makes it known that it dislikes unlevel ground. Putting either left or right sides up on the curb proved to be a difficult task as soon as the car got back to the asphalt. I'm sure it's partially due to the elevation of the track as well, but very present. I'd probably drop the rear brake balance 1 or 2 notches, to help on braking entrances as well, but I'd have to test it.

Through the center the car feels good, partial gas pedal proves to be very effective, and the ability to stab the throttle to force oversteer was a tricky, but handy tool. Too much throttle and the car will send itself into a power slide.

Through the exit, the same feeling as the center. Part throttle okay, full throttle BAD. This car just loves to spin the outside tire, and it literally feels like that single tire, takes over and turns the entire car into the inside wall. Regardless of the tightness of the turn, it remained present. All that weight pushing down, feels like it just gives that single tire even more traction, which magnifies the issue, rather than a FR car where the tire will spin more under that condition, the RR RUF just gives it more bite. I found full throttle to be nearly impossible, until 1/4 of the way down the long straight away in the tunnel. No matter what line I tried to take, I just couldn't get that center/exit combo to go right. Enter too slow, and the car is even more prone to spinning under acceleration, enter too fast, and I push into the side of the tunnel. It seemed as if my best 'exit' for this corner, was when the car was in the process of getting sideways, but the RR tapped the outer wall and straightened me out, lol. I'm somewhat curious if the exit might be toned down with an adjustment to Toe settings? Scares me to imagine what would happen online!

For some reason, I can't get the LSD to make any type of difference on this car. After my best lap 'as written' I tried my best to force the rear end to lock up, begging to transfer torque to the inside rear tire, but nothing I did seemed to fix the issue. I settled on maxing out the Initial and Accel, it seemed to give me a little bit more forward bite, that was worth another tenth or 2 if I cared to run another set of laps. I also pushed the de-accel up some as well, to try and tame down the ass end a little bit, which also seemed to help stability on the harder entries.

Time for the Racing Softs and Max HP + Custom LSD (60,60,20)
Trial Mountain: 1:23.971
The stiffer suspension really shines through the ess curves here, and makes up a lot of ground against the LDP tune.

@Times: If I'm honest, I've got no clue how Paulie managed his 1:28... I mean I can sorta see it, but then not.

As for the chassis bits... My car does have the chassis stiffening from the tuning shop installed but not the refresh from GT Auto.

Too tired to say much more as I just did a 50 minute race at the Ring in it but... 1:33 sounds like what I was running before I figured the car out a bit (actually a bit slower before the tune was right) so... Also, it understeers madly online.

Oi, you can't tune any Aussie cars I haven't tuned yet. This. Means. War.:mischievous::lol:

@Times: If I'm honest, I've got no clue how Paulie managed his 1:28... I mean I can sorta see it, but then not.

I did it with superior awesomeness.:P Perhaps you'd like to.....you know......race me?💡:mischievous:

Here is my review of the RKM Honda S2000

I want to start this review off with how I have switched my drivig view from bumper cam into the cockpit view with a wide angle setting. I have still yet to remove the onscreen data, but that will come as I get comfortable with this new view.

I only have one word to describe this tune. Godly! If there were any weaknesses in this tune then I can't find them. I ran two races with it one at Monza in the expert japanesse championship and the second at Grand Valley in the same championship. Monza tested the cars grip at high speeds and into transition of tight turns. Grand Valley tests every aspect of the suspension geometry of this car and let's you push everything to the limit and even a little beyond if you can control it. It is actually not too hard of task to control this car when it is out of control. It does what you need it to do and it takes a lot of effort to lose it just to test yourself beyond the limit.

Low speed turns - fast is all I can say about it. Fast braking transitions into a mild oversteer or understeer depending on how hot you come in. By mid corner you will have a hard time losing traction because once the suspension settles in the turn you can pretty much go WOT throughout the rest of the turn. Changing lines is no problem which gives you quite an advantage in any race when an opponent is trying to block you. The only thing I will suggest is not to WOT in 2nd gear if you don't want to lose it and spin on exit. Unless you know how to control it, DON'T WOT on exit in 2nd.

