RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

I will, if I get a chance to see it at the UCD :\ I am sad now because I saw it a few days ago but I skipped it. Btw I am sure I can make a better lap with the ACR if I had a wheel, g25 or 27, but with the DS3 is annoying to steer such powerful cars FR with everything OFF >:| If any other car from the RKM garage which can be bought from the official dealer can do the times I posted just tell me. I don't need someone to tune me a car special for me if there is a car which can do the same lap time already :D
Are you sticking to road cars? Because the Camaro RM that we named Deathscythe could probably beat the ACR's lap without trying. It's already a beast on sports soft tyres. Give it racing rubber and it's gone. :lol:
both of these are RKM Tunes, one is Dragonthing's Golf R (which i love to DEATH! its become my 'Ring Rider) the other is the Golf GiT,both in hemi orange. for some reason they look stunning in that color
All you need now is the MK5. :D
RKM your tunes are legendary. Just getting ready to do the R35 nurburg 24-hour car, Pikachu and Maxi Pad.

Regards,

Red.
They'll make a movie about our tunes one day. Lord of The Coilovers. :lol: Thanks for giving Pikachu some love, there's not enough Pikachu reviews in this thread. :dopey:

Now, as some of you may know, me and Onboi are going to host some mini endurance races. The first one is on the 29th June at 9:30am GMT. It will be a 10 lap race at La Sarthe in LMP racers. I expect ti see at least one of the RKM crew there. :D

Are you sticking to road cars? Because the Camaro RM that we named Deathscythe could probably beat the ACR's lap without trying. It's already a beast on sports soft tyres. Give it racing rubber and it's gone. :lol:

They'll make a movie about our tunes one day. Lord of The Coilovers. :lol: Thanks for giving Pikachu some love, there's not enough Pikachu reviews in this thread. :dopey:

I'll post it up in my own Review thread. Been meaning to create one for ages now.

I have one,i think but i don't think one of your tunes is on it. i know i have a MK.IV RM with RKM tune. but i don't think i did the Mark V golf. (both pictures where taken in offline two player mode.)

i love Dragonthings Golf R its a must build for any VW/AWD fans.

Dragonthing, your R35 GTR is perfect for the 650pp seasonals, I just need to skip the races which have the BMW McLaren/Pagani LM cars.

I will get round to posting a more detailed review when I get my review thread up and running this weekend.

I will try the Scythe tomorrow, Roj ;) I already have a Camaro RM so I will just add the Scythe setup :) I will try the R34 Black Edition too. Today some guys were kicking everyone's butt on High Speed Ring with their M3s tunned up to 550pp. And ofc the race was restricted to 550pp. I hope the Black Edition can beat those ^^

Sadly - no. The Scythe can't beat ACR's time. The Viper is way too fast for the Camaro. Even with its better handling the Camaro cant beat such high speed gap during the long straight part of the circuit. Now I am ready to try the Black Edition ^^ Maybe it will become my new 550pp car :)

EDIT: the Black Edition is not that good imo. I test those all round cars on Tsukuba Circuit. It gave slow time. SRT4 with 500pp is with faster time. I was very surprised when I saw that. But I tried your NSX Type R tune (with slight changes) and it just ruled the course. This Honda just destroyed Mine's Terminator time ^^ (which is WAY faster than the Black Edition)

Last edited:
WinterUSCM
Sadly - no. The Scythe can't beat ACR's time. The Viper is way too fast for the Camaro. Even with its better handling the Camaro cant beat such high speed gap during the long straight part of the circuit. Now I am ready to try the Black Edition ^^ Maybe it will become my new 550pp car :)

EDIT: the Black Edition is not that good imo. I test those all round cars on Tsukuba Circuit. It gave slow time. SRT4 with 500pp is with faster time. I was very surprised when I saw that. But I tried your NSX Type R tune (with slight changes) and it just ruled the course. This Honda just destroyed Mine's Terminator time ^^ (which is WAY faster than the Black Edition)

Perhaps I should put my R34 on share :D it's tuned specially for 550PP on Sports Soft tyres and it's the little sister to my R34 Nür 800

Great tomica leaf Roj as you said it handles on rails, which indeed it does, and your zz2 tune is very well done, it corners magnificently, and goes like a bat out of hell

Roj, your Honda S2000 is amazing. It's up in my lonely 10/10 tunes club alongside a few other epic tunes across this site. Anything similar that you'd recommend me to try next? 👍

korza493
Now, as some of you may know, me and Onboi are going to host some mini endurance races. The first one is on the 29th June at 9:30am GMT. It will be a 10 lap race at La Sarthe in LMP racers. I expect ti see at least one of the RKM crew there. :D

Well that works for me, an 8-hour time difference puts me at 1:30 am here :D I'll do my best to attend, sounds like a lot of fun.

Edit: also kinda stupid question, what are LMP racers? I feel like I should know this already.

Achyllis
Well that works for me, an 8-hour time difference puts me at 1:30 am here :D I'll do my best to attend, sounds like a lot of fun.

Edit: also kinda stupid question, what are LMP racers? I feel like I should know this already.

LeMans Prototype?

