RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

I just tried out the tune for the ZR1 RM. The only thing I can say is it spins out pretty easily if you try to take any turn at more than 60MPH. Was planning on using this for the American Championship, but I can't pull more than 2nd for the Grand Valley Speedway. Do you thingk you could make a 'Vette ZR1 RM tune for this track?

EDIT: I said Grand Valley, I meant Laguna Seca.

Last edited:
Hello RKM team. I've just tried out two of your tunes. One on the MX5 SC and the other on the Civic VTI. I'll start on the review on the Civic as I think that is the better vehicle.

Civic Review:

First of all, I've only done a light performance and weight tuning on this (stage 1 engine, reduction, windows and ecu as well as exhaust and intake) so I haven't got it up to full power.

With your suspension set up and gear ratios this car is such a beast to drive! I have been using this car in the FF Seasonal and it is just super quick and beats all of the other cars. My latest race with it was at Daytona and I lapped a 4m59s total lap time with a 10 second total lead over the 5 laps.

It was a blast to drive, shame this car isn't premium though as it would have been even better.

Now on to the MX5-SC review:

This car is just so awesome to drive, tested it on the MX5 race at Tsubuka (sp?) It just glides through the corners and the back end hardly steps out at all such an awesome handling care with enough power to boot as well!

One of my favourite cars in my garage!

So now, if it would be possible I would like to request a tune!

GTP Name: ReDxHorneT.
PSN Name: ReDxHorneT.
Your Car: Peugeot 106 S16 (GTi) 1999.
Sending Your Own Car? No. Requires to be under 400pp.
Tuning Request: I would like this car to be eligible for the online seasonals (you know, the ones with the 400pp limit).
Link To Review: See above.

If neither of you have the car I would be willing to send it but I would like it back :)

Thanks a lot RKM,

Red.

I just tried out the tune for the ZR1 RM. The only thing I can say is it spins out pretty easily if you try to take any turn at more than 60MPH. Was planning on using this for the American Championship, but I can't pull more than 2nd for the Grand Valley Speedway. Do you thingk you could make a 'Vette ZR1 RM tune for this track?
Well it is an old tune that hasn't been updated, it's no surprise that it's too drifty. I actually use MFT's setup for my own ZR1 RM so you should definitely check it out too. Just click here.
GTP Name: ReDxHorneT.
PSN Name: ReDxHorneT.
Your Car: Peugeot 106 S16 (GTi) 1999.
Sending Your Own Car? No. Requires to be under 400pp.
Tuning Request: I would like this car to be eligible for the online seasonals (you know, the ones with the 400pp limit).
Link To Review: See above.

If neither of you have the car I would be willing to send it but I would like it back :)

Thanks a lot RKM,

Red.
I have the car already so that won't be a problem. Since it's for seasonals, I'll try and make it work with B-Spec too. Should be a good little moneymaker. 👍 I'd recommend trying Onboy123's 106 setup in the mean time. Just click here.

I have the car already so that won't be a problem. Since it's for seasonals, I'll try and make it work with B-Spec too. Should be a good little moneymaker. 👍 I'd recommend trying Onboy123's 106 setup in the mean time. Just click here.

Sure I'll try out Onboy's set up. I'm glad that you can switch between tunes in GT5 now!

Can't wait to try out RKM's tune!

Red.

If any RKM fans want to follow the RKM KIA Impreza Touring Car during another endurance race we'll be using it during Le Mans weekend to complete the 9 Hours of Tsukuba. Full race blog will be found here on GTPlanet.

9 Hours of Tsukuba Live Blog

Thanks to Roj for taking a bit of extra time working out some kinks for me before this event.

If any RKM fans want to follow the RKM KIA Impreza Touring Car during another endurance race we'll be using it during Le Mans weekend to complete the 9 Hours of Tsukuba. Full race blog will be found here on GTPlanet.

9 Hours of Tsukuba Live Blog

Thanks to Roj for taking a bit of extra time working out some kinks for me before this event.
Damn you've got a seat and everything. Glad the tweaks to the Kia helped the team. 👍
Hey Roj, just wondering how the 106 tune is coming along.
I started it and it was doing good, but then I got sidetracked with other things. I'll have it finished pretty soon. 👍

yo Roj, I was racing at the LM24 after-race party. 3rd race, competing in LMP class. I used your Killer Whale tune that I had on my 908 for ages. Racing at 680+ hp and 950 kg. Started at 1st for no reason, and then I left everyone in the dusts for like two laps until OK8 the driving god caught up and took my position.

your tune is indeed a killer even until now :lol:

yo Roj, I was racing at the LM24 after-race party. 3rd race, competing in LMP class. I used your Killer Whale tune that I had on my 908 for ages. Racing at 680+ hp and 950 kg. Started at 1st for no reason, and then I left everyone in the dusts for like two laps until OK8 the driving god caught up and took my position.

your tune is indeed a killer even until now :lol:

It's RJ's 908, but the comment is appreciated. :P

It's RJ's 908, but the comment is appreciated. :P

Damn my poor memory :lol:

but yeah, I was holding first until OK8 caught up. And then I stuck to 2nd as if I was glued to it. it's such a beast. It takes high speed corners pretty well too (which is what La Sarthe is mostly made of haha). It only took a slip in my concentration to lose positions, but I didn't even get my hands on 3rd place. I never knew a noob like me could stay in the top field with this kind of car. :D

gotta love the good ol' RKM magic that still does justice in the Spec II era.