Mid speed corners - One word - Agile - you will be quite impressed on how fast you can enter. It is almost scary in the cockpit view and I found I was double guessig myself on corners. The dash displaying kph instead of mph does throw me off and it would be a lot more helpful if I could see the tach on th digital display when the sun is shining I to the cockpit. This car is solid throughout the whole turn with the ability to still change lines and go in out in, out in out, in in in, out out out, or any combination needed with confidence. Stable and speedy

high speed turns - yet again the only difference from mid speed corners to high speed corners is that changing your line might check you into the nearest emergency room due to the fact you are taking the turn faster then most cars can take a high speed turn at. Your velocity is greater then most tuned cars can take it at. Besides that, you should have all the confidence in the world tackling high speed corners.

So here is where I will start my new method of rating the. Cars I test.

Speed - 7.5 still for the amount of power this car has it could use more to be deadlier. However, it would upset the balance of this car

Braking - 9.5 I can't give it a perfect because I need some sort of baseline. But even in a high speed situtation while having to turn the wheel to keep on the race line and having to go full braking while you are fully committed to turning is stable and almost worry free.

Corner - abilty - 9.5 yet again I can't give it a perfect becaus this is now my baseline for any car.
- power - 9.0 you can plant the power and go from entry to exit in almost any situtation. Remember this is a baseline

overall - 9.2 for this tune. I am one with this car and tune. This will be a tough car for RKM to replicate in other formats. Phenominal job guys! Too bad we can put a RKM livery sticker on this car :-( I would proudly plant one on my windshield and trunk where the 'H' emblem is.
You've pretty much summed up what I wanted the S2000 to do. :lol:👍 When I was told I had to limit the power, I made extra sure to make the handling make up for the lack of power. I know S2000's handle good to begin with, but I kept at it until it was handling good no matter what dodgy line I was taking. :lol: A lack of power isn't an issue when your cornering speeds are so high. :sly:

Thanks for the review! Looking forward to seeing what it takes to beat the S2000's score. :P

EPL
Nice Ford Falcon tune!!! I thought no one would have a tune for this because it's so rare. The setup runs great! Thank you!
You're welcome! Glad you like it! 👍
Oi, you can't tune any Aussie cars I haven't tuned yet. This. Means. War.:mischievous::lol:

Yes I can. I just did. What are you going to do about it? Start tuning all the British cars before I can? Have fun! :sly::lol:

Transmission
Transmission

(The following ratios are not final and will be re-adjusted once GT5 lets me. For now just set the max speed.)
1st:-- 4.361
2nd:-- 2.938
3rd:-- 2.146
4th:-- 1.643
5th:-- 1.320
6th:-- 1.112
Final: 3.462
Max Speed: 230 MPH

So I wanted to build the R8 and I saw this. I think you made a small mistake. I'm in Km/h so that would be 370 km/h but if I put that speed, the 1st gear ratio is 4.065 and the 6th is 0.931. The ratio you wrote are actually the inital ratio when the gearbox is set at 310 km/h. Which is the good one ?

Thanks a lot !

So I wanted to build the R8 and I saw this. I think you made a small mistake. I'm in Km/h so that would be 370 km/h but if I put that speed, the 1st gear ratio is 4.065 and the 6th is 0.931. The ratio you wrote are actually the inital ratio when the gearbox is set at 310 km/h. Which is the good one ?

Thanks a lot !

Thank you for pointing this out. Use the setting that has 1st gear as 4.065 and 6th at 0.931, I'll go correct it now.

RKM Motorsport’s Camaro SC550

CamaroSC550.jpg

CamaroSC550_Big.jpg

Based on: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
Obtained: New Car Dealer

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 547 BHP (@195.7 miles)
Torque:---- 555 ft-lb
Weight:---- 1318 kg

PARTS
GT Auto

Oil Change
RAYS VR.G2 Wheels
Front Aero Type A
Rear Aero Type A
Extension Type A
Rear Wing Type A

Tuning Shop
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Lightweight Windows
Carbon Fiber Hood (Body Color)
Titanium Semi-Racing Exhaust
Sports Header
Supercharger
FC Gearbox
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Semi-Racing Clutch
Carbon Driveshaft
FC LSD
FC Suspension
Sports Soft tires

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/20

Transmission
Transmission

1st:-- 3.226
2nd:-- 2.072
3rd:-- 1.470
4th:-- 1.098
5th:-- 0.863
6th:-- 0.713
7th:-- x.xxx
Final: 3.450
Max Speed: 242

