• Thread starter james6653
  • 13 comments

james6653

(Banned)
United States
MI
GTP_James_USCC
killer sg1
Why are the Porsches now called RUF? Did the creators of Forza lose licensing from Porsche?

Hmm, so it seems you've been out of touch with the automotive world.

RUF is essentially the "poor man's Porsche"; they borrow technology and engineering from Porsche cars (under license), and develop them.

So there you have it: they are Porsches essentially, just a bit cheaper.

RUF is essentially the "poor man's Porsche"; they borrow technology and engineering from Porsche cars (under license), and develop them.

Not even remotely close.

RUF are a manufacturer in their own right and certainly not a "poor man's Porsche" (particularly given that most of the product they make is more expensive that the Porsche equivalent - secondhand CT12s' go for over 300,000 euros for example).

They have also pushed the limits of what the basic lay-out can do just as much as Porsche themselves have (but often in different directions).

Take the Yellowbird as an example, not only did it outperform its contemporary 911's, but also pretty much every other road car on the planet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruf_CTR

Not even remotely close.

RUF are a manufacturer in their own right and certainly not a "poor man's Porsche" (particularly given that most of the product they make is more expensive that the Porsche equivalent - secondhand CT12s' go for over 300,000 euros for example).

They have also pushed the limits of what the basic lay-out can do just as much as Porsche themselves have (but often in different directions).

Take the Yellowbird as an example, not only did it outperform its contemporary 911's, but also pretty much every other road car on the planet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruf_CTR

Not the best photo in the world, but one I took at the Goodwood Festival Of Speed last year.

ruf_zpsf36afe67.jpg

Why are the Porsches now called RUF? Did the creators of Forza lose licensing from Porsche?

RUF are in the game as standard, you'll need to buy the porsche DLC pack if you want to drive a porsche though.

1200 points for VIP's 1600 for everyone else...........well it was when it launched, may have changed since.

I wish they were the poor mans Porsche, maybe I could afford one!

I wish they were the poor mans Porsche, maybe I could afford one!

Most expensive new Porsche bought off the floor is 911 Speedster cabriolet starting at $204k
New Ruf RT12 starting at $294k

More like the Porsche is a poor man's RUF...:lol:

Before we get in a knot..this based on dealer pricing...yes you could buy a 911 GT1 for mill..

Appreciate you setting the record straight. Don't know where the heck I read that, but I do remember reading that.

Lissa, that is one FINE looking photo there!

Appreciate you setting the record straight. Don't know where the heck I read that, but I do remember reading that.

Lissa, that is one FINE looking photo there!

I can sympathize with your confusion...I have a different name, can not find friends and I'm a little sad that I am back where I started in GT5.
I thought I left this place for greener pastures...

Back