Road Atlanta is a nice addition. Too bad the events are "one and done"

Yes, I really don't know why they can't have a good range of events at every track with the same payout per minute as Tokyo. I basically only do the Tokyo race, because there are so many different cars that can be used for it, but it's making the game so much less interesting than it could be.

I can only think that limiting the number of races with a decent payout is intended to push people towards buying credits, but I just can't see many people doing that as they're such terrible value for money.

It's a hell of a track but i forsee total and complete carnage. You need a wheel too, trying to navigate the thing on D-Pad is quite the exercise. Managed gold but I don't think the gold time is very fast tbh.

I bet more events will be added to this venue, though. I especially hope to see online races there, too.

Keep in mind that we still only have one event at Mt. Panorama and Monza. The former could easily have a WTC 700 or WTC 800 round, while the latter could have another round of the Gr.1 Prototype Series.

Last edited:
The Gr.1 event is absolutely painful. I hate Gr.1 in this game so much because it doesn’t make sense at all. Combining old Group C cars with their bad handling quirks, plus 2000’s era LMP1s, modern day hybrid LMPs, and concept cars is a recipe for disaster. I wish the class was separated to the respective eras because it just doesn’t work at all. I’ve tried 3 cars and I still can’t get into first place. The rabbit chasing race design is unacceptable and not fun anymore.

Dan
The Gr.1 event is absolutely painful. I hate Gr.1 in this game so much because it doesn’t make sense at all. Combining old Group C cars with their bad handling quirks, plus 2000’s era LMP1s, modern day hybrid LMPs, and concept cars is a recipe for disaster. I wish the class was separated to the respective eras because it just doesn’t work at all. I’ve tried 3 cars and I still can’t get into first place. The rabbit chasing race design is unacceptable and not fun anymore.
I get why they went with Gr.1 for the Petit le man feel, but Gr.3 would've been a way better choice, even WTC 800, so the GT1 cars could enter.

Dan
Yeah, at 950PP they're just WAY too fast for that deceptive course, especially with the derpy AI drivers sharing the course.
I play on both controller and a wheel and Gr. 1 is definitely a handful with the controller. I have to deaden the suspensions quite a bit with the controller just to keep them on the course whereas with a wheel/pedals I barely need to adjust the suspension/LSD.
Yes, I really don't know why they can't have a good range of events at every track with the same payout per minute as Tokyo. I basically only do the Tokyo race, because there are so many different cars that can be used for it, but it's making the game so much less interesting than it could be.

I can only think that limiting the number of races with a decent payout is intended to push people towards buying credits, but I just can't see many people doing that as they're such terrible value for money.
I'd take just ONE new event that paid as well as Tokyo at this point! I exploited all the bugs for easier credits when it was available, ran scripts, and still put in a lot of credit grind. Yet I'm still about 70mil short of getting all the cars... I can't even imagine how frustrated the players are that just bought the game in the last couple months! It's not even so much that I NEED to finish off the collection, but it costs like 200K or more to get a road car tuned to run Sarthe, about 150K to run Tokyo. Since those are the only events that pay well the only way to make it bearable is tuning different cars to run, and that's where my credits really get eaten up.

It has to be about pushing people to buy credits; they know damned well that this new Gr.1 at Atlanta only pays enough to tune a few cars, and that's assuming you get the CRB.

Again, love the addition of the circuit and it has a lot of potential for great content. The races available are fun as it is, but ~320K for 30+min is way too little. It needs to be doubled/tripled given it's a much more difficult race than Sarthe which can be won with any decent road car and knowing when to pit, let alone de-tuned Gr. 2/1's that make it trivial. There's no doing that when the entire field are running Gr.1's.

Yeah, at 950PP they're just WAY too fast for that deceptive course, especially with the derpy AI drivers sharing the course.
Pheew, glad to see I'm not the only one having problems with this race. And here I thought LeMAns 700 has made me soft and slow.

I love the new track, and the other two races were seriously enjoyable, pity for the wasted potential.

My biggest wish for future “grind” races is that they’re on all tracks and are actually fun to compete in. Sardegna is okay, but I’ve done it to the point it’s stale and Tokyo Expressway in the rain is agonizing. Game designers should be incentivizing players to play on every track. Having a small handful of races that payout better than anything else sours all the effort put into the other tracks.

So basically some people play the game just to grind credits to buy all the cars in the game, just to have some kind of sense of completion of the game. 🤔

That’s a very backwards approach to this game. Idea of a racing game and GT here is to use and race with your cars. What about actually playing the game with those 430+ cars that you already have and not worry about those 20 extremely expensive that you don’t have yet? Getting used to different driving styles those cars require, find good tunes for them, race them on tracks that suit them, race them in Sport Mode and lobbies, find and create liveries for them etc.

If you feel that you don’t have time to grind the credits in Tokyo to get all the cars I’m totally sure you haven’t had time to do all those things much with those 430 cars. Stop caring about credits and just play the game. Eventually you get the credits for those few remaining cars, or maybe not, but that doesn’t make much difference. 😄

Another track is always good,but for me personally,Road Atlanta was a little meh in FM7 and its no different here.The events are one time with a low payout as usual,how hard can it be to add decent payouts,and i dont mean the one time payout races.

