Rockstar Car Pack (March DLC Pack)

• Thread starter willbsn13
  • 37 comments
New Zealand
New Zealand
Found this on Xbox Smartglass. Still don't know what the other two cars are, but looks really promising so far to be a really good car pack!
For the lazy:
2001 Acura Integra Type-R (Free car)
2015 Subaru WRX STi
2015 Jaguar XFR-S
2014 Volkswagen Beetle GRC

11040704_10153138949119493_28666128_n.jpg

Rubbish choice of free car and I'd rather have had the standard Beetle than the rallycross machine, but the new Rex and that Jag XFR-S are nice additions.

The 15 STi = Epic, I have one and I was hoping for it to be featured in FH2.

01 Type-R = Cool, I used to have one (yellow) Great car, not very fast but still set the benchmark for FWD cars.

95 850 = OMG, My dad used to have a white one when I was in my early teens.

Wow, this car pack has my name all over it. Nostalgic value is high and taking my current car out wil be very fun indeed!

This is the last pack for the Season Pass, right? Disappointing note to end on. It's good to see the XFR-S (though I'd love the Sportbrake), and the return of the 8-series is nice, but the two bugs seem like poor choices.

TWO DIRT RACING BEETLES? THIS WAS UNEXPECTED.

Best pack ever/10. I KNOW, I end up saying "best pack ever" every month, but THIS ONE HAS A BAJA BEETLE. And the new STi. And the Jaaaag XFRS. And a GRC racer. And a Type-R Teggy!

Can't wait to be back home downloading the awesome.

The XFR-S and 850CSi? Awesome.

The rest? Meh. I still want an i8 and a Wraith. :lol:

Pretty decent Car Pack

Not my personal favourite but cerainly not bad

The 850, Desert Dingo and XRF are excellent editions

The Beetle is a bit odd,

Why don't we just throw the Lotus E21 in the game whilst we are at it (Actually that would be stupid fun :P)

But yeah, look forward to giving these cars a go :)

Actually, the E21 is so nuts within the context of this game that makes it the only race car I'd want to see. Going to enjoy the CSI, for sure.

This is driving me crazy. I downloaded the DLC 45 minutes ago but I still can't get it to show up in the game.

Why they adding race cars to a road racing game? It really grinds my gears. But otherwise its an alright pack, certainly not the worst.

Because it makes sense. Rallycross cars race on the dirt. They don't have dirt or dirt races in the Motorsport games, but they have them in Horizon 2 (especially if you've bought the Storm Island EP). Same goes for the raid cars, IMO. They are race cars that fit within the theme of Horizon 2.

This is driving me crazy. I downloaded the DLC 45 minutes ago but I still can't get it to show up in the game.

That happened to me with the last car pack, don't know why but I was able to active it at around 5pm EST. Not sure if thats the case here, but just wanted to share just in case.

About 15 minutes ago, there was an update to the game and now it's available.

2001 Acura Integra Type-R: FWD, little power and a import car with no body kits. I will never use it.
1995 BMW 850CSi: Kinda ugly and rather heavy. Seems like it could be a decent drift car with a little work.
2015 Jaguar XFR-S: I like it's look aside from the spoiler and performs well other than its awful braking. Some better brakes and it could be pretty fun.
2015 Subaru WRX STI: Like the looks and performance, would bang.
2014 Volkswagen Beetle GRC: The best of the pack in terms of performance and not the worse looking. Would have preferred a stock Beetle instead really.
1970 Volkswagen #1107 Desert Dingo Racing Stock Bug: A funny car that should be fun to mod and mess around with online.

I guess I'm strange but the first thing I thought when this pack was announced was "Yay, I'll finally be able to get the 280-car Horizon Promo reward".
I thought that to actually lol.

Hopefully we get an awesome last pack like F5 did. Rolls-Royce, 2015 Mustang, etc.

Also hoping for more expansions. Storm Island was great and there seems to be a couple fun cars with the FF pack.

I was terribly disappointed by the absence of bodykits in the Acura Integra, but that BMW really can kick some backs if properly tuned. My favorite car in the pack, however, is the GRC Beetle. I took it to a Storm Island championship and outright curb-stomped the other racers! It's a fun car to drive, and I think it's a real threat to the Killer B's and their off-road dominance.

Ok just had a drive in the Beetle Rally car

Good god that is a fun car to drive.

Also occasionally quite Scary, I'm sure it tried to kill me on a few Occasions.

May have to take it for a scud round Storm Island somepoint.

VXR
As good a car as it is, that Acura port is sheer laziness. To not even swap a couple of badges to make it a Honda is a sorry move.
Except for that model it's not just a couple of badges.....
honda-integra-06.jpg

Which does not look like this to me at least:
acura-integra-type-r-white-mugen-mf10l-bronze-21.jpg

That Acura picture make me really want the Mugen wheels in game:drool:

Also occasionally quite Scary, I'm sure it tried to kill me on a few Occasions.

I second this: every time I've done a big jump while racing in Storm Island, the GRC Beetle's back would slowly start facing the ground! I was always with the fear it might flip over after the jump, but no, I always managed to come out unscathed!
...All things said, I love this car.

In the UK it's just a couple of badges ;)
So they got the "US" body with Honda badges then? (just making sure I understand)

Edit: well I suppose the plethora of Google Image results showing that makes sense then. I just figured it was a bunch of ricers putting Honda badges on their Acuras again. :lol:

Back