S-10 Suzuka Race - Help needed!

• Thread starter snake900
  • 36 comments
This is quite possibly the hardest race ever. I can't even get the bronze medal no matter what car I use.

What is the ideal car and tuning setup to win the race? I just need this race to complete the game D:

I race on normal. Pro is too hardcore for me.

I think I used the Amuse to pass s-10 and I did a 1:59 best lap and I am a pretty bad driver.

I used a pad (not 100% sure anymore since I bought a wheel somewhere around that time), automatic and normal as well.

Seems to be designed for using a wheel, manual and pro physics.

I use a pad, automatic and normal D:

I have the same set up and my best lap time with the Vette was 2:00.451
It takes practice. I'm still trying to get 1st. I just looked up the set-up I used. Hope it helps.

Automatic Transmission
Standard Physics
Active Steering: off
ASM: Off
Traction Control: Off

Power: -13
Weight: 85
Aerodynamics: 15/25
Ride Ht: -10/-10
Spring Rate: 4/3
Damper: 3/4
Toe: +0.1/+0.2
Camber: 2.1/1.7
Brake Balance: 5/5
Turning Angle: 45
Traction Control: off
ABS: 1

Transmission Ratios
1: 2.308
2: 1.588
3: 1.234
4: 1.005
5: 0.844
6: 0.596

Final: 3.410

End of Lap 1: 14th, 2:15.718
Off the track in the gravel once
Short Cut Penalty twice in the chicane on the same lap ( grrrrrrr! )

Lap 2: 13, 2:04.773

Lap 3: 9th, 2:01.200

Lap 4: 4th, 2:00.451

Lap 5: 3rd, 2:04.040

Don’t know how far off I was from 1st & 2nd.

You gotta be aggressive and dive under the other cars in the corners. Watch your race lines and use as much of the track as possible to set up for the next turn.

I also found that you corner much better if you don’t jam the steering all the way over to the side. Back off a little and the tires have more grip. Try to stay off the brakes as much as possible, and as soon as you’re coming out of the one corner and see a straight line to the entry of the next, nail the throttle.

i used a a regular corvette z06 tuned as much as it could b to the ZR1 settings. i got gold on the first try. these are my settings

transmission: MT
active steering: off
driving physics: standard
ASM: off
Driving line: on

HP: 650
WT: 1207
TIRES: R1/R1
AERO: 0/0
HEIGHT: -35/-35
SPRINGS: 7/7
DAMPER: 7/7
TOE: 0/0
CAMBER: 1.0/1.4
BRAKES: 10/10
TURN ANGLE: 50
TRACTION: 0
ABS: 0
1ST: 2.308
2ND: 1.610
3RD: 1.210
4TH: 1.000
5TH: 0.810
6TH: 0.596
FINAL: 3.420

I find the race very easy with standard settings with the tuned z06 but standard settings are gay. Try using the mines r-34 to win in professional.

This is a very hard race... with a DS3! I had tried countless times with a DS3 driving a Tuned Corvette, and could not get anywhere near the top 3 positions to claim the win.

Then the other night, by chance, I plugged in my DFP, and blitzed it first time out, and I hadn't even used my DFP on GT5:P before!

I raced it a couple of times after that to see if it was luck, and it wasn't, it was way easier with a wheel! I still can't get a podium with a DS3 though... Go figure... :lol:

Another one I'd got gold on using standard physics 1st time round.

Ran it again on Saturday using pro physics and the Tuned Vette with Faks settings from the On-line hotlap thread (http://img23.imageshack.us/i/vipertuned750suzuka.jpg/). Upped power to compensate for r1's instead of r3's.

Didn't drive agressively and still managed to get in to the lead exiting Spoon on lap 4... the benefit of owning a G25 now, running 100's of laps in the vette and 1000's of laps round Suzuka on-line racing I guess.

amuse! down a little on the power and weight, shorter gear ratios. that's it. gold. d-pad, mt, tc on 3, all other aids off (except abs).

Upfront I can tell you that in a few month from today you'll probably look back at your own post and wonder what your problem had been....

Since that doesnt help you in your current position, in which, as I believe, the better end of the GT5P players will have been in (at least I was), I will now get on with stuff that might help.

Best car for me was definetely the Corvette Z06 tuned

There are plenty of tuning shops or sites in this forum, made by people who have been in the game for a while. Luckily they think community and share these with the forum. Try some of these! A decent tune makes a huge difference!!!

Go into the online races, pick the Suzuka 750PP race, adjust the car there to whatever points legal for S-10 (cant remember) and do free runs until your laptimes come down.

