Round 12: 24 Hours of Le Mans

Discussion in 'GTP Sportscar Series Archive' started by AJ, Dec 10, 2014.

1. FLEURY

FLEURY

Thank for race guys, this is very nice.

Pedroeol and crelou like this.
  2. DaGiBUS

DaGiBUS

Huge thanks to @AJ, all the stewards, all the commentators, the team managers and of course all the drivers!

3. andrew1990

andrew1990

Thank you to AJ, the commentators, organisers and anyone else who was involved in running the race.

Thank you to everyone else we raced against for providing great competition and a fun (and stressful!) Le Mans 24 Hours!

Pedroeol, Pubs16, Tom and 3 others like this.
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96

And that's a wrap! Many thanks guys, very privileged to have been in the commentary box for you all.

5. Pedroeol

Pedroeol

And this is it, TWR wanna congratulate everyone who made this possible, it was a pleasure and a very long night for many of us hehe. Second time I've done a 24H and it was a blast, hope to see all of you on track soon :)

Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_7.jpg

rcb929, Domma, Pubs16 and 8 others like this.
  6. ScuderiaLucas

ScuderiaLucas

It was a very difficult race for us at ORA, after having so many problems earlier on and plenalties for them, it was all about making it to the end. The most difficult part was dealing with certain potential penalties as only 2 of us were able to race. We had to look out for the penalty of not having one driver go over 13 hours of driving and the other of not one driver could race 4 hours in a 6 hour period. Proud of my teammate @Pubs16 for sticking in there and our whole team that supported us. A lot was learnt from this race and only good things can be taken away from it.

Congratulations to all the drivers and the victors in the three different classes! Hopefully will see most of you back here next year!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
    Pubs16, Tom, F1Racer68 and 3 others like this.
  7. suomi1

suomi1

Thank you all (commentators & drivers) for this epic race and congratulation to the class winners! (Especially for the Corvette victory :bowdown: )

8. PASM

PASM Moderator

No worries, it can happen. I could not avoid it anymore once I saw where you were going.

DaGiBUS and Pete05 like this.
  9. crelou

crelou

This event was amazing, I want to thank AJ and anyone who participated in the organization, the stewarts, the broadcasters, the commentators and of course the drivers.
    Thank you for this journey twice around the clock!

Circuit de la Sarthe 2013.jpg

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    Thematic, suomi1, PASM and 3 others like this.
  10. Whitetail

Whitetail Premium

Yeah guys, great job to everyone who participated. Myself I am knackered and will be taking it easy for a while. Not only am I tired but my right hand is sore from 9+ hours on the DS3 controller. I'll do a write up when I feel it's appropriate. :tup:

11. dgriffin28

dgriffin28

AJ. The Livestream was absolutely the best all year. Thank you for all your hard work. All the commentators were great. Excellent work.

12. HP

HP Premium

I keep forgetting you're on DS3, that's nothing short of phenomenal mate. Seriously, that's insane!

PS, @Famine was right... I jumped on Elder Scrolls for an hour and just logged off now at 1:50am to be up in 4hrs for work :lol:

Such is life lol

Pubs16, S_Bridge, Pete05 and 2 others like this.
  13. JockeP22

JockeP22

I tuned in for about three of the twenty-four hours and was lucky to
    catch the interview with Jordan when ~five hours remained.
    He suggested to go watch a documentary on Youtube about Kaz/GT,
    and if he hadn't I wouldn't have known about it.

I believe this is the one?

Unfortunately I'll have to wait until tomorrow to watch it.
    thanks for the tip @Jordan

got my live YouTube stream comment read on air too : )

14. Jordan

Jordan Administrator

Yep, that's it. :tup:

I'd also like to thank and congratulate everyone who participated in this event. I was only able to catch parts of it, but from what I saw, it was our best live stream yet. Well done, guys!

AJHG1000, Pedroeol, Pubs16 and 11 others like this.
  15. suomi1

suomi1

Indeed it was! Some improvements with the "Live Timing" and it will be perfect.

:cheers:

Pete05 and Pedroeol like this.
  16. littleregret265

littleregret265

I want to thank every participant for making this event very fun to watch and be a part of, all of you guys have mettle behind the wheel that I do not know the likes of.

Also to the viewers and supporters for your dedication.

I would especially like to extend a congratulations to @Peelster1 for stewarding for so long (around 16 hours if I'm not mistaken, up to almost 10 straight at one point) and covering for me. As well to @AJ for the hard work to make this all happen and sit around logging every last critical piece of data for 24 hours.

