RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

This is news to me. I'll have to check this out. đź‘Ť

You'll notice it more on high milers. Find yourself something in the UCD, fit a custom 'box and set it up as you normally would. Then rebuild the engine or change the oil. It will have done strange things to your ratios. I've been caught out a couple of times when submitting cars for shootouts and what-not. Written the car up, changed the oil and then shared the car, for people to then tell me that what I've submitted and what the actual ratios are at odds.

It's not normally a huge difference, but if you're working at the top or bottom end of a ratio, it's enough that people won't be able to exactly replicate your settings. I imagine that it's changes in the cars power that does it, much like (un)installing parts...

{Cy}

Looks like I have stuff to edit! :dopey: thanks for the review on the N24 and help spotting my mistakes! :D
Remember to edit the missing parts onto your S2000 too. :P

I picked up an EP3 Type R with 24k on the clock. Without oil or an engine rebuild it has 186bhp. Then I bought a racing transmission and set it up like this:

Max speed: 155mph
1st: 2.516 <-All the way to the left
2nd: 1.796 <-All the way to the left
3rd: 1.393
4th: 1.118
5th: 0.931
6th: 0.803
Final: 5000

After taking it to GT Auto and giving it fresh oil and and an engine rebuild, I went to check the gear ratios. No change in the ratios.

Perhaps it's just on select cars, or it's something else doing it for you?

I picked up an EP3 Type R with 24k on the clock. Without oil or an engine rebuild it has 186bhp. Then I bought a racing transmission and set it up like this:

Max speed: 155mph
1st: 2.516 <-All the way to the left
2nd: 1.796 <-All the way to the left
3rd: 1.393
4th: 1.118
5th: 0.931
6th: 0.803
Final: 5000

After taking it to GT Auto and giving it fresh oil and and an engine rebuild, I went to check the gear ratios. No change in the ratios.

Perhaps it's just on select cars, or it's something else doing it for you?

I don't suppose you noticed if the available range changed..?? It's entirely possible my fat fingers are to blame :ouch: I'll dig through the garage and see if I can find a car that behaves hinky...

{Cy}

NOT SO NINJA EDIT:
It may also have just been something buggy in the system. What you've done above should have changed something in the gearbox, according to what I've seen in the past. I'm old though, so it may just be best to take me behind the shed and smack me over the head with a shovel...

RKM Motorsport's Python

Python.jpg

Python_Big.jpg

Based on: Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR '08
Obtained: Brand new from Dodge

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 1030 BHP (@ 273.1 miles)
Torque:---- 121 kgfm
Weight:---- 1257 kg
PP:-------- 664

PARTS
GT Auto

Oil Change
Verde Gemma Metallizzato Paint

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Fibre Bonnet (Body Colour)
Sports ECU
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Supercharger
Fully Customisable Transmission
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Fully Customisable LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Racing Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/0

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

Set Final 1, then Max Speed, then Final 2 + individual ratios.
1st:-- 3.578
2nd:-- 2.500
3rd:-- 1.868
4th:-- 1.550
5th:-- 1.350
6th:-- 1.161
Final: 3.000/2.000
Max Speed: 180 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/5
Accel:-- 0/60
Braking: 0/5

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 10.0/7.5
Extension:-- 7/6
Compression: 4/4
Anti-Roll:-- 1/7
Camber:----- 2.5/1.5
Toe:-------- -0.25/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 4/6

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
Oh look, here's the RKM Python, a Dodge Viper ACR with a little more bite...

There is something I can't place my finger on here...whilst this car is not the first choice for proper racing, and whilst it doesn't really handle like a supercar should, it is still so amazing to drive it. And you will enjoy it until it bites you...which is your own fault :sly:

Just remember to be careful with that throttle...you might regret it otherwise
Me again with my specification discrepancies!

Why does the picture have a spoiler on the car yet it doesn't say in the spec that you need to add a spoiler and the aerodynamics are set at 0/0, because if you add aero, as per the picture, you can't have 0/0?

Last edited:
I don't suppose you noticed if the available range changed..?? It's entirely possible my fat fingers are to blame :ouch: I'll dig through the garage and see if I can find a car that behaves hinky...

