Round 16: VLN 3

• Thread starter AJ
  • 63 comments
Thanks. However the QP session is listed as 15.00 utc, which is 16.00 BST. Lobby open time is 17.00 utc with race start at 18.00. If you click on the live stream link it says the broadcast will start in 50 minutes, which will be after the listed start time.
The event schedule is listed as UTC - you have to convert it to UTC + 1. Ignore what the livestream says. That's just the beginning of the livestream 👍

Leads are a lot easier to lose than they are to gain. I did a great job in the first 12 laps of the race, I had rear suspension damage that I drove with for nearly an hour and held on to the 1st position, even with the damage. Every lap I pushed the car as hard as I could to try to set the fastest lap in the race. But then, with 2 laps remaining in my stint. I crashed in adenaur forst. I lost about 80% of a lap. :\ never get too over confident because of a huge lead. I think @theewar might have had a similar experience, although I did not see it. :)

Damn Lightning Storm rains on the Lightning Speed Motorsport/Weil Racing Limited Parade.

Wow! To be completely honest, I was a bit skeptical coming into the weekend having only really done about 10 laps of practice in this car and about 3 laps with this setup. Still, when I got in the car, apart from a small spin and a tap on the wall, I drove what I would call, a near perfect stint. My times were consistently and well under 9:00 which, having only done that once before today, was a huge achievement. I would probably call this my best drive of this year. Now we just have await the results and see if all the hard work from us payed off.

Great Job Sk8 and F1 you did DRR proud today :-).

I'd also like to give an applause to our commentators for really picking up after a disastrous Car issue that made the first hour very quiet. "Tony the Tumornator", "I Wish I was Justin Bell" and "Me, Myself and Irene" you guys did awesome :-)

Well..then there was RobbiefromBC...SWEET JOB Bud. 17 yearold old Phenom who is NICE! He handed the old Fharts a lead and we peed it away...but had fun any way.

What is the status of a car that was in 3d or 4th laps ahead of the cars behind (I think)and then DCs inside the Y time...I DO NOT want to hear that we were DQd because we did not finish the race....it took 3:50 to cold boot the system and arrive in the lobby where we sat....I understand that you have to wait...but if we were not needed for ANYTHING...tell us to go away....:crazy: we can do that :lol:.

Nice job AJ and crew....

again...ATTABOY BC......too bad ya gotta RACE next weekend...with your Dad, and your Grand Dad..in the historic races....take pix....and save 'em. Unique Family. I wonder what he's gonna end up as...he was Bronze...which he clearly is not. He lead some VERY good drivers....think how fast he's gonna be when he GROWS UP.

Like to give a shout out to @FutureF1. He drove fantastic today I'm really proud of his performance. Maybe today's the day you get a gold rating. ;)
With the way I gained that lead in the first hour with damaged rear right suspension. I was sure it was going to be an easy win. Luckily for me I get a second chance tomorrow, but Future F1 isnt in that one. I hope were behind so I have an excuse to push it again, I never did get a good lap in. :lol:

The following have now been published;

QUALIFYING PRACTICE RESULTS

- After Qualifying Practice

- Qualifying Practice Classification

RACE RESULTS

- Race Control Notices

- Provisional Classification
- Provisional Classification by Driver
- Provisional Classification by Driver Fastest Lap
- Stint Analysis by Team

Note on the #85 - A torrid race for the team with several disconnections. Their final one came at 00:08, giving them a finishing time after recovery of 00:28, 21 minutes behind the leader, and 6 minutes after the cutoff for classification. A quirk of the Nürburgring, but that is why it is called Green Hell. Commiserations on behalf of the entire paddock.

AJ
The following have now been published;

QUALIFYING PRACTICE RESULTS

- After Qualifying Practice

- Qualifying Practice Classification

RACE RESULTS

- Race Control Notices

- Provisional Classification
- Provisional Classification by Driver
- Provisional Classification by Driver Fastest Lap
- Stint Analysis by Team

Note on the #85 - A torrid race for the team with several disconnections. Their final one came at 00:08, giving them a finishing time after recovery of 00:28, 21 minutes behind the leader, and 6 minutes after the cutoff for classification. A quirk of the Nürburgring, but that is why it is called Green Hell. Commiserations on behalf of the entire paddock.
My best lap is wrong. I had an 8:57, not a 9:03.

My best lap is wrong. I had an 8:57, not a 9:03.

