Rumors on the NEXT Gran Turismo

• Thread starter xxy98cn
  • 404 comments

When do you think the next game in the Gran Turismo series will launch?

• Q1 2020

• Q2 2020

• Q3 2020

• Q4 2020

• Q1 2021

• Q2 2021

• Q3 2021

• Q4 2021

• Q1 2022

• Q2 2022

• Q3 2022

• Q4 2022

• 2023 or later

Results are only viewable after voting.
China
Chinese not in China
EDIT: I don't think a Twitter account with 1.2k followers can be reliable.
--

It's a rumor, it has no source.
Also I don't know if it's suitable to post it here as I see no place for this kind of information.
Anyway an exciting rumor.

Last edited:
This is not what I wanted. I wanted another GT on PS4. If this is true, then most of us are ****ed up. I think I'll move to a PC next year. Everything is cheaper and I have some friends which have good PCs. I'm not going to spend 499$ in a console only for playing GT which is the only good PS4 only game imo.

Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) will publish Gran Turismo 7 on November 20, 2020 for the PlayStation®5 (PS5™)
2v68zmp.gif

Then, if you want to know, it's a fake Playstation twitter account
:bowdown:

5 minutes ago you posted as if the post was in any way credible by moaning about price and how you'll move to PC based on this 'rumour'.

So I said it's rumor and has no source.

If a 'rumour' has no source, it has no reason to be shared and given attention to.

5 minutes ago you posted as if the post was in any way credible by moaning about price and how you'll move to PC based on this 'rumour'.

If a 'rumour' has no source, it has no reason to be shared and given attention to.
I'll move to PC in any case when PS5 is out. I didn't see it was a fake PS, I thought it was the true one. If it was the true PS I would be angry because Kaz always made 2GTs per Playstation. And it just makes more people playing it in this way.

This is not what I wanted. I wanted another GT on PS4. If this is true, then most of us are ****ed up. I think I'll move to a PC next year. Everything is cheaper and I have some friends which have good PCs. I'm not going to spend 499$ in a console only for playing GT which is the only good PS4 only game imo.
Im like that for a couple of years now :( and i can't move to PC either so 🤬 me.

Well, it would be better if PD release their next game on PS5 rather than making the same mistake of releasing late on console cycle like GT6. Would you rather have the next GT develop for PS4 then wait another 3-4 years for a proper next gen Gran Turismo?

It would be a mistake, just like GT6 was, to release a new GT game on old hardware alongside the release of a new console and make us wait till near the end of PS5 life cycle before we even get a next-gen GT. There's not much more Polyphony can do on PS4.

And upgrading your PC alone to be able to play the latest games at near locked-60fps is going to cost more than $499. Pretty much every AAA game on PC is also out on consoles, so I'm not sure what PC is supposed to offer in terms of games. And the next GT game will most definitely have some ray-tracing. PS5 will be backward compatible with current PS4 games anyway, just trade in your PS4 and you'll probably be able to get PS5 for $3-400.

Well, another rumor I've just read on Resetera pertaining to another game said that there's going to be a PS Meeting event in February. If true, we should get our confirmation there. Would be the right timing to reveal it before the next string of World Tour events start, IMO.

And count me in as another who would prefer GT7 to be on the PS5, 'cause GT6 being on PS3 instead kind of irked me.

I heard lots of speculations about a new GT being released at the beginning of PS5's life. But it seems unlikely to me that PD will make new GT so soon, perhaps it could be just some "remastered" version of GTS with better graphics and maybe some new driving psychics/mechanics and content.

Sell your PS4 and buy PS5, still enjoy PS4 games and also the new PS5 ones including new gran turismos. Its a no brainer.
A midrance gaming PC costs TWICE the amount of PS5, you still save money if you only play GT.

Am I the only one who thinks this thread is a tad pointless?

Its a given ps5 is coming. The speculation on a release date is completely pointless as everyone already think they plan to release PS5 around then for the pre-xmas buyer.

Would I put this date in my calendar now? No. Its over a year away and anything can happen between now and then.

If rumours are correct the next-gen consoles will blow away most PC’s under $1000. And that’s 2020 PC’s which will be a step above what’s available today.

Unlike last-gen they appear to be pushing out the boat with their tech. The machines performance will not be judged by outright GPU performance. Rather how they perform as a fully integrated system with custom SSD’s that outperform their PC equivalents.

After 7 years it will be a fairly huge step forward. Not to mention new, major, 1st Party development stopped in 2017. That’s why PlayStation have been so quiet these past 18 months.

I’m pretty sure Gran Turismo, in some form or other, will be featured in the upcoming PS5 reveal. Again rumoured to be around February time. PD are one of the few Sony 1st Party studios who fit within the development timeline for a new title around ‘20/‘21.

Sounds unlikely the next GT is gonna at least take 4-5 years by PD standards

However since Polyphony has been outsourcing Car models now it could save development time.

Well, nobody even said you have to want it, too...

Sounds unlikely the next GT is gonna at least take 4-5 years by PD standards.

With GTS PD introduced a new game model, which allowed it to be released early - if they had stuck to their previous approach they might have missed the PS4 altogether. For this reason I think the next iteration of GT could release early in the PS5's life - i.e. as a compact game (like GTS) followed by years of DLC adding tracks and cars.

Back