Drivetrain
Differential:

Initial: xx/7
Accel:-- xx/20
Braking: xx/20

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 11.5/7.2
Extension:-- 6/4
Compression: 8/6
Anti-Roll:-- 1/1
Camber:----- 2.3/2.8
Toe:-------- -0.05/0.05

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 8/9

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
This is the Camaro SC550. SC obviously for supercharged, 550 referring to the amount of horsepower (and torque) produced. It's faster around corners than basically anything else that's still street legal with some comforts, and pulls harder than the rather conservative power output would suggest.

Wonderfully done. Steers like how a car should steer. I drove it on Laguna Seca, never spun, nor it suffered from understeer and oversteer. Fun-tastic! Two thumbs up! 👍 👍

Oh Rotary Junkie, would you mind tweaking/tuning an SLR McLaren ( 19" Wheel Option )? Wonder if it could ever drive like the Camaro. FYI I maxed the tunings of the McLaren, which gives me around 900-ish horses, so yeah. If there's already a tune to this car, it wouldn't be too troublesome for you to link it here? Cause I've been searching all over for it. Couldn't find one. Heh.. Anyway thanks for the Camaro Tune! I loved the car! Cheers!

Review of Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro ’09

Truth in Engineering. This is what Audi represents, creating an idea and molding it into something extraordinary. While you may think that Audi cars are not great, surely they must be if Tony Stark wants to drive one. If the Iron Man himself finds joy (and lots of speed) in driving this car, why can't you? This review is about changing your mind about the R8, making you drive this beautifully engineered piece of machinery. The truth is...

IPdbR.jpg

This car is insane. RKM acquired a loaded Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro, and the result is both nerve wrecking and complete bliss. The engine in this R8 was completely modified, adding stage 3 engine tuning, with a racing exhaust, and a medium range turbo among other parts that will blow your socks off, literally. After these modifications, the R8's engine was shooting out 750HP with 549.48 ft-lb of torque, basically making this car scream insanity. With all this power, one could imagine it simply is not drivable on a chassis weighing in at 1313kg. Wrong. RKM managed to stick this car to the ground, with not even a single complaint from the suspension. While this car may sound perfect with its high power and low weight, it is really close.

x61FP.jpg

When braking, the tail has a tendency to come to the front. I've only have this problem when braking 100%, so about 50-75% braking power should fix this small issue. In addition, do not get too confidant with this car. Thinking you can take some corners on the Nurburgring at full speed will only make you look like a fool when your enemy racers zoom by. However, if you can tame this wild car, you will always have enough time to waste at the end of a race...

HSb2H.jpg

Driving this car is, as VTiRoj puts it, simply sublime.

More Photos

Oh my, oh my! I'm going to be busy now! Thanks a million for the 908 and Enzo tune. I have been waiting for the release of an RKM-Tuned Enzo with bated breath.

Racing Soft Tires and cars from the UCD! Looks like you two just opened up a whole new game for your shop!

I'll be back with this Enzo and 908 reviews. I wish I had the Matmut Team car (looks so good).

Oh my, oh my! I'm going to be busy now! Thanks a million for the 908 and Enzo tune. I have been waiting for the release of an RKM-Tuned Enzo with bated breath.

Racing Soft Tires and cars from the UCD! Looks like you two just opened up a whole new game for your shop!

I'll be back with this Enzo and 908 reviews. I wish I had the Matmut Team car (looks so good).

The bold bit? Yeah erm...

Been there, done that. (Atenza 23RS) :P Stayed away from them since as they're harder for people to find, and therefore harder to get reviews on. Now I'm starting to run out of Prems that I like. :lol:

As for race softs... Eh, with the Enzo, R8, etc etc, it's all people want anyway. May as well cave.

Nice man. 7 new tunes?That's amazing.

I've been looking for an enzo tune as mine wants to drift all the time.

Thanks again.You guys do some great work. 👍

ich's Top Gear Test Track Tracktest: Honda Insight (RKM Motorsport’s Insightful Honda)

"Dear Top Gear,

I'm a 40 year old actor, live in LA, with no friends and I search a car.
It has to be a hybrid, please help.