I just pass by to say that the Mine's Terminator is perfect for the new AWD Seasonal Event. Power limited for the event requirements though. But it fits perfectly well. You become first at the end of the first lap or in the beginning of the second one. It just works well :)

Well that's a shame, I thought the gap in speed wouldn't be as much of a deciding factor when you have the cornering abilities of the Deathscythe. :lol:

Sorry that the R34 didn't perform well for you, not sure what went wrong there.
Great tomica leaf Roj as you said it handles on rails, which indeed it does, and your zz2 tune is very well done, it corners magnificently, and goes like a bat out of hell
Thank you! 👍
Roj, your Honda S2000 is amazing. It's up in my lonely 10/10 tunes club alongside a few other epic tunes across this site. Anything similar that you'd recommend me to try next? 👍
RJ's RX-8's are worth a drive, they handle brilliantly even on comfort tyres, so you should try those. :)
I just pass by to say that the Mine's Terminator is perfect for the new AWD Seasonal Event. Power limited for the event requirements though. But it fits perfectly well. You become first at the end of the first lap or in the beginning of the second one. It just works well :)
Thanks! :)
Heh, I really should post up my Impreza Sedan now o..o completely slaughtering the new seasonals with stock power and 461PP :D
Yes you totally should. :P

Btw you can see how I am doing with the Viper, I guess its pretty lame since I am using DS3 and not some wheel. I am pretty sure I can go below the current time if I had some wheel (at least 270 degree)

I was wondering if you guys had plans for a 120d bmw i have a clean test bed but the car is a torque monster id like to see it doing what rojs 1 series was doing, let me know if you guys need a test bed, thanks for the great work you all put in

Review: Chuck Tesla

My mouth hurts, because I can't wipe this stupid grin off my face. What's more, I'm grinning over the bastard child of a Lotus Elise and a Prius of all things.

The stock Tesla is not entirely boring to drive, but I put it away in moth balls after just 14.7 miles according to my garage. Its just not very engaging to me.
However RKM has put their magic fingers all over this car, and it shows, oh how it shows.

I killed the battery, twice. Yeah, it's that fun.
Over at Deep Forest Raceway, its pure Chucking bliss! It's understeer is minimized, it's oversteer is
perfectly balanced, and the brakes are eager to help pitch into corners. My embarrassing lap times dropped considerably, and would have lowered even further if I could have followed a proper racing line; the car begs you to throw it around. The electric torque band is flat a granite, which makes it a great newbie drifter, no gears to shuffle, no power band to baby sit; JUST CHUCK IT! Hammer down, wheel cranked, its the
reason cars were made, pure rubber twisting joy.

9/10 RKM made electric cars fun, who knew it was possible?

Roj, I dont know if the new DLC is available in the UK yet, so I tried to send you a Scion FR-S 12 as I figured you were dieing to get your hands on one (Its pretty much identical to the 86 GT though). However GT5 wont let me send the car as it is DLC so I have put a stock one and a fully upgraded one on share. I broke my thumb and am unable to play GT5 for a few weeks so enjoy

Btw you can see how I am doing with the Viper, I guess its pretty lame since I am using DS3 and not some wheel. I am pretty sure I can go below the current time if I had some wheel (at least 270 degree)
I use a DS3 too, it's not so bad. :embarrassed: Nice lap. 👍
I was wondering if you guys had plans for a 120d bmw i have a clean test bed but the car is a torque monster id like to see it doing what rojs 1 series was doing, let me know if you guys need a test bed, thanks for the great work you all put in
There's no plans for a 120d from me at least. Maybe Dragonthing wants to do one. You could always do a review for a request too. 👍
Review: Chuck Tesla

9/10 RKM made electric cars fun, who knew it was possible?
We're very eco-friendly here at RKM. :lol: But yeah electric cars have their charms, which makes them fun in their own funky way. Thanks for the review! :D:tup:
Roj, I dont know if the new DLC is available in the UK yet, so I tried to send you a Scion FR-S 12 as I figured you were dieing to get your hands on one (Its pretty much identical to the 86 GT though). However GT5 wont let me send the car as it is DLC so I have put a stock one and a fully upgraded one on share. I broke my thumb and am unable to play GT5 for a few weeks so enjoy

It's available now. I couldn't borrow the cars from you (as expected for DLC really), but thanks for the thought. :)

Edit: This was probably expected, but for those who don't know, GT86 settings fit like a glove on the FR-S. So enjoy! :D

Last edited:
RKM Motorsport’s Golf GTI The First

GolfGTITheFirst.jpg

GolfGTITheFirst_Big.jpg

Based on: Volkswagen Golf I GTI ‘76
Obtained: Used Car Dealership

Drivetrain: FF
Horsepower: 201 BHP (@ 54,689.7 miles)
Torque:---- 22 kgfm
Weight:---- 728 kg
PP:-------- 465

PARTS
GT Auto

BBS RE-MG Wheels

PARTS
Tuning Shop

Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Medium Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Ballast

Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 2.342
2nd:-- 1.567
3rd:-- 1.184
4th:-- 0.924
5th:-- 0.734
Final: 4.500
Max Speed: 180 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 10/0
Accel:-- 60/0
Braking: 30/0

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 8.0/3.5
Extension:-- 7/10
Compression: 5/9
Anti-Roll:-- 1/2
Camber:----- 1.5/2.0
Toe:-------- –0.15/0.05

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 8/10

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
Requested by harry13. We’ve given every Golf in the game some love, except for the original Golf GTI. Harry asked us to fix that, so we did.

As usual with old cars with skinny tyres, it’s very easy to load the front tyres. Simply backing off the throttle is enough to keep the understeer demons away in this Golf.

Last edited:
Hey guys, is there any chance I could have one of you take a quick look at my Spirra 4.6? Ill send it to you if you don't have one. I think it has potential to be the next "Chuck" model!

Hey guys, is there any chance I could have one of you take a quick look at my Spirra 4.6? Ill send it to you if you don't have one. I think it has potential to be the next "Chuck" model!

Sure. :)

Back