Round 12: 24 Hours of Le Mans

• Thread starter AJ
  • 133 comments
And this is it, TWR wanna congratulate everyone who made this possible, it was a pleasure and a very long night for many of us hehe. Second time I've done a 24H and it was a blast, hope to see all of you on track soon :)

Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_7.jpg

It was a very difficult race for us at ORA, after having so many problems earlier on and plenalties for them, it was all about making it to the end. The most difficult part was dealing with certain potential penalties as only 2 of us were able to race. We had to look out for the penalty of not having one driver go over 13 hours of driving and the other of not one driver could race 4 hours in a 6 hour period. Proud of my teammate @Pubs16 for sticking in there and our whole team that supported us. A lot was learnt from this race and only good things can be taken away from it.

Congratulations to all the drivers and the victors in the three different classes! Hopefully will see most of you back here next year!

Last edited:
This event was amazing, I want to thank AJ and anyone who participated in the organization, the stewarts, the broadcasters, the commentators and of course the drivers.
Thank you for this journey twice around the clock!

Circuit de la Sarthe 2013.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah guys, great job to everyone who participated. Myself I am knackered and will be taking it easy for a while. Not only am I tired but my right hand is sore from 9+ hours on the DS3 controller. I'll do a write up when I feel it's appropriate. 👍

Yeah guys, great job to everyone who participated. Myself I am knackered and will be taking it easy for a while. Not only am I tired but my right hand is sore from 9+ hours on the DS3 controller. I'll do a write up when I feel it's appropriate. 👍
I keep forgetting you're on DS3, that's nothing short of phenomenal mate. Seriously, that's insane!

PS, @Famine was right... I jumped on Elder Scrolls for an hour and just logged off now at 1:50am to be up in 4hrs for work :lol:

Such is life lol

I tuned in for about three of the twenty-four hours and was lucky to
catch the interview with Jordan when ~five hours remained.
He suggested to go watch a documentary on Youtube about Kaz/GT,
and if he hadn't I wouldn't have known about it.

I believe this is the one?

Unfortunately I'll have to wait until tomorrow to watch it.
thanks for the tip @Jordan

got my live YouTube stream comment read on air too : )

I want to thank every participant for making this event very fun to watch and be a part of, all of you guys have mettle behind the wheel that I do not know the likes of.

Also to the viewers and supporters for your dedication.

I would especially like to extend a congratulations to @Peelster1 for stewarding for so long (around 16 hours if I'm not mistaken, up to almost 10 straight at one point) and covering for me. As well to @AJ for the hard work to make this all happen and sit around logging every last critical piece of data for 24 hours.

The LM cars are a real treat to watch and drive, and I feel this was a fantastic and surprising season finisher (except for the P1 cars, which I will have to avoid much later on in the season at a tricky track). Great job everyone.

I want to thank every participant for making this event very fun to watch and be a part of, all of you guys have mettle behind the wheel that I do not know the likes of.

Also to the viewers and supporters for your dedication.

I would especially like to extend a congratulations to @Peelster1 for stewarding for so long (around 16 hours if I'm not mistaken, up to almost 10 straight at one point) and covering for me. As well to @AJ for the hard work to make this all happen and sit around logging every last critical piece of data for 24 hours.

The LM cars are a real treat to watch and drive, and I feel this was a fantastic and surprising season finisher (except for the P1 cars, which I will have to avoid much later on in the season at a tricky track). Great job everyone.
I think @AJ said the P1s won't be racing at Laguna Seca anymore. GTE will take their place.

Well that was a race of attrition.. Hats off to all those involved, you all did an excellent job. The lobby was surprisingly stable which of course it chooses to be on probably the most important race of the year! (bar a couple of Australians with ridiculous lag that is)

BRR had a tough race, its particularly difficult to come back from a 30min DC inside the first 1/4 of the race but we all tried. With the championship on the line its not the result we wanted but it could have been much worse.

Personally id also like to apologize to @Pedroeol for a couple of incidents of my own making. I'm very sorry for the contact. I should have known better.

Well that was a race of attrition.. Hats off to all those involved, you all did an excellent job. The lobby was surprisingly stable which of course it chooses to be on probably the most important race of the year! (bar a couple of Australians with ridiculous lag that is)

BRR had a tough race, its particularly difficult to come back from a 30min DC inside the first 1/4 of the race but we all tried. With the championship on the line its not the result we wanted but it could have been much worse.

Personally id also like to apologize to @Pedroeol for a couple of incidents of my own making. I'm very sorry for the contact. I should have known better.
You guys drove a great race. 👍 Avalerion had a similar situation only the driver never came back so it was just PASM and I. :lol:

Apologies if I held you guys up at any time.

Have you been to bed yet @Heathenpride? :lol:
I was wondering that too. :lol:
He did a great job. :bowdown:

Edit: I'd like to hear the interview with @Jordan that has been mentioned today.
Does anybody know exactly what point to jump to for that? I think @JockeP22 said it was around 5 hours from the end, so presumably it's around the 1 hour mark of part 4?

Edit 2: The interview starts at 1h 22m into part 4. A bout of insomnia feels to be drawing to a close so I'll listen to it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Hopefully all participants have had a chance to recover by now.

Once again, Team CanAm VRL just wants to thank and congratulate all of the organizers and stewards for making this possible. It was a thoroughly enjoyable event for all of us.

We would also lime to thank and congratulate the live stream commentary team for their heroic efforts in keeping us all engaged and entertained during the live feed. It was both professional and informative. As a team manager it allowed me a good insight into both weather conditions and on track incidents that I could discuss with my in car driver in real time and better react to.

We would also like to thank and congratulate all of the competitors in all classes. We all made it to the finish which in itself is an accomplishment to be proud of.

A special "hats off" to @PASM , @Whitetail , @CodDemon101 and @Pubs16 for their efforts. The race was hard enough on teams with 3 drivers. I can only imagine how grueling it was on them with only 2 drivers. Well done!

Hopefully @AJ will have the final results up soon. I am eager to see how everyone finished.

Congratulations to all and thanks for the opportunity for this experience.

Waiting for results with huge anticipation but was so happy to do my first 24hr race with the MWM team. was tuff and gruelling race but had a blast none the less!!! Huge thanks to AJ all organiser's and commentator's on the live stream and marshals, and all the other teams, was so nice to have no red flags, almost no lag what so ever thanks to all!!

Results Publication

The following documents have now been published;

- Provisional Classification
- Provisional Classification by Driver
- Provisional Classification by Driver Fastest Lap
- Stint Analysis by Team
- Race Control Notices

Back