Round 2 Cancellation Notice

• Thread starter Kwicko
  • 343 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Websters Definition:

Cheating:
1 - To Influence or lead by deceit, trick, or artifice.
2 - To elude or thwart by or as if by outwitting

Exploit
1 - To make productive use of
2 - To make use of meanly or unfairly of one's own advantage

I'm starting to think cheating is the right word. Hope this stokes the fire of the flames...

Did you buy that jacket and helmet from a place called Power out by Sublimity? Just curious because I used to work in the industry, and @ that shop and it looks like a farmiliar "setup." Just thought it would be funny, one of those "small world deals"... I sold a setup to somebody like that and thought they were from that area(Corvallis).

Did you buy that jacket and helmet from a place called Power out by Sublimity? Just curious because I used to work in the industry, and @ that shop and it looks like a farmiliar "setup." Just thought it would be funny, one of those "small world deals"... I sold a setup to somebody like that and thought they were from that area(Corvallis).

A good coincidence I guess, bought most my gear online. Not many bike shops selling that equipment around here eheh.

BTW can't wait for track days to start up again and get back out on PIR, think in April. Do you do anything of that nature if you have a bike, or car for that matter?

Last edited:
Websters Definition:

Cheating:
1 - To Influence or lead by deceit, trick, or artifice.
We all watched what they did and they knew we could/would. So, no deceit or trickery.

2 - To elude or thwart by or as if by outwitting
They neither eluded nor thwarted nor outwitted any of us. So this doesn't apply either.

Exploit
1 - To make productive use of
2 - To make use of meanly or unfairly of one's own advantage

Their methods got them around the track in the fastest way possible. (for them) so it was productive.

Thanks for the definitions. Glad we cleared that up.

Deception and/or dishonesty is the missing ingredient for the "cheater" label here.

Someone writing their own code or having someone else post times for them?

That's cheating.

It's only unethical when you say you're ALSO circumventing a penalty.

As I said, I would be circumventing the DQ penalty. This is the same penalty the exploiters found a way to avoid.

If you're TAKING penalties mowing cones that don't add up to as much time as it would take to do it without coneicide then sure that's all design flaw.

GT-5 jacks up traction/ acceleration/control for 4-off and the wall bounce sounded/looked like it instantly killed revs and upset the chassis. So there were time penalties. They were just insufficient to offset the time gained by going shorter distances and/or braking later.

Just as a 2-second-per cone penalty (in my example) would be insufficient to offset the gains therein.

A question more related to the general OP;

Anyone have an educated guess of the chances of round three starting on schedule.

How long do "patches" take for GT?

Put up a prize of becoming IRL a race driver. A dream for most if not all of the top however many drivers here, that would probably NEVER come true IRL, but here is a chance to do that.

Then put up tracks to run on ... and the fastest time humanly possible around each track will ultimately be found, whatever that line is.

It's up to PD to lay out the boundaries so that no one can exceed them. If what they want is a lap within the boundaries of the actual track, all pavement included, without touching anything outside that boundary, then they need to mark it that way, otherwise the fastest line humanly possible WILL be found, all ethics aside.

The prize is too great, not to give it your all.

And Andre, no matter what rules they come up with, you will be the number 1 driver, I do believe.

I'm 30% into downloading iRacing.

Last edited:
Good lord mod(s)...... Close this thread already, this is now nothing more than a $%^& measuring contest and personal "disputes." Let's see a different thread towards the top of the list eh?

Nothing valuable being taken from this thread any longer. Pointless griping, we all know Round 3 is coming(and with some changes) so let's just hold our toungue(s), do some driving and take some chill time.

And as the person who started this thread, I'm inclined to agree. It served its purpose long since, and it's well past time for it to be closed and die a well-deserved death.

And as the person who started this thread, I'm inclined to agree. It served its purpose long since, and it's well past time for it to be closed and die a well-deserved death.

As the OP you can request it be closed. Just PM one of the moderators or report the original post and tell them to close it.

Got you. I've been watching this thread for a while, since it seems to be the locus of a lot of heat.

Time for people to cool off.

EDIT: While I have not seen outright fire in here for a while, this thread has been on my watch list for days. I am only closing this now because the thread-starter, Kwicko, has (as is his right) requested it closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back