T. Cruise."

This is newest hybrid on the market,

topgeartesttrack6g.jpg

the Honda Insight LS, its not a realy pretty car. And with its 1.4l 90hp engine it wouldn't go fast either... and the suspension is so soft, I could drive through a field full of cittens, i wouldn't realize.
Its an awful car and I hate it, but there is some hope...

This is the RKM tuned 175hp version...

topgeartesttrack2c.jpg

Maybe you would think they only lowered the suspension, fitted a giagantic turbo and it's done... but your wrong.
The RKM-engineers totaly reworked every part from the engine-intake to the exhaust, but the biggest change is the suspension. In the entry of a corner you got a tiny bit of understeerig, but than you hit the throttle and it take the corner like it's driving on a rail. It actually corners so well, that it will beat a lot cars on trackdays... well, let's find out.

this is a '97 Civic Type R

topgeartesttrack5.jpg

It's has the same amount of horsepower like the Insight, but because our testcar dont has the weight reduction, the Civic is 150kg lighter, so it sould be a clear win... but it isn't. Thanks to the great suspension-setup and the soft sports tires, the tuned Insight was more than 8s faster on the track.
But what about stronger cars?

so is this 230hp S2000 able to beat that hybrid?

topgeartesttrack4.jpg

the weight is about the same, but the extra 60hp should rocket it past the Insight... but it didn't. The Insight is still 4s faster.
So is there anything that can beat it?

This is the last version of the Honda NSX, the Type R

topgeartesttrack3.jpg

It's maybe some kilos heavyer than the Insight, but with the 3.2l v6 its has an advantage of 110hp, so the result is a nearly 2s faster laptime and thanks to the midengine and rear wheel drive it's a lot of driving fun, but this isn't an everyday car and everybody would expect it to be fast.

But nobody would expect it from a hybrid family van.
It can bring you to work every day without to be concussed, you can drive into hollidays with your family and luggage and it will beat a lot of stronger opponents...

So now it's time to hand it over to our racing driver...
some say that he molts in winter... and he bit a squirrel because it has stolen his Snickers...
all we know is: he is called the Ich...

topgeartesttrack.jpg

A fast start, tidy through the first corner - coming up to Chicago and also clean driving - next up: Hammerhead, so will it understeer?... no, it's taking the corner like a TGV... - flat out at Follow-through - hard on the brakes at the second last corner - tidy through Gambon... and he finished

topgeartesttrack1.jpg

And the time is: 1:23.432

Last edited:
Review of Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro ’09

Truth in Engineering. This is what Audi represents, creating an idea and molding it into something extraordinary. While you may think that Audi cars are not great, surely they must be if Tony Stark wants to drive one. If the Iron Man himself finds joy (and lots of speed) in driving this car, why can't you? This review is about changing your mind about the R8, making you drive this beautifully engineered piece of machinery. The truth is...

http://i.imgur.com/IPdbR.jpg
I changed my mind about R8's whilst tuning this one, so yeah. :lol:
This car is insane. RKM acquired a loaded Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro, and the result is both nerve wrecking and complete bliss. The engine in this R8 was completely modified, adding stage 3 engine tuning, with a racing exhaust, and a medium range turbo among other parts that will blow your socks off, literally. After these modifications, the R8's engine was shooting out 750HP with 549.48 ft-lb of torque, basically making this car scream insanity. With all this power, one could imagine it simply is not drivable on a chassis weighing in at 1313kg. Wrong. RKM managed to stick this car to the ground, with not even a single complaint from the suspension. While this car may sound perfect with its high power and low weight, it is really close.

http://i.imgur.com/x61FP.jpg
It suprised even me how well it would turn, almost no understeer in a high-power 4WD. :D
When braking, the tail has a tendency to come to the front. I've only have this problem when braking 100%, so about 50-75% braking power should fix this small issue. In addition, do not get too confidant with this car. Thinking you can take some corners on the Nurburgring at full speed will only make you look like a fool when your enemy racers zoom by. However, if you can tame this wild car, you will always have enough time to waste at the end of a race...

http://i.imgur.com/HSb2H.jpg

Driving this car is, as VTiRoj puts it, simply sublime.