{Cy}

NOT SO NINJA EDIT:
It may also have just been something buggy in the system. What you've done above should have changed something in the gearbox, according to what I've seen in the past. I'm old though, so it may just be best to take me behind the shed and smack me over the head with a shovel...
I only checked the first couple of gears for the min/max ranges and they didn't change either.

:lol:
Me again!

Why does the picture have a spoiler on the car yet it doesn't say in the spec that you need to add a spoiler and the aerodynamics are set at 0/0?

It's a Viper ACR and that wing is the factory one. It just loses its stripes when you repaint it so it ends up looking like a SRT10 with aero parts.

Regarding the 0/0 downforce, the stock ACR wing doesn't have adjustable downforce so it doesn't open the downforce menu in the settings menu. The only way to know the stock downforce is to add a GT Auto wing and subtract 5 from the lowest rear downforce setting. This gives you 10/20 which is the default ACR downforce settings. I'm assuming Dragonthing didn't know about that and just put 0/0 because that's what you have to assume when you don't see something.

CyKosis1973

{Cy}

NOT SO NINJA EDIT: It may also have just been something buggy in the system. What you've done above should have changed something in the gearbox, according to what I've seen in the past. I'm old though, so it may just be best to take me behind the shed and smack me over the head with a shovel...

But weren't you told to "grow up" in a different thread? How old can you be? :lol:... (I actually know :sly: )

Anyway, I have not noticed the change in a oil change/overhaul, but rather when adding/subtracting parts. Any time you mess with the torque, you mess with the gears :dopey:

... but I too am old, so... :dopey:

It's a Viper ACR and that wing is the factory one. It just loses its stripes when you repaint it so it ends up looking like a SRT10 with aero parts.

Regarding the 0/0 downforce, the stock ACR wing doesn't have adjustable downforce so it doesn't open the downforce menu in the settings menu. The only way to know the stock downforce is to add a GT Auto wing and subtract 5 from the lowest rear downforce setting. This gives you 10/20 which is the default ACR downforce settings. I'm assuming Dragonthing didn't know about that and just put 0/0 because that's what you have to assume when you don't see something.
Oh crap. I've gone and bought the wrong car!!!

A lot. That tune is so many updates behind that I'm surprised it still works. You'll have to ask Rotary Junkie about fixing it up for more power and grip.

Cheers Roj, I did just that and unsurprisingly got some great advice.

Rotary Junkie, cheers again. I tried the camber changes and found that half a degree along with sticking up the both ARBs has done the trick. I also adjusted the LSD settings a little to suit my driving style and now my little Lotus is back to hitting the same sort of lap times it did before PD broke it with the last update. You have my eternal gratitude.

Next stop Roj's LFA GT, let's see how that beast goes.

Keep up the great work guys.

Oh crap. I've gone and bought the wrong car!!!
That's something Dragonthing did actually write correctly, so you can only blame yourself there. :P

Rotary Junkie, cheers again. I tried the camber changes and found that half a degree along with sticking up the both ARBs has done the trick. I also adjusted the LSD settings a little to suit my driving style and now my little Lotus is back to hitting the same sort of lap times it did before PD broke it with the last update. You have my eternal gratitude.

Next stop Roj's LFA GT, let's see how that beast goes.

Keep up the great work guys.

I would not be surprised if the LFA is a lot slidier now, I've not updated that tune for ages. :lol:

RKM Motorsport&#8217;s Carrot Car

CarrotCar.jpg

CarrotCar_Big.jpg

Based on: Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 Carrozzata Da Zagato CN.AR750106 '65
Obtained: Brand new from Alfa Romeo or win the B-Spec Historic Racing Car Cup.

