S class strategies and tips

• Thread starter hazzy
  • 66 comments
10 laps of Suzuka and Brands Hatch:
Car: McLaren F1 GTR Base Model
All possible downforce, gear final speed 320 km/h
ABS:1, everything else off.

Suzuka:
Racing hard tyres, pit in at the end of lap 5. Starts raining up to 20% but then stops. Racing Hard tyres again, won easily.

Brands Hatch:
Same as Suzuka, except I changed tyres at the end of the 8th lap.

Hope it helps!
You can also use RS or even RM. The only real "trick" to this one is figuring out you don't need Wet Tires at all. Be fast, pass the rest and win. I've won it on 3 stops and 2 stops. It just depends on how fast you are.

Just tried the 24 mins of Le Mans in the Rocket. Finished 10th but I think it was poor gearing on my part. Going to try pitting at lap 2 for Racing Medium (eats the softs a little quickly) and with the one splash of fuel it will easily make the end. Hopefully, closer to the top 5 but we'll see. Enjoying the challenge using it. In the draft the Rocket can out do the LMP's easily but then again, that may have been my gearingso hopefully I don't lose that overall.

@WakeStriker - I've not even made it to the end of that one. Finished the other four for S though. Using a DS3 and don't think I'll be able to handle it without a wheel. Lost my IR thing for my old wheel. Thinking about trying it in low gear at each turn with a midpoint break instead of late. If that fails I'll go with late break to an almost complete stop. Whadaya think?

Veyron - Same advice as the Lambo, but there are many very tight turns that you'll have to brake fully on. You can save a couple of seconds by hitting the chicane just after the start just right, but be prepared for a lot of DQs. You shouldn't have to brake too heavily on the 1st and second turns of the long section right before the section with the back to back tight chicanes. This one will likely take a while, as the Veyron is a ve fast brick.

If you think the licence is hard wait untill you get to the s class missions. Took me almost a hour of trying to gold the 1 lap nordschleife in the old gt40 with a ds3. Now i am doing the s class races and its a lot of fun with the sugested cars in this topic.

Last edited:
If you think the licence is hard wait untill you get to the s class missions. Took me almost a hour of trying to gold the 1 lap nordschleife in the old gt40 with a ds3. Now i am doing the s class races and its a lot of fun with the sugested cars in this topic.
Really? I found the S license way harder than the missions which, though difficult, I did gold. That Veyron at Ascari killed me just getting the lousy bronze. I haven't even attempted to go back and try again.
24minutes of Le Mans:
Car: Audi R18 Anniversary edition, Turbo kit stage 3.
Medium downforce
Gear top speed: 390 km/h.
ABS: 1
Everything else off.

Starts with 60% rain, so better go with Racing Intermediates.
At the end of Lap 3, change tyres to Racing Hard.
At the end of Lap 5, change tyres to Racing Hard again.
Easy win, 1 minutes and 20 seconds ahead.

There's no way that would've worked for me. I must suck because the lead car was getting further away from me with every sector. I still used the R18 but switched to RS tires and mid-turbo. Ran 3 laps with them hard out because it isn't set to realistic grip loss, so it's not like you'll be spinning out because of the wet conditions, but the rain still keeps the tires from degrading too fast. You could play it more safe and switch to medium or hard, but I decided to keep going all out with the softs because I felt I just didn't have the speed to keep up with the leader otherwise. Pitted again at lap 5 for more fuel and RS tires and won by 10 seconds on lap 7. It seemed like the AI had a bunch of different pit strategies, so if the fast car pits incorrectly, you could get a much easier win that way.

One last note, I had SEVERE framerate drops when large groups of the AI pitted. I'm sure you might be thinking I'm being hyperbolic, but it was stuttering to the point that it became rather difficult to drive for a few seconds several times.

I don't know if it was a glitch or if a minimum of one pitstop is required, but I went from 1st to 16th when passing the pits on the 9th lap at Ascari. I was driving the Rocket. After getting sent to 16th place my gap was -55" (negative 55 seconds) from 1st!

You might have had a problem there ???

Did Ascari yesterday with the Rocket and finish 1st without pitting with 1 min 30 on the 2nd car ;)

I don't know if it was a glitch or if a minimum of one pitstop is required, but I went from 1st to 16th when passing the pits on the 9th lap at Ascari. I was driving the Rocket. After getting sent to 16th place my gap was -55" (negative 55 seconds) from 1st!

Same thing happened to me in the 125 shifter kart championship, very frustrating as the GTA is a difficult track.

That's peculiar. Had no issue not pitting with the Rocket and Caterham. Since it's so fun, do it again! :P

I am stuck on the International A licences.
I have done the first and the third ones, no problem.

The Lambo and the Veron ones, i am way out of the bronz time.

