RVT - Red Venom Tuning Garage - Shutdown

It's just that this car behaves significantly different from other cars. It's a bit of trick you have to learn really.

Some rules apply to this car though, whichever tune you are using:

1. This car will oversteer violently if you fully release the throttle while it's not completely straight. (liftoff oversteer)

2. It will also oversteer violently if you apply too much throttle while it's not completely straight. (power oversteer)

So, when 1. happens, you need to gently apply the throttle back again while making sure 2. does not occur.

When 2. happens, you must gently release the throttle while making sure 1. does not occur.

Do not countersteer too much, it will start flipflopping/fishtailing. Rather have it level out, using the throttle to control where you are going.

As you see, the trick is to apply the right amount of throttle and the right amount of steering. Do not overcompensate. It's a bit like walking on a tight rope. ;)

For those that know how I like my cars, I'm driver32503, this quote exemplifies why I love this tune. Risk / reward.

As I said in my pm, your viper tune is absolutely brilliant... 10 out of 10!

Nice to know you're out there using my car, and that means we had an RVT 1-2 earlier in a GTP 1-2-3 :)

Anyone interested in me doing a map of my litte handling circuit i use on Suzuka? Its just section then the same section backwards.

Oh, we should start tuning the touge cars? Let me get used to the steering wheel, at the moment I can't even drive Suzuka in a 135i without being either 6sec slower, or 98% of the time, crashing.

Amuse set up updated. Special car to come to commemorate the ending of the GTLM showdown.

Was just coming to close this thread, then I realised i had nearly 10,000 views, so I think i'll keep it :)

EDIT: Quick corvette front damper change to.

Well it had been a month of nothingness and I don't have all that much spare time to make new tunes. I have had some inspiration though, so will continue to offer my services even though not as extensive as the rest of you.

Amuse set up updated. Special car to come to commemorate the ending of the GTLM showdown.

Was just coming to close this thread, then I realised i had nearly 10,000 views, so I think i'll keep it :)

EDIT: Quick corvette front damper change to.

Hey, don't feel too bad, even the semi-hated nd 4 holden spd doesn't get many reviews, but I know people are using my tunes. Including in the GTP Race Event.

It's not about dislike for a particular garage, it's because attention for GT5P is diminishing. Many people have moved on to different games. This game needs some fresh events and functionality.

Ford GT NFB
750PP - Power: 540PS - Torque: 498ft-lbs - Weight: 1262KG

fordgt5ryk5.jpg

Description
Ok, so here at RVT we like high downforce, super high grip, super lightweight, bare bones race cars. So whats this big american supercar doing here? Providing you with something fun with a noise like no other? Damn right we are. A fairly volatile car that will quickly throw you into the dirt if you're not careful, just like our GTLM. It's been stripped out and the powers been dropped to fit with race regulations, but despite a slight power loss you will be leaving practically anything for dead on the straights of Suzuka. Liftoff oversteer is your friend here, use it to tackle turn in without sliding to much or spinning wildly out of control, then apply the power to use the grip to exit the bend, provided by those huge racing tyres. This car is all about fun, strap yourself in tight cus you're in for one hell of a ride.

Set Up
Power: -3 (-5 for 749PP)
Weight: 87% (85% for 749 see above brackets)
Tyres: R3/R3
Downforce: 0F 20R

Suspension
Ride Height: -10F -14R
Spring Rate: 3F 6R
Dampers: 3F 8R
Toe: +0.20F -0.50R
Camber: 1.5F 1.0R
Brake Balance: 5F 5R

Other
Max Turning Angle: 40
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

Transmission
1st Gear: 2.250
2nd Gear: 1.518
3rd Gear: 1.183
4th Gear: 0.940
5th Gear: 0.770
6th Gear: 0.631

Final Gear: 4.147

5 gear transmission, set up to fit the exact 750PP schedule, see brackets for original set up for power and weight.

Dodge Viper RVT10/Tuned
799PP - Power: 576PS - Torque: 579ft-lbs - Weight: 1066KG

RVT10.jpg

Description
Project Venom 800, the slightly revised version of the original, with a more highly tuned engine, gearing adjustment and sharing a new front damper with the 750 base car, the car ran well out the box on Fuji even with new physics. This car has lapped comfortably under 1:34 in free run and although hampered on the long straight the high downforce and lightweight will keep make you more then a match for most competition. Careful not to overdrive the car though, this is still a Viper and like its 750 counterpart, it will bite you if you're not careful, hard. Understeer is possible if cornering isn't smooth with the new physics so try not to stab the brakes or throttle to much, smooth movements help. Again being a Viper, slam the pedal to early and you need to get on top of the rear end quick before it overtakes the front. Enjoy, this could be the last car to come out the RVT garage depending how it is received.
Note: 5 gear set up

Set Up
Power: +4
Weight: 85%
Tyres: R3/R3
Downforce: 20F 35R

Suspension
Ride Height: -10F -10R
Spring Rate: 7F 5R
Dampers: 6F 7R
Toe: -0.25F +0.17R
Camber: 2.6F 1.4R
Brake Balance: 4F 6R

Other
Max Turning Angle: 40
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

Transmission
1st Gear: 2.308
2nd Gear: 1.588
3rd Gear: 1.193
4th Gear: 0.937
5th Gear: 0.751
6th Gear: N/A (5 gear set up)
Final Gear: 3.090

The front damper on the 750 model of the Viper/Tuned, was also given a 6 front damper, tiny adjustment but it helped give a bit more front end grip.

Triple post ftw!

I like your setups very much and i hope you will tune every earlier setup also to level of this update. :)

I have also tested other tuners setups and your setups are very well suited to my driving style. Keep up the good work and DONT STOP. :)

Few reasons.

1) I don't find alot of time left to match the large offerings other shops have.
2) I rarely get any feedback, which i suppose means on complaints to.
3) Perhaps key reason, I'm not really playing GT5P all that much anymore.

1) is not necessarily a problem (quality over quantity), but 2) and 3) are. ;) I suffered a little GT5P dip too, because I was really bored. But with the new physics and events I like the game again. I also decided to tune less and actually drive the damn' things. ;) Keeps it interesting. :)

Yea thats my problem, when I do play I just race or drift, I have little motivation to keep tuning when I don't get any real support anymore.

Yea thats my problem, when I do play I just race or drift, I have little motivation to keep tuning when I don't get any real support anymore.

Please say it aint so:scared: Man I have gotten a lot of use & pleasure outta your setups. But respect your reasons for doing so. THANKS for the tunes,hope to see ya on the track then.👍

Well i'd like to say I've used and tried your tunes at some point, had fun with them as well, by far the GTlm was a peach to drive, would like to see you continue, maybe look in race events, see whats popular and do the odd tune for that....will keep checking in to see if anything new appears

two possible cars Evora, think this event will get stronger, 512BB for the Ferrari event is rapidly gaining popularity for the fun factor

Last edited:
Your tuning is amazing helps my races out alot and helped me more with my brake and throttle control. Do a ferrari 430 tune :P. keep at it.

Back