RPS13

• Thread starter jdmricer
  • 34 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
United States
wolfpacktumbler
i cant be the only one frustrated with this car . I have a tune that id be willing to share if anyone is interested but the long and short of it is that it is too slow its like its in the games code or something and its not even on a competitive level no matter how well tuned for grip it may be

You never specified the car you are referring to. Not all are able to read your mind or decipher hidden messages. Try and realize this when asking for help or making a suggestion. You will get further.

And the duh was not necessary, you still have not answered my question, which I did ask politely.

Last edited:
Funny thing is I was going to ask the same question as Bowtie, you know, what car is it you are talking about? Now that I've seen your reaction I'm glad I decided not to...

If you'd care to clarify a bit more than "the hatch duh" I'm sure there are quite a few tuners in here (myself included) that would be more than willing to help you find a way to tune this car (whatever it may be). But you're not going to make any friends with that kind of an attitude.

Funny thing is I was going to ask the same question as Bowtie, you know, what car is it you are talking about? Now that I've seen your reaction I'm glad I decided not to...

If you'd care to clarify a bit more than "the hatch duh" I'm sure there are quite a few tuners in here (myself included) that would be more than willing to help you find a way to tune this car (whatever it may be). But you're not going to make any friends with that kind of an attitude.
i am sorry if i made anyone uncomfertable by saying "duh" when i say the rps13 i am refering to all of the 3 door hatchback models covering the 180sx, the 240sx, and the 200sx.also regarding the tune i have already explained that it is tuned it is just the car itself that is slow

i am sorry if i made anyone uncomfertable by saying "duh" when i say the rps13 i am refering to all of the 3 door hatchback models covering the 180sx, the 240sx, and the 200sx.also regarding the tune i have already explained that it is tuned it is just the car itself that is slow

Not many will know which car by their chassis or model code :) Like saying DE3A for FTO :lol: Keep that in mind :) Can you explain more about slow ? top speed ? lap time ? tires ? PP level ? The RPS13 more often used as drift car in GT :) Man, I loved to use these codes ( model and chassis ), reminds me of the younger days of JDM imports in Oz, everyone talks in codes, GC8, FD3, FC3, EG6, EK9, DC2, DC5, BB1, BB4, BB6, BB8, DE3A, Z16A, A31, N14 GTIR, ER34, BNR34, ECR33, BCNR33 etc.

RPS13 would specifically be 180SX with SR20DET ( 1991-1996.5 Chuki, 1995-1998 Kouki )

Last edited:

Thanks for the reply and clarification. Sorry if my post was had a little attitude, it was not meant to come across that way either.

Have you optimized the transmission for the type of racing you are trying to do with your nissan? If not take a look a @Otaliema's Transmission Tuning Guide. It is full of valuable info, and may help you solve the sluggishness you're getting from the car... Good Luck! :cheers:

Not many will know which car by their chassis or model code :) Like saying DE3A for FTO :lol: Keep that in mind :) Can you explain more about slow ? top speed ? lap time ? tires ? PP level ? The RPS13 more often used as drift car in GT :) Man, I loved to use these codes ( model and chassis ), reminds me of the younger days of JDM imports in Oz, everyone talks in codes, GC8, FD3, FC3, EG6, EK9, DC2, DC5, BB1, BB4, BB6, BB8, DE3A, Z16A, A31, N14 GTIR, ER34, BNR34, ECR33, BCNR33 etc.

RPS13 would specifically be 180SX with SR20DET ( 1991-1996.5 Chuki, 1995-1998 Kouki )
its a 96 180sx at 490 pp with sh tires i took it out for a 1 lapper at tsukuba and it was in the 1:06 range top speed of 168 i think and a final drive of 4.1 also i made it very stiff and it understeers when i put on high grip tires but i made it that way by desighn because i drive faster with a little understeer

its a 96 180sx at 490 pp with sh tires i took it out for a 1 lapper at tsukuba and it was in the 1:06 range top speed of 168 i think and a final drive of 4.1 also i made it very stiff and it understeers when i put on high grip tires but i made it that way by desighn because i drive faster with a little understeer

1:06 at Tsukuba is too slow indeed for SH tire 490pp 180sx, you would have 300+HP with 490PP ? A typical FR car like S2000 or FF like FD2 Civic would get into 1:04 on CS with lower PP ( 470+PP or less and about 250+HP)

Maybe you can share the tune you used, and some of us here can give input to make it quicker ?

hight at 104 both sides front springs at 8kg and rear at 6kg 6 on f and r for compression 8 front and rear for ext. arb at 4F 5R zeroed out camber and toe 4.1 final drive and 168 top speed twin plate clutch and carbon drive shaft 32,38,16 on the diff stage 2 engine maxed out everything else no turbo or nos 94.8% power limiter some one said i should do that untill the first oil change and max weight reduction no ballast weight

Thanks for the reply and clarification. Sorry if my post was had a little attitude, it was not meant to come across that way either.

Have you optimized the transmission for the type of racing you are trying to do with your nissan? If not take a look a @Otaliema's Transmission Tuning Guide. It is full of valuable info, and may help you solve the sluggishness you're getting from the car... Good Luck! :cheers:
honestly im afraid to tuch a custom gearbox i hear it can sometimes take over a year to get it right and the guys i run with dont allow custom trannys but i will deffinatly check it out

Nissan 180sx '96 I done a time of 1:02.883 at Tsukuba using a G29 wheel and at 490PP and 351BHP.

when i say the rps13 i am refering to all of the 3 door hatchback models covering the 180sx, the 240sx, and the 200sx.

Well adding "duh" to the end of that post is showing arrogance and you obviously assumed everyone knew what you were talking about from only the chassis code. Ironically, you then go on to claim that very specific chassis code covers a number of models that it simply doesn't. RPS13 literally only covers, as Ridox said, the SR20DET powered 180sx.

Saying things like "duh" to people is analogous to calling them stupid, which is especially bad if what you're talking about is actually wrong. Maybe answer people with a little humility and respect next time.

Well adding "duh" to the end of that post is showing arrogance and you obviously assumed everyone knew what you were talking about from only the chassis code. Ironically, you then go on to claim that very specific chassis code covers a number of models that it simply doesn't. RPS13 literally only covers, as Ridox said, the SR20DET powered 180sx.

Saying things like "duh" to people is analogous to calling them stupid, which is especially bad if what you're talking about is actually wrong. Maybe answer people with a little humility and respect next time.
there is a reason i put the 180 in front for a reason and 90 percent of people i talk to dont realy care about region so i made that generalization

there is a reason i put the 180 in front for a reason and 90 percent of people i talk to dont realy care about region so i made that generalization

You made no mention of 180 before the "the hatch duh" comment, and the chassis code RPS13 isn't about region, it's about body style, engine, and chassis. If you knew anything about S13s, you'd know that.

You made no mention of 180 before the "the hatch duh" comment, and the chassis code RPS13 isn't about region, it's about body style, engine, and chassis. If you knew anything about S13s, you'd know that.
well how about some tuning advice "duh"

Lol why would I help you? Don't be rude to people and perhaps people will be more willing to help you out, there's the last bit of advice you'll get from me.
just trying to keep everything on topic

It'll be easier if you describe how/where the car is giving you problems, there is nothing we can say that will make the car automatically faster except from a few basic guidelines like chosing weight reduction instead of power upgrades and removing the toe/camber

Yes, but someone with a DS3 could get a better time with a better setup than my time, and do what @DolHaus has mention in his post so we can understand and help you.
i keep trying to but this moderater dann keeps flaging my posts for no reason

It'll be easier if you describe how/where the car is giving you problems, there is nothing we can say that will make the car automatically faster except from a few basic guidelines like chosing weight reduction instead of power upgrades and removing the toe/camber
drive wise i dont have a problem with it but i am not very experienced with tuning yet i dont know maby it is just a slow car i have a BB8 that i tuned and its fastwr so maby i need more experience but i am pretty sure i posted the specs earlier

drive wise i dont have a problem with it but i am not very experienced with tuning yet i dont know maby it is just a slow car i have a BB8 that i tuned and its fastwr so maby i need more experience but i am pretty sure i posted the specs earlier
You posted the specs earlier but they are meaningless, all I can tell by looking at the numbers is that setting the dampers all to 8 won't do much in the way of good and your LSD is a mess.

What the hell is a BB8? We've been through this, call it what the game calls it and we might be able to help, I'm not wasting my time looking up chassis codes because you think it makes you sound cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back