It was not admitted as there was clearly something 'wrong with your transponder', not quite sure how you lost some on screen data. :confused:

photo_1439669232856.jpg

AJ
It was not admitted as there was clearly something 'wrong with your transponder', not quite sure how you lost some on screen data. :confused:

View attachment 431991
PM me how the transponder works, id be very interested how you gather information with NERDS I have seen some interesting things this weekend that are not stock with the game. :)

When a car DC's and the driver reboots and returns to the lobby he may wait in the lobby until you notify him that the "Y" has been completed (in this case and for next week 20.00 min.). Correct?. I also personally apologize for texting but after I was told to not enter pits (which I had not even considered doing///bad form.!) The next posted message was GREEN. I was confused as to whether that was for me...so I queried. I was then essentially told to SHUT UP...which I did.

What is the correct transmission releasing a DCd driver to re-enter....so we all know what to look for.

Edit: and if a car DC's within the "y" time till the end of the race..does he have to return to the lobby at all, as he will not be allowed to re-enter the track and he does not have a picture to take.

Last edited:
Now THAT was a gold worthy drive.... I'm not gonna say "oh I could have done better" because I honestly don't know if I could. Not only did I get the second fastest lap(which was faster than what some golds could do), but I drove without faults in what am willing to call my drive of 2015. I really do hope I see my name on that list and if not, well we'll get to that If it happens... Thanks a ton to Dragon Razor Racing. I really enjoyed my debut with you guys.

And....awesome race guys....TCN cars were great and I never saw a GT CUP car......long lap.

Both Tex and I were pacing to see how our antique and battered bodys would stand up for the 24. Could we do triples...would a reduced pace allow more stints...etc. This event was a great test....and yes Virginia...we will be faster in the 24......

Now THAT was a gold worthy drive.... I'm not gonna say "oh I could have done better" because I honestly don't know if I could. Not only did I get the second fastest lap(which was faster than what some golds could do), but I drove without faults in what am willing to call my drive of 2015. I really do hope I see my name on that list and if not, well we'll get to that If it happens... Thanks a ton to Dragon Razor Racing. I really enjoyed my debut with you guys.
You ran a flawless race. We might have won in VLN4 because of the odd nature of green hell. But we lost this one because of the odd nature of green hell. If we performed this well at any other track. We would've won. But driving 40mph for 9 miles on a race track is not a good thing. :P

A lot of people will say that the nurburgring is the greatest racetrack in the world. But today I have decided that it is not. Their are very few places that are safe to pass which makes this more of a time trial than an actual race.

A lot of people will say that the nurburgring is the greatest racetrack in the world. But today I have decided that it is not. Their are very few places that are safe to pass which makes this more of a time trial than an actual race.[/QUOTE]

Not so Padewan....the Force lives at the Ring.

....so its hard to pass.....but there are SO MANY corners....some day I might get them all right....or not.

Someone a lot better than any of us will ever be said...If you can race the Nordschliefe you can race anywhere. I think it was J.S. Stewart or perhaps J. Clark....you know those "Old Guys" who drove 3 litre F1 cars around there and FLEW.....oh my how they flew. Can't wait for Saturday....and Sunday.....

A lot of people will say that the nurburgring is the greatest racetrack in the world. But today I have decided that it is not. Their are very few places that are safe to pass which makes this more of a time trial than an actual race.

Not so Padewan....the Force lives at the Ring.

....so its hard to pass.....but there are SO MANY corners....some day I might get them all right....or not.

Someone a lot better than any of us will ever be said...If you can race the Nordschliefe you can race anywhere. I think it was J.S. Stewart or perhaps J. Clark....you know those "Old Guys" who drove 3 litre F1 cars around there and FLEW.....oh my how they flew. Can't wait for Saturday....and Sunday.....
Its a great track, but not for side by side racing. Its too narrow and has no run off.

it is a driver's track....you snooze you lose....no run off....no free lunch. No free anything.....it tends to ratchet up everybody's game. No place for those with a low tolerance to stress. It is the ULTIMATE place to play YOU BET THE RANCH.....all the time. But then again I'm obviously prejudiced.

If you don't or are unable to exhibit patience, you have no business racing at the 'ring. There are very few passing zones and you will ruin your race and likely someone else's without learning where you can and more importantly cannot safely pass. The racecraft you learn by competing here can carry you far though :cheers:

Bumper to nose racing is boring when you know that you are 10 seconds a lap faster than the car holding you up. :P
Hmmm I can't agree there, in one of my State of Origin races last year (yes, based on the Rugby League concept!) myself and @MINT_GTR were nose to tail for nearly 20 minutes in identical Toyota 86's at Trial Mountain Reverse and it was awesome, as if either of us made one mistake the other would speed off into the distance. Sadly I was the one to crack while leading, but we both regard that as one of our all time favourite tussles.

Back