Same Car, Same Colour, Same Track & Time Thread *(Read OP)*#1

• Thread starter torque99
  • 427 comments
England
England
Header.png

**All images posted in this thread are to not exceed 800px*450px or provide a link to the full size HD image i.e imgur/flickr/photobucket

***A maximum of 5 pictures per entry and only 1 entry for that weeks car.*** This can be edited and changed once but no more than one entry per member.

I posted this on the other thread and will put it in here to help out any one unsure of how to post 👍

1. You can 'upload a file' direct from PC/USB in .jpeg or .png format any massive size and this GTP thread will automatically upload and resize to the exact 800x450 for you. (no link involved).

2. If you are on a hosting site i.e Flickr, the best way is to upload direct there then use 'share bb code' click the drop down box to Medium (800x450) this will resize for you then click the paperclick link (on your post) and paste the flickr code in and all done.

3. You can use 1. (above) and paste the big size link in the bb code editor by going in to more options on the post you are on if you want sharper detail on the pic but it takes so much longer. (as you have to upload twice -here and host site)

4. Let us know how you plan to do it and I am sure we can help!..👍 but pretty much now you don't have to get involved in any resizing as the sites do it all for you.

p.s don't be scared off all here to help, if you did post large it is easily sorted/edited...same with all new posters just ask if you think it is too large for help as we all went through this a few months ago when it was being discussed by the mods etc :cheers:

"The idea is with many creative 'DriveClub' photographers on here and such an active thread photo mode is now a valuable part of Drive Clubs enjoyment so....

Each Week a brand new Car and colour will be chosen along with the time of day and the track to use the car on. This will then be the only car to be used on this thread until the next car and track. The photos with the most likes will get to choose the next car and track and colour for the following week." - torque99

All Artwork and Banners in this OP: Credit and thanks to:: @Nato_777 :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

SCSCSTSTSC_Week1.png

SCSCSTSTSC_Week2end.png

SCSCSTSTSC_Week3winner.png

SCSCSTSTSC_Week4win.png

SCSCSTSTSC_Week5winner.png

SCSCSTSTSC_Week6 ended.png

SCSCSTSTSC_Week7 end.png

SCSCSTSTSC_Week8ended.png

SCSCSTSTSC_Week9ended.png

SCSCSTSTSC_Week10end.png

SCSCSTSTSC_Week11end.png

SCSCSTSTSC_Week12ended.png

SCSCSTSTSC_Week13end.png

SCSCSTSTSC_Week14end.png

SCSCSTSTSC_Week15end.png

SCSCSTSTSC_Week16end.png

SCSCSTSTSC_Week17end.png

SCSCSTSTSC_Week18end.png

SCSCSTSTSC_Week19end.png

SCSCSTSTSC_Week20end.png

SCSCSTSTSC_Week21end.png

SCSCSTSTSC_Week22 end.png

SCSCSTSTSC_Week23end.png

SCSCSTSTSC_Week24end.png

SCSCSTSTSC_Week25end.png

As said on the latest post this Thread is now on a little break until new DLC, City tracks or fresh ideas come to Drive Club..Thanks to all the entries so far (Amazing!) and the all great Photos after a year or so that kept on coming! ..:bowdown:

torque99:cheers:

Good luck and get creative :cheers::gtpflag:

Last edited:
Are the pictures allowed to be edited (in Photoshop or such) or are we sticking to stock images?

I think keep it as an open thread so the best post wins fully edited or unedited. Same as main thread. More people may give it a go then. Just enter with how you normally do your photos. The idea is to see how varied the pics are in creativity and in art, design, framing, set up, field of view, lighting etc.

Go for it 👍:cheers:

Dark it may be, but there is variety in the different runs, due to the dynamic aspects in the game, so the clouds will have a different shape, the may be more light in one replay due to the clouds' position etc. Anyway, I have three replays stacked up, including a race, just got pictures from the first for now.

DRIVECLUB™_20150701094707.jpg
DRIVECLUB™_20150701095112.jpg
DRIVECLUB™_20150701095358.jpg
DRIVECLUB™_20150701100049.jpg
DRIVECLUB™_20150701100309.jpg

Last edited:
@MeanElf Wasn't it meant to be a Maximum of 5 pics per entry ;)👍:boggled::gtpflag:
Oops, forgot that...amended now.

EDIT: actually, wouldn't it serve better if we could post up as many posts as we like - I mean, it's all about showcasing how we all interpret a particular car and track and the competition thing is only really to determine who chooses the next theme.

Or have I missed the raison d'être for this? It's quite likely as I was happily drunk last night and not really paying much attention :embarrassed:

Last edited:
Oops, forgot that...amended now.

