Round 22: Suzuka 1000kms

• Thread starter AJ
  • 79 comments
To be fair my car is EVERYWHERE on track except pitlane in those instances...
I've not been DC'd from a race yet! Just had invisible car forced resets, lag forced resets, lots of resets lol.

Edit: while we are picking on Australian internet connections; don't forget N64theStig007! @JonoStan96
American connections are bad too. :lol: :P

AJ
The secret is to minimise your time in the pits. And that includes all the reasons you might be in the pits unnecessarily...

Like sliding out of a turn and into a wall...twice...in the same hour...whoops :ouch:

I don't think Ive crashed twice in a GTPES race so far. :) spins... sure I had like 20 spins in BH12 lol.

I'm usually able to save the car from spinning, but sometimes you just look at the grass wrong when braking and you lose all control. Most of the time I'm able to recover from oversteer, but sometimes I run out of room and find myself in a wall :indiff:
Monaco isn't a fun track for me...

At least your cables are upright, think of us poor buggers!! It's tough being wrong way up ;)
oz-down-under-.jpeg
:lol:

Another secret is to not use Pub's or LagsDC's internet. :lol: @Pubs16 @StigsTC :)
Hahaha, I can laugh at this now :P. Most definitely.
To be fair my car is EVERYWHERE on track except pitlane in those instances...
I've not been DC'd from a race yet! Just had invisible car forced resets, lag forced resets, lots of resets lol.

Edit: while we are picking on Australian internet connections; don't forget N64theStig007! @JonoStan96
I'm also yet to DC from a race, only ever have problems joining the room!

It was a absolute devastation after what felt like 50 times trying to join the room with multiple router/Sony resets, it just didn't seem to want to play the moment I had to jump in after @GT_Vette's stint (who I must applaud for putting in the time and dedication for us, not to mention his solid stint only for the car to retire).
@ScuderiaLucas was also unavailable with Internet outrage due to a hurricane, so there was no other options sadly. Fingers crossed for me for Spa!

It was a great race to watch after my focus was turned to a spectator view, then I fell asleep with half the race to go, did manage to catch the last 6 laps, it was nice to see @AJ and the team managed to pull off the distance race.

Congratulations to Inferno for their second win! SSR Motorsports for taking out the GT500 championship! And of course RaceOnOz for pulling their most flawless race yet!

Hahaha, I can laugh at this now :P. Most definitely.

I'm also yet to DC from a race, only ever have problems joining the room!

It was a absolute devastation after what felt like 50 times trying to join the room with multiple router/Sony resets, it just didn't seem to want to play the moment I had to jump in after @GT_Vette's stint (who I must applaud for putting in the time and dedication for us, not to mention his solid stint only for the car to retire).
@ScuderiaLucas was also unavailable with Internet outrage due to a hurricane, so there was no other options sadly. Fingers crossed for me for Spa!

It was a great race to watch after my focus was turned to a spectator view, then I fell asleep with half the race to go, did manage to catch the last 6 laps, it was nice to see @AJ and the team managed to pull off the distance race.

Congratulations to Inferno for their second win! SSR Motorsports for taking out the GT500 championship! And of course RaceOnOz for pulling their most flawless race yet!
I think it was more like 80 minutes. :lol: Your dedication is admirable. :cheers:

I was tuning for Spa and I noticed something... I only had 362hp! And I ran the car last in Suzuka. So... My car in this race was 18hp below BoP. :P Good thing it wasn't close! I figure it cost 1/3rd of a lap.

I was tuning for Spa and I noticed something... I only had 362hp! And I ran the car last in Suzuka. So... My car in this race was 18hp below BoP. :P Good thing it wasn't close! I figure it cost 1/3rd of a lap.

If you took damage in the race, that could have caused your hp to be lowered mid-race. That happened to us at Bathurst and we didn't realize until after the race, meanwhile in the race I was going, "I swear we're slower now. Why do we feel slower?"

Now we switch cars with the driver swaps to avoid that.

If you took damage in the race, that could have caused your hp to be lowered mid-race. That happened to us at Bathurst and we didn't realize until after the race, meanwhile in the race I was going, "I swear we're slower now. Why do we feel slower?"

I didn't take damage, not even suspension :)

Maybe during practice tho.

Maybe during practice tho.

It's possible. The only way to tell if it was damage related is to make sure your power limiter settings are correct and everything else is right. If an engine rebuild brings you back up to the right hp, then it was damage related.

Forget the damage, , the 18 bhp drop is because you ran a car with oilchange.
The GTAuto oil boosts you bhp 5% for 200km, but wears off lineary after 200km to 300km. so after 300km you are back at your power level you had before the oilchange.
362bhp + 5% =
362*1.05 = 380bhp, wich is the the power level you had with the oilchange.

Basically, you never want to run an oilchanged car in an endurance race.
It can help in qualifying on some cars, because the higher power means you can use more powerlimiter, wich will give you a wider peak power curve.

torque.jpg

Example: the car on the left will benefit from the increased power form the oilchange, the car on the right will not, all that happens is you have to shift earlier.

And none of them will benefit from it in the race, unless your stint is less than 200km.

I know you mean well, but please get your facts straight before leading people astray.:cheers:
It's possible. The only way to tell if it was damage related is to make sure your power limiter settings are correct and everything else is right. If an engine rebuild brings you back up to the right hp, then it was damage related.
No, an engine rebuild includes an oilchange, wich boosts the power back.

Last edited:
Well I guess you really do learn something new everyday!

Thank you for correcting me, sorry for saying something wrong, I thought it was right until now.

You could however still use an oil changed car in a race however as long as you plan your stint to not kill off performance.

Thank you for correcting me, sorry for saying something wrong, I thought it was right until now.

You could however still use an oil changed car in a race however as long as you plan your stint to not kill off performance.
While that's true, the average speed per lap would have to be less than 100 km/h in two 65 minute stints. Honestly, in a series of this magnitude, many classes go above that and even if you're in a class that achieves this criteria, you're going to want to run longer than 130 minutes to maximise the overall race strategy for your team.

I could go into depth as to why and what I mean, but I think the experienced drivers of the series know, and by reading up a little more on driving times and driving ranks, I'm sure you'll put two and two together. There's probably only one or two classes were certain ranks can utilise this properly, cutting a long story short...

Yes, but at suzuka 1000, if you can only do 200km per stint, you'd need to do 4 driver changes. doing 4 driver changes when everyone else is doing just 1 will not win you any races ;)
In fact, it would be faster to run with 18bhp less.

Back