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 253 BHP (@ 243.7 miles)
Torque:---- 24 kgfm
Weight:---- 620 kg
PP:-------- 548

PARTS
GT Auto

Oil Change
BBS RS Wheels

Tuning Shop
Titanium Racing Exhaust
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Racing Hard Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 15/5

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 3.102
2nd:-- 2.222
3rd:-- 1.674
4th:-- 1.351
5th:-- 1.127
Final: 3.000
Max Speed: 112 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/8
Accel:-- 0/60
Braking: 0/10

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -35/-35
Spring Rate: 6.6/2.8
Extension:-- 7/10
Compression: 5/10
Anti-Roll:-- 6/7
Camber:----- 2.2/1.5
Toe:-------- &#8211;0.15/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/7

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
Tuned for the Clueless Classic Shootout at the Nurburgring GP/D circuit.

This is the Carrot Car, named as such because it looks like a carrot. Also it has Carrozzata in its name, which sounds like carrot if you say it with an accent.

Settings are very loosely based on Dragonthing's Giulia TZ2 tune, but optimised for the Nurburgring GP/D track.

Last edited:

Good to hear it actually worked. :lol:

bonjour Vti. tu ne mets pas les réglages dgl! réglages stock?
Je suis désolé mais je ne parle pas français. J'utilise un traducteur pour écrire à écrire ceci.

I'm sorry but I don't speak French. I'm using a translator to write to write this.

Oh I forgot to write that down. Thanks for reminding me. đź‘Ť

The LSD settings for the TZ2 are:

Initial: 0/8
Accel: 0/60
Braking: 0/10

I don't think I've seen settings that extreme since... well since you entered your Atenza into the Seasonal FF Challenge Shootout. :lol:

With you having adjusted all the settings for your tunes to account for Spec 2, do they make much difference to the performance of the car?

I need to update all of mine but I can't remember which of my cars are your tunes!

Have you done a Ferrari SP1? Only reason I've picked that one out is because I'm looking at it on my screen now! (Images don't appear to be working so can't see your first post)

EDIT - You've got a couple of tunes based on the FT86 II Concept 11, which DLC package is this from as I thought I had them all and I don't have that car in my garage. I've also had a look at all the DLC in the PS Store and unless I'm being blind, I can't see a package that contains that car. Also the Subaru BRZ S 12.

Last edited:
With you having adjusted all the settings for your tunes to account for Spec 2, do they make much difference to the performance of the car?

I need to update all of mine but I can't remember which of my cars are your tunes!
In some cases, a lot. Not so much in others. I aimed to just make sure the new physics didn't screw over any of my tunes so if any got faster, it's just because the car agrees with the new physics more.
Have you done a Ferrari SP1? Only reason I've picked that one out is because I'm looking at it on my screen now! (Images don't appear to be working so can't see your first post)
I have but it was never updated for Spec 2. Dragonthing has one but hasn't posted it yet.

Also if you scroll down to the second post, there's a nice collection of text links for when our images go down. đź‘Ť
EDIT - You've got a couple of tunes based on the FT86 II Concept 11, which DLC package is this from as I thought I had them all and I don't have that car in my garage. I've also had a look at all the DLC in the PS Store and unless I'm being blind, I can't see a package that contains that car. Also the Subaru BRZ S 12.

It's not from a package exactly. You received it when you purchased the something from the first round of DLC twice. Like people who bought two paint packs, or two car packs. It was a gift slash apology presents from PD for not giving us family packs sooner. It can be gifted though so you can ask around for one. đź‘Ť

In some cases, a lot. Not so much in others. I aimed to just make sure the new physics didn't screw over any of my tunes so if any got faster, it's just because the car agrees with the new physics more.

I have but it was never updated for Spec 2. Dragonthing has one but hasn't posted it yet.

Also if you scroll down to the second post, there's a nice collection of text links for when our images go down. đź‘Ť

It's not from a package exactly. You received it when you purchased the something from the first round of DLC twice. Like people who bought two paint packs, or two car packs. It was a gift slash apology presents from PD for not giving us family packs sooner. It can be gifted though so you can ask around for one. đź‘Ť
Will try and work my way through and update them. If I can work out which are your tunes!

Your second post says that the pre spec 2 tunes won't be text linked? Am I reading that wrong? I can't see your Volvo C30 in that list? (No particular reason for me picking that car, I just know thats one of yours that I've got!).

The DLC thing explains why I haven't got those particular cars then!

Back