S-10 Suzuka Race - Help needed!

• Thread starter snake900
  • 36 comments
5th try i got gold - Manual, Standard Physics, Dual Shock and with a tune i pulled out of my rear. I could post it later if you like but you could probably find better. I either finish first or second when i run this race.

5th try i got gold - Manual, Standard Physics, Dual Shock and with a tune i pulled out of my rear. I could post it later if you like but you could probably find better. I either finish first or second when i run this race.

Post it! Post it! I still want to get 1st......

Post it! Post it! I still want to get 1st......
Tuned Z06/Standard Physics

Power -4
Weight 100
aero 15/27
Height -9/-9
SR 3/6
Damper 6/8
Toe 0/0
Camber .7/.5
Brake 7/9
Turn Angle 45
TC off
ABS 1
Gearing
1 2.66
2 1.857
3 1.329
4 1.019
5 .821
6 .596
F 4.5

Like i said may find better but with this i turn 1.59 laps and finish 1st unless i manage to really screw up bad twice. I've gone off road bad and still got the lead mid late 4th lap.

Well, I don't consider mysefl as a good GT driver, but I did it in Vette, without setting it up with pro physics. And I just can't drive GT LM, but sure I agree, Vette is much more forgiving. I can't figure out why GT LM rear is slipping so easy for example on long turns like one on Fuji. Just driving it and got suprised by oversteer:|

Z06 Tuned S-10 settings

Pro physics

power -16%
weight 85%
R1 (event specified)
aero 20/30

height -5/-5
springs 4/6
dampers 3/5
toe +0.10/+0.50
camber 1,2/0,8

brake balance 5/4
steering 50 degrees

gears:
1. 2,308
2. 1,692
3. 1,329
4. 1,061
5. 0,844
6. 0,595
final 3,199

I managed to pass the last car at the last chicane on the last lap.
You must be very smooth at all times and try to pass the other cars quickly. Be careful as they will go into the gravel-trap if they can mess up your line.

I completed this gold about a week ago at like my second try, only to come on here and see everyone moaning about how they can't do it! Made me wonder if I had confused the race with another. So I tried it again just a minute ago to make sure, and it was as easy as I thought.

All I used was a Mines Skyline (the one you need earlier in S-Class, so you'll already have it), reduced the weight to the minimum, and set the level of downforce to maximum. Then I set the power accordingly so the car was under 750PP. I took the lead on the long straight before 130R on the 4th lap, so it was a comfortable win.

1st lap aim for a laptime of around 2.10, then for the other laps around 2.00. Very attainable using the simple setup, and making sure you slipstream effectively. So looking for an overall time of around 10.10, with the second place car usually doing around 10.14.

Got 2nd place in the tuned ZO6 and 3rd in the Amuse S2000. In the Vette I went for less weight rather than more power, and raised the max wheel angle by 5 degrees, that seemed to help the handling.
I agree it is by far the hardest race on the game. Just practice practice practice!

Back