More Photos
Hehehehehe. This is the part I was looking forward to. The brakes really do test you when braking at high speed, thankfully though, the R8 has awesome brakes so 75% is still more than enough to stop. They help around low speed corners, letting you swing the tail around. And yes, the R8 boosts your confidence to the point where you will crash due to overconfidence. It likes to test you and reward you for good driving skills. :D

Thanks for the review again, again! :D:tup:

Nom nom nom, tasty Nurburgring blocks. :lol:

ich's Top Gear Test Track Tracktest: Honda Insight (RKM Motorsport’s Insightful Honda)

And the time is: 1:23.432

I love this review. I love it to bits. :lol:👍 I'm a Top Gear fan so as you can imagine, I read it in Jeremy Clarkson's voice and actually had an episode going on in my head. Great stuff! :lol:

I'm suprised it beat everything but the NSX. I would've expected the S2000 to at least draw even. :D

On a serious note, the understeer is just there to tell you "you're going too fast, I'm only an Insight". It's hard to judge cornering speeds and gears with a CVT gearbox, but then that's the fun of driving them. :lol:👍

But again, I love the TG style review. Thanks alot! :D:tup:

Your review lacks one thing though.

1:23.0 - Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG Black Series
1:23.1 - KTM X-Bow (Not Shown on TV)[4]
1:23.1 - Porsche 997 GT3
1:23.2 - Ferrari F430 Spider F1
1:23.4 - Honda Insight LS
1:23.7 - Lamborghini Murciélago (retested)
1:23.8 - Pagani Zonda C12 S 7.3 (partly damp)
1:23.9 - Aston Martin DBS
1:23.9 - Koenigsegg CC8S
1:24.0 - Ariel Atom 1 220

Now it's sorted. :D

Just wanted to say a Big Thanks, I have used quite a few tunes and so far they are excellent. I just updated all my cars with your new tunes can't wait to try them out. If you guy's find a Lack of car's I have couple I could send (1) a Day if your interested in tuning them. Kind of way of helping and giving back to you and forum. I will PM you the List of Cars I have any you want to tune let me know.

The bold bit? Yeah erm...

Been there, done that. (Atenza 23RS) :P Stayed away from them since as they're harder for people to find, and therefore harder to get reviews on. Now I'm starting to run out of Prems that I like. :lol:

As for race softs... Eh, with the Enzo, R8, etc etc, it's all people want anyway. May as well cave.

Oh....yea....:embarrassed:

Well, I think it's a nice little evolution going on here at RKM. I feel like your tunes keep getting more and more solid. I absolutely love all them. Just gotta keep the money flowing in for more builds :) I wish we could create sub-garages within our garage to house groups of cars. I could have an RKM-Tuned garage (my #1 go-to garage), a Race Car garage, a clunker garage, etc. I think it'd be a lot more organized than having a list of 300+ cars.

::edit:: I, too, am a huge fan of Top Gear and have been testing out your tunes on the Test Track. I run in Free-Run until I get a time I feel is close to my best (minimal to no mistakes, driving hard) and compare. I'll have to post my results when I get all 50 tunes in! I've mostly been running the more "street-worthy" cars and staying away from the likes of the 787, 908, etc. but, hey, it'd be fun to get 'em all in.

Last edited:
I love this review. I love it to bits. :lol:👍 I'm a Top Gear fan so as you can imagine, I read it in Jeremy Clarkson's voice and actually had an episode going on in my head. Great stuff! :lol:

I'm suprised it beat everything but the NSX. I would've expected the S2000 to at least draw even. :D

On a serious note, the understeer is just there to tell you "you're going too fast, I'm only an Insight". It's hard to judge cornering speeds and gears with a CVT gearbox, but then that's the fun of driving them. :lol:👍

But again, I love the TG style review. Thanks alot! :D:tup:

thanks, glad you like it...

was kind of a challenge to write, since english is not my first language, but also fun.

also was suprised about the time of the S2000, i think it's because of the stock tires...

also tested the car with a 5-speed, i had more feeling for the speed, but for equal acceleration it's slower at topspeed...

so, now I can get a tune, right?

thanks, glad you like it...

was kind of a challenge to write, since english is not my first language, but also fun.

also was suprised about the time of the S2000, i think it's because of the stock tires...

also tested the car with a 5-speed, i had more feeling for the speed, but for equal acceleration it's slower at topspeed...

so, now I can get a tune, right?

