Roulettezoku: Inside The World of Japan's Loop Racers

I have watched 4'13" of the youtube clip but, and this is only an innocent question, isn't showing illegal street racing against GTP's policy?

I crave a new TXR game... TXRD aswell, mountain road drifting, man... TXRD2 is my favorite PS2 game. I feel like it has better overall physics than even GT4 had. I'm not even joking.

I love Japan's culture, and the scenery.

Gran turismo 4 was the best racing game back in the day. No other racing game could touch it
Can't argue with that, but it's safe to say TXRD2 was the most underrated. It wasn't just the gameplay I liked, it was the atmosphere it gave off. I'll never forget racing through a road on Hiroshima with cherry blossoms on either side, and they even fluttered up when you drove over the petals fallen on the ground. Gran Turismo didn't have that feature until GT5.

Both games are also very long. TXRD2 was so deep and secretive you needed a guide just to find every racer and event to complete it.

The guy “albo” who makes these documentaries is actually in love with himself not cars. The narcissism is strong with this one and everything he does is for personal gain and fame. Not worth jeapordising the last vestiges of the underground drift and highway scene in Japan in my opinion.

Can't argue with that, but it's safe to say TXRD2 was the most underrated. It wasn't just the gameplay I liked, it was the atmosphere it gave off. I'll never forget racing through a road on Hiroshima with cherry blossoms on either side, and they even fluttered up when you drove over the petals fallen on the ground. Gran Turismo didn't have that feature until GT5.

Both games are also very long. TXRD2 was so deep and secretive you needed a guide just to find every racer and event to complete it.
I never seen this game on a store where i live. Even back in My ps2 days. Maybe it was rare

I never seen this game on a store where i live. Even back in My ps2 days. Maybe it was rare
It was called Kaido Racer 2 in europe. TXRD2 stands for Tokyo Xtreme Racer: Drift 2. It's the 2nd and last game in the Drift series before the developers ran out of funds from poor sales IIRC...sad story.

I crave a new TXR game... TXRD aswell, mountain road drifting, man... TXRD2 is my favorite PS2 game. I feel like it has better overall physics than even GT4 had. I'm not even joking.

I love Japan's culture, and the scenery.
I played TXR:Zero at my buddies' place a while back. Brought back a lot of memories of hours playing it. Had such a crazy amount of difficulty at time with either certain opponents or trying to be in the right place at the right time. We're long overdue for it to come back.

I played TXR:Zero at my buddies' place a while back. Brought back a lot of memories of hours playing it. Had such a crazy amount of difficulty at time with either certain opponents or trying to be in the right place at the right time. We're long overdue for it to come back.
...I've too many posts in this thread already but I'll just share this: Somebody is recreating Wangan Midnight and Initial D games (what TXR games were based off) in Unity: staka117 -

Love stuff like that running old Supras and the like. Cars peaked in the 90s imo. They had just the right mix of individual style and technology and the Japanese could do no wrong with hardly anything - cars, films, games.

Now cars have too much tech and nearly the entire range of cars 'normal' people buy are just aero-jelly moulds with overly aggressive ESP systems. Kids these days will never get the joy of that direct feeling to your wheels. Then again my first car was a 1275gt mini and you can't much more basic than that but what feel.

Someone a few years ago did a mini documentry on the Kanjozoku and No Good Racing, really insightful in their mentality.

Corporate 9 to 5 at day and Street Racer at Night:

Latest Posts

Back