• 260 comments
MONSTAR-1 / GTP_MONSTAR
----------------------------------------------------------------------
OK THE SEMI FIANLS WILL BE:
IISYLDWAYZII vs STAVINGO
MONSTERGAUZ vs PS3DAN101
PLEASE HAVE YOUR BATTLES DONE BEFORE THE 20-6-11

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so i thought id try and start a one make drift tournament with the S13. It seems almost everyone has one of these sitting in their garage thats been thrashed to death. It's actually one of the best cars for drifting in GT5.So this will be a tournament dedicated to the S13.

Entry requirements.
S13-duh.
HP + mods unlimited.
Tyres Comfort Hard only.
All asist off except ABS.

How the tournament will operate.

*The first 32 entrants will only take part.
*If we dont get 32, then it will be the first 16.
*Everyone who dosnt get in can apply for then next tournament.
(Providing there's enough interest in this one)

Pairing:
EDIT
*Ive changing how everyone will be paired as we are now only have 16 people in the tournament.
*There will no longer be groups.
*1st will battle 16th
*2nd will battle 15th
*3rd will battle 14th
*4th will battle 13th
*5th will battle 12th
*6th will battle 11th
*7th will battle 10th
*8th will battle 9th

Judging
*You can get anyone you want to judge your battle as long as both drifters are happy with the chosen judge/judges. Judge/judges must not be biased towards any drifter. This must be stressed to the chosen judge/judges. *Judges should also read these rules listed below

Rules
*You have 1 week to get your battle run and won.
*Each entrant is to organize their own battle with their opponent. You have 1 week to do your battle and submit the result in this thread or by PM to me.
*If an entrant dosnt show up to a battle or contact their opponent within the week then they will be disqualified.
*If both entrants dont battle within the week period then both will be disqualified from the tournament and the entrant thats is supposed to battle the winner will have a automatic bye/win for the next round.
*There will be 2 runs
*Both entrants will take turns in leading. If a sudden death round has to be ran, then entrants will rerun both runs until battle is won.
*If you spin, straighten up while drifting a corner, hit your opponent hard enough that makes them stop drifting or alters their line, or have all 4 wheels off track, then this will be considered a loss of that run.
*Contact is ok but anything other than a few taps and rubs is a loss. *Rubbing is racing!
*If both entrants go off at same time with no contact at the exact same corner then that run is a loss to both. The result will be determined on the second and final run. If thats a draw then it goes to sudden death.
*If an entrant spins off and the other entrant spins off on the next or remaining corners, then the entrant that spun off 1st will lose that run.
*Overtaking your opponent is classed as a win, as long as you dont hit or knock you opponent off line. If they re-overtake you back in the same run then that run will be considered a draw.
*Fast clean lines and hitting or close as possible to the apexes is considered a clean run. The cleanest run out of the 2 entrants should determine the winner.

*No abusing other opponents in the outcome of a battle

Protest of result.
*If you chose to protest the result i will personally decide the winner of the battle after i speak to both parties involved and view the replay.
Anyone who has a protest should save their replay with a capture card, phone camera or video camera and upload to youtube and then send to me via a PM or post it in this thread. If you dont do this then i cant decide if you have been unfairly treated and your protest will fall on deaf ears.
SAVE YOUR REPLAY!

If i have left anything out please tell me and ill edit this post

If you enter this tournament please try to find time for your battles. You have a week to do it so there should be no excuses. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
Entrants will be placed in this post as they sign up.

MONSTAR-1
Knight Spirit
ps3dan101
Stavingo
The86d
BEAST260Z
doaskid
Gonales
IISLYDWAYZII
Dav11
MrDinosaw94
ben_4224.
Alvin23a.
DriifterzZ
monsterGAUZ
jimy281090

Good luck everyone

OK all the spots are filled. Welcome to everyone who is taking part 👍

YOU HAVE UNTIL JUNE THE 6TH TO GET YOUR BATTLES RUN AND WON AND SUBMIT THE RESULTS. IF RESULTS ARE NOT POST ON OR BEFORE THIS DAY THEN BOTH WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM THE TOURNAMENT OR THE DRIFTER WHO DOESN'T SHOW UP FOR THE SAID BATTLE. FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN JUDGE YOU. IT CAN BE ANYONE WITH RESPECTABLE KNOWLEDGE OF DRIFTING OR SOMEONE FROM THIS TOURNAMENT.

THE TRACK WILL BE SUZUKA EAST

JUDGE ADDED.
IF ANYONE NEEDS A JUDGE THEN CONTACT HMSMotorsport. HE HAS OFFERED TO DO JUDGING FOR ANYONE THAT NEEDS ONE. HE IS FROM TEAM D-MAX.

PRIZES
DAV11 Has offered a random drift car and 5 random paints to the winner.

GTP_S13_champ.png

Last edited:
put me down
Blue s13, do we need exact colour? and do we need to tell you what colour wheels?

I'm up if times allow it, and connections do. Already see 3 names where there are connection issues.

Hi Gonales
Yeah connection may be an issue but we will just have to do best we can and hope for no lag.

Man, what a great group I'm in, only up against a good teammate and GTP's best girl drifter......

Hahah Yeah i was thinking the same thing when i edited the OP. It could be the group of death

Sign me up monstar, what day will this run on??

Done.

When all spots are filled, which should hopefully be within a week then ill post up the bracket. The best thing about it is that you have a week to do your battle. Just have to make a time with your opponent.

Wow, pure luck isn't it, I'm gonna get smashed first round and you guys are just gonna drive it out :lol:

Come on stav, where's the confidence
Haha yer beast, was close last time so should be good, going to practice in a s13 now, hasn't gotten usage for a few months

Lookin' good monstar! I personally don't like the S13 too much (I prefer more power) but I'll join anyway as I believe this will be a very well organized & fun tournament :).

0.o before I forget, what's the go with battle recording? Are you gonna organize some kind of recording system and post the videos on the thread or just have it live viewing only? I only ask because I know some sick drifting is gonna come from this and I want to see it all :lol:

Your in

About the recording. It would be great if everyone uploaded their replays, but i doubt it will happen. Ill upload all mine (if i make it past the 1st round that is lol)

People will be holding their battles at times that suit them so it would be very hard to see them all live.

I would enter, but I don't see a fair tournament as one where the creator and organizer competes in it. 👎 👎

Back