Round 12: 24 Hours of Le Mans

• Thread starter AJ
  • 133 comments
I have a practice lobby up and going for the entirety of the race for all teams and their drivers to warm up before their stints. It is under the club's page on GT6, so stop on by and prepare yourself!

Well, that was unexpected. Thanks to @AJ for allowing the last minute driver change. @lorddragonKD was scheduled to race and had joined the lobby, but 10 minutes before the grid formation he lost power as a result of storms in his area.

Not only was I not expecting to race today (being team manager) but I was not prepared for the wet weather. Apologies to my teammates for the poor showing, and apologies to our competitors for any dramas on track. I tried to be as aware of other cars as possible and to stay well out of eveyone's way.

Unbeliveable experience being able to make a commentary debut at Le Mans of all places! It was clear I was struggling in areas but I was very nervous! Huge honour to commentate alongside Tom, that certainly didn't help the nerves, I can't wait until the next opportunity!

Unbeliveable experience being able to make a commentary debut at Le Mans of all places! It was clear I was struggling in areas but I was very nervous! Huge honour to commentate alongside Tom, that certainly didn't help the nerves, I can't wait until the next opportunity!
Brilliant for your first time mate, absolutely awesome, I hope I'll get a chance to commentate a race one day in the near future! Sounds fun!

To much time spent on track already exhausted:ill:
Haha mate I am beyond exhausted, was up all night Fri til 5am on Elder Scrolls then got 5hrs sleep and been up ever since, it's now 07:30 Sunday morning and I won't sleep til 10pm tonight :lol:

Well, there goes my night's sleep... Was scheduled for 6.5 hours but I'll be doing a lot more now.

Last edited:
I've watched portions of the race so far on the stream.
Hats off to everyone involved. So much work must go into it from all the different departments. Thank you very much everybody. 👍

@Adventuruss sincere apologies if I caused your spin around 02:30 track time (exiting 2nd chicane). I was desperately trying to leave you the right side of the track but the car wouldn't do what the brain wanted it to....... I hope there wasn't any damage.

Sorry to @PASM for coming accross on him at the Porsche Curves, hard to overtake and let people through there.

@Beau Albert thanks for the good wrap u gave me on the start of your coms, was very nice of you!!! will be racing u again soon and joining you soon in coms I hope :) I hope had a good one mate :)

@Heathenpride thanks for all your help and feedback, u did a stella job and a long haul!!

Tom
A pleasure to have commentated on this earlier in the race. Best of luck to all involved for the remainder!

you did an amazing job!!! was a pleasure to hear you call the race, GTPlanet is frigen awesome well done to everyone and best of luck!! 4 hrs to go

Last edited by a moderator:
I a
my sincere apologies for the way i was driving these last few hours... Wasnt able to get the amount of sleep i needed... Especially sorry to the drivers of the corvette. time to get some much needed rest...
pologize for early in the afternoon today. I was getting off the line to avoid you just in case you had an earlier breaking point. The car spun and that is when I hit you. Truly sorry.

FrySleep.jpg

That's my final stint finished. It has been great fun competing in this and I can't wait to find out the result! The competition has been fierce and very competitive so we've been stepping up to the challenge and hope we've done a good job. All the best to everyone else for the last couple of hours and may the best team win!

Congratulations to all teams, and especially to the class winners.

Than you to all the commentators, Stewards and organizers. This was our first 24 hour event and it was AMAZING!!!

Back