Robocop Remake - 2014

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 40 comments
NI-408........... If that's Robocop's gun then it needs renaming. Just doesn't role off the tongue like Auto 9 did

So...this like the old one is based in Detroit, but the joke is on them cause Detroit can't afford this cop. Sadly they probably couldn't afford Barney Fife either :(

Well, I really don't want a Robocop remake (I loved the original). But the cast seems good though.

But why in the hell is Samuel Jackson in this movie!? This guy is in every movie and the typecasting hasn't been funny since he appeared in The Spirit!

Saw it 2 days ago in IMAX (I don't know if they upgraded my local IMAX with new sound system or I just was lucky to get into a screening with pumped up volume, but I never heard gunshots so well done in a movie , I could literally feel every shot on my body while watching the screen).

Surprisingly, it is not bad. Unfortunately PG13 rating is holding back this movie little bit (make no mistake, it is still pushing PG rating to it's limit,but with R rating they could explore the whole world they try to create to the fullest), it has strong casting (Keaton, Jackson and especially Michael K. Williams in way too small role), good directing and interesting visual style. Story is predictable but not annoying.

Overall, I liked it, not as much as Paul Verhoeven's original from 1987, but still not bad.

Honestly I loved it. More than the original in many ways. Yeah, the PG 13 rating held back the ultra-violence, but the only thing missing is the actual gore, and the movie more than makes up for it with how much more depth there is to the story. And the action sequences were fast paced without getting confusing, so unless you're looking for it I doubt you'd notice the gory bits were missing. Really surprised by how good it was.

Saw it 2 days ago in IMAX (I don't know if they upgraded my local IMAX with new sound system or I just was lucky to get into a screening with pumped up volume, but I never heard gunshots so well done in a movie , I could literally feel every shot on my body while watching the screen).

I think it mustve been the IMAX version. I was thinking the exact same thing when I left the theater. I was also pleasently surprised by this film being a huge fan of Verhoevens original. Had my doubts, but they were gone by the time the movie finished. I liked how they stuck to the baseline plot and changed some stuff here and there to make it a bit new and refreshing. And Jackson delivered the satire that was present in the original with his role. All in all a good experience and I also definitely recommend giving this one a try.

I'm not impressed with the stealth look. It looks cheap, and as for the exposed hand, words fail me.

DF-03534.jpg
yeah, he looks likes a power ranger.

Back