Round 22: Suzuka 1000kms

Discussion in 'GTP Sportscar Series Archive' started by AJ, Apr 11, 2015.

1. TeamEdge702

TeamEdge702

Its going to a bright sunny day in Suzuka in real life. Will that transfer to our race in a few hours?

Pubs16, Alfa_Avanti44 and rclark83 like this.
  2. rcb929

rcb929

upload_2015-10-3_13-34-41.png :p

TeamEdge702 likes this.
  3. Seth123

Seth123

Shhh no jinxing

4. dangerzone641

dangerzone641

image.png
    Well considering it's saying clear skies, I'd presume it would be a dry race

sk8er913, rclark83 and TeamEdge702 like this.
  5. Beau Albert

Beau Albert

Cloudy with a chance of Cone? ;)

sk8er913 likes this.
  6. Seth123

Seth123

Plot twist the cones checking the weather, to see if there's going to be traffic

dangerzone641 likes this.
  7. Pubs16

Pubs16

Congrats to Dragon Razor Racing for taking out Pole! Insane time set by @DaBomb330 (for me anyway :p way down in 12th), the whole GT300 field is quite closely spread out it seems though; should make a real interesting race. GT500 so so close as always, I'll be looking forward to watching the championship play out for you boys. :).

8. TNR_KING_FILO

TNR_KING_FILO

really can't waif for this race!

9. sk8er913

sk8er913

what are you going to be playing? :lol:

I did a mock QP to see what I would've gotten... 2:01.36 ... I tried Dabomb tune and got a 2:04.6 ... I don't know how he drives that thing. lol.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
    Pubs16 likes this.
  10. Pubs16

Pubs16

Best of luck to everybody!!

That's impressive man :). It's safe to say the Lexus isn't underpowered lol. But yeah the fast tunes don't seem to really work well for me either :p I have to drastically change my driving I think.

11. mustafur

mustafur

Will stream come back on?

12. rcb929

rcb929

@AJ is working on the issues as we speak.

13. crelou

crelou

Congratulations to SSR from TWRacing for the Team Championship 1st place.

rcb929, StigsTC, sk8er913 and 4 others like this.
  14. Beau Albert

Beau Albert

Come on AJ, when will the violence stop? :lol:
    (For those unaware, this happened pre race :sly: )

Seth123, Pubs16, GTRacer22 and 9 others like this.
  15. sk8er913

sk8er913

@Sinyster needs to see this. :)

Sinyster likes this.
  16. mustafur

mustafur

Great job to our team, especially @warrior2167 for relentless pace.

Also special thanks to @JonoStan96 for helping us start up front and keeping me awake for my stint with no sleep for 48 hours.

Pubs16, Seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  17. rcb929

rcb929

Great race everyone! Everyone did a fantastic job! Congrats to RaceOnOz for the GT300 win! Thank you to @TeamEdge702 and @TNR_5zigen for really pushing both myself and @Advqnce to our cars limits! Definitely one of the best races in terms off action this season! :cheers::gtpflag:

18. sk8er913

sk8er913

I find it funny that you can check the weather IRL to tell what our racing conditions will be like. :lol:

19. AJ

AJ Premium

20. RacingLine

RacingLine

Thank you Evo for setting up the car oh wait..

FutureF1 and rcb929 like this.
  21. rcb929

rcb929

:lol: Oh yeah. Thanks again for the help! :)

FutureF1 likes this.
  22. TeamEdge702

TeamEdge702

Thank you @Fallen_log for giving me a ride for 2 races. It was a honor to able to drive your car across the line & help win the championship for SSR. Congratulations to you, and everyone who helped you all season with the #28 car. Apologies for not bringing you home another win. My frustrated brain forgot to take a stint photo. Hopefully going on to win the title makes up for that. :cheers:

Pubs16 and dangerzone641 like this.
  23. Chrisw265

Chrisw265

What a race! John and I came into it never having driven a car without ABS, and while both of us had issues, we're immensely pleased with everything that happened. We learned a lot, and can take this experience with us to races in the future. We have to give a huge shout out to @CTR Driver for giving us help with the Honda, and providing us with some knowledge to give us a much better fighting chance in our time of need.

