S.N.A.I.L. Oval racing series---one off event

• Thread starter JLBowler
  • 351 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scroll down this page to get to information about the Memorial Day Weekend special event.

Last edited:
I like the new format!!! Twice the experience in one action packed night. :)

What's the picks for tomorrow? I'd say start fresh with you picking both cars and we go to the winner pick format after that?

Due to the short notice tonight and break in required, we will just play it by ear tonight for the cars and tracks. We will probably split the tracks tonight so we can run two this week and two the next and then jump back in to points racing the first week in September.

I won't be able to make it tonight. I will post a couple of cars to run next week so everyone has a chance to break them in and be ready to go.

Thread revived.

SNAIL will be hosting a one time oval event on Sunday May 25. This event is open to anyone who wants to show up and have fun.

The track will be Motegi Superspeedway and the car will be announced just prior to race time.

The start time will be based on the number of participants but will be no later than the normal SNAIL start time of 9:30 pmEastern / 6:30 pm Pacific time.

The format will mimic a short track Saturday night race program. There will be a random draw for which heat race you will run. Drivers will transfer out of the heat race into a main event. This event will need to have more than 16 participants to be worth doing. There will be multiple heat races and multiple main events leading up to an "A" main event that will crown the champion for the night.

The specific format with laps and number of races will be announced once the number of drivers is set. If you are interested in racing, please post here and I will add to the list as drivers sign up. Registration will close for this event at 11:59 pm on Saturday May 24.

Driver's List

1. JLBowler
2. TEX36
3. KTR5
4. dabneyd
5. DeltawingR18
6. mopar440
7. wvhellbilly
8. martin20az
9. Severn

Last edited:
Sounds like a good event - I'm very interested.
Please add my name to the list of Entrants.

Thread revived.

SNAIL will be hosting a one time oval event on Sunday May 25. This event is open to anyone who wants to show up and have fun.

The track will be Motegi Superspeedway and the car will be announced just prior to race time.

The start time will be based on the number of participants but will be no later than the normal SNAIL start time of 9:30 pmEastern / 6:30 pm Pacific time.

The format will mimic a short track Saturday night race program. There will be a random draw for which heat race you will run. Drivers will transfer out of the heat race into a main event. This event will need to have more than 16 participants to be worth doing. There will be multiple heat races and multiple main events leading up to an "A" main event that will crown the champion for the night.

The specific format with laps and number of races will be announced once the number of drivers is set. If you are interested in racing, please post here and I will add to the list as drivers sign up. Registration will close for this event at 11:59 pm on Saturday May 24.

Driver's List

1. JLBowler
2. TEX36

Also interested. Might be away at my father-in-law, but at this point I don't think we will be. I'll update further when I know.

Also interested. Might be away at my father-in-law, but at this point I don't think we will be. I'll update further when I know.

I will go ahead and add you to the list. If you can't make it, I can always remove.

Put my name down, I'll run almost anything on an oval.

Just for an idea, what types of cars are typically run? Or is it just random?

EDIT: Looked at first post, and assuming more of the same. You can count me in.

Just for an idea, what types of cars are typically run? Or is it just random?

EDIT: Looked at first post, and assuming more of the same. You can count me in.

This isn't a series yet. I'm waiting for the promised track creator then it will become a series. This will be run one time and the car announced just before the racing. It will be an easy car to jump in and run though.

This isn't a series yet. I'm waiting for the promised track creator then it will become a series. This will be run one time and the car announced just before the racing. It will be an easy car to jump in and run though.
Yeah, I was more just wondering what it is you *used* to run to have an idea of what cars had the potential to be chosen. (Basically, I was wondering if this was about to be a NASCAR event :lol:)

We ran NASCAR once but it always focused more on the production cars. I can assure you that the car for this Sunday will be a production car of some sort.

@Wardez Would it be possible to have this thread locked. I couldn't get it to show at the top of the list when new posts were made so I created another one that will be used going forward as this series is revived from the dead.

Edit: I just figured out why I couldn't find it. It was still in the GT5 section. The new thread is in the GT6 section and I would like to use that one going forward.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back