Running a GR4,GR3 or GR1 1HR Race Tuesdays at 8:00Pm EST

  • Thread starter Thread starter KOTR SRT
  • 68 comments
  • 4,062 views
Messages
66
United States
Carmichaels, PA
Messages
KOTR-SRGY-BOOST
Just tossing the idea around to start a weekly GR4 race series on Tuesday nights around 8PM EST. Races being about 1hr in length, naturally with tire wear/fuel consumption on. Only ABS allowed. Not sure on the rest of the details yet but, if this gains a bit of momentum I could come up with the rest easily. Also on another note, these will be for fun.Race Format (All Times EST)
  • Tuesday Nights
  • Practice (40 min): 7:00pm to 7:40pm
  • Qualifying (15 min): 7:40pm to 7:55pm
  • Break (5 min)
  • Race Start (60 min): 8:00pm to9:00pm
Race Settings
  • Start Type
    • TBD
  • Grid Order: Fastest First
  • Boost: None
  • Slipstream Strength: Real
  • Visible Damage: On
  • Mechanical Damage: Off
  • Tire Wear: TBD
  • Fuel Consumption: TBD
  • Initial Fuel: Default
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Race Finish Delay: 180 seconds
Regulation Settings
  • Filter by Category: TBD
  • Balance of Performance: On
  • Power Limit: No Limit
  • Weight Limit: No Limit
  • Maximum Tire Rating: Racing Hard
  • Minimum Tire Rating: Racing Hard
  • Type of Racing Number: No Limit
  • Assign Car Numbers Automatically: None
  • Tuning: No Limit
  • Kart Usage: Off
Penalty Settings
  • Ghosting During Race: Weak
  • Shortcut Penalty: Weak
  • Wall Collision Penalty: None
  • Wall Collision Detection: Default
  • Side Contact Penalty: Off
  • Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collision: Off
  • Replace Car at Course Out: Off
  • Flag Rules: On
  • Ghost Lapped Cars: On
Driving Options
  • Countersteering Assist: Prohibited
  • ASM: Prohibited
  • Driving Line: No Limit
  • Traction Control: No Limit
  • ABS: No Limit
  • Auto-Drive: Prohibited
 
Last edited:
Didn't expect these replies so fast, good to know people are interested. I'll get with my friends and set the final details soon. Probably have the first race either next week or the week after. Also, I set that time so more people will have a chance to join after work/school. All I can say is, watch out for my angry Viper when these races start up, lol
 

Attachments

  • VIPER GR4 ANGRY Christine.jpg
    VIPER GR4 ANGRY Christine.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 38
Okay, I'm going to be running a test race just to see where the tire wear and fuel consumption should be on Tuesday. I haven't been home to play for a week so I need to play around with those. Anyway I'm going to try running the first actual race the following Tuesday, May 8th. Feel free to join the test race if you wish though. The lobby will most likely be named very similar to this thread.
 
Count me in, I love me a good endurance race, and the timing is perfect for me.
 
I will be opening the lobby around 7:30 est tonight for the test race .Anyone interested feel free to join. The race will probably start a little after 8:00 (8:15-8:20). Going to name the lobby GTP GR4 1H Endurance. See you guys there if you join .
 
Room is open.
 
That was fun yesterday! Excellent track selection, using Dragon Trail Gardens. I had a great time, even though you and Kari-wrx (I believe that was the name) were nearly a full minute ahead of myself and the rest of the pack by the end of the hour.

I plan on coming back in the future, but I won't be around next Tuesday. Hope to see you the following week.
 
Door is always open to you VMethos. Hopefully this gains some steam and we have more people as time goes on.
 
Tomorrow nights race will be on Mt. Panorama. Same set up as before. Also I've set up a community on PSN for this as well, if anyone wants to stay up to date that way.
 
Will this be an open lobby or private lobby?
 
SNAIL has an Endurance series on the same day that just started last week. It's 1.5 hours if you don't mind and starts at 8:30p EST
 
It will be open. That way more people can join.
 
Room is open. Starting at 8:20. Might push it to 8:30
 
Tuesdays race will be GR3 at Alsace village. Same room set up, tire wear and fuel consumption. Hope to see some of you guys there.
 
The room will be open in about 90mins. The race will start at 8:20PM EST.
 
Tomorrow night's race will be on Autodrome Lago Maggiore GP, GR4 with the same settings. Hopefully see some of you there! Also I'm starting the race at 8:00PM so a good friend of mine can actually race this time.
 
Wait it's not both classes at the same time? I was looking back at this and was hoping you meant multiclass.
 
Well, if I can figure out a way to do that while still being fair, I'd be glad to do that.
 
I jumped in on your lobby by accident but I'm glad I did. Will be there next week for sure. Thanks for accepting the friend request. See you on track.
 
Well, if I can figure out a way to do that while still being fair, I'd be glad to do that.
What do you think is unfair about it? Let's work it out and make it happen :)
 
What do you think is unfair about it? Let's work it out and make it happen :)
No way to manage tuning and BOP in GT Sport at this time. It just ends up being a fully open lobby where anything goes.
 
More good racing last night. I had a nice battle with someone and finished on the podium on a track I still can' quite figure out.
 
Back