S.N.A.I.L. Oval racing series---one off event

• Thread starter JLBowler
  • 351 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
If no one is against it. I'd love to go with the Camaro LM from the OCD. Car can be painted. Woot

So of no objections lets do an International Race Of Champions aka IROC race!

It's that time to turn left!

Grab your Camaro LM and lets wind them up!

100 laps at Motegi SS!!! Hurry in. Race start at 10 after

Edit:
That was a lot of fun!!! Thank you all for showing up.

Grab the S2000 LM from the OCD next week we will run Daytona with it.

Last edited:
Great racing at Daytona. Ending up messing up at lap 98 Xrad almost getting up to the pack near end of race, had fun though.

It was a very interesting race!

I like the longer races. Maybe Bowler will adopt the 60+ min races we been doing. Do 5 min qualifying to set grid and 60 solid minutes of racing!!! Their simply awesome.

PLEASE READ:
Thinking we should try the
RX7 LM from the OCD @ Indy Oval next week

Whatcha guys think?

Cars says 196mph top speed. So hopefully it won't hit limiter.

Little obsessed with this car, collected these colors so far:
D28E8476-DA24-4B9F-9E91-12E2E66226AC-8472-0000052C2F8D8AA5_zps3aeed742.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to get involved, please let me know if I can join.

Regards, Jamie

We run in Division 2 room. Be sure to send a friend request to it and one of head cheeses will get you approved. :)

Are we running the mazda RX7 at indy tonight or running the formula F10 car?

Mazda RX7 LM on Racing Hards is the plan!

Will allow the RX8 LM if you don't have a RX7 LM. Prefer we all use the RX7 though. RX8 has less top speed.

10 minute Qulaifier and 60+min race. Tire and Fuel wear be on Fast! ;)

Laps- 70
Fuel burning around 3.8l per lap WOT alone. So 266l maximum will be used. Burns roughly a full tank every 28-30 laps and about same on tires.

RX7 - Top Speed 190mph @ rev limiter (186mph on Indy straight no draft)

RX8 - Top Speed 184mph @ rev limiter (so this will be extremely handicapped use if you like)

RX7 TC Top Speed 184mph @ Rev limiter (this is a little faster but will be destroyed in the draft)

DO NOT TRUST THE RECOMMENDED FUEL AMOUNT!!!

Last edited:
This week I figured we would bring the NASCAR's to Indianapolis and do a Brickyard tribute race.

Brickyard 200 (80 laps)

Use "Fast" tire and fuel for added excitement?

We will want to do some testing cause the recommended fuel is not correct or even remotely correct!

Anyone in for that idea?

What do you guys think for this week?

Daytona with 88 Iroc Z?

Motegi with GT by Citroen Race Car?

3/8 Oval with small slow cars?

I have an idea for some changes to the format and method of car selection but it will take some testing from multiple drivers to see if it's going to work. I'm working on some details to get it off the ground. Once I have that finished, I will post it here and we can go from there.

A big thank you to OwensRacing for keeping this going while I worked some things out.

I have an idea for some changes to the format and method of car selection but it will take some testing from multiple drivers to see if it's going to work. I'm working on some details to get it off the ground. Once I have that finished, I will post it here and we can go from there.

A big thank you to OwensRacing for keeping this going while I worked some things out.

Looking forward to seeing what you got cooking.

What do you guys think for this week?

Daytona with 88 Iroc Z?

Motegi with GT by Citroen Race Car?

3/8 Oval with small slow cars?

Lets do a IROC Race:

International Race Of Champions-
Daytona with the '88 Iroc Z

Race Hards?
Check lap times but will be a 60-70 minute race.

The Iroc was fun. Only 4 of us so we did 40 laps.

Afterwards Martin and I brought out fully built Iroc's on Racing Hards. Talk about a fun car.

I'd like to do a true International Race Of Champions series. Use the fully built Iroc on RH tires. Do Daytona, Indy, and Motegi Ovals.

Maybe hold a Saturday afternoon 1pm EST Event where we do three 1hr races at those tracks.

Any interest in that? If we can get 10+ committed I will make it happen. Heck, I will even make something from 6061 Billet Alloy to give out to the Overall 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. As well a 10 dollar PSN Card for the Winner.

Do medals like this:
e8e2f3ea.jpg

I am interested. Which upgrades were installed to the fully built iroc or will we be using stock iroc car for the saturday race?

I might be there. I'll let you know before Friday.

There is nothing planned for tonight. If anyone wants to jump on at 8pm, I have some ideas I'd like to run by some folks and get some feedback. I'll hop in the D2 lobby at race time and will be open to suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back