Ruined Shelby with new Tranny!

  • Thread starter Thread starter FishHunters
  • 40 comments
  • 5,294 views
I don't know, the whine is kind of annoying sometimes but I would not swap out the racing tranny just so I don't have to hear it and lose the massive performance gains from it. Yeah, maybe you don't hear the whine on it anymore but it sure beats being in last place because your car tops out at under 120 MPH and everyone has long passed you.

In the case of cars that have a distinctive engine sound, IT IS the important element to the vehicle. Can't be ruined, must be maintained, even if you can't improve performance. That's the case with the Cobra 427. If I need more performance then I just go find a different car.
 
Wow! The sound is unbelievably loud and obnoxious.^ The driver in the video is pretty doggone good, did you guys see how many people he passed! He was in a league all his own.
 
Instead of the close ratio transmission as a middle-of-the-road option, it would be more useful to have an adjustable final gear ratio. That would take care many peoples' needs.

This!

Changing the final drive is a simple this done in real life, why would PD not include it?
 
Haha, that tranny is :crazy:. Wonder what it would sound like if it decided to fly apart?:)
 
Think it's bad in GT5, watch this video:



At least it sounds good. In GT5, the tranny noise sounds like a combination of horrible violin playing and a tiny bit of whistling.
 
Wow! The sound is unbelievably loud and obnoxious.^ The driver in the video is pretty doggone good, did you guys see how many people he passed! He was in a league all his own.

Overtakes like a BOSS.


I dont mind, but I dont think every car in the game should end up sounding like a hair-dryer.
 
I hate the gear whine. Why waste your time finding the best sounding exhaust system when you're only going to drown it out with the transmission anyway?

Speaking of which, my old Corvette is using the stock exhaust, because all the upgraded exhaust systems make it sound like a 4cyl. A Corvette with side pipes does NOT sound like that PD!
 
Think it's bad in GT5, watch this video:



No wonder they are ether deaf or wear superb ear plugs.

Got WAY too high high pitched at :45 for me to keep listening.
 
I love the sound of the transmission. I just wish we had more related sounds also, like the clunk of changing straight cut gears and pops and bangs on over-run to go with the flames.

With regard to the M3 GTR in that video, I believe it only makes around 300bhp, but weighs sub 1000kg and the driver has balls like watermelons.
 
Back