Then race! Unfortunately it is very difficult to clear this event without at least "leaning" onto other cars. For this reason I don't enjoy the offline events anymore, it is far from the clean racing you are after when racing online.

Nasty to say this to you at this stage, but even in pro physics it's quite easy to come third. Second is a different story, that R8 is far ahead of pos 3. I have sniffed his exhaust fumes a couple times, failing him by a handful tenth. S10 is the only event I'm still sitting with a bronze pot. You'll get there as well 👍

Hope any of this was of any help!
Cheers
Ren

i just cant understand the need for such a different skill level for ONE race!!

i have pounded the amuse2000 round that course relentlessly and cannot get better than 2.05

i have bought the zo6 but cant beat 2.07 although it is a new car to me and i need more practise with it.

i finish twelfth every time, over and over

have finished 10th once

i just cant understand the need for such a different skill level for ONE race!!

i have pounded the amuse2000 round that course relentlessly and cannot get better than 2.05

i have bought the zo6 but cant beat 2.07 although it is a new car to me and i need more practise with it.

i finish twelfth every time, over and over

have finished 10th once

Pro or Std? The stock Z06 is a difficult car at this power level. The Tuned Z06 is much easier to drive. (Downforce is your friend)

For std physics S10 lap times should be in the 1:56 range. For pro 2:00 is my best.

Ran an opening lap of 2.07, and followed that with 4 1'59's in the tuned Vette (in pro).

Little bit of Talent...coming from you STotty? LOL

Heck some of you newbie's in here are doing great; I can't get below 2.04 lap times. Congratulations to you Snake900! Many of the comments are very helpful in this thread, very much appreciated.

I asked my secretary to type up this list, (She thought I was nuts) so I could better evaluate horse power ratings to points assigned, and then compare to recommended tunes within these threads. This list may help others decide :) Feel free to use it on the boards.

HP: 779 PP: 824 GT by Citroen 08
HP: 682 PP: 749 R35 GT-7 Coupe
HP: 676 PP: 750 Blitz Dunlop ER 34 07
HP: 620 PP: 750 BNR 34 Skyline GT-R 06
HP: 592 PP: 725 Ford GT LM Spec 11 Test Car
HP: 587 PP: 750 Amuse S200 GT 1 Turbo
HP: 509 PP: 624 Dodge Viper SRT 10
HP: 504 PP: 643 Corvette Z06 06
HP: 496 PP: 634 Ferrari F430 06
HP: 495 PP: 699 Ford GT 06
HP: 494 PP: 699 Clio Sport V-6 Tuned
HP: 493 PP: 603 SL 55 AMG 02
HP: 487 PP: 598 Ferrari 599 06
HP: 476 PP: 750 Corvette Z06 Tuned
HP: 473 PP: 649 Art Morrison Corvette 60
HP: 451 PP: 627 Ferrari F40 92
HP: 417 PP: 649 Ferrari California
HP: 415 PP: 574 BMW M3 Coupe 07
HP: 376 PP: 619 Lancer Evolution X Tuned
HP: 375 PP: 569 Ferrari 512 BB
HP: 361 PP: 631 TVR Tuscon Speed 6 {00}
HP: 355 PP: 569 Ferrari 512 BB 76
HP: 330 PP: 543 Skyline Coupe Concept 07
HP: 329 PP: 543 Skyline Coupe 370 GT 07
HP: 311 PP: 540 Fairlady Z version S 07
HP: 306 PP: 539 BMW Concept 1 Series TII 07
HP: 301 PP: 517 Ford Mustang GT 07
HP: 291 PP: 556 NSX Type R 02
HP: 278 PP: 525 Lancer Evolution IX GSR 05
HP: 251 PP: 514 Audi TT Coupe 3.2 07
HP: 250 PP: 502 Clio Sport V-6 00
HP: 248 PP: 655 Lotus Elise 111R Tuned
HP: 217 PP: 497 Integra type R 04

Just remember that pure horsepower is less than half the PP equation. (Not that we know the equation) Hp to Wt is alot of it. Aero is part of it. And doubtless crap we don't even know about.

Some cars have a PP advantage. They just run faster than other cars tuned to the same PP. The Clio T, Ferrari C, and GT LM stand out to me. The Z06 T is extremely fast at any PP. Others say the GTR.

This race would be simple in pro mode in the GTLM... I ran some laps in it in free run at 750pp on R1's and hit mid 57's almost straight away with only minimal tuning... and it's a car I've hardly ever driven before, so probably will go a lot faster. That's at least 2 full seconds a lap faster than the 2'00 lap time range needed to win on pro.

