Roulettezoku: Inside The World of Japan's Loop Racers

Discussion in 'Cars in General' started by GTPNewsWire, Nov 18, 2018.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. kikie

kikie Premium

I have watched 4'13" of the youtube clip but, and this is only an innocent question, isn't showing illegal street racing against GTP's policy?

3. Just The Stig

Just The Stig

I crave a new TXR game... TXRD aswell, mountain road drifting, man... TXRD2 is my favorite PS2 game. I feel like it has better overall physics than even GT4 had. I'm not even joking.

I love Japan's culture, and the scenery.

McLaren and Wolfe like this.
  4. Ande3200

Ande3200

Gran turismo 4 was the best racing game back in the day. No other racing game could touch it

5. Just The Stig

Just The Stig

Can't argue with that, but it's safe to say TXRD2 was the most underrated. It wasn't just the gameplay I liked, it was the atmosphere it gave off. I'll never forget racing through a road on Hiroshima with cherry blossoms on either side, and they even fluttered up when you drove over the petals fallen on the ground. Gran Turismo didn't have that feature until GT5.

Both games are also very long. TXRD2 was so deep and secretive you needed a guide just to find every racer and event to complete it.

6. Auditore

Auditore

Everytime i look at that thumbnail i think it's GT Sport footage

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  7. Just The Stig

Just The Stig

Yeah me too, and then I realize it's not from the game because that Supra has a bodykit, which isn't available in the game...then I cry a little on the inside. :(

marcvic and Auditore like this.
  8. GTRyan32

GTRyan32

The guy “albo” who makes these documentaries is actually in love with himself not cars. The narcissism is strong with this one and everything he does is for personal gain and fame. Not worth jeapordising the last vestiges of the underground drift and highway scene in Japan in my opinion.

SVX likes this.
  9. Ande3200

Ande3200

I never seen this game on a store where i live. Even back in My ps2 days. Maybe it was rare

10. Just The Stig

Just The Stig

It was called Kaido Racer 2 in europe. TXRD2 stands for Tokyo Xtreme Racer: Drift 2. It's the 2nd and last game in the Drift series before the developers ran out of funds from poor sales IIRC...sad story.

11. McLaren

McLaren Premium

I played TXR:Zero at my buddies' place a while back. Brought back a lot of memories of hours playing it. Had such a crazy amount of difficulty at time with either certain opponents or trying to be in the right place at the right time. We're long overdue for it to come back.

12. Just The Stig

Just The Stig

...I've too many posts in this thread already but I'll just share this: Somebody is recreating Wangan Midnight and Initial D games (what TXR games were based off) in Unity: staka117 -

McLaren and Eunos_Cosmo like this.
  13. Eunos_Cosmo

Eunos_Cosmo

TXR Zero and TXR3 were some of my favorite PS2 games. Would love to see them return. Please update the handling model though, Zero was especially bad.

Just The Stig likes this.
  14. Jetboy.

Jetboy.

Mon Dieu that looks fantastic!! :eek:

15. SVX

SVX Premium

All of the Initial D and Wangan arcade games are emulated now and available for download on PC.

16. Just The Stig

Just The Stig

Where? If you're talking about Emuparadise, that site is dead.

17. SVX

SVX Premium

Nope, it's relatively new. I can't state the how and where of course, but YouTube will have your answers.

18. Just The Stig

Just The Stig

May have found something... :odd: Cheers. :cheers:

19. mekonrider

mekonrider

Love stuff like that running old Supras and the like. Cars peaked in the 90s imo. They had just the right mix of individual style and technology and the Japanese could do no wrong with hardly anything - cars, films, games.

Now cars have too much tech and nearly the entire range of cars 'normal' people buy are just aero-jelly moulds with overly aggressive ESP systems. Kids these days will never get the joy of that direct feeling to your wheels. Then again my first car was a 1275gt mini and you can't much more basic than that but what feel.

20. mustafur

mustafur

Someone a few years ago did a mini documentry on the Kanjozoku and No Good Racing, really insightful in their mentality.

Corporate 9 to 5 at day and Street Racer at Night:

Joey D likes this.