• Thread starter Ddrizle
  • 47 comments
o9r488.png

Developer: Volition
Publisher: Deep Silver
Platforms: PS4, X1, PS3, X360 & PC
Game Type: Open world, Action
Release Date: X1 & PS4: Jan. 27, 2015 Last Gen & PC: August 2013

In the next open-world installment of Saints Row, Deep Silver Volition continues the story of the Third Street Saints by elevating their status to the highest level – the leaders of the free world. In Saints Row IV, the head honcho of the Saints has been elected to the Presidency of the United States. But the Saints are just getting started. Now the larger-than-life insanity of the Saints series gets a new twist with a catastrophic alien invasion, and the aliens have transported the Saints to a bizarro-Steelport simulation. Wield gargantuan superpowers and fight to free humanity from alien granddaddy Zinyak's mental grasp. Escape the simulation that's trapped the Saints crew, or die trying.

Saints Row IV lets players delve into an arsenal of alien weaponry and technology that will turn each Saint into an ultimate entity of destruction. Utilize out-of-this-world superpowers to fight all the way to the top. With intensified action and enhanced customization, players can use their newfound superpowers and leap over buildings, outrun the fastest sports cars, or send enemies flying with telekinesis in the greatest, most insane installment of Saints Row yet.

5bvhb7.jpg

2ij0uhw.jpg

Last edited:
You know, this was actually a Saints Row 3 DLC at first but they took the concept and fleshed it out into a full game. I'm quite interested to see what they've done with it, but I do hope it's a proper full game and not just a sort of rehash of SR3 with some extra superpowers on top... Sounds like they've been doing their research, the superman mods for GTA IV and Just Cause 2 are generally the most popular, like the Iron Man mod (which does look like a lot of fun to be fair).

lol until I read all what you said and looked at the pictures it did seem a little unbelievable. But then I think back to saints row 3 and the crazy character upgrades and weapons and it seems possible now :lol:

The artwork for 4 looks pretty epic and bonkers 👍

I've only just started playing 3, graphics are pretty poor (jeez at times it looks like PS2) but it's a ton of fun.

After seeing this trailer I am bitterly disappointed with Volition and I will probably pick this up in a Bargain Bin sometime next year. It looks just like Saints Row: The Third with aliens and superpowers which means that this game was just rushed. How does a series go from about being gangsters trying to take over the city to a game where your fighting off aliens with the president? :yuck:

The release date is way too close the GTA V as well, whoever thought August was a good time to release this shouldn't be working in the gaming industry.

The graphics are bad (well, the graphics look just like SRTT's) it looks nothing like the Saints Row I know and love, and I'm sure the story will be half baked and the script will be full of groaners and awful puns, but I'd be lying to myself if I said that it doesn't look fun.

Saints Rows has become everything GTA failed to be. I can't wait for the next game, I just hope it's as zany and stupid as the last three.

Looks like Crackdown meets Prototype meets Saints Row 3. As much as I love the Saints Row series, I will pass on SR4. They already said that SR4 was originally supposed to be a SR3 DLC pack that was just too large. So basically anyone that purchased the season pass, just got ripped off. They could have had this DLC but instead, it was pushed to another game to make even more money.

While I did enjoy SR3, SR2 is still my favorite. They removed way too much from SR2 when they made SR3. Plus killing of Gat, Shaundi was no fun in SR3, no septic avenger, no demo derby, no fight club, and much more was removed. So I will probably just rent SR4. It wont be a purchase for me. Especially since GTA5 will be out a month later.

I don't think I ever had so much fun playing SR3,wasn't the greatest looking of games & pretty juvenile at times but I think thats what made it so appealing to me.It didn't take itself too seriously,looking forward to 4th installment.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to bump two old threads in one sitting so I'll post it here:

Saints Row 2, 3 and 4 are getting mod tools. On PC of course. This is a very big deal to many people (right?), the source is here and comes with a LANGUAGE WARNING:

http://idolninja.com/blog/?p=1944

It's not, they introduced the long awaited R18+ earlier this year and yet their classification board still bans a game, adults freaken made the game so now adults in a certain country can't play it, so stupid.

The main character looks almost exactly like my custom character in SR3. :lol:

I never really get the hype behind the Saints Row franchise. It just looks like an inferior GTA wannabe to me.

It is, they were still fun to play though. This time it looks like they have gone too far to the silly side for me though.

It is, they were still fun to play though. This time it looks like they have gone too far to the silly side for me though.

Hmm, I guess it's for a totally different audience then. This forth installment has aliens and superpowers and wtfs. :crazy:

Language Warning

"....and take our independence back from the anal-probing overlords that oppress us."

Good 'ol Keith David, hahaha!

I chose to buy SR2 over SR3 because SR3 was a little TOO over the top for me, but this looks even worse - I don't think I'll be buying this unless it turns out to have some really good gameplay rather than just the same stuff from previous installments with more craziness to hide the stale gameplay.

I never really get the hype behind the Saints Row franchise. It just looks like an inferior GTA wannabe to me.
I have grown up a massive GTA fan since GTA1 but SR2 destroyed GTA4 by a longshot IMO. Full co-op campaign and an insane list of customization and features that GTA4 didn't have at all. In fact SR2 was the 360 version of San Andreas but you and a buddy could go through the ENTIRE game together doing anything you want, going anywhere you want. No other sandbox game even comparable at that time besides Crackdown. So while SR might have seemed inferior, it has inspired MANY concepts in GTA5 and other sandbox games.

SR3 deleted some features to get more focus on craziness and better graphics.

SR4 looks about as over the top as it gets. A combination of Crackdown and Prototype mixed with SR3.

SR2 has been my favorite of the SR series. SR2 is just an incredible game with friends and other co-op partners. However I will only rent SR4.

Last edited:
SR2 destroyed GTA4 by a longshot. Full co-op campaign and an insane list of customization and features that GTA4 didn't have at all. In fact SR2 was the 360 version of San Andreas but you and a buddy could go through the ENTIRE game together doing anything you want, going anywhere you want. No other sandbox game even comparable at that time besides Crackdown. So while SR might have seemed inferior, it has inspired MANY concepts in GTA5 and other sandbox games.

SR3 deleted some features to get more focus on craziness and better graphics.

SR4 looks about as over the top as it gets. A combination of Crackdown and Prototype mixed with SR3.

SR2 has been my favorite of the SR series. SR2 is just an incredible game with friends and other co-op partners. However I will only rent SR4.

:bowdown::bowdown: What you have said is all true. SR2 back in 2008 was far better than GTA4. I felt I was playing San Andreas. Now I feel that will be the opposite, GTAV will "smash" SR4.

:bowdown::bowdown: What you have said is all true. SR2 back in 2008 was far better than GTA4. I felt I was playing San Andreas. Now I feel that will be the opposite, GTAV will "smash" SR4.
I agree. So far Rockstar has finally listened to all the negative community feedback for GTA5 and has taken the next step forward. So while SR2 was the prime of the SR series, I do feel GTA5 is going to move back ahead in the sandbox genre. Especially if they have some sort of epic co-op mode. Maybe even 16 player co-op similar to RDR. That would be amazing. I would still love to see GTA5 as a FULL co-op campaign, but I just don't see that happening especially with the 3 characters.

The other part I forgot to mention that frustrated me with SR3 was the online pass. That was one of the worst decisions for the SR series. Huge mistake. So hopefully they learned and wont have an online pass with SR4.

So at this point, SR2 is still one of the best sandbox games I have played. Especially the amazing co-op experience. Lets see if GTA5 takes that title from SR2. I truly believe it will. But hey, competition between sandbox games is always good. :sly:

Back