Round 18: 24 Hours Nürburgring

• Thread starter AJ
  • 168 comments
Apologies to @Chocochocochip5 for that pass after flugplatz. I placed my car half on the grass to give you as much space but I think the latency made the car go further towards the right than I actually was. Anyway, that was an epic save!!!

Apologies to @Chocochocochip5 for that pass after flugplatz. I placed my car half on the grass to give you as much space but I think the latency made the car go further towards the right than I actually was. Anyway, that was an epic save!!!
No worries. I think i was trying to give you as much room as possible and just dropped a wheel. Don't think it was internet related. Just a "brown flag" moment as Famine would say.

I need to thank AJ so very much for allowing me to take part and help out the GTR_Blackhawks team. I had a lot of fun in the first 4 hour stint learning the car and getting on top of it, racing 1-5am and managing to stay off the walls the entire way pretty awesome. The 2nd stint didn't pan out so well (as seen on stream lol) but I would be foolish to assume I could arrive and drive the N24 and leave unscathed. I was incredibly amused at how much damage I had and how many extra corners it added to the circuit :lol:.

Thanks to the Blackhawks guys for being so accommodating to me, congrats to the GHH boys for winning and the SCAR guys for being so incredibly fast. Applause to the DART team stuck it out to the finish and after our early troubles looked a very large hurdle however I missed the incident(s?) that caused you to lose out, great job for sticking it out. Not at all sure what happened to the Weil Racing guys but a retirement must have been an incredibly brutal event, commiserations.

Thanks to the GT3 guys for being so incredibly patient with me as I tried to find a place to give enough space for a pass, I think the only negative interaction I had was with a damaged Z4 that was not the driver's fault anyway. Great racing out there by everyone, I had heaps of fun bashing around and I hope others had just as much fun as I did.

Awesome racing and couldn't be happier to be apart of it, and to take class honours in GTCup :)
Managed to get a fantastic opening lap (Which i have on camera, i may upload to YT :P) and from there i was able to control the first 2 hours, but the Scar Lotus of Soka GT kept closing on me and eventually when i came out of the pits we ended up in a 1 lap all out war and it was truly great fun, very clean, hard driving, SokaGT is truly a class act of a driver.
Second stint started off by immediately being slammed into the wall by the BRR car which i felt i had given more than enough space, but after pitting and resetting, i settled in for a huge 26 lap haul around the Nurburgring and did my best to open up the gap to the Lotus that was always staying in our mirrors!
In the end, over 50 laps and over 1,200km of racing from me alone is more than enough Nurburgring for the next few months!
Thanks again to AJ for running the series, HeathenPride for giving me the opportunity to compete in my 4th GTCup race, and with the help of DavidB, ChocoChocoChip and Micantony, making that the 4th GHH race win in a row in this class.
A lot of pressure going into Brands Hatch fighting for the drivers title, but, i'm going to soak up every second of it and look forward to that green flag! Thanks for the racing guys!
-Bobo

Congratulations to everyone who took part and props to all drivers dedication for driving such long stints at a high level. As a spectator it was a very tense race and a pleasure to watch, especially at the start with all GT3 cars making mistakes.

I need to thank AJ so very much for allowing me to take part and help out the GTR_Blackhawks team. I had a lot of fun in the first 4 hour stint learning the car and getting on top of it, racing 1-5am and managing to stay off the walls the entire way pretty awesome. The 2nd stint didn't pan out so well (as seen on stream lol) but I would be foolish to assume I could arrive and drive the N24 and leave unscathed. I was incredibly amused at how much damage I had and how many extra corners it added to the circuit :lol:.

Thanks to the Blackhawks guys for being so accommodating to me, congrats to the GHH boys for winning and the SCAR guys for being so incredibly fast. Applause to the DART team stuck it out to the finish and after our early troubles looked a very large hurdle however I missed the incident(s?) that caused you to lose out, great job for sticking it out. Not at all sure what happened to the Weil Racing guys but a retirement must have been an incredibly brutal event, commiserations.