I do not have a wheel.

Can anybody give me some tips or help, i am 12 seconds out of the third time to get the licences done.

Tks in advance

Like you, I finished the Super licence on the DS3 (lazy to bring out the wheel...) and the veyron was the toughest.

Try to learn the track first, the Ascarii is pretty unforgiving and without knowing the track layout, you won't really know the braking zones or tightness of the corners.

Take the first few corners - for the opening chicane, if you brake earlier and take the proper line, you can immediately accelerate through the 2nd of the chicane corners down to to the left hander, which shaves a fair amount of time. For the next 2 corners, brake and "spurt throttle" your way through. You should be able to gauge when you can accelerate fully through the corner down the straights.

Turn on the racing line if you have to - it helps a lot, although I don't fully trust them. I tend to brake later in the red zone than follow it and sometimes find my own lines through corners although it does help in knowing the track limits better.

Keep at it!

I just tried the 10 laps at Silverstone, driving the M3 GT2, starting out on RS, and switching to RH at the pits, since 5 laps is too far for RS, and the front tires was completly depleted halfway into lap 5. Only managed 3rd, a good 16 seconds behind the leader... I think you will need a GT car or mabye LMP if they are eligble to the race. RH or RM tires is reccomended by me.

Yeah I found this too... ended up just using an LMP car as that Merc F1 is so fast I couldn't catch him in much else, that also seems to be the only race were the AI pit's properly and not just randomly lol, I was gifted the 24mins of Le Mans becasue everyone started on wets and pitted after one lap ^^

The Veyron wasn't terribly tough for me on the DS3. You just need to change up your driving style. Your main focus with such a heavy and powerful car is trying to get it rotated quickly before rocketing away with all of its power. You don't need to brake as early as the driving line suggests. This car has incredibly powerful brakes. Late apexes help out with this car's characteristics of maximizing the amount of time on the go-fast pedal.

The GT40 at Nurb for the S Missions is tough, mainly because keeping that monster going in a straight line is no easy feat. But if you can nail most of the apexes properly and avoid the curbs, you can easily finish with 30 seconds to spare. The hardest part is getting past the Ford GT at the end because it just walks past you on the long straight. Sticking close on the ending S corners will help. You can pass it on the outside by abusing how the AI just slows down when you get close. Remember you're allowed to veer into the grass on this mission, too, so don't be afraid of accidentally running a bit wide.

I use Sensitivity 7 and TCS 1 on the GT40, TCS off on the veyron, and ABS 1. I used DS3 to gold them. You can do it! 👍

Just tried the 24 mins of Le Mans in the Rocket. Finished 10th but I think it was poor gearing on my part. Going to try pitting at lap 2 for Racing Medium (eats the softs a little quickly) and with the one splash of fuel it will easily make the end. Hopefully, closer to the top 5 but we'll see. Enjoying the challenge using it. In the draft the Rocket can out do the LMP's easily but then again, that may have been my gearingso hopefully I don't lose that overall.

Lol, just tried this one with the rocket fully tuned, racing soft all the way without pitting ...... was 2nd on last lap at the Porsche S when I ran out of gas !!!! finished 5th

The 15 lap challenge on Brands Hatch is pretty cool. Do it with a HSV-010 so you can be evenly matched with the other Super GT cars. There will be rain in the race, but racing tires should get you through. No need for rain tires. You will need to pit stop once because of tires and fuel. Make sure to do them both at the same time. This is a great way to get the "by the skin of your teeth" achievement. Lower the recommended fuel load by 2 liters and you'll cross the line with under 1% of your fuel.
Interesting! Thanks for that tip. I love the HSV!

I've done the Willowsprings, Brands Hatch, and Nurburgring one so far. All surprisingly easy once you understand how to do it.

Which is: I use the FXX, I assume other cars would work the same. I keep it usually under 6000 RPM and I am very gentle with the throttle and usually never more than half throttle. You just need to cruise around the track.

Willow I used Sport: Hards (I think?) Brands I used Racing: Hards and Nurburgring I used Racing Intermediates. I did both Willow and Brands without pitting. Nurburgring went for about 3 laps, which I pitted for Fuel but probably could have gone entire thing on one tank.

The AI pits fairly often which is why the trick is just to not pit as much or at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? I managed to shave about 10 seconds from gold, but 30 is really something. I'm suprprised that AI keeps up until the end.

In career mode the AI is a quitter. You always get down to the last few laps and by some magic you're closer than you ever thought you could be. lap 1-3 18 sec, 18 sec, 18 sec, then lap four its 7 seconds.

Well, he's talking about specific mission in S class. It's one lap around nordschleife against one AI car. In all my attempts he was always able to catch up on straights.

