RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

Of course you can Roj :lol:
Nope. Never. :lol:
I will give the Insight a go too and your Leaf Roj.

Can i request a NISMO 400R tune? (if you have one. I have one, rebuilt, so i need to break it in first. What it needs is a grippy, fast and good responding suspension/diff/controller setup. It is one of my streetlegal cars, so full weight, almost stock engine/boltons only. I have the idea that the 400r has plenty of potential, but the stock settings are not showing it. So i want a track setup from the master himself :)
Try RJ's Indy A settings first. In GT4 the 400R accepted R33 settings no problem, so it should be the same in GT5.
Your tune was in the latest episode of Hot Version

Awesome video as always. :D I'm surprised the Aventador did so well at the limit, being that it was tuned completely offline. I know Praiano likes to optimise his cars for online use so I'm not surprised the Murcielago was faster on the track there but damn that Aventador goes. :lol:👍

Well, time for me to do something diferent, a RKM tune!:)

Juliet (Lotus Elise 111R)

Ah, a Elise that grips. Sure that would be its normal handling. But that is not the case with the normal Elise 111R, because it spends all its time sideways and that is annoying as hell. So, how did Juliet grip like something really good, every single time I've driven her? RKM magic, I say. The car no longer drifts without warning, all it does is: goes around a corner, speeds up, brakes, and does another corner. Simple. All of this while embarassing everthing in its class and in superior classes. Bob liked her too, as he won all the Brit lightweight races. On 🤬 confort tires! In short, if you want a proper Elise without needing to RM it, go for Juliet. She will make you very happy, all the time.

RKM Motorsport's 330i CSL

330iCSL.jpg

330iCSL_Big.jpg

Based on: BMW 330i '05
Obtained: Used Car Dealership

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 267 BHP (@ 12,304.4 miles)
Torque:---- 32.5 kgfm
Weight:---- 1240kg
PP:-------- 448

PARTS
GT Auto

Oil Change
Tornadorot Paint

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
6-Speed Close-Ratio Transmission
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/0

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/5
Accel:-- 0/30
Braking: 0/5

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 8.0/5.5
Extension:-- 7/6
Compression: 6/5
Anti-Roll:-- 2/4
Camber:----- 1.4/1.8
Toe:-------- -0.20/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 3/9

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
Oh look, it's that BMW nobody knows or cares about! But wait, "Sapphire, Y U NO TUNE FOR REALZ?" I hear...because I wanted a good stock car just to have fun in. No need for 400bhp lunacy or a giant spoiler, this is a fun to drive 450pp weapon I am rather proud of.

Well, time for me to do something diferent, a RKM tune!:)

Juliet (Lotus Elise 111R)

Ah, a Elise that grips. Sure that would be its normal handling. But that is not the case with the normal Elise 111R, because it spends all its time sideways and that is annoying as hell. So, how did Juliet grip like something really good, every single time I've driven her? RKM magic, I say. The car no longer drifts without warning, all it does is: goes around a corner, speeds up, brakes, and does another corner. Simple. All of this while embarassing everthing in its class and in superior classes. Bob liked her too, as he won all the Brit lightweight races. On 🤬 confort tires! In short, if you want a proper Elise without needing to RM it, go for Juliet. She will make you very happy, all the time.
Thanks for the review! :D The entire point of Juliet was to fix the handling of the Elise, so I'm glad that's carried through to Spec 2. 👍

And to add to your second-to-last sentence, if you want to RM it, there's the Romeo tune for you! Although it needs updating now.
Oh look, it's that BMW nobody knows or cares about! But wait, "Sapphire, Y U NO TUNE FOR REALZ?" I hear...because I wanted a good stock car just to have fun in. No need for 400bhp lunacy or a giant spoiler, this is a fun to drive 450pp weapon I am rather proud of.

It is a real tune, anyone who says otherwise shouldn't be here in the first place. :P

I only did suspension and LSD, thought someone would accuse me of not making the effort or something...

You know though, Roj did do one for me, it actually had 420hp if I recall. :D Was quite a thing, was it not? Most boring thing known to man, it was. :lol:

Just to say I will enter in review mode now with the following tunes to be reviewed by the brazilian :lol:
-Civic Type RS
-Civic VTi
-RKM IT350R
-Emperor VI
-Insight X1999
-Juliet
-R34 Black Edition
-Spoon CR-Z
-BMW 330i CSL
-RE Amemiya RX-7
-Indy A
-The Bread Van II

There goes my afternoon :lol:

People like me hunt out cars like these all the time. I said after your 135i effort that you should do more of these. I've got a small bucket of 400-500PP builds. I'm claiming that there's a market for it, in actuality, I'm outta my league above 500PP...

{Cy}

EDIT:
Yep, lost it a bit before deadline on the classic shootout.

Sucks like a chest wound. Let me know if there's anything in particular you'd like or need. I'm happy to have a kick through the junk pile for you 👍

Gonna release 1st batch of reviews right now, the rest coming later today/tomorrow. (Part 1/3)

Times not shown because cars we're tested at diferent tracks.