The LM is a love it or hate it car. But if you can drive it, it's FAST. The Tuned Vette is nearly as fast but far more forgiving.

Chronos, can you share your setup? I've tried most of the cars except the GTLM.

I don't have it anymore unfortunately, but it wasn't anything special.

I bet one of the tunes in the sticky thread for the 750pp Suzuka race would do or be better.

Thanks Chronos, I did try that set up, wow, way to loose for me, I finaly got 6th place...I should be able to get at least 3rd with the Corvette today. S6 and S7 left, then I can get the F1 Ferarri

I have the same set up and my best lap time with the Vette was 2:00.451
It takes practice. I'm still trying to get 1st. I just looked up the set-up I used. Hope it helps.

Automatic Transmission
Standard Physics
Active Steering: off
ASM: Off
Traction Control: Off

Power: -13
Weight: 85
Aerodynamics: 15/25
Ride Ht: -10/-10
Spring Rate: 4/3
Damper: 3/4
Toe: +0.1/+0.2
Camber: 2.1/1.7
Brake Balance: 5/5
Turning Angle: 45
Traction Control: off
ABS: 1

Transmission Ratios
1: 2.308
2: 1.588
3: 1.234
4: 1.005
5: 0.844
6: 0.596

Final: 3.410

End of Lap 1: 14th, 2:15.718
Short Cut Penalty twice in the chicane on the same lap ( grrrrrrr! )

Lap 2: 13, 2:04.773

Lap 3: 9th, 2:01.200

Lap 4: 4th, 2:00.451

Lap 5: 3rd, 2:04.040

Don’t know how far off I was from 1st & 2nd.

You gotta be aggressive and dive under the other cars in the corners. Watch your race lines and use as much of the track as possible to set up for the next turn.

I also found that you corner much better if you don’t jam the steering all the way over to the side. Back off a little and the tires have more grip. Try to stay off the brakes as much as possible, and as soon as you’re coming out of the one corner and see a straight line to the entry of the next, nail the throttle.

I was struggling to get my tuned vette around Suzuka in 2:06 with my lame attempt at tuning the car which only ever resulted in me getting 4th place on 3 separate occasions, so I decided to look for some help with tuning the car. I think I was too concerned with keeping the BHP up above 500 that I never dropped enough weight off the car.

I tried FlatLineFred's setup with a small variation to the gear ratios on the tuned vette for the S.10 race and I knew he had worked some magic with that when I was in 8th by the end of lap 1, 3rd by end of lap 2, and taking first at the hairpin turn on lap 3. I was consistently doing 2:00 - 2:01. Fastest lap was 2:00:365. Bravo! I'm saving these settings!

I use the Logitech Driving Force GT wheel, and this setup made the car so sharp and manageable!

When I race I usually do the first lap in 2:10. The following laps are either 2:00 or 1:59. I use a tuned vette with stock settings, the only thing i change is the PPs. I take all the weight out of the car and then adjust the power accordingly.

I spent a lot of time on the S10 and I just made it to Bronze with the Tuned corvette using tuning help from various posts from all the great people in this forum.

I believe that most of the cars that run in that race are quite capable of getting Gold. The problem is in my driving. I only have a pad and it's hard to control the throttle going around the turns. I finally learned to feather the throttle to keep up the revs once I got down to the right speed and that got me to about 2.4 time. I think that in order to get Gold you need to get to the point where you can run 2.2 laps consistently.

My best suggestion is to pick a car that you like and stick to it. From the Blitz to the Vette, they can all make it. I started the race and if I messed up or if I was not under 10th position in lap 1, I would just restart the game because it made no sense to go 5 laps to loose. I found the constant practice very helpfull but I still can not get below 2.3 laps.

It's very challenging but I think that the idea of the s10 is to make us a pro driver so that we are ready for GT5 and besides, there is no great payoff for completing the S series. All one gets, is the right to purchase a formula car so we can practice even more.

It's a great game! After I cleared s10 with Bronze, I'm now having fun going back through all the events and driving some of my favorite cars and I try the s10 again after I get tired of the other events. I'm sure that I will get Gold in the s10 someday.

dude dont feel bad. my first PS3 fried trying to win 8 hours straight. I got the ford gt concept car and tuned it, took 8 trys and got 2nd, could have gotten 1st, but i didnt wanna push my luck

Seems to be designed for using a wheel, manual and pro physics

That is correct! I raced the game to death with a DS3, and never quite managed to win the race. I came close a couple of times, but never managed to get the win. After weeks of frustration, I plugged in my DFP, and won it on the first outing! 👍

Latest Posts

Back