Round 22: Suzuka 1000kms

• Thread starter AJ
  • 79 comments
Its going to a bright sunny day in Suzuka in real life. Will that transfer to our race in a few hours?
upload_2015-10-3_13-34-41.png
:P

Congrats to Dragon Razor Racing for taking out Pole! Insane time set by @DaBomb330 (for me anyway :P way down in 12th), the whole GT300 field is quite closely spread out it seems though; should make a real interesting race. GT500 so so close as always, I'll be looking forward to watching the championship play out for you boys. :).

i'll be streaming my point of view of Qualifying Practice 1. Sorry for the music that'll be playing, it's my music ;)

what are you going to be playing? :lol:

Congrats to Dragon Razor Racing for taking out Pole! Insane time set by @DaBomb330 (for me anyway :P way down in 12th), the whole GT300 field is quite closely spread out it seems though; should make a real interesting race. GT500 so so close as always, I'll be looking forward to watching the championship play out for you boys. :).

I did a mock QP to see what I would've gotten... 2:01.36 ... I tried Dabomb tune and got a 2:04.6 ... I don't know how he drives that thing. lol.

Last edited:
Best of luck to everybody!!

I did a mock QP to see what I would've gotten... 2:01.36 ... I tried Dabomb tune and got a 2:04.6 ... I don't know how he drives that thing. lol.
That's impressive man :). It's safe to say the Lexus isn't underpowered lol. But yeah the fast tunes don't seem to really work well for me either :P I have to drastically change my driving I think.

Thank you @Fallen_log for giving me a ride for 2 races. It was a honor to able to drive your car across the line & help win the championship for SSR. Congratulations to you, and everyone who helped you all season with the #28 car. Apologies for not bringing you home another win. My frustrated brain forgot to take a stint photo. Hopefully going on to win the title makes up for that. :cheers:

What a race! John and I came into it never having driven a car without ABS, and while both of us had issues, we're immensely pleased with everything that happened. We learned a lot, and can take this experience with us to races in the future. We have to give a huge shout out to @CTR Driver for giving us help with the Honda, and providing us with some knowledge to give us a much better fighting chance in our time of need.

In the end, we made some silly mistakes that we can blame on lack of practice time, but at the same time, we have to be pleased with what we managed in that short practice time. We only learned we would be driving the car on the Wednesday before the race! With only 3 days to learn the car and the track, for us to have been that close at the end, even given our mistakes, is a success to us. It wasn't an upset, or a win, but it was a solid performance, and that's what we care about.

Great job everyone! We had some great battles on track, and look forward to more in the future. :cheers:

3 in a row! I'm loving this purple patch that my teammates are in.

I was nervous at the start as the internet was down for the first 90mins of the race, but my drivers @warrior2167 and @mustafur were in complete control of the situation.

In the end it was a relatively straight forward victory. I'm pleased that we still won by a huge margin despite not having the outright pace of the previous rounds. This race proved that disconnections are race killers, and that staying on the track is vital.

An important aspect in running any team from my experience so far is to make sure your drivers are disciplined. In the last 3 races we've entered, we haven't received a single warning, and we've won 3. I couldn't be happier with my drivers and their ability to remain patient.

I know there will be an extensive BOP overhaul for Spa, so this win is exactly what was needed. Well done to Inferno Racing on winning in GT500, SSR Motorsports on the championship and @FLEURY on the drivers championship.

3 in a row! I'm loving this purple patch that my teammates are in.

I was nervous at the start as the internet was down for the first 90mins of the race, but my drivers @warrior2167 and @mustafur were in complete control of the situation.

In the end it was a relatively straight forward victory. I'm pleased that we still won by a huge margin despite not having the outright pace of the previous rounds. This race proved that disconnections are race killers, and that staying on the track is vital.

An important aspect in running any team from my experience so far is to make sure your drivers are disciplined. In the last 3 races we've entered, we haven't received a single warning, and we've won 3. I couldn't be happier with my drivers and their ability to remain patient.

I know there will be an extensive BOP overhaul for Spa, so this win is exactly what was needed. Well done to Inferno Racing on winning in GT500, SSR Motorsports on the championship and @FLEURY on the drivers championship.

Thank you very much.

Well done to all involved, was a shame we lost about 6 minutes in one of our driver changes otherwise i think we could have been right up there. We had the same issue at N24 so definately something we need to work on.

Come on AJ, when will the violence stop? :lol:
(For those unaware, this happened pre race :sly: )

You know the irony of this? A cone still ended up on the track mid-race!!! @AJ if you're going to kill cones, do it properly! :sly:

Anyways, bummer about a certain something happening after the race but rules are rules... I had a few things to smile about and a few things to feel angry about.

My fight with @GT_Vette in the first half hour was pretty brutal and hard fought. After hunting him down when I messed up at Turn 1 (cold tyres) I saw him spin and overtook him, even managed to pull away ever so slightly in the initial phase, but I made some mistakes that brought him back into the fray and he was definitely trying to force me to buckle under some pressure... but something told me that he would eventually lose the car into 130R, since he was really following hard through the corner right on my tailpipe. I couldn't really afford to let up either and had to go full on through there too, so it was a test of nerves and luckily I held out. He managed to catch me again, but pitted 30 minutes in, seemingly to grab the undercut on me, but perhaps it was a scheduled stop. He'll have to confirm that! ;)

Shame though, it wasn't televised, would have been pretty awesome. Now for my moan...

GT500, please don't be tentative passing the slower classes, but also don't follow too closely behind them approaching a braking zone. The overspeed you guys have is more than enough to allow you to pull side by side 100m before the braking zone, had my rear left clipped and damn near spun the car and later found myself taking evasive action because I wasn't challenged into the braking zone as expected... I do understand these things can happen, and I appreciate the courtesy some of you faster class guys give us slower class drivers 👍 just don't feel scared to challenge us into a corner like we're a competitor, is all. :)

Last edited:
Well done to all involved, was a shame we lost about 6 minutes in one of our driver changes otherwise i think we could have been right up there. We had the same issue at N24 so definately something we need to work on.
To win in GTPES you either need a perfect race, or a slightly OP car. :)

Back