Safety cars - whats the point?

• Thread starter CustomX
  • 70 comments
Germany
Germany
I don't quite understand why I should want the various safety cars. A lot look similar to the road cars just with a light on top. Are they special in some way? I'm not interested in collecting every car in the game just for the sake of having them in my virtual collection. I only want cars that I'm going to want to drive.

Then simply don't buy the safety cars if you don't want to drive them...

One reason why some poeple like them is that you can simply make police cars out of them in the livery creator. since they already have the toplights...and sometimes thete are lobbys where people play "regular traffic" and if someone drives to fast, the guys with the police cars come and try to catch them...

Just duplicates to add to the car number count so it may seem impressive that the game has X number of cars.

And yes, they serve no purpose. Just buy the regular car which doesn't have those ugly lights on the roof.

EDIT: They are good for 9 year old kids to make police liveries... 😂 Because, why the **** not right!?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well not very different from the times (GT5 and GT&) you had about 30 Mazda Miata/Roadster/MX-5 that where in fact 10 different versions, each one of them in triple dosage Miata, Roadster and MX-5, just with minor cosmetic details related with the domestic market they refer to.

Just duplicates to add to the car number count so it may seem impressive that the game has X number of cars.

And yes, they serve no purpose. Just buy the regular car which doesn't have those ugly lights on the roof.

EDIT: They are good for 9 year old kids to make police liveries... 😂 Because, why the **** not right!?
Since you can drive them in races they serve exactly the same purpose as any other car in this game...

Last edited by a moderator:
Woop Woop!

Flashing Lights Police GIF by Alex Sheyn

There's something quite childishly fun driving about in a safety car. I won the AMG GT one from a roulette ticket (lucky me, I know) and it was a riot watching the replay of me whizzing about. Performance wise it's the same as the stock AMG GT, but now I don't need to buy one as I have one - just a bit flashier (pun most definitely intended).

It's also harking back to the original R34 GTR Safety Car that was a prize car in multiple previous GTs

Then simply don't buy the safety cars if you don't want to drive them...

One reason why some poeple like them is that you can simply make police cars out of them in the livery creator. since they already have the toplights...and sometimes thete are lobbys where people play "regular traffic" and if someone drives to fast, the guys with the police cars come and try to catch them...

Ugh who even creates those lobbies...

These safety cars are my younger years fantasy. Those matchboxes and Hot wheels look cooler when they look like police cars 😂. Having said that , I am gonna collect them all !

It's like when you were a kid standing in front of a fresh display of Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars. Sometimes you dared to buy the one with the lights on top and the police badges on the doors.

Except it’s not that simple. I received the Dodge Charger safety car from a daily ticket. I don’t really want it, but the game doesn’t allow discarding a car if you only own one instance of it.
Well then don't drive it...but complaining about a car that you get for free seems a little bit strange...just keep it in your garage and sell it once we get the update that allows us to sell cars...

Horses for courses.
For example, I have always loved the GT-R Pace Car (with lights), and I’m sure plenty of other players thought it was silly.

GT’s strength has always been its collection of cars, there’s something for everyone.

Last edited:
Well then don't drive it...but complaining about a car that you get for free seems a little bit strange...just keep it in your garage and sell it once we get the update that allows us to sell cars...
Did I say I’m driving it against my will? Nope. Did I complain about getting it? Not quite.

I pointed out it’s currently impossible to get rid of cars you don’t want to own in response to you saying that unwanted cars can be ignored.

Did I say I’m driving it against my will? Nope. Did I complain about getting it? Not quite.

I pointed out it’s currently impossible to get rid of cars you don’t want to own in response to you saying that unwanted cars can be ignored.
I still don't understand the problem...I have a also some cars in my garage that I don't want or need which I did get for free during the game and I have no problem at all ignoring them...

They serve no functional purpose as they were intended, no. They don't start races and they aren't used in races for safety car periods.

When GTS was first shown off they made it look like safety cars would be used properly, but it didn't happen then and still hasn't in GT7.

I still don't understand the problem...I have a also some cars in my garage that I don't want or need which I did get for free during the game and I have no problem at all ignoring them...
You said “simply don't buy the safety cars if you don't want to drive them...” in response to someone who said “I only want cars that I'm going to want to drive.”

Is shouldn’t be hard to understand why I then pointed out that not buying a car is simply not a guarantee against not having it. All there is to it.

Since you can drive them in races they serve exactly the same purpose as any other car in this game...
Considering they have the exact same stats (and probably a few restrictions) as the base models and are more expensive than the base models.

No... They don't really serve a purpose other than satisfying some people's wet dreams, occupying space and serve as a duplicate to add to the car count. But hey, at least it's only 5 or 6 safety cars and not 30 miatas or skylines. It's an improvement.

Considering they have the exact same stats (and probably a few restrictions) as the base models and are more expensive than the base models.

No... They don't really serve a purpose other than satisfying some people's wet dreams, occupying space and serve as a duplicate to add to the car count. But hey, at least it's only 5 or 6 safety cars and not 30 miatas or skylines. It's an improvement.
If people want to rather drive the safety car than the base model then they serve exactly this purpose...

Look buddy, I don't need them and i don't drive them either, but if other people like them, where is the problem ?

If people want to rather drive the safety car than the base model then they serve exactly this purpose...

Look buddy, I don't need them and i don't drive them either, but if other people like them, where is the problem ?
"If other people like to drive 30 exact same Mazda MX-5s with the only difference being inside and outside cosmetics, where is the problem?"

Checkmate.

"If other people like to drive 30 exact same Mazda MX-5s with the only difference being inside and outside cosmetics, where is the problem?"

Checkmate.
Not really, because those massive duplicates don't take much time to generate, and enable many people to drive their actual car. I would love to have my '94 Miata M-Edition in its proper Montego Blue Metallic rather than have to use a RHD, wrong year, wrong trim, without the torsen LSD, and wrong color, version.

Back