Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Adidas

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Some other brand

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

vat_man

Staff Emeritus
Pretty simple question, really. For those of use who run, what brand of footwear do you run in.

I run Asics Gel Kayanos - love those shoes.

Right now I have a pair of New Ballance that are half a size too small for me. Other than that, they're awesome.

~LoudMusic

I'm currently running in Asics, though I'm incredibly fond of Saucony's shoes (I have somewhat wide-ish feet, and most of Saucony's shoes are wider than others).

About 1 month ago I bought some new shoes for the upcoming school year. They are super super great. I bought the new Nike Shox. Nike Shox D. They kick ass. Best pair of shoes I have ever owned. Very comfortable and boingy. :)

Attachments

• 303988_001_pop-1.jpeg
    303988_001_pop-1.jpeg
    17.6 KB · Views: 48
im using new balance 714's and they are by far the best pair of shoes ive ever owned. built in arch support and they absorb a hell of a lot of shock. $150 but they are well worth it.

Attachments

• dcp_1416.jpg
    dcp_1416.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 44
Originally posted by Dudebusta
you mean you paid 150 US dollars for your shoes?

Yes, that is how much a pair of Nike Shox costs. You will not find a pair under that price unless they are an older pair. Well worth every penny though.

Oh yeah, your in Australia. I forgot. Do you not have Nike Shox down there or what? I thought people knew about them everywhere shoes were. :odd:

Originally posted by Dudebusta
i cant really see the sense in paying copious amounts for shoes that will wear out on 6 to 8 months of running.

I can - extra $50 on shoes saves $500 on physio treatment on knees. Easy.

I am going to keep these shoes until Christmas. That is what I always do. 2 pairs of shoes a year. Wear each for half a year. The price on these though Dudebusta is high yes, but well worth it. Best shoes I have ever worn. Very comfortable so I do not have to spend $20 on some Gel Insoles by SofSole like I do with all other shoes. These do not need it. :eek:

Yeah, the ol' knees aren't quite what they were - years of keeping wickets for various cricket sides have taken their toll.

I tried some Nikes - forget which, one of the Airs. Comfortable, but they felt unstable. I also tried some New Balance's which weren't anywhere near as comfortable, but were much more stable - I'd have taken them over the Nikes.

The Asics had the combination of comfort and stability - there was really no choice, especially if I wanted to run on the road - which I do.

Got the City to Surf tomorrow!!

I use saucony for my running, new ballance for my everyday wear, and asics or A really good pare of NB for my vollyball. I use nike for basketball, but only because I managed to get a 160 dollar pair of shoes for 80.

I have a really wide foot, so my selection is limited, I haven't worn Nike or Adidas since I was a little kid, right now I have a pair of New Balances, They're stable, comfortable, and wide. I like Asics too

Originally posted by SublimeDood10
I have a really wide foot, so my selection is limited, I haven't worn Nike or Adidas since I was a little kid, right now I have a pair of New Balances, They're stable, comfortable, and wide. I like Asics too

Same problems here.

Back