EDIT: actually, wouldn't it serve better if we could post up as many posts as we like - I mean, it's all about showcasing how we all interpret a particular car and track and the competition thing is only really to determine who chooses the next theme.

Or have I missed the raison d'être for this? It's quite likely as I was happily drunk last night and not really paying much attention :embarrassed:

I agree with you about showcasing the car and track and lots of pics of the same car but from past experience if you limit the number of photos you can take your best quality shines through with the pressure on to showcase the 5 ones you eventually pick or dismiss. But I am happy to change it no problem. 👍

I like the idea of limiting the number of shots, as you say it causes you to put your best foot forward so to speak. :)
It also potentially leaves room for more creativity from other members if one member hasn't already flooded the thread with loads of shots. ;)

@GameOver77 You managed to capture a butterfly and the car I see - well done! I was trying that but the only time I managed to get a butterfly in the right place it was upside-down!! :lol:
Yeah, they always do that for me too, birds as well...

Great shots @GameOver77 - the rationale is to see what you can make of a specific car and track, it's the individuality that makes every picture so special 👍

@GameOver77 You managed to capture a butterfly and the car I see - well done! I was trying that but the only time I managed to get a butterfly in the right place it was upside-down!! :lol:

took god knows how many attempts mate haha, i know what you mean, they do tend turn up side down or something as you move the camera, i wanted an orange butterfly but as you say they wouldnt stop going upside down haha, @MeanElf your bang on the money, all about an individuals prospective as to what they get from it, great pics from everyone, going to be a good thread this one 👍

Ok So we have a new winner and a new week!

See OP for details of the RUF in Wester Ross in heavy rain.. Enjoy..👍👍:gtpflag:

Any suggestions guys for keeping it weekly, Bi- Weekly or Monthly or are you happy to keep to thread moving weekly on a faster pace?

Wow, I wasn't expecting to win the first week, especially with so many wonderful and creative images from everybody - thank you all for the likes. :cheers:
I hope you enjoy the combination for this week and I'm looking forward to the eye candy you'll all bring. 👍 :)

Ok Here is my wk2 entry -A mixture of different filters, grain, lighting, techniques & action!!! I really enjoyed the track and car and spent quite a while drifting and skidding around one of my favourite tracks..Looking forward to seeing your pics and any new entries or people feel free to join in 👍👍

DRIVECLUB™_20150707153240.jpg

DRIVECLUB™_20150707153713.jpg

DRIVECLUB™_20150707154026.jpg

DRIVECLUB™_20150707155113.jpg

DRIVECLUB™_20150707155441.jpg
Is this one allowed? Two of the same car (colour same etc) but was in a race. If not I will swap it over! ;)

Last edited:
I still think more than one set would be more fun - I'll put the rest over in the main thread though, and that's from just two run-throughs on one replay ;)

Interesting by the way how the dynamic aspect of the weather (even when it's not on dynamic setting) can be different from the original, and different to some degree within each playthrough.
DRIVECLUB™_20150708065718.jpg
DRIVECLUB™_20150708070335.jpg
DRIVECLUB™_20150708072343.jpg
DRIVECLUB™_20150708073508.jpg
DRIVECLUB™_20150708075135.jpg

@torque99 as to your two car entry - I can't see any reason why not as they are both the car and colour for this week - well played. :)

@MeanElf it's great how there are subtle changes in the weather conditions even within a set condition. When I tested this combination prior to deciding on it, my first two laps were completely overcast but on the third lap on one section of track the sun broke through and a rainbow appeared like in your last image. It really adds to the immersion and makes for great photoshooting. Definitely worth doing several runs to see just what conditions you can get. :)

Oh yes, I can enter this week too?

@Nato_777 & @MeanElf Sounds good to me- the idea is to keep it as open as possible and tweak the thread to suit the people using it so it gets more popular than scare people from posting or worrying about their pics not being good enough or having too many rules!..It's all about the creativity and taking part 👍:gtpflag:

as far as im concerned @Nato_777 of course you can enter again, and if you win you chose again! and enter again ;). i also think 'race' version pics should be allowed, including having another coloured car in the shot as long as you clearly focus on the green. thats just my opinion tho :cheers: another very tough set up this week, very challenging thread, thats why i like it !

My 5 for this week
1-DRIVECLUB™_20150707214037.jpg
2-DRIVECLUB™_20150707214241.jpg
3-DRIVECLUB™_20150707213411.jpg
4-DRIVECLUB™_20150707213924.jpg
5-DRIVECLUB™_20150707214742.jpg

Back