In the end, we made some silly mistakes that we can blame on lack of practice time, but at the same time, we have to be pleased with what we managed in that short practice time. We only learned we would be driving the car on the Wednesday before the race! With only 3 days to learn the car and the track, for us to have been that close at the end, even given our mistakes, is a success to us. It wasn't an upset, or a win, but it was a solid performance, and that's what we care about.

Great job everyone! We had some great battles on track, and look forward to more in the future. :cheers:

Pubs16, CTR Driver and JonoStan96 like this.
  24. JonoStan96

JonoStan96

3 in a row! I'm loving this purple patch that my teammates are in.

I was nervous at the start as the internet was down for the first 90mins of the race, but my drivers @warrior2167 and @mustafur were in complete control of the situation.

In the end it was a relatively straight forward victory. I'm pleased that we still won by a huge margin despite not having the outright pace of the previous rounds. This race proved that disconnections are race killers, and that staying on the track is vital.

An important aspect in running any team from my experience so far is to make sure your drivers are disciplined. In the last 3 races we've entered, we haven't received a single warning, and we've won 3. I couldn't be happier with my drivers and their ability to remain patient.

I know there will be an extensive BOP overhaul for Spa, so this win is exactly what was needed. Well done to Inferno Racing on winning in GT500, SSR Motorsports on the championship and @FLEURY on the drivers championship.

Pubs16, Storm_SP17, crelou and 5 others like this.
  25. FLEURY

FLEURY

Thank you very much.

crelou likes this.
  26. gtpcaine

gtpcaine

Well done to all involved, was a shame we lost about 6 minutes in one of our driver changes otherwise i think we could have been right up there. We had the same issue at N24 so definately something we need to work on.

Pubs16, sk8er913 and Glenalz81 like this.
  27. Storm_SP17

Storm_SP17

You know the irony of this? A cone still ended up on the track mid-race!!! @AJ if you're going to kill cones, do it properly! :sly:

Anyways, bummer about a certain something happening after the race but rules are rules... I had a few things to smile about and a few things to feel angry about.

My fight with @GT_Vette in the first half hour was pretty brutal and hard fought. After hunting him down when I messed up at Turn 1 (cold tyres) I saw him spin and overtook him, even managed to pull away ever so slightly in the initial phase, but I made some mistakes that brought him back into the fray and he was definitely trying to force me to buckle under some pressure... but something told me that he would eventually lose the car into 130R, since he was really following hard through the corner right on my tailpipe. I couldn't really afford to let up either and had to go full on through there too, so it was a test of nerves and luckily I held out. He managed to catch me again, but pitted 30 minutes in, seemingly to grab the undercut on me, but perhaps it was a scheduled stop. He'll have to confirm that! ;)

Shame though, it wasn't televised, would have been pretty awesome. Now for my moan...

GT500, please don't be tentative passing the slower classes, but also don't follow too closely behind them approaching a braking zone. The overspeed you guys have is more than enough to allow you to pull side by side 100m before the braking zone, had my rear left clipped and damn near spun the car and later found myself taking evasive action because I wasn't challenged into the braking zone as expected... I do understand these things can happen, and I appreciate the courtesy some of you faster class guys give us slower class drivers :tup: just don't feel scared to challenge us into a corner like we're a competitor, is all. :)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  28. sk8er913

sk8er913

To win in GTPES you either need a perfect race, or a slightly OP car. :)

29. TNR_KING_FILO

TNR_KING_FILO

or neither ;)

JonoStan96 likes this.
  30. AJ

AJ Premium

The secret is to minimise your time in the pits. And that includes all the reasons you might be in the pits unnecessarily...