Thanks to the GT3 guys for being so incredibly patient with me as I tried to find a place to give enough space for a pass, I think the only negative interaction I had was with a damaged Z4 that was not the driver's fault anyway. Great racing out there by everyone, I had heaps of fun bashing around and I hope others had just as much fun as I did.
Thanks for the kind words...we were plodding along with an AC/DC setup( full downforce...expecting rain....boy were we gold in the rain) which made the car rock solid but slow in the dry it was a pleasure to drive....especially for four newbies to the Ring.
We were solid in third and only disaster would cause us to lose 6 laps...well it arrived...twice. One Of our drivers used a screen capture device which as it turns out was problematical. The set up if I understand it is PS3>Lap Top>Monitor. In the Fuji race the driver was presented with a blank screen and crashed.Then went on racing when it ( the screen) came back on. It happened twice last night. In retrospect what we think is happening is this....the screen image, flowing through the laptop will vanish when the lap top times out....then it magically comes back on when you touch a control ( like when you move your mouse to reactivate your computer screen after it times out). And it only happens when the lap top is on longer than the timeout. Back to the camera.

thanks to the GT3 cars..nice work passing "Kermitt".. For you GTCup guys...a few of you while blindingly fast seem to lack a bit in the door to door area. Forcing a pass on a slower car in a "no chance" corner resulting in forcing the leading car into a wall and a busted stint does not endear you to your fellow drivers. Nuff said.

And...mea culpa to the Megane who got involved in my off on my last lap.just about sunrise..sorry.

The best PASS on me by a GT3 was by RCB UNDER THE BRIDGE AT 151.....flat out...no lift...smooth...seamless..masterfull. Bravo.

Edit: Dark cars are IMPOSSIBLE to see in the rear view mirror....only the track map and the BF warns you. For example...all black cars ....no view until just about on the bumper....red and white...better....the Yellow Merc...great. Remember you get more attention if you can be seen.
Thats why "Kermitt".... Is 1970 AAR 'Cuda Sassy Grass Green.....works doesn't it. Remember that for next year.

Last edited:
Congratulations to all teams and drivers for an amazing 24 hours of racing on the longest and most beautiful track in the world! Thoroughly enjoyed every second of it, hope everyone did. As for the organizing and supervision of this, I don't know how you guys do it. Must be the love for the ''game''. Chapeau. Very consistent stints by class winners, well deserved 1st place in their respective class. I sure would like to see more lightning fast drivers getting involved in this series in the future, this series deserves the fastest. I did miss seeing some of the names in the drivers list taking a crack at this, like MINT GTR and Giorgio 57. Hope to see them again in the future. See you guys on track...

Just want to reiterate what Soka has said above. Awesome weekend of racing. Great organization as usual and fantastic coverage on the youtube channel. SCAR Lotus did themselves proud after bad luck hit the team at last weekends VLN3 with multiple DCs. To come to the Green Hell and keep the Heathens honest for the duration of the race was an awesome achievement for the team. All team members put in solid sterling performances and can walk away from this race as proud as punch. Massive thanks to all the other teams involved for making this a spectacular event, and huge thanks to AJ and co for making this possible. See you all at Brands in a month.

During the 24 hrs at Nurburgring, and while waiting for the DC signal from a Team-mate, I took these shots of the Early Sunrise. Others will probably have better, or even "real world" photos of the same, but I thought they were good enough to share.

Attachments

• Early Sunrise - 24 hrs of Nurburgring.jpg
    Early Sunrise - 24 hrs of Nurburgring.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Sunrise - 24 hrs Nurburgring 8-23-2015.jpg
    Sunrise - 24 hrs Nurburgring 8-23-2015.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 55
During the 24 hrs at Nurburgring, and while waiting for the DC signal from a Team-mate, I took these shots of the Early Sunrise. Others will probably have better, or even "real world" photos of the same, but I thought they were good enough to share.
i loved driving when the sun rose, it was epic, defiantly one of my favourite 2015 GTPES drives, thank you GTR Blackhawks for giving me the opportunity, I really appreciate it!

Nice shots TEX36

Well then...... WHAT A RACE!!!!!!!!!

I am still a bit miffed at myself for putting myself in the position where I had to withdraw, it is what it is though.

MASSIVE RESPECT to all teams who finished that race, what an effort!