Dan
My biggest wish for future “grind” races is that they’re on all tracks and are actually fun to compete in. Sardegna is okay, but I’ve done it to the point it’s stale and Tokyo Expressway in the rain is agonizing. Game designers should be incentivizing players to play on every track. Having a small handful of races that payout better than anything else sours all the effort put into the other tracks.
You're right... I'm still shocked there is no 30min/1H race on the Nurb...
One very easy temporary solution would be to make the Human Comedy missions repeatable.

It's a hell of a track but i forsee total and complete carnage. You need a wheel too, trying to navigate the thing on D-Pad is quite the exercise. Managed gold but I don't think the gold time is very fast tbh.

Why would you use the d-pad? Use the stick.

God, get a life!

8 months in to the game and you're fixated on grinding. Can credits really be a problem this far into the game? A pretty limited game in truth.
I started playing in August and can only do grinding at this point (and the few races and update gets you), so yeah.

So basically some people play the game just to grind credits to buy all the cars in the game, just to have some kind of sense of completion of the game. 🤔

That’s a very backwards approach to this game. Idea of a racing game and GT here is to use and race with your cars. What about actually playing the game with those 430+ cars that you already have and not worry about those 20 extremely expensive that you don’t have yet? Getting used to different driving styles those cars require, find good tunes for them, race them on tracks that suit them, race them in Sport Mode and lobbies, find and create liveries for them etc.

If you feel that you don’t have time to grind the credits in Tokyo to get all the cars I’m totally sure you haven’t had time to do all those things much with those 430 cars. Stop caring about credits and just play the game. Eventually you get the credits for those few remaining cars, or maybe not, but that doesn’t make much difference. 😄
Collecting cars has probably always been a motivator for people in these games. GT7 is designed with car collecting as the main player level and built with FOMO elements around it. Even most of your money comes from one time events like circuit experience or missions. They offer only a couple events that people see as viable for grinding since custom races pay garbage.

Sport mode isn’t for everyone as only like 14% of players have even done one race according to the trophy stats.

Last edited:

Here´s something that´s actually backwards: telling other people how to play THEIR game. Claiming to know the "correct" way to do so. How about you drop this condescending BS and let the people enjoy their game however they want. It´s non of your ****ing business.

Here´s something that´s actually backwards: telling other people how to play THEIR game. Claiming to know the "correct" way to do so. How about you drop this condescending BS and let the people enjoy their game however they want. It´s non of your ****ing business.

Just listing many ways how people can play the game. It’s obviously OK if people want to just collect the cars. That’s one way to play the game.

But then they can currently just do it by playing those repeated grind races if they enjoy it, game allows it. But then it sounds strange how many people simultaneously say that they don’t want to do it. It’s like they do it but don’t enjoy it. 🤔 That’s very bad way to play a game if it feels like obligation. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Collecting cars has probably always been a motivator for people in these games. GT7 is designed with car collecting as the main player level and built with FOMO elements around it. Even most of your money comes from one time events like circuit experience or missions. They offer only a couple events that people see as viable for grinding since custom races pay garbage.

Sport mode isn’t for everyone as only like 14% of players have even done one race according to the trophy stats.

Sport Mode is just one feature in the game. One can do much stuff in single player that is not about credits and CarDex.

Dude, chill down. Besides, look at your text and then your other post:
Why would you use the d-pad? Use the stick.
Doesn't fit. :)

Word. Good post.

No.

It's a car collector game. So people want to earn all the cars but they are obligated to grind credits through the same 4 events and that's why they are complaining. PD deliberately refuses to give us events that pay well.

That's what i loved about GT5, the league progression. You unlocked higher payouts races and better cars to buy because you got the credits for it. You had a sense of progression and the means to buy more expensive cars. Now the events are all over the place.
What about new missions that you can replay WITH earning credits again? Were are the 4 hour, 9 hour, 12 hour, 24hour endurance races everybody wants?

Now i enjoy the game, but it just can be SO MUCH better if PD just didn't stick their head in the ground and refuses to listen to the fanbase.

Why are they now increasing the payouts for races in Sport Mode?? Give us that permanently and give us a reason to play online.

Update 1.26 is the biggest so far, only to come to conclusion that half of it is temporarely.

Quite a tricky track using a wheel too, in particular the twisty first part

I've had this conversation with him in a different thread some time ago. Comes down to @NevilleNobody being old and stubborn. He realises the limitations, but that is the way he chooses to play the game (and quite well, mind you).
It's just muscle memory I am struggling to shake. I try the stick and I am all over the dang road, i don't have the skill set to move the stick MM by MM perfection to take a corner. I try, do maybe 2 or 3 hrs, then I go back to D-pad and best my time by 2 seconds :lol:

Now, how about X for gas? That makes for interesting exits at turn 3 at RBR :)

Back