The LM cars are a real treat to watch and drive, and I feel this was a fantastic and surprising season finisher (except for the P1 cars, which I will have to avoid much later on in the season at a tricky track). Great job everyone.

Pete05, Pedroeol, F1Racer68 and 3 others like this.
  17. Whitetail

Whitetail Premium

I think @AJ said the P1s won't be racing at Laguna Seca anymore. GTE will take their place.

18. lorddragonKD

lorddragonKD

i've never been so po'ed in my life

19. TheFlash05

TheFlash05

Well that was a race of attrition.. Hats off to all those involved, you all did an excellent job. The lobby was surprisingly stable which of course it chooses to be on probably the most important race of the year! (bar a couple of Australians with ridiculous lag that is)

BRR had a tough race, its particularly difficult to come back from a 30min DC inside the first 1/4 of the race but we all tried. With the championship on the line its not the result we wanted but it could have been much worse.

Personally id also like to apologize to @Pedroeol for a couple of incidents of my own making. I'm very sorry for the contact. I should have known better.

Pubs16, Pedroeol, Mike458 and 4 others like this.
  20. Whitetail

Whitetail Premium

You guys drove a great race. :tup: Avalerion had a similar situation only the driver never came back so it was just PASM and I. :lol:

Apologies if I held you guys up at any time.

Pedroeol, TheFlash05 and Pete05 like this.
  21. JonoStan96

JonoStan96

Heathenpride and S_Bridge like this.
  22. polysmut

polysmut Premium

I was wondering that too. :lol:
    He did a great job. :bowdown:

Edit: I'd like to hear the interview with @Jordan that has been mentioned today.
    Does anybody know exactly what point to jump to for that? I think @JockeP22 said it was around 5 hours from the end, so presumably it's around the 1 hour mark of part 4?

Edit 2: The interview starts at 1h 22m into part 4. A bout of insomnia feels to be drawing to a close so I'll listen to it tomorrow.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  23. HP

HP Premium

Went to bed close to two am and got up for work at 6!

At 1:30pm I was close to micro napping at the wheel so I pulled over and spent my lunch break having a power nap on a dodgy street in a dodgy neighbourhood :lol:

F1Racer68, Pete05, PASM and 1 other person like this.
  24. JonoStan96

JonoStan96

Only to find the wheels had been replaced with bricks :lol:

25. HP

HP Premium

Haha or waking up in the loans unit of cash converters after my repo van hocked with a sleeping Heathen at the wheel :lol:

"I'll give 5 grand for the van but that tired idiot in the front seat isn't worth anything" lol

26. F1Racer68

F1Racer68

Hopefully all participants have had a chance to recover by now.

Once again, Team CanAm VRL just wants to thank and congratulate all of the organizers and stewards for making this possible. It was a thoroughly enjoyable event for all of us.

We would also lime to thank and congratulate the live stream commentary team for their heroic efforts in keeping us all engaged and entertained during the live feed. It was both professional and informative. As a team manager it allowed me a good insight into both weather conditions and on track incidents that I could discuss with my in car driver in real time and better react to.

We would also like to thank and congratulate all of the competitors in all classes. We all made it to the finish which in itself is an accomplishment to be proud of.

A special "hats off" to @PASM , @Whitetail , @CodDemon101 and @Pubs16 for their efforts. The race was hard enough on teams with 3 drivers. I can only imagine how grueling it was on them with only 2 drivers. Well done!

Hopefully @AJ will have the final results up soon. I am eager to see how everyone finished.

Congratulations to all and thanks for the opportunity for this experience.

27. Domma

Domma

Waiting for results with huge anticipation but was so happy to do my first 24hr race with the MWM team. was tuff and gruelling race but had a blast none the less!!! Huge thanks to AJ all organiser's and commentator's on the live stream and marshals, and all the other teams, was so nice to have no red flags, almost no lag what so ever thanks to all!!

andrew1990, Pedroeol and Whitetail like this.
  28. AJ

AJ Premium

Full Results will be published tomorrow.

I can confirm that they will show the same class winners as displayed at the end of the broadcast.

crelou, Pubs16, DaBomb330 and 9 others like this.
  29. AJ

AJ Premium

Results Publication

The following documents have now been published;

- Provisional Classification
    - Provisional Classification by Driver
    - Provisional Classification by Driver Fastest Lap
    - Stint Analysis by Team
    - Race Control Notices

Jordan, DaBomb330, Pete05 and 7 others like this.
  30. dgriffin28

dgriffin28

Congrats to Inferno Racing on P2 Chamionship. Came back and won it by 10 points.