I felt my comms was not up to my standards so apologies for that, especially towards the end when I was seriously struggling with fatigue and a serious case of over talking :lol:

Massively proud of both GHH teams! We competed hard and fair but at the end of the day half a dozen disconnections cost the GT3 guys and took away the chance of competing for the win, Our GT Cup guys have done it again, that's 4 in a row and they are now probably the most dominant team in the whole series, I think that's a wonderful acheivement and I am so very proud of the guys for all their hard work and dedication, it's paid off for them! One more race to go fellas, 12 hours of racing! The SCAR Lotus guys just battled us in our back yard and now we travel to theirs, you better believe that those guys (as well as all the other teams) will come out swinging and throw everything at GHH so make sure you're ready!

Massive thanks to @AJ for this series again! Thanks for having GHH in the series and ol HP in the comms box :)

Huge announcements for 2016, can't wait to start prep for that - Let's all do it again next year guys but let's make it bigger and better than ever :D

Well I'd just like to say what an amazing weekend of racing thanks to @AJ and his team of people who make this happen.

I would first like to apologise for my clumsy driving on lap 5 when i hit @dgriffin28 causing damage for us both sorry mate :( and sorry to my boss for getting the penalty. On the stream it looks deliberate but i can assure you all it wasnt it was just an error of judgement on my part.

Well done to all my team mates for a stella performance and for driving through our problems i.e @rono_thomas snapping his set of pedals in half! Lol unlucky m8. Like I said m8 I have a spare set I will send you.

Congratulations to the TNR guys top job out there.

I must say i dont think i have ever drove so well on my second stint, the pressure was on to try catch up a bit and seems i got a lap back on the tnr team we will see.
Also set my fastest lap on my final flying lap after 3.5 hours of my 4h stint of a 8.13.7 (not as fast as @DaBomb330) but very happy none the less. Previous best lap prior to the race was 8.15 dead!

Anyway ill shut up now just really enjoyed myself.

Thanks all :gtpflag::cheers:

Last edited:
Well I'd just like to say what an amazing weekend of racing thanks to @AJ and his team of people who make this happen.

I would first like to apologise for my clumsy driving on lap 5 when i hit @dgriffin28 causing damage for us both sorry mate :( and sorry to my boss for getting the penalty. On the stream it looks deliberate but i can assure you all it wasnt it was just an error of judgement on my part.

Well done to all my team mates for a stella performance and for driving through our problems i.e @rono_thomas snapping his set of pedals in half! Lol unlucky m8. Like I said m8 I have a spare set I will send you.

Congratulations to the TNR guys top job out there.

I must say i dont think i have ever drove so well on my second stint, the pressure was on to try catch up a bit and seems i got a lap back on the tnr team we will see.
Also set my fastest lap on my final flying lap after 3.5 hours of my 4h stint of a 8.13.7 (not as fast as @DaBomb330) but very happy none the less. Previous best lap prior to the race was 8.15 dead!

Anyway ill shut up now just really enjoyed myself.

Thanks all :gtpflag::cheers:
I agree it was not deliberate. You were looking inside so I blipped the throttle at the same time you changed your mind and we collided. No ones fault.

This Heathen is still reeling after seeing our very strong chances of victory slip uncontrollably away... When you put months and months of effort in with the team and go above and beyond to prepare to launch an attack on the toughest race of the year, to have no less than 7 disconnections send you from 2nd to dead last is gut wrenching.

Despite the result, the positives far outweigh the negatives.
Firstly, it was a great experience to drive alongside @beau231 (aka TRL_Beau), a hell of a driver, who seemed to bring his bad luck with DSC's with him to my house! I would not be at all surprised if he mirrors warrior and goes straight
to platinum.

Like I mentioned in commentary, the experience of tackling the Nürburgring in this format is phenomenal, and that's before taking into account the calibre of the competition. I may be a Gold rated driver but I'm nowhere near as skilled as some of the other gold and platinum drivers that competed in this great race in GT3, and I have nothing but admiration of their abilities to be able to push it to the limit lap after lap. Of course following our capitulation, I was pushing well past the limit and so I hamstrung myself with way too many crashes. GTPES veterans will know that goes completely against GHH mantra, but rest assured had the circumstances been different, I would not have been taking anywhere near as many risks.

Apologies must go to the #44 for the extremely unfortunate incident on the north end of the circuit, my car bottomed out and spun on a dime as a result of rear end damage. Poor driving on my behalf but it was still a nasty impact.

