Round 17: VLN 4

• Thread starter AJ
  • 92 comments
95 is on a new ps3, his game save hasnt loaded up the club for the race as a member, the club is invite only and cant join, because of this he has no access to the lobby

We took a lap down for what reason please? in fact I do not know exactly where we are....

What a pitiful display of driving by myself. I can only apologise to @Pedroeol for undoing all the hard work he put in in less than 2 minutes. I'm well and truly embarrassed, and I'm sorry for all of the incidents I caused.

I will bounce back at the N24, I don't belong in a team called the Green Hell Heathens when I perform like that. Let's just hope the forecast is rain, rain and more rain...

Congratulations to Avalerion, TNR and WRS NA, great effort from you guys, thoroughly deserved! 👍

Well done to my other competitors in GT3, and all the TCN teams and drivers. Also, good job comms team, only got to watch about 50 minutes of it, but good effort. 👍

Main gripe about the race, red flags. I understand it takes time to organise things, but 45mins + is a joke. I don't understand why we have to re-join the lobby in a set order, surely we could just all re-join then you call us out of the pits in order (like you do anyway) -- that would save 10 minutes straight away. Also, why was there the need for a red flag? If it was due to the weather, again I think it's a joke and shouldn't happen. So what if everyone is sliding off the track, that's there problem. Causing the best part of an hour delay to a 4 hour race just to reset the track... no, don't agree with that I'm afraid. It ruins the race for spectators, makes more work for yourself and confuses the hell out of everyone.

Secondly, driver changes under red. While it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the race, under Red flag the pits are closed. Now I was behind a damaged TCN car when the red was called, (can't remember who it was and not blaming you) and had to spend an age to get back to the SC que. Because of this, the gap to cars in front had extended over what the gap was before the red was called, so then when they made their driver change and you added 'x' amount of time for the driver change, they could potentially maintained their position. Which would be extremely unfair to teams who carry out a dc under green.

Anyway rant over, moving onto the N24!

Only the important ones.

The correct answer is 8. The lobby had broken due too many simultaneous changes.

surely we could just all re-join

Then we would be back to square one and have to start a new lobby again.

I understand it takes time to organise things, but 45mins + is a joke.

I did take a little longer than normal to establish the correct running order behind the SC, however it was crucial to get this right. On the other hand the lobby join process was one of the best we have had to date. Keep up the quick reactions to the call to the lobby guys, great job. 👍

AJ
I did take a little longer than normal to establish the correct running order behind the SC, however it was crucial to get this right.

So why was it still wrong then?

AJ
It wasn't. Cars conducting driver changes under the Red flag were moved to the back of the line.
On the youtube stream:

If you skip to 1:47'25 you see Avalarion entering LHM on the north part of the Nord, at the same time as DaBomb pits. At 1:49'30 Avalarion enter the west (think it was meant to be east) part of the circuit. At 1:51'25 you see me enter the back straight. At 1:52'37 you see DaBomb heading towards Bergwerk (which would put TNR about 4 minutes ahead of us on track - which is what we thought - Glen lost about 2.5minutes with damage, and then 1.5 minutes doing our driver change). At 1:54'35 you see Avalarion enter the back straight with GHH in the twisty section after the carousell. at 1:56'46 the green is called and shortly after Skyline pits to carry out a DC for PASM (1:57'02 to be exact with DaBomb in the pits and then lapping Avalerion). At 2:05'40 the SC gets deployed and red flag...

Now I don't ever remember Avalarion passing TNR for the lead, so by my count Avalerion were a lap down at the time of the red flag.

As i mentioned in youtube chat that was certain that the 33 car was not on the lead lap when sc was deployed its clear as day that both dabomb and eol had passed them through a driver change?

Also, if cars conducting a DC under red were moved to the back of the line, why were TNR and GHH still ahead of us at the restart? As far as I'm aware, we never lost a lap, so should have been ahead?

@AJ - I hope you don't think this is a personal attack at you or anything. Obviously I am bitter about being told I finished 4th when I see no logical way of that happening. But the proof is there, plain to see.

Yes I was wrong about my assumption of the reason for the red flag, and after reflection and looking back at my stint pictures it was the right call to make. I certainly didn't notice that the driver count had dropped.

Everyone here wants the series to grow, so take the criticism and do something with it. I think I raise valid points about how the majority of drivers feel about certain decisions and procedures, but might be to nervous/shy to say in public. I know you are busy finishing this season and preparing for next season, but red flags and the restart procedure is something which I feel needs addressing, and should take priority over fancy lights on the stream. Let's be honest, most of the people watching live are co-drivers of the drivers racing, we're not that fussy about seeing the flags or lights, we just want to see drivers fighting hammer and tong with each other, and get a good understanding of where our team stands before we start our stint. Yes the flags and lights do add something to the stream, but the racing is where the priority should lie.

@AJ - I hope you don't think this is a personal attack at you or anything. Obviously I am bitter about being told I finished 4th when I see no logical way of that happening. But the proof is there, plain to see.

Yes I was wrong about my assumption of the reason for the red flag, and after reflection and looking back at my stint pictures it was the right call to make. I certainly didn't notice that the driver count had dropped.

Everyone here wants the series to grow, so take the criticism and do something with it. I think I raise valid points about how the majority of drivers feel about certain decisions and procedures, but might be to nervous/shy to say in public. I know you are busy finishing this season and preparing for next season, but red flags and the restart procedure is something which I feel needs addressing, and should take priority over fancy lights on the stream. Let's be honest, most of the people watching live are co-drivers of the drivers racing, we're not that fussy about seeing the flags or lights, we just want to see drivers fighting hammer and tong with each other, and get a good understanding of where our team stands before we start our stint. Yes the flags and lights do add something to the stream, but the racing is where the priority should lie.
I completely agree with you.

I said the same thing in GHH thread, both DaBomb and myself didn't do driver changes and any use of LMH or had heavy damage, it was a bit weird to see both Audi's in front of us after the re-set of the lobby seeing they had some issues previously to the red flag.

I will repeat, not trying to undervalue both Avalerion and WRS NA job on this race but at the point of the red flag DaBomb was leading and I was at the start/finish line (I pitted right before the red flag).

Back