Yeah, I've given up on that one until I can do it with a wheel.

The best car to use is the rocket for every race but le mans and Spa for those races use the R18 TDI and you will have easy wins

Was using the Rocket in Silverstone today, and god as my witness that McLaren F1 is wickedly quick. The S's along the back it blast through them! By the time I was second that damn thing was 30 seconds ahead and I couldn't gain any ground on it at all.

Throughout the S races, I never had to change to intermediate or wet tires. Racing slicks were fine even with 100% rain on the Nurburgring at night.

Just did the spa 24 minutes with the stock r18 tdi anniv, i started on inters and did a pitstop halfway through and switched to racing hard. Tires isnt the problem in this race just keep an eye on your fuel.

Did the 24 minutes lemans after that but the r18 tdi anniv couldnt keep up with the rest of the cars and i got 14th, so i put an high rpm turbo and set the topspeed to 440km. The car was a lot harder to drive and the fuel consumption got up. I did my first fuel stop just before getting to the red line and put 96l in, then the track got dryer and i had to make an extra pitstop for tires and fuel for the last lap. I put 25l in the car and just made it to the finish.

I think these races are on of the most fun in the game as it adds some strategy to the game, and its cool to see the pitcrews rush out of the pit boxes when youre entering he pitlane.

I did every race with the rocket, the 650 PP races are a joke, and the 750 you win based on fuel mileage.

For spa you just don't pit, i ran out of gas coming out of the last chicane onto the pit straight(still won), but I'm sure you could drive more economically.

For Le mans, i had to pit with 1 lap to go, but even then the other cars pitted 2-3 times throughout the race, so i won by over 30 seconds.

In the faster races the rocket will get destroyed on the straights but the cornering speed/handling combined with less pit stops makes it a winner.

To echo what everyone else is saying, you never need to change to inters, it might be faster but its just not needed, you might slide off the track or spin your tires a few times but you will manage.

Last edited:
So for the 750PP races I used the Peugeot 908. It's a very stable, easy to handle car that will get the job done without any tuning.

For 650PP race cars, I use the Delta Wing because that amount of grip is stupidly insane.

For the normal cars, I use the LCC Rocket. Same as above.

Only got Silverstone and Le Mans left, been using the X-Bow R on Sport Soft tyres for the 'normal cars' and the HSV-010 on Racing Hard tyres for most of the 650pp race cars. I used the SLS GT3 at the Nurburgring though, pitted twice and did the second lap in inters. Any of the others I've been using an R18, Spa was really easy because the AI pitted like 4 times.

I've just done Brands Hatch 15-lap race, and to my exitement, the X2014 junior is amazing. Its not fast, but in the corners its above the pack, and it's amazing on fuel economy and tires! I never had to pit, and tires were 7 at the front/8 at the back, with a quarter fuel left when I crossed the line. That also gave me over a minute lead, since the AI had to pit twice, once for regular tires, and then 2 laps later since it starts raining (the rain stopped right after as well).

In the Silverstone race I have noticed that the White Fina livery Mclaren F1 GTR running RS tires shows up a lot at the front of the pack and is quite a lot faster than the other cars I have saw in the race thus far beating the other F1 by as much as 30 seconds. I tried this race a few times and that F1 is difficult if you do not know the track well and have a reasonably strong car. I tried it a few times with that car on the pole, almost won once on RS tires but I did not notice how far gone they were and lost the rear coming out of the last corner then the F1 passed and I finished 2nd.
I finally went to my garage and grabbed the Mercedes CLK GTR which needed detuned a bit to qualify entered that on RS tires and the Fina F1 did not show, won the race easily but not sure I would have won had the Fina car showed up. I did pit one time extra in the CLK tires were wearing pretty thin with 2 laps to go but I had a 17 second lead so I ducked in for fresh tires and won by 18 seconds

The only other race I lost in S was Lemans and that was mostly due to the headlights not working on the R18 AE I used. Hard to keep that thing on the road when you can't see the road. Won it easily with the R8 the next time around

Another thing to note for those who are not aware RS tires seem to do better in the rain than Wet tires and do not wear much when the road is good and wet.

Just ran Apricot Hill 20 minute challenge in the HSV bone dry by 8 laps pitted while in the lead around eight and a half minutes into the race, fell to 6th coming out of the pits. The McLaren F1 pitted the next lap, worked my back to first, the McLaren fell 26 seconds behind, put it into half throttle the remaining laps of race about 15 seconds slower than my fastest lap of 1:16. The thing I notest was the McLaren was still over 20 seconds behind me in the end.

Hoping the tire wear & fuel consumption isn't indicative of what we will see in the future endurance events.
Had to fill the tank after 20 miles racing, something like 2.4 mpg.

Back