It was fantastic to finally break below an 8:20 after months of trying, it's clear I'm no Ringmeister on GT6 so I'm gladly take an 8:18.

Poor old TRL_Beau was too exhausted to see out the end, so I dabbled in some commentary whilst racing, I hope you enjoyed my onboard lap, despite it being a very slow lap with an off past Adenauer-Forst.

I must extend a warm thanks to @Heathenpride for the opportunity to race, and yes I will happily accept those complimentary beverages when we inevitably meet! I did perhaps more driving in the journeys between myself and TRL_Beau's house than he managed in his first stint! A huge cheers to @Pedroeol and @rcb929 for a superhuman performance, giving us the keys to the GTR in prime position to give the TNR car a big scare.

But the biggest cheer of all goes to the other GHH #88 car, I know how hard those drivers have worked to achieve their result and they deserve it fully. I hope to return to the Ring next year to carry out some revenge on this cruel, cruel place.

Cheers, Jono.

@JonoStan96

"Apologies must go to the #44 for the extremely unfortunate incident on the north end of the circuit, my car bottomed out and spun on a dime as a result of rear end damage."

Thats racing, no worries. Got to give @AJ a big thanks for not putting me in LHM, I tryed my best to stay out of everyone's way.

Well, that race was interesting to say the very least. Congratulations to everyone who stuck through until the end. This was certainly a race of attrition, and I'm sure a lot of had to make split-second decisions and recalculate gameplans at some point in the race.

This was the first MASSIVE race I've done on the full Nurburgring track, and practicing for it was intense and extensive. Going into the race I felt confident in my ability thanks to the practice I've put in but the majority of my testing was me chasing the car around the track like:

jkkjklj.gif~c200

But hey, it was best to get (most of) the incidents out of the way in practice rather than the race itself!

My stints I'd say were pretty good. I kept the car clean except for a few incidents where I was able to drive the car back at a decent racing speed, and I felt I have extracted everything from the car that I could despite my fastest lap only being a 8'21.968. I was a little disappointed in our car's lack of pace, and I have a feeling everyone at the Audi camp is, but we all performed the best we could and I'm proud of all of my teammates in both cars. Despite the lack of pace I genuinely feel we all performed to a gold standard and I hope we will see our practice and dedication be worth more in future events.

The Audi WRS North America team unfortunately were unable to get our fourth driver (@OZ) into the car but it was through no fault of his own and we wish him the best of luck as he refrains from massacring everyone at his ISP and hopefully he can get into the car for the Spa 24. 👍

I'd say the best laughs I got out of the entire race were @Heathenpride's comments when I got into the car for the last time and this:

32 -WARNING - POSTING IN YOU TUBE CHAT WHILST DRIVING.PNG

My teammates had to ask why I was laughing so hard as they couldn't see it on the stream yet. :lol: I was on the Dottinger when I was posting in the chat, I certainly wouldn't do it anywhere else. I just felt the need to have some banter, I was tired and our position was pretty much sealed, and I'm sure some fans on the YouTube stream were just as tired and eager for some fun. Apologies to AJ for that, I hope we don't see something in the rules about typing and driving as I'm certain that there's a number of teams that rely on that to communicate. ;)

Apologies to the Green Hell Heathens #88 and the Reaper Online Racing #42 for our incidents on the track, and I've already sent out my "explanation" in a private conversation. You guys performed great even with bits of the Audi in the backside of your car, awesome job.

I would say congratulations to the podium finishers but for races like these, be it four hours or 24, everyone who gets it to the checkered flag deserves just as much respect and congratulations. So, if you participate in the race, top job to you and massive respect for getting a seat and finishing the race. Thanks to @Gravitron of WRS North America for yet another opportunity to drive in these races and to my teammates (@Bleached, @OZ) and colleagues at Avalerion (@PASM, @skyline1683, @Kjeld Lund, @Friday_GTRP) for being great people to work with.

Also a big thank you and congratulations to the Race Director, Series Promoters, and Stewards (@AJ, @Peelster1, @littleregret265) who helped running the race and making this all possible. I hope I've performed well enough over the season so far to land me a full-time ride next season as I'm interested in continuing my relationship with the series.

Here's to the N24 and future events which may take place! :cheers:

Last edited:
Back