Civic EP (Parts installed, stock settings): A nice car to drive. Understeer is there, but it's a good one. Short gears for a good acceleration. Is very stable for a FF and the amount of understeer you get is very low.
Civic Type RS: The car got better, understeer was almost eliminated, cornering got way better than it was, acceleration got better, able to hit 230km/h on the tunnel straight. I believe Scar Suzuki would like this one :lol:

Civic SiR-II EG (Parts installed, stock settings): Way too much understeer, need to brake earlier than the car can, need to take turns atleast 10km/h slower so you can make the turn, 15-20km/h to try and hit apex. But still was faster than a stock Ferrari California.
Civic VTi:There's a small ammount of understeer in it, but nothing too bad. Can brake a little later than the stock one and can take corners faster then the stock. A 2 second diference at Monaco for it. The EP4 is better though.

Integra Type R DC2 (Parts installed, stock settings): Medium understeer in low speed corners, low understeer in high speed corners, perfect thru middle speed corners. Turn in sharp. Acceleration nice. Nice brakes. I liked it.
RKM IT350R: Understeered fixed in low/high speed corners, appears a little in medium speed corners. Turn in got sharper. Turn out got sharper. Acceleration got slightly better. Top Speed got higher. 1 second diference to the stock at SSR5.

Lancer Evolution VI TM SCE (Parts installed, stock settings): Car feels comfortable to drive, little sign of understeer turning in for a corner, but very controllable. Nice speed, nice acceleration.
Emperor VI: Car still feels comfortable, but now it feels sportier too. No understeer, nice amount of grip, but not to make the car broing, but to make the car fun. I still prefer my fully tuned VI I had on my old account before I lost it.

Insight '99 (Parts installed, stock settings): 6 seconds away from Juliet at Tsukuba. That's quite a impressive mark in my opnion. Car feels nice, little to none understeer, responds to your command with little to none hesitation. Quite impressive.
Insight X1999: 5 seconds away from Juliet. Understeer: None. Responds to your commands with none hesitation. Nice acclerations and top speed. Might use it at the 9 hour endurance race at Tsukuba.

Tracks used (in order of tunes):
-Trial Mountain
-Côte d' Azur
-Special Stage Route 5
-Autumn Ring
-Tsukuba

Last edited:
Thank you for the group tests NascarManiaco!

Civic EP (Parts installed, stock settings): A nice car to drive. Understeer is there, but it's a good one. Short gears for a good acceleration. Is very stable for a FF and the amount of understeer you get is very low.
Civic Type RS: The car got better, understeer was almost eliminated, cornering got way better than it was, acceleration got better, able to hit 230km/h on the tunnel straight. I believe Scar Suzuki would like this one :lol:
Scar Suzuki isn't welcome at RKM. :lol:
Civic SiR-II EG (Parts installed, stock settings): Way too much understeer, need to brake earlier than the car can, need to take turns atleast 10km/h slower so you can make the turn, 15-20km/h to try and hit apex. But still was faster than a stock Ferrari California.
Civic VTi:There's a small ammount of understeer in it, but nothing too bad. Can brake a little later than the stock one and can take corners faster then the stock. A 2 second diference at Monaco for it. The EP4 is better though.
The small amount of understeer can be traced back to the thin tyres that the EG (and EK) have. The EP and FD have wider tyres, giving more grip.
Integra Type R DC2 (Parts installed, stock settings): Medium understeer in low speed corners, low understeer in high speed corners, perfect thru middle speed corners. Turn in sharp. Acceleration nice. Nice brakes. I liked it.
RKM IT350R: Understeered fixed in low/high speed corners, appears a little in medium speed corners. Turn in got sharper. Turn out got sharper. Acceleration got slightly better. Top Speed got higher. 1 second diference to the stock at SSR5.
I'll have a look a that mid-speed understeer.
Lancer Evolution VI TM SCE (Parts installed, stock settings): Car feels comfortable to drive, little sign of understeer turning in for a corner, but very controllable. Nice speed, nice acceleration.
Emperor VI: Car still feels comfortable, but now it feels sportier too. No understeer, nice amount of grip, but not to make the car broing, but to make the car fun. I still prefer my fully tuned VI I had on my old account before I lost it.
I must say, the VI is probably my favourite out of all the Emperor tunes. It's fun like the IV, but fast too like the IX.
Insight '99 (Parts installed, stock settings): 6 seconds away from Juliet at Tsukuba. That's quite a impressive mark in my opnion. Car feels nice, little to none understeer, responds to your command with little to none hesitation. Quite impressive.
Insight X1999: 5 seconds away from Juliet. Understeer: None. Responds to your commands with none hesitation. Nice acclerations and top speed. Might use it at the 9 hour endurance race at Tsukuba.
No understeer? It appears you're driving the car better than I do. :lol:

Thank you for the group tests NascarManiaco!

No problem! There's more to come if you saw the list I posted some posts ago. Oh, you can call me Maniaco, NM99 or Michelin if you want. Maniaco or NM99 because in the forums I enter of NR2003 (Simulation game about NASCAR) that's the way everyone calls me, so I'm pretty accustomed with it. Michelin because that's my last name and the way I'm known between my friends.

I'll have a look a that mid-speed understeer.

I used the Honda instead of the Acura. The Honda weight way less (918kg) than the Acura (1019kg) with Weight Reduction Stage 3. Might be wrong though.

No understeer? It appears you're driving the car better than I do. :lol:

Driving that many FFs in a row had to work for something, hadn't? :lol:
And the Insight will come with me at the Horror 9 hour race (Tsukuba). If I throw some Racing Soft tires in it, would it need any changes in the setup to couple with the extra grip it would gain?

No problem! There's more to come if you saw the list I posted some posts ago. Oh, you can call me Maniaco, NM99 or Michelin if you want. Maniaco or NM99 because in the forums I enter of NR2003 (Simulation game about NASCAR) that's the way everyone calls me, so I'm pretty accustomed with it. Michelin because that's my last name and the way I'm known between my friends.

Your surname is Michelin? That's awesome. I thought you just really liked that tyre brand. :lol:👍
I used the Honda instead of the Acura. The Honda weight way less (918kg) than the Acura (1019kg) with Weight Reduction Stage 3. Might be wrong though.

Oh I see. I'm not sure if the Honda benefits from being 100kg lighter or if the Acura benefits from being 100kg heavier. FF's do like having a bit of weight on the front wheels. I should just build a Honda version too.

Driving that many FFs in a row had to work for something, hadn't? :lol:
And the Insight will come with me at the Horror 9 hour race (Tsukuba). If I throw some Racing Soft tires in it, would it need any changes in the setup to couple with the extra grip it would gain?

Seems so! Also you will die if you try that. The Insight is not a rival to the Amuse S2000. :lol: I always say if you're going to put racing softs on an FF tune made for sports softs, double the rear spring rate. So do that.

Your surname is Michelin? That's awesome. I thought you just really liked that tyre brand. :lol:👍

My surname is Michelin. Quite hard to believe, eh? :lol: Shame that it's the poor part of the Michelin's (the rich ones are the tyre brand :lol:)

Oh I see. I'm not sure if the Honda benefits from being 100kg lighter or if the Acura benefits from being 100kg heavier. FF's do like having a bit of weight on the front wheels. I should just build a Honda version too.

If I wasn't helping Bob win the FGT championship I would share mine.

Seems so! Also you will die if you try that. The Insight is not a rival to the Amuse S2000. :lol: I always say if you're going to put racing softs on an FF tune made for sports softs, double the rear spring rate. So do that.

Would be a nice challenge, wouldn't? :lol:
I'll try that later today (2 AM here :lol:). If I beat the S2K GT1 with an Insight, nothing is impossible. :lol:

I've tried a couple of your garages tunes and they work great. I was wondering if u could help me with a drag tune. I would really appreciate it.

I've tried a couple of your garages tunes and they work great. I was wondering if u could help me with a drag tune. I would really appreciate it.
Thanks, but unfortunately we're not pro drag tuners. You're best off asking in the drag forum. 👍
Hmm, maybe I should take these settings and apply them to grandma's 330i in real life... 💡 :D

We will not be held responsible if you cause an accident. :P

As a celebration of reaching level 40, I have opened a lovely bottle of cider and repainted my rather special RKM Enzo GT in orange, since it won the last race that earnt those last few XP points :dopey:

TTnvn.jpg

a7sXR.jpg

6LjfJ.jpg

VKtHJ.jpg

As a celebration of reaching level 40, I have opened a lovely bottle of cider and repainted my rather special RKM Enzo GT in orange, since it won the last race that earnt those last few XP points :dopey:

TTnvn.jpg

a7sXR.jpg

6LjfJ.jpg

VKtHJ.jpg

Looks very nice!
But I still prefer my yellow Enzo with black BBS wheels.
After I finish my batch of reviews, I'll put some pics of the cars I've tested.

NascarManiaco99
Looks very nice!
But I still prefer my yellow Enzo with black BBS wheels.
After I finish my batch of reviews, I'll put some pics of the cars I've tested.

I wanted to paint mine in something that wasn't an option when buying the car, so no red, or yellow, or black...the Kenya Orange suits it well with clearcoat grey BBS rims :D

I wanted to paint mine in something that wasn't an option when buying the car, so no red, or yellow, or black...the Kenya Orange suits it well with clearcoat grey BBS rims :D

Makes sense. Level 40 A or B-Spec?

Both now...40 B-Spec wasn't exactly an achievment, just laziness leaving the console on overnight to do the endurances

Need to do both 24hrs races to finish B-Spec Mode.
On A-Spec I need the FGT, Roadster 4hr, Laguna Seca 90 Lap, Indy 500, Horror 9Hr (Tsukuba), both 24hr.
Either way I have 96% of the game completed :lol:
EDIT: 1100th post! YAY! :D!

Last edited:

Meh... I have this certain habit where if it's a Ferrari, I only use colors with Italian names.

Same goes with Lamborghini, and possibly Alfa Romeo (which I never bothered, someone whack me for this).

Back