Yeah, although that's not the reason I kept the CVT transmission on the Insight. In all honesty, it's just because CVT's are more fun to drive than what people say.

Correct. You can either request a car and give us some information about what bhp limits, tyres, etc. Or just send us the car all built up and we'll tune it and send it back. 👍

Yeah, although that's not the reason I kept the CVT transmission on the Insight. In all honesty, it's just because CVT's are more fun to drive than what people say.

yup, that feeling while going to the limit: will this speed work... yes... :D

Correct. You can either request a car and give us some information about what bhp limits, tyres, etc. Or just send us the car all built up and we'll tune it and send it back. 👍

ok, have to think about it, but maybe i'll send you a VW T1 Bus :dunce:

maybe i'll do some more reviews, when i'll find some time...

Last edited:
yup, that feeling while going to the limit: will this speed work... yes... :D

Every corner is an adventure with a CVT transmission! :D

ok, have to think about it, but maybe i'll send you a VW T1 Bus :dunce:

Take your time. You dont have to request now, you can save it for later. 👍

Finally happy to see the Ford Falcon tune published!

That car is so much fun to drive. We will be holding a V8s only championship and me and my teammate are planning on using the tune.

Also the F430 Scuderia tune has landed me and my teammate 2nd overall in the championship. :D
The first team drivers had 458 Italias..

And the pre release tune of stock Peugeot 908 has also put me in 2nd position in Le Mans championship.

So far the tunes has been fantastic and suit my driving style very well!

Gratz on the 50 tunes too. :D

RKM Motorsport NSX-R 3rd Anniversary Review:

Where can I start? The Honda NSX was truly one of the all time supercar greats. The NSX taught the likes of Ferrari, Porsche and Lamborghini how a supercar should be, reliable, simple and possible to use everyday without the driver complaining of numb butt's and bad backs. It was the car's 20th anniversary and the RKM Motorsport NSX's 3rd anniversary only a month ago, but I got GT5 for Christmas so I was already only a week from 2011, and I was still trying to make time for GT5 while being addicted to Black Ops, and better late than never, so here goes:

In 1984, Honda decided to make a supercar concept called the HP-X, with a VTEC 2 litre V6 in the middle and a futuristic name to rival the likes of the Ferrari 328. But after being a tad more realistic about who they were facing, they finally thought they would need a bit more than a 2 litre V6, opting for a high revving VTEC 3 litre V6 instead and a lightweight all-aluminum chassis, the first of its kind. The cabin was also inspired by that of a F-16 fighter jet and the use of loads of F1 technologies! Oh, and they renamed it to the NSX of course before releasing it in 1990.

But in 2005, after 15 years of total ownage it was sadly taken off the production line because:

1. Honda were losing money on then because not enough were being sold, because most rich people were complete and utter idiots who would rather pay for the brand than the car.
2. Honda had a wierd obsession with making a V10 supercar! And;
3. The NSX's original target, the Ferrari 328 was LONG GONE, SIXTEEN years long gone, infact it was already gone before the NSX was even released!
4. Lets face it, the NSX was just looking older by the second....

I would try and explain the 3rd anniversary of the RKM Motorsport NSX-R, but theres not a lot to explain about it, even though it was the BEST NSX I had EVER driven! Even if I only ever drove an NSX on GT3, GT4 and GT5.

Now, after Jeremy Clarkson failed to give the NSX a proper sendoff when he tried to compare his GT4 NSX Laguna Seca times with his real NSX Laguna Seca times, because he's a rubbish driver and only a bit better on GT4 because he was probably busy spending all his time on there at the time like the sad old man he is when he wasn't busy on Top Gear lieing to everyone about how it was just "impossible" and how the physics of GT4 were just not "real" enough! JEREMY CLARKSON YOU JUST SUCK!!!!!