You know, had my PS3 not been a POS3, I'd have probably beaten you with my 908 guess tune, right? :lol: Though I wasn't even there to begin with thanks to said POS3. :lol:

Damn my poor memory :lol:

but yeah, I was holding first until OK8 caught up. And then I stuck to 2nd as if I was glued to it. it's such a beast. It takes high speed corners pretty well too (which is what La Sarthe is mostly made of haha). It only took a slip in my concentration to lose positions, but I didn't even get my hands on 3rd place. I never knew a noob like me could stay in the top field with this kind of car. :D

gotta love the good ol' RKM magic that still does justice in the Spec II era.

RKM magic is like the ceramic brakes on a Porsche. They never fade. :sly:

Also is it me or does OK8 look like a sideways stick man with really big testicles? :lol:

You know, had my PS3 not been a POS3, I'd have probably beaten you with my 908 guess tune, right? :lol: Though I wasn't even there to begin with thanks to said POS3. :lol:

What's up with your PS3? If it's broken I'm going to hit you with my laptop, because we have to play more Blur. :grumpy:

Also is it me or does OK8 look like a sideways stick man with really big testicles? :lol:

I dunno with that, but he does have the balls of steel. Imagine PERFECTLY driving around the Nordschleife in a Yellowbird. :drool:

RKM Motorsport’s Civic VTi-R

CivicVTiR.jpg

CivicVTiR_Big.jpg

Based on: Honda Civic Type R (EK) ‘97

Just tested this out. Its great. Actually I directly started with some seasonal event for up to 500pp cars. I was amazed that this car handled better than my Impreza which is more powerful. It still need some a bit more kick in, so I added a 1 stage turbo and its fine for me now :) It feels very responsive but for some reason you can suffer some understeer sometimes. Its odd because the car is very light. I say its odd because I tried with Racing Soft and I expected perfect handling. Its not a big deal though. Great setup as I said. Its now my main car for the up to 500pp events. Poor Impreza :indiff: lol

The tune is probably not aggressive enough for racing softs, hence the relative understeer. On sports tires it's actually easier to incite oversteer; pretty much any car built for sports tires will understeer "more" on racing tires.

@ Rotary Junkie: maybe you are right. On some maps I was doing better with Sport tires. Its not a bad choice to use front sport and read racing or maybe thats just me lol

RKM Motorsport's Viper GTS

ViperGTS.jpg

ViperGTS_Big.jpg

Really fun car to drive! I made some adjustments to my drivestyle though. But I am kinda amazed that this car is capable of being a good circuit car and not just drag one. If you can control your foot and not floor it all the time its pretty nice really. Everybody who is wondering what to drive and want to test something different - this setup is for you 👍 But to be honest I am not taking it out against some serious competition with better grip. This car is still a Viper in its core so watch out anyway :)

Anyway I will make one request

GTP Name: WinterUSCM
Sending Your Own Car? Read below
Tuning Request: I want a car which can make a low 57 sec or high 56 on High Speed Ring. I tried with my own tuned Viper ACR but I can't go below low 58s :/ I tried with a few other cars such as different Lambos (except the Aventador since I dont own any DLC) but I can't make em even close to this time. They are more likely mid 59s or low 1 min. I know you are way more experienced tuners and thats why I decided to leave you to pick the car. Because you know more than me which car is capable to do this. Its not a problem for me to buy the car and upgrade it as you say, and then send it back to you to make the tune :)
Link To Review: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7232766#post7232766 and this one for the Viper ;)

I will, if I get a chance to see it at the UCD :\ I am sad now because I saw it a few days ago but I skipped it. Btw I am sure I can make a better lap with the ACR if I had a wheel, g25 or 27, but with the DS3 is annoying to steer such powerful cars FR with everything OFF >:| If any other car from the RKM garage which can be bought from the official dealer can do the times I posted just tell me. I don't need someone to tune me a car special for me if there is a car which can do the same lap time already :D

Last edited:
So I'm planning another review giveaway! Since I'm planning on posting up my new S2000 soon, I think the first to write a good review of it shall recieve the original African Violet painted beast. With white wheels and a full carbon bodykit, rumoured 400+bhp turbo'd engine and racing slicks too...if people are lucky I may well release a photo of it tonight, just as a teaser :D

both of these are RKM Tunes, one is Dragonthing's Golf R (which i love to DEATH! its become my 'Ring Rider) the other is the Golf GiT,both in hemi orange. for some reason they look stunning in that color
imwSm.jpg

LL8wf.jpg

RKM your tunes are legendary. Just getting ready to do the R35 nurburg 24-hour car, Pikachu and Maxi Pad.

Regards,

Red.

Back