Saints Row IV

• Thread starter Ddrizle
  • 47 comments
http://www.psu.com/a020443/Got-$1-million-spare-Then-drop-it-on-Saints-Row-IVs-Super-Dangerous-Wad-Wad-Edition

Lol does this beat Grid 2 for having the most expensive collectors edition? It is limited to just 1 unit

Edit. Looks like the gtp app doesn't auto hyperlink but anyway thats the link

Someone noted "Saints Row" as a GTA wannabe. Well, when I played "Grand Theft Auto 4," I was extremely disappointed and just could never get into it. Let me show you how much I've played GTA4 up to this point... I haven't played the game in so long that the only mission available is the one where you take that girl to the bowling alley for a date. Yes. THAT far back. Haven't played it since. So imagine how great I felt when I played "Saints Row 2." I felt refreshed and was really reminded of what fun I had during "GTA: Vice City" and "GTA: San Andreas." It is only a GTA wannabe if you think Saints Row is simply trying to jock GTA's swag (so to speak). Both games are basically their own series in how both execute their gameplay. I don't see Saints Row much as any GTA wannabe even though they are similar in nature. I found Saints Row to be much more funny and more casual than the GTA series since GTA4. It has filled a void left behind from my disappointment of GTA4. Because of that title, I'm not even sure I want to even touch GTA5.

Now on to Saints Row IV. I still have not completed SR3 much, so it would be pointless to expect SR4 when SR3 still needs to be completed. I have to admit I was not too much a fan of the more futuristic kind of environment of Saints Row 3. I was also sort of disappointed in the customization aspects of SR3 compared to SR2. So SR4 may be a bit too much from what I've seen in trailers. I do think SR4 is pretty doggone funny. I'm sure SR4 is going to be great fun. And if SR4 is really going to be this climax or finale of Saints Row, I'd say it's going out with a boom. Not a bang- a BOOM.

I am so disappointed with this game. I played till 33% (according to save file info) and have no motivation to continue playing. The city and cars seem to mostly be from SR3 and cars are not much use after a while (no spoilers). I'm pretty pi:censored:ed i payed £35 for it.

I'm one of the latest to pick up "Saints Row IV." This world is so much more different from SR3. The more futuristic deal was why I probably wasn't as keen about SR3. In SR4, though, I want to say this is probably a cross between SR3 and maybe a bunch of other games. The package is all original, but it just feels a lot different from your average GTA-type game. It tends to have a feel of The Matrix series with some sort of Mass Effect feel to it. VERY interesting game.

Only thing I don't really like about Saints Row after SR2 was some of the customization options for your character. You had a lot more control over buying individual clothing for your character. In SR3 and SR4, you're basically buying one already-configured set of clothing with not too many options. I even think the different body and personality options were better in SR2 than in SR3/SR4.

To be honest, Saints Row IV actually surprised me with the superpower elements. Since I am not really into comic books or superheroes, I actually thought the idea of having some supercharged protagonist in the realm of a GTA-type game wouldn't be as fun. Having those powers can actually be a tremendous help getting around the city. It's almost like legalized cheating! I couldn't help but think you have powers that would make Mario and Sonic soil their underwear with the jumping and sprinting powers. The whole Simulation aspect of Steelport is interesting, and it surprisingly fits such a futuristic city like Steelport very well. Could you imagine if Stilwater was as futuristic as Steelport is? I do like the idea of how you store certain vehicles. You don't have to take them to a Safe House to store them.

So needless to say, this game has really surprised me more than blown me away. Liking it so far.

NIce!! I never had a chance to play SR4 yet because it got overshadowed by GTA5. But I will check it out on the X1 next year for sure. Glad I waited to buy it. :)

I haven't played Saints Row IV in ages. Most of what I've done was acquire a lot of those data things to enhance your superpowers. I can't remember really how far along I am in SR4's rendition of Steelport.

Just picked up the Re-Elected version on PS4 along with WATCH_DOGS and this is much better than I expected it to be.

The superpowers are a lot of fun to use and I thought the story was decent. Character creation doesn't seem that different from SR3 and the same goes for car customization, but the cars from SR3 do seem to have a few more options (and the new additions are great) and even though I end up just sprinting to mission objectives as its usually much quicker I don't think cars have been made completely redundant, but once you get infinite sprint (which you can get real early on if you do side quests) they are pretty much useless for getting somewhere quickly.

2 new additions I really like is the ability to play the radio when not driving a vehicle and being able to immediately store a vehicle as soon as you find one. The ability to change the style of the different weapons is another great addition. The sing-along with Pierce in the Brotherhood mission was amazing as they usually are.

One thing I would've liked, and this was the same in SR3, would be the ability to swap between dual wielding and not (like in SR2), specifically for the SMG's. I like dual wielding the MAC-10 looking gun but I actually prefer just having one of the MP5SD, but that's more of a nitpick.

If there's one thing I don't likae it's that you can't replay any of the main missions (or if you can I haven't seen the option for it) and that there wouldn't be much replayability once you've 100%'d it.

The 2 DLC's (ETD & HTSSC) are great fun though. Fully played through ETD and the 4th wall breaking in cutscenes I thought was great and the missions themselves were fun while there was some fun missions in HTSSC as well.

Although I don't think I'll really use many of the bonuses I recieved from them, except for maybe the XMAS Dubstep Gun​

You know, I can't remember the last time I played "Saints Row IV." I initially got into the Saints Row series after I felt disappointed with Grand Theft Auto IV. Saints Row 2 was excellent- funny and action-packed. Saints Row The Third was... kind of disappointing compared to SR2 while still being pretty intense. SR4 was fun and funny, but I still didn't really connect with it. If anything, the series established its own personality and not as some GTA clone.

But still... it's been a while since I played "Saints Row IV," and I kind of not have been intrigued to play it again. I haven't gotten too far into SR4 from my last play. I just wanted to share these thoughts since seeing this thread being updated.

I first played this game around 2 years ago and made a meganekko character based on someone I knew many years ago. Man, what can I say? She's a pretty looking doll who never bores me with her looks and personality. The only time I knew about this game was when I played in an internet cafe and there was no net. I browsed through the desktop's game and found this one. It was awesome because I could create my own character which can be based on anybody and I could dress them up however I like, too. I already heard about Saints Row before but during that time I still have no console yet to play this game and that I didn't know yet about the customization features in the series.

Back