So now I'm going to show you lot how it was mean't to be done! GT5 style! With a 2 lap race at Laguna Seca! Well to be honest I wanted to do it at Suzuka Circuit because that's where the NSX was made for the last two years of its life but Nooomoto did his BADA$$ Wutend Deustch review on that circuit, and I wouldn't want to be accused of copying him, and also Laguna Seca is just too cool anyways, so I chose the Professional Level Single Race with the intended driving options+ Real Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge and Heavy Mechanical Damage to make things more realistic, because thats the whole point of GT5 isn't it? Here's the live commentary from Yours Truly: (Well most of it was from Yours Truly)

WELCOME TO LAGUNA SECA! THE BEST RACE TRACK, IN CALFORNIA, THE BEST STATE IN AMERICA, THE BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD! WHICH MAKES LAGUNA SECA THE BEST RACETRACK EVER!!!

Get off my microphone you sad child!!!! Sorry about that people, there are just so many idiots around that occasionally someone is going to use your microphone when you're just one minute late because some die-hard fan just had to have your autograph at the last possible minute!!! So anyways, Thank you for coming today to Laguna Seca Raceway, today there will be a supercar race, including a
YELLOW Ferrari Enzo, a Lamborghini Murcielago LP-670 SuperVeloce and a Tommy Kaira ZZ-II, or simply a molested RB26DETT bolted to the back of a piece of fiberglass! Theres also a modified NSX tuned by RKM Motorsport! Its main rival today is the Tommy Kaira ZZ-II, which shouldn't even be on here. But the main thing about the car is its driver! aaronbee2010! Quite a gifted person, not much people can do it like he does and he's going to be the main point of focus in this race! Okay now, heres the lowdown:

First Place, Marc Kuester:

Last Place, aaronbee2010:

Lucky fool with an Enzo, Ronald "Ronnie" Wilcox:

A floating 4:

Okay, the race is about to start in 3, 2, 1, GO!

Okay, Straight into The Andretti hairpin from a rolling start, and braking hard into the corner, immediatley overtaking Peter Delaney due to low weight, He then overtakes Andrew Kovacs and Upton Baier inside the corner, so this NSX-R has ALREADY devoured 3 mighty supercars before exiting the first corner! Thats what I call TOTAL OWNAGE!

He now overtakes Sebastian Casas while braking for the third corner, now already 1/4 of the way there, overtaking Nero Rojas out of that corner, now outbraking Tomas Kaczmarek into the fourth corner, then entering the straight, slipstreaming Dennis Cano, waiting to pounce! Getting closer and closer through the fifth corner, getting a bit physical before overtaking that V12 piledriver, then outbraking Hugh Luna through the sixth corner to the Rahal straight, getting ready to outbrake Ronald "Ronnie" Wilcox and Harry Mcknight into The Corkscrew, he then speeds down the hill past Unwin Himmel! Because its a nice Lamborghini Murcielago LP-670 SuperVeloce, and also to rub it in we took a picture!

Now where were we? Oh yeah, aaronbee2010 overtakes Ustin Parviainen through The Rainey Curve and then he's behind Darren Alexandre and that cheap fiberglass piece of crap on wheels! So overtaking it at the final corner was easy as hell! Here's an idea of what aaronbee2010 accomplished
in his NSX-R "Import paradise"!

Not much to say here really other than the fact that car sounds SWEEEET at its 9500 rpm redline! Ultra late braking into The Andretti hairpin for the final lap, getting his D1 drift on!!

Now skipping to he 6th corner, you can hear that LM NSX-R revving up to 10000 rpm, unfortunately the engine sounds like a synthesizer, but we won't need to hear anymore of that because aaronbee2010 overtakes him:

Now aaronbee2010 lock's on to Marc Kuester, getting ready to overtake him on the straight just before the final corner:

Desperate to win, aaronbee2010 gets real close overtaking him:

But then victory!!!

Now we are going to interview aaronbee2010 about how the NSX-R was to drive:

I think it has extreme potential on the track, the acceleration was on par with that of a supercar, making the task of getting close to your target a lot easier, the car always went straight where you wanted it to, albeit with skidding, not much if you keep it under control, it was fun to drift with in The Andretti Hairpin on the final lap, but if i had one criticism it would be that lack of grip exiting a corner, not too bad but could be improved, but overall a sweet ride, it really taught Ferrari and Lamborghini and the others how a supercar should be made! Infact I think I might keep this one! ;)

Fun Fact: The NSX was actually the design target of the McLaren F1!

Last edited:
Is that the VW Nardo right on your @$$? It seems to be quite the sleeper with that VW badge on the back of it. I'm really liking mine.

Back