s13 v s15

• Thread starter Anes
  • 37 comments

Anes

(Banned)
AnesthesiaXVII
What are your thoughts here? s13 Silvia or s15?

Both are premium and are in the Nissan dealership for those interested :dopey:

Note, It's late and I meant s15 :lol: Thread title changed...

Last edited:
Yep, both are good, but the S15 has an RM, wich looks like a horny drift car to be honoust. Mine is RM (s15) and is painted in yellow with orange rims and a nice livery...

S13 doesnt have a RM?

I can only speak for Forza3 but definatly the S13. The engine in the S15 has too much turbo lagg and either boggs down or over-revs. I like cars with engines that deliver the power smoothly.. Like rotors! ;)

I can only speak for Forza3 but definatly the S13. The engine in the S15 has too much turbo lagg and either boggs down or over-revs. I like cars with engines that deliver the power smoothly.. Like rotors! ;)

Well, i bought a low range turbo for it, neutrals out all lag, you can go for a mid or high end aswell, but the lower end combined with engine stage 1 etc is perfect!

I own both tuned to about the same level, the s13 is better in my opinion , you can get the weight down to around 970kg which makes it incredibly easy to throw around, and getting about 380bhp out of the engine when fully tuned means you get around that figure in horsepower per tonne. I like the s13 as its very chuckable and extremely light , however the s15 feels abit more robust , the s15 is probably an easier car but the s13 is awesome when you have the experience.

S15 has always been my least liked Silvia by far. The S13 is where it's at for drifting, you can tell just by the body shape that it likes to be sideway :P

The S15 has more power but it's also more finicky to drift, the S13 will be a bit more stable and beginner friendly...I've always had trouble easing the S15 into nice long drifts because it feels so snappy, the S13 will just slide out through the last corner of Tsukuba on its own almost

I like all Silvias but as far as excitement factor goes, I prefer the S13. Drop the weight down to under 1000kg and put 350hp in it and you can throw it in anywhere. Amazing fun.

Just changed the turbo in my s13 to a mid range kit from the high range kit, what a difference ! The mid range gets the power alot earlier and can still hold a huge drift , the large turbo was good but there was some lag in the slower corners where as now u can stay in a higher gear and still have bucket loads of power ;)

I picked up the S15 a few days ago and got it fully tuned with RM this morning. I like it so far but I haven't settle on the suspension setup yet. But from what I'm reading here it might be a good idea to get the S13 too.

Which s13 is the premium one? I have not achieved it yet, i have the slow ca18 powered one =/

But still sliding it. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The "Dia Selection." Honestly not sure what that means.

It's probably got the CA18, as far as I know the SR20 was only on the US model, that's why it was the 240SX in America and the 180SX in Japan.

It's probably got the CA18, as far as I know the SR20 was only on the US model, that's why it was the 240SX in America and the 180SX in Japan.

Dia Selection has the CA18 in it. US model came standard with the KA24 and the EU/JP versions got the SR20 which is where the nomenclature came from (180sx, 200sx, 240sx.. also we can expand to 300Z, 350Z and 370Z [3.0, 3.5, 3.7l engines respectively]). Of course, 180sx's came with the CA18 (as well as Silvias in the late 80s) and then the SR20 was introduced in the K's and eventually found it's way into 180s

Lol US got the KA24DE which wasn't turbo. Silvias and 200SX got SR20 but the US never got the turbo SR20 in anything and no SR in an S chassis car

The premium S13 sucks terribly. A lot of turbo and not a lot of motor (no matter what size turbo)

Other S13s in the used dealerships will normally do the trick. But s13>s15

S13 is definitely a easier car to begin with. Amazingly easy to drift with 300 or more horsepower.

My setup of the premium S13 is fairly simple, but it will cost some money. Got mine to ~350hp, weight is fully stripped. I run the stock transmission but upgraded clutch, flywheel and driveshaft. The car does come standard with comfort softs, but I opted for the sports hards to provide more grip and a little more control. From there, tune the camber slightly (mines -1.9 in the front, -0.8 in the rear) and I can just throw it into corners on technical tracks like Tsukuba.

May take some practice but it is a fun car when you start driving like you don't care about it. Hope this might help people out who are having issues with the lower HP.

I have mine running a similar setup to yours , i find the custom diff really helps the transitions , i have 5.0 camber at the front it makes it flick quickly ;)

I've ditched both my silvia's for a 350z Fairlady. I highly recommend this car with about 400bhp and confort hard tyres.

I have mine running a similar setup to yours , i find the custom diff really helps the transitions , i have 5.0 camber at the front it makes it flick quickly ;)

Is -5.0 the maximum negative camber you can run? Ive seen some pictures of absolutely ridiculous camber on cars, and there isn't an option to tune caster, so.....

s13 is fun, I wish they had a premium 180sx type x, asides having an sr, it is awesome lol, but soft comfort and 340 ish hp, is all i need to have fun w/ the s13 :drool:

I picked up the S15 a few days ago and got it fully tuned with RM this morning. I like it so far but I haven't settle on the suspension setup yet. But from what I'm reading here it might be a good idea to get the S13 too.

Mine is sitting on 10.3 in the front and 13.5 in the rear, brake balance is 1 in the front, 8 in the rear. Abs = off, downforce on lowest settings, gearing on 290 to get optimum 2nd and 3th, and some stage 1 tuning with lowrange turbokit.👍

I just found that the Varietta Remains in the lineup, NA S15 goodness ;) Now I wonder if there is an option to have the top down xD

i drift my s15 if i'm taking it seriously for a competition or something but the s13 was one of my first drift cars and i love it dearly. one problem is that i like to have around 400hp if not a little bit over for drift, and the s13 maxes out at ~370hp.. 30 horsepower isn't a huge difference in handling if you have traction but when you are sideways i find it can make a siginificant difference. thats the main reason why i like the s15 for competition, its got 405hp with the potential for more if i wanted to max it out. i also find that the s13 has much more front end traction. this isn't exactly a problem, a benefit more like, but when i'm mid-slide and i'm countersteering then i find that the front end gets too straight and i have to turn into the drift or boost the throttle again to maintain an angle. i could probably use less toe-out in the front, but the toe out gives the front end that "dive" into the corner entry. i think i will go mess with some settings this afternoon.

the setups are really what your accustom drifting too. I have my S13 setup at 3.3 front and 1.4 rear.... give a little more control and limiter sounds like sex.
i tried the S15 but for some reason i think they could've a better job with the car. i like my silvias to look as stock as possible with some nice rims and wicked camber. But for some reason the stock chassis has the wheel stuffed under the fender :(

i only use the s13 when i want to look good on the track and have the same feeling as osaka or ebisu

Not to go off topic on this but what about S14? I love mine for some reason more than the s15. Also thanks for that turbo tip because I needed that. One other thing, You want to talk Turbo Lag try the 240sx, the CA sounds and acts more like a V8, strong top end but low end power sucks! Glad I found a Q Silvia 96 model, now I gotta rebuild the engine, has over 40,000km on the engine!

Annoyingly there two of my favourite cars IRL but I hate the handling in the game. I did, however, learn to drift in a RM'd S15 but soon grew out of it because its too easy to drift if that makes sence?

DriifterzZ
Annoyingly there two of my favourite cars IRL but I hate the handling in the game. I did, however, learn to drift in a RM'd S15 but soon grew out of it because its too easy to drift if that makes sence?

Like its time for a change?

Back