S2000 Online Race Video (wt commentary)

  • Thread starter Thread starter BreakerOhio
  • 35 comments
  • 2,925 views
Messages
1,794
Messages
BreakerOhio
- A good intense Online Race on Suzuka Circuit.
3 Laps.

Amuse S2000 GT1 battle.




You can see at the chicane leading up to the finish line, the collision algorithm turned him into a ghost car when we were side by side battling it through the chicane. I don't recall any harsh bumping at that point, so I think it's the collision physics to allow you to drive at your pace still and not intentionally ruin another drivers line...though that was pretty cool.

Then while coming down the straight away to the finish, the collision physics were back on for some door to door rubbing down the straight to the finish.

Overall a good clean online racing experience.
 
Good clean race, Breaker!

I look forward to racing with you. Anything is better than racing with all the punters.



;)
 
Very good!

It actually had me on the edge of my seat just watching .

Well done. 👍
 
man that was some very great racing the best online race i ever saw good stuff man:sly:
 
Wicked race and excellent commentary mate 👍 .... Enjoyed that :cheers:
 
Nice race. Were you talking as you were driving or did you put it on afterwards? I intensely concentrate when I'm racing, always annoys people when they talk to me and I don't hear them at all, lol.

Does heel toe-ing actually make a difference if you do it in game? I'm still between a G25 and DFPGT but I think I'd go for the G25 if it'd help me learn heel toe downshifting since I only get to drive the family car oncea month (if that).
 
Lol at first I was laughing at the fact you were commentating but near the end it got exciting :P 2 cameras would have been nice though with one righ ton the screen so you can see better.
 
I agree, nice race and commentary! I wish I had a setup like yours but I'll have to make do with just a Dualshock 3 =)
 
Nice race. Were you talking as you were driving or did you put it on afterwards? I intensely concentrate when I'm racing, always annoys people when they talk to me and I don't hear them at all, lol.

I did the commentary during game play.

Does heel toe-ing actually make a difference if you do it in game? I'm still between a G25 and DFPGT but I think I'd go for the G25 if it'd help me learn heel toe downshifting since I only get to drive the family car oncea month (if that).

I heel-toe because the clutch is enabled. I think it makes a difference. When clutch is enabled, you don't get auto rev matching when downshifting like you would from sequential shifting mode. It's a bit more involving, but worth the extra effort to drive with clutch enabled.
 
Great driving, Great video, I never find myself in those positions, although I try... I don't race online enough :( I'll be online allot anymore... Again, Great driving... You both were very very close the whole race...

Where was everyone else in the race? 12 car pack correct? (not in PP700's just yet)
 
When clutch is used,are physics different than without?
 
Most excellent. Look forward to racing you when I get my NTSC version.
 
Where was everyone else in the race? 12 car pack correct? (not in PP700's just yet)

The online 700pp Pro race event does supports up to 12, but 12 people were not matched when I did the recording. It's unknown if the match up will be 12 or sometimes 2. From my experience, usually the online match averages 8 racers for this event.

It was just us two out front. In the back was one Lotus Elise. He seemed to have left for awhile and then decided to join on the final lap, but his presence on the final lap didn't affect us. He became a ghost car when he decided to join in on the race on the final lap.


When clutch is used,are physics different than without?

Physics don't change when clutch is enabled.
 
Very good!

It actually had me on the edge of my seat just watching.

+1 :)👍

Great clean race with 2 guys who know what they're doing. Very cool stuff right there.
 
I heel-toe because the clutch is enabled. I think it makes a difference. When clutch is enabled, you don't get auto rev matching when downshifting like you would from sequential shifting mode. It's a bit more involving, but worth the extra effort to drive with clutch enabled.

Cheers for the reply :)

I really fancy a G25 but I think I may have to wait a while until I run into money. Probably definately go for the G25 instead of the DFGT with what you've said in mind though.

I guess for the next few months I shall have to live with the GT3 wheel and no clutch though, bah.
 
Great video and more importantly, great driving from both of you.

I wish I met more drivers like you online, there was no pushing or bumping, just clean racing and both drivers showed great respect.

+1.
 
Good driving, great race and great commentary

I have two thoughts about your video, though. I find it interesting you race with your shoes on, I find that racing in my socks gives me much better pedal feel. Also I think you should think about using a single gear through the esses and spoon curve so you don't have to drive with one hand as much, although I shouldn't talk as I use the paddle shifters...
 
Good driving, great race and great commentary

I have two thoughts about your video, though. I find it interesting you race with your shoes on, I find that racing in my socks gives me much better pedal feel. Also I think you should think about using a single gear through the esses and spoon curve so you don't have to drive with one hand as much, although I shouldn't talk as I use the paddle shifters...

When I played with the DFP I used to take my shoes off and play with my socks, for the same reason. The G25 pedals are stronger and do fine with shoes, and I think viewers would prefer to see shoes in replays rather than socks. :)


I do use a single gear through the eeses and the spoon curve. I drove with my hand on the shifter through that part out of habit. It's a manual transmission habit. I was holding the shifter in anticipation of shifting in case of any emergency maneuvers. I didn't realize I had one hand on the wheel that long. :)
 
👍

I hope you make more videos
 
Yeah, That too! I'm definatly waiting for more!
 
hey lad, wats the dudes psn name? it be great to keep a good library of clean racers :)
 
That was good man. You are a wonderful racer. Have you ever considered using your left and right foot to play? Left to brake and right to gas? Should help your transitions in the corners.
 
Was there contact there when you overtook him on the inside at the hairpin?

Edit: Had sound off. Ok clean pass. Was there a bump at the very last corner? It looked like he was going to win it.
 
Nice clean racing. Good job and thanks for posting the video.

Do you like your seat setup?

I need to get a racing seat because the card table I am using in the living room is sorta wobbly compared to my computer desk.


(BTW...the reward for the win is $50,000 if the host doesn't disconnect one he figures he has lost. :ouch:)
 
such a clean race breaker, I'm looking forward racing with you sometimes in a pp700 race with the Amuse s2000 because it's my favorite car too. But it must have been a heck of a job concentrating on the race while speaking. On TV when a moderator of game show is gaming while talking he always completely messes up everything and I can imagine that it must be really difficult to do both things at the same time.
 
Back