Round 2 Cancellation Notice

• Thread starter Kwicko
  • 343 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kwicko
This is on the PS3 this morning when I log in:

"In Round 2 of the GT Academy held from January 31 to February 6, we have found repeatedly that it was possible to inappropriately cut corners or intentionally hit the walls to shorten lap times. Because of this we are effectively negating Round 2 of the competition, allowing EVERYONE who entered Round 2 to automatically progress to Round 3"

There's more, but that's the gist of it.

Sorry if this is old info.

This is on the PS3 this morning when I log in:

"In Round 2 of the GT Academy held from January 31 to February 6, we have found repeatedly that it was possible to inappropriately cut corners or intentionally hit the walls to shorten lap times. Because of this we are effectively negating Round 2 of the competition, allowing EVERYONE who entered Round 2 to automatically progress to Round 3"

There's more, but that's the gist of it.

Sorry if this is old info.

Just now?! Wow, that's surprising if it's true.

It's true. I just typed that verbatim while looking at my TV screen, reading it.

This sucks, but I can't say I blame PD for throwing out the whole round and starting round 2 over. People not driving clean laps were getting faster times than those who DID drive clean, and that's not the spirit of the whole Academy, is it?

Yup its true I just logged in and saw it. http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/academy/d5532.html

I just created this account, been reading the forums since the start of round 2, wanted to say thanks to everyone for keeping an eye on the cheaters, I probably would never have known. I think it sucks they didn't just use Rome times to determine the people to advance, even though I was currently at 17th in the Midwest.

I'm really hoping for Round 3 we get a car that will turn, I hate fighting understeer.

CB

just noticed that... i was about to start grinding madrid.
wtf... why did I take friday off?

It's true. I just typed that verbatim while looking at my TV screen, reading it.

This sucks, but I can't say I blame PD for throwing out the whole round and starting round 2 over. People not driving clean laps were getting faster times than those who DID drive clean, and that's not the spirit of the whole Academy, is it?

Nope it isn't. But at least some of us got some intense practice (though futile as it was) during this round. Still sucks that some fast times are for naught now, but I think this is the best solution for now.

no i heard if the top 16 per region make it to round 3 to the shootoff in orlando, then they take the top 8 per region from that with 32 finalists and go the the gt academy boot camp/reality tv series in the uk

so if everyone is advancing to round 3 does that mean the jack-wagons that ruined round 2 are getting a prize for doing so?

At least they are finally gonna fix this properly and update the game. Fingers crossed they invalidate laps properly from here on out.:nervous:

They could even just DQ ONE person from this round, and it would set a good example. I vote Dr. Ill - since he was one of the earliest cheaters in all 3 iterations of round 2. The worst part is, he probably didn't need to cheat.

I would also like to send out a nice GFY to ALL the cheaters, since NONE of them were above me in the overall rankings, even though a couple guys (tunerusa, Dr. Ill) beat me at Madrid by trashing their priceless r34's.

Thanks for ruining it for everyone since you don't know how to handle a hairpin turn correctly - I (and all the other drivers who are worth anything) look forward to smoking you in round 3.

just noticed that... i was about to start grinding madrid.
wtf... why did I take friday off?

Hah! that's funny, so did I except I was going to start grinding Rome, literally on my way to do it. Cool, I get to watch the Super Bowl now.

So, it will be 512 whittled down to 8 now? Bummer man, I think I was fast enough for top 16 but top 8 is a different story altogether for me.

Sooo.....somebody cheats so everybody wins??? How about just banning those who cheated - or is that too much effort... kinda like modeling new cars instead of just porting them from past games.

so now in round 3, you have to be top 8 per region to make it to the finals in orlando. So how many people from that do they advanced to the uk?

Sooo.....somebody cheats so everybody wins??? How about just banning those who cheated - or is that too much effort... kinda like modeling new cars instead of just porting them from past games.

pretty much... i didn't put in much effort once i realized that they didn't DQ the cheaters and it paid off because i didn't waste a lot of time..

btw i see that your location's in columbus OH, i'm in reynoldsburg lol... nice to see someone else that's from ohio

Damnit Sony. Just perma-ban the f-tards responsible for this and get on with it! Thanks for wasting a week of my life.

At least I can watch the Steelers win another super bowl!

This is crappy, but I was on the bubble, literally .1 from not making it, and I am glad to here the guys right behind me can't just hit a wall to knock me out. Very bitter sweet, more sweet than bitter for me considering my ranking at the end of last night.

Go Steelers! Get your terrible towels ready!

Edit- Maybe we should start a Suzuka/Nurb only thread for round 3 :)
I think it is apparent "they" are watching...

Wow now im a little relieved that they are fixing the problem but at the same time dissapointed that it had to come to this.

I can't believe they listened to us again and scrapped this round. I'm very excited, and at the same time disappointed because I feel the cheaters will get another shot. Thankfully it does seem that PD is working on perhaps adjusting the penalty system to prevent these things from happening.

Unreal, Why punish cheaters when we can just move everyone along? I had no shot at round 3, and even still this irritates me. I hope Sony/PD can figure this out for round 3; this competition has turned into a joke and wasted a lot of peoples times.

I can't believe they listened to us again and scrapped this round. I'm very excited, and at the same time disappointed because I feel the cheaters will get another shot. Thankfully it does seem that PD is working on perhaps adjusting the penalty system to prevent these things from happening.

👍

I'm looking forward to getting back to matching my racing skills against others' racing skills.

i really hope that they'll make it so strict like the license test strict.... edit: a scratch of the wall and then it says disqualified and you're forced to restart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back