• Thread starter squander
  • 4 comments
Italy
Italy
squander submitted a new resource:

RUF BTR '86 - 550 pp / SM

586804-fb20dd1c4186ba0df7d0b3f38d0e645d.jpg

Read more about this resource...

Good to see a tune on this difficult car. Have tried another tune by @Rotary Junkie ; but my poor driving style simply cannot tame this RR car. Will definitely give this one a try @ my favorite track, Nordschleife, and hope to at last see this car "useable".

In the mean time, is there anything you would advise a new Ruf driver? Hope to be educated and many thanks! :bowdown:👍

Last edited:
Good to see a tune on this difficult car. Have tried another tune by @Rotary Junkie ; but my poor driving style simply cannot tame this RR car. Will definitely give this one a try @ my favorite track, Nordschleife, and hope to at last see this "useable".

In the mean time, is there anything you would advise a new Ruf driver? Hope to be educated and many thanks! :bowdown:👍
hey mate, first of all thank you for giving him a chance. Honestly it is a very complicated car for me and I'm not so experienced in tuning and above all I have little time to test.
As for the 'my' BTR I can recommend you to accelerate gradually because I tried set the stability despite of the exit control.
I would be very happy to know that this tuning will be helpful for you otherwise we could help each other to improve.

Sorry for my english and thank a lot again!!:cheers::cheers:

Mr. Squander, I have tried this notorious car. I put on racing tires so will have to stiffen the spring rates accordingly. Doing so also prevents sliding in a few nasty corners.

Your use of high rear toe-in is a good way to tame the nasty tail!

I would however just add a few tweaks to make it more forgiving, namely:

1) adding ballast to the front to get a better F/R distribution, say 47:53;
2) use a different ARB setting like 7 4 rather to further avoid oversteer issue in corners;
3) increase the torque drivetrain to say 25 to ensure smoother coasting.

Hope this helps and well done.

Hi mate, sorry for the late reply, I received PS4 as present and I'm so desperate because of no retro compatibity with GT6. I'm trying Assetto Corsa but for me it's not as playable as GT was.
I will try your changes in the next days for sure and at first look they seems to go